This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Thanks for continuing to listen. We missed Bob and Jon too. They'll be back next episode.

I'm not sure if a lot of 'normal' fans of joe or tfs would dig an x-over line. I think if they were official transformers, and cool transforming toys, TF fans would go for it. Strictly Joe fans probably not unless there were some figs to go with a vehicle. I have collected joes of different sizes and some xover tfs until I could take the suck no longer... The smaller and larger joes (sigma six) were cool enough (along with the vehicles) to keep me interested.

I think it is worth a try as a sublime at the least. One would have to imagine the success of the sdcc exclusives would be having them take a serious look at it.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Spaceship Bruce » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:27 am

The slight format change is a good idea, & not trying to be a jerk but a little less Jon 3.0 Show would be a good thing. Also, where does one submit a listener question?
Spaceship Bruce
Mini-Con

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 am

Spaceship Bruce wrote: Also, where does one submit a listener question?

Well, I believe there was a thread for them, but u could always throw one in here if you want -- for consideration.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby rpetras » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I would also love a GI Joe/TF crossover line.

Borrowing from the ideas talked about in the podcast, I think you would need 2 lines, and I think it could still be done as sublines under both the Joe and TF banners.

For the GI Joe line:

First, as Chuck mentioned, a line of 3 3/4 joes with transforming stuff. You could get some clever small scale vehicles, like motorcycles, that transform. In fact, most of the existing deluxe TF motorcycles work pretty well with Joes.

A Snake Eyes that came with Arcee would be epic! Dual wielding swords and guns all over the place!

But, in addition to small vehicles, you could have transforming "stuff" that comes with the Joes themselves just in the standard figure line. I'm thinking backpacks that turn into weapons, that kind of thing, where the "story" would be that Joes and Cobra are using alien transforming technology in their struggle. This would work similar to what they did with the human figures in the Rescue Bots line.

But also in the 3 3/4 line you could get some of the smaller Transformers characters. I'd buy a 3 3/4 Rumble and Frenzy. Maybe have them transform into missile launchers or something, and give them handles a Joe could wield and a 5mm peg!

For the TF Side of the house:

You would have Joe and cobra vehicles, in the standard TF scales, that transform into TF characters. Prime as a Military transport truck, Megatron as a Hiss tank (with a Shockwave remold of course!) Hound as a Vamp, Skyfire/Jetfire as a Sky Striker.
I think this is simple and obvious.

TF buyers get their favorite bots and cons in new alt modes. Even if you don't care about GI Joe at all, you'll probably buy Ratchet as a military ambulance.

You probably wouldn't be able to have the "mini Joes" as was suggested in the podcast. The mini characters were dropped at some point from the SW Crossover line. I assume for choking hazard reasons.

Lord Onixprime wrote:
Kibble wrote:I wonder how many would actually care about a crossover line? ...

I have not interest in GI Joe, but I'd still be interested in a crossover line. GI Joe has some cool vehicles, which would make some awesome Transformers.

What Onyxprime said. The whole point of a crossover is to get people that are not necessarily interested in both lines to BECOME interested in them.

If you are strictly a Joe collector and you buy a Voyager scale Megatron HISS, just because it is a HISS, and realize how cool transforming toys are, you may start buying TFs. Or if you're a TF junkie and buy a Duke just to get a micron/minicon he comes with, Firefly with a transforming Trouble Bubble or a 3 3/4 inch Rumble, and you see how articulated and detailed they are, you might want more Joe Stuff.

Of course, if you want to attract new customers, these have to be done with quality, the opposite of the way the Marvel and SW crossovers are done.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7

Postby Kibble » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I dunno...I just think the whole thing is more of a fantasy concept of those that are big fans of both as they would probably come out half-assed at best like all the other Crossovers.

The SDCC sets have been successful in their limited, exclusive availability, but would an entire line hold up at retail? I dunno, maybe. Would the TransFans hold interest in just having character colors and random related accessories, but no actual transforming toys? Or could they make a quality Human Alliance-like line where the TFs were at least good enough that the TF fans would carry it to success? I kind of think as a whole the HA line sales were probably mediocre at best and that the rest of the movie line pretty much carried enough weight to see it through. The HA figs seemed to shelfwarm a lot in stores from what I saw.

I just think collectors would kind of have to carry the line and I'm not sure if there'd be enough interested between the two to really make it successful. But I could be wrong...or maybe that's part of the reason it hasn't been done already.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I can say that I found the HA line to be one of the best parts of DOTM.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby TulioDude » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Love the way Counterpunch bring the guest into the conversation.
I dont like all that much of weird Dinobots.
Sabrblade wrote:Still weird how only the first half downloaded the first time when nothing seemed to go wrong. :???:

That happened to me before too.
tigertracks 24 wrote:I can say that I found the HA line to be one of the best parts of DOTM.

I agree.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
-I wish there was cross platform gaming so I can kick Counterpunch's butt Han Juri style.

-Multiplayer gaming does last long.. for games that are advertised well, the Halos, the Call of Dutys, the Gears of Wars, the Battlefields, but as Mike alluded to, the small budget, less popular games such as War and Fall, the multiplayer experience is only going to be good in the half year. However, all you really do need is a couple group of guys to have a good time.

-RID Swoop's design is completely awful. I just.. ugh. why? Maximum Dinobots was 4 years ago.. he deserved a redesign. FoC Swoop is a beauty.

-I'm really thinking that they will do the Zodiac Transformers. Year of the Horse is going to be dope. Mack Kick reissue, let's do it.

-Definitely can't dig with Revoltechs anymore, whether it's IronMan, TFs or anything else. just don't like the designs anymore. They don't feel faithful anymore.

Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Blurrz wrote:-I'm really thinking that they will do the Zodiac Transformers. Year of the Horse is going to be dope. Mack Kick reissue, let's do it.
Or Battle Unicorn/Magna Stampede.

Or, as the pattern has been thus far, a horse-themed Optimus Prime figure, since the first two are neither a dragon-former nor a snake-former (Cohrada, Night Viper, BW Quickstrike).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Which Prime do you think? I know they'll have to utilize the Armada Jetpants but that'll probably be best for the Year of the Rooster.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby TulioDude » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Blurrz wrote:-I'm really thinking that they will do the Zodiac Transformers. Year of the Horse is going to be dope. Mack Kick reissue, let's do it.

Or, as the pattern has been thus far, a horse-themed Optimus Prime figure, since the first two are neither a dragon-former nor a snake-former (Cohrada, Night Viper, BW Quickstrike).

Like it has been said before,the super Train mode does have a shape of Snake.
And you could say Ultimate Optimus Prime wings resemble the ones from a dragon.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Skill: 7

Postby quickmixed » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 am

Sabrblade wrote:

I would have been all over picking up a year of the Snake repainted Cohrada. That figure is awesome.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby lonrac » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
how about, going forward, you let known the file size and time-lenght of the podcast, so when downloading, we know how much should show up on the download screen?

cheers
lonrac
Fuzor
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
NEW!
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTORSHOT Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s67k 2005 231102A"
NEW!
SCATTORSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #22 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (CA) Ng (A) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con DUALOR Transformers Armada complete 2002 Destruction Team 190613a"
Mini-Con DUALOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHT ATTACK MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
NIGHT ATTACK MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
NEW!
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON