Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby FansProjectFan178 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Motto: "Speak up, I can't hear you over the BLARINGLY LOUD MUSIC!!!"
Ol' Snokey is back, plucked from the ashes of his last showing in Armada. Finally seeing a new Autobot after all those Cons is refreshing. Should be an interesting change so long as he doesn't go the way of Skyquake or Makeshift.

This I got to see :-?
FansProjectFan178
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:12 am
Buy from FansProjectFan178 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
That's totally Nolan North behind the voice.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1138
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby FansProjectFan178 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Motto: "Speak up, I can't hear you over the BLARINGLY LOUD MUSIC!!!"
FansProjectFan178 wrote:Ol' Snokey is back, plucked from the ashes of his last showing in Armada. Finally seeing a new Autobot after all those Cons is refreshing. Should be an interesting change so long as he doesn't go the way of Skyquake or Makeshift.

This I got to see :-?


Snokey => Smokey

This is what I get when I don't spell check what I post :HEADHURTS:
FansProjectFan178
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:12 am
Buy from FansProjectFan178 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby autoride » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Smokescreen is one of the most awesome characters in prime that I have seen so far!



This is going to be great :D
autoride
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Bubbah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I like him already! Face looks a little thin and narrow ... but I love the personality we see, and overall he looks great!
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Volrathicus Baenimus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Motto: "Better gone than 'con."
Weapon: Magnetic Repellor-Attractor
Well, from the clip is seems like we have our answer as to why Jack is teaming with him.

Its not to split up Jack and Arcee.

Its because teaming him up with Miko would be a freaking Suicide Squad.
Evil is the absence of empathy.
User avatar
Volrathicus Baenimus
Micromaster
Posts: 78
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 4
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby a Cobra Viper » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm just not very impressed with this show anymore. Why did he make a metal on metal screeching noise when he slide through the dirt? They need to shore up the animation. Everything seems clunky. How do none of the Autobots know this bot, but he happened to just find them on Earth on his own and by himself?

He just jumps over Bee and Arcee, with a really bad camera motion to boot, to the frontline of the skirmish, picks off one or two 'cons, and dances around avoiding very few incoming shots. *sigh* Maybe season 3 will be good.
a Cobra Viper
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby KNM2012 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Glad that I sided with the images that Sabrblade and others gave out! :lol:

Now I am wondering how he will fare out for me in the series, and if he will be added to my "Collection of Fame" as well! 8)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Haha! Yes! I knew it!

And to all that had ever doubted the power of Smokescreen:

Image

HAHAHAHAH! Now give us a toy. And don't make it a repaint of Knock Out like Japan or I'll rip your faces off. :-x

Edit: Now that I look at him again, he does resemble Knock Out rather closely (aside from a completely different head mold and the wings, which are on the other side of his wheels :D), more the toy than the animation model. :roll: As long as they don't completely screw it up, I'm fine with a retool.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby dedcat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
Oh look... a Knockout repaint with a starscream head and a 1 dimensional personality. Because what the series really needed was a character to jump around shooting lasers yelling 'WOOO!'

Now that I got that out of my system, I hope he ends up being a great new character.
User avatar
dedcat
Fuzor
Posts: 238
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Vectorshot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:44 pm

I don"t know.... he looks a little too much like Starscream for me. I will hold my comments for the end of season 2.
Vectorshot
Fuzor
Posts: 208
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:04 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I cant be the only one who laughed when ratchet said "The humans refer to this phenomenon as a clown car" :lol: If I didnt know any better, id'e say ratchet was plucked straight from the 90's.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Bubbah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
BeastProwl wrote:I cant be the only one who laughed when ratchet said "The humans refer to this phenomenon as a clown car" :lol: If I didnt know any better, id'e say ratchet was plucked straight from the 90's.

Oh don't worry, you're not! My coworker in the office next to me came over to see what was so funny! I was cracking up!
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby nikkinavarro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Oh ya!! I'm so glad smokescreen is in prime. He hasn't been in the shows since the unicron trilogy. I love his personality too.
User avatar
nikkinavarro
Mini-Con
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: California
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby XDMan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
So this is why Takara made a toy for him. I hope he get's released in America as well.
Image

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
a Cobra Viper wrote:I'm just not very impressed with this show anymore. Why did he make a metal on metal screeching noise when he slide through the dirt?

Because it's rock, not dirt. Basically a rock shelf.
a Cobra Viper wrote:They need to shore up the animation. Everything seems clunky.

If you say so. I'm inclined to disagree. If it seems choppy, it's because there's a lot of going on and a lot of jump cuts from one bit of action to the next.
a Cobra Viper wrote:How do none of the Autobots know this bot, but he happened to just find them on Earth on his own and by himself?

Did you somehow miss the "All Autobots, come to Earth and join my band of merry misfits!" message they intentionally reminded us of in "Out of the Past" already?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Homerjay14522 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I can easily see a repaint and new head mold for Prowl. Hell, his head now looks like Prowl as is.
Homerjay14522
Minibot
Posts: 100
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
If this show plays its cards right, I just might have a new favorite Autobot. :D
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18004
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:If this show plays its cards right, I just might have a new favorite Autobot. :D


If Smokie tops Jackie then I too shall have a new favorite Autobot.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
SMOKESCREEN!

i wonder if he will actually use smokescreen for tactical purposes
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If this show plays its cards right, I just might have a new favorite Autobot. :D


If Smokie tops Jackie then I too shall have a new favorite Autobot.
To be honest, Jackie still hasn't really wowed me yet as much as I'd hoped he would have by now. In all episodes he starred in, another character outperformed him, IMO:
  • "Con Job" - Makeshift was a cooler Jackie than the real Jackie. :|
  • "Loose Cannons" - Dreadwing made that episode. 8)
  • "Triage" - Ratchet. 'Nuff said. :APPLAUSE:
  • "Hurt" - Miko's thirst for revenge only to learn how hollow it was in the end was more impactful to me.
I still have hopes that Wheeljack himself will shine on in later episodes, but for now, it felt more to me like he played second-fiddle to these guys.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18004
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
why couldn't they let that insecticon rip apart arcee or ratchet? it had them. smokescreen is cool. nice to have another kid to the team.
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 970
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
griftimus prime wrote:why couldn't they let that insecticon rip apart arcee or ratchet? it had them. smokescreen is cool. nice to have another kid to the team.

No, not Ratchet, he NEEDS things! Like a body! :lol: Arcee, I like, but I could also live without. Though I feel the dynamic would suffer without her, since she's the usually-level-headed-subordinate...when she's not pissed off and run-and-gunning.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If this show plays its cards right, I just might have a new favorite Autobot. :D


If Smokie tops Jackie then I too shall have a new favorite Autobot.
To be honest, Jackie still hasn't really wowed me yet as much as I'd hoped he would have by now. In all episodes he starred in, another character outperformed him, IMO:
  • "Con Job" - Makeshift was a cooler Jackie than the real Jackie. :|
  • "Loose Cannons" - Dreadwing made that episode. 8)
  • "Triage" - Ratchet. 'Nuff said. :APPLAUSE:
  • "Hurt" - Miko's thirst for revenge only to learn how hollow it was in the end was more impactful to me.
I still have hopes that Wheeljack himself will shine on in later episodes, but for now, it felt more to me like he played second-fiddle to these guys.


I just love Wheeljack's character, not any "battle action" that he does (which he's done plenty of ass-kicking. He just hasn't killed anyone important yet :roll: :-( ). If Smokescreen ends up being as annoying as Miko used to be, Wheeljack stays #1 (but top Ratchet as #2. You can't pass up that badass look Smokie's got).

But we never know, Wheeljack could be the next member of the Autobots to die. He's gotten pretty beat up by Dreadwing, Soundwave, and Hardshell. Don't know if he has much left in him. :-(
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Postby njb902 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 pm

the autobots actually need ratchet though.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014