Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
kwanzaabot wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:OK MR. Professor thanks for telling us how smart you are
I knew that "brontosaur" was not an actual dinosaur name
i used it because i wanted everyone to understand what
i was referring to


Let's see how you like it when people are ignorant of things you're interested in. ;)

WTF are you talking about! did i upset you? well, man up and get over it
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Blurrz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Stormrider wrote:
kwanzaabot wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I've been treated by Bioware so nicely that it feels so weird to be buying MP DLC. Won't bite on any of this until they release new MP maps or smth.


Same here, except replace "Bioware" with "Bethesda".

The amount of free content Skyrim's had after release is just staggering (Space Core, mounted combat, hi-rez textures, new killcams), not to mention paid content like Dawnguard, to the point where paying $10 for content that's already on the disc (and therefore I've already paid for) just feels like highway robbery... which I guess it kinda sorta is.



So do you folks see this as a growing trend?


It should be. I understand the individual developers and companies need to make the extra cash, but as a gamer who plays alot - the DLC for games, and the amount out there is astounding - especially if you need that DLC to play with others who have it. The concept of free multiplayer DLC.. I view it as beneficial because 3-4 months down the road, a person would probably be more willing to pay for the regular game, and get straight into the multiplayer without worrying about not having anyone to play with because he's just got the bare bones game.

But this is Activision, lol, yeah right.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11562
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 am

Yeah, thinking about it... if we buy the game AND the three DLC packs. We've ALMOST doubled the price we paid for the game, just to get some extra skins that should have come with the game.

At $10, I feel MUCH better buying add ons with some escalation map, subplot, animation, story included WITH the characters.

$5=skins
$10=map & skins
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am

I'm tired of reading about a Dinobot DLC Pack. I want to read about a Dinobot figure set! When is THAT going to come out?
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4618
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 am

YES! This. I'll be hella disappointed if we don't get a full set of five dinobots and three insecticons. Maybe they'll pull a page from FansProject's book and give us some Deluxe Insecticon recolors.

Sad to say, but the prototype 3rd party vehicle mold retools (shown at TFCon) of the insects in Cybertron mode look much better than the fuzzy, pointy version of Kickback we have coming from Hasbro. I like to envision the pre-earth mode of bots more like that, with turrets and tank treads and drillers and armor... more like War Within Grimlock.

I wish we could see a whole line of meched-out heavy armor missile battery gerwalk looking tank tread sportingTransformers... each of the main characters pushed that direction. Sad to say we'll probably have to look to the games and/or 3rd party for anything like that.
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby a Cobra Viper » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:18 am

gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, thinking about it... if we buy the game AND the three DLC packs. We've ALMOST doubled the price we paid for the game, just to get some extra skins that should have come with the game.

At $10, I feel MUCH better buying add ons with some escalation map, subplot, animation, story included WITH the characters.

$5=skins
$10=map & skins


Agreed. I've already stopped buying the Transformer toys due to the ridiculous prices. I won't hesitate to stop buying game DLC if they keep upping the price vs what it's worth. The third installment will probably be $15 for a 4/5 character pack. No thanks.
a Cobra Viper
Micromaster
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Iron Prime » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm tired of reading about a Dinobot DLC Pack. I want to read about a Dinobot figure set! When is THAT going to come out?


AMEN!
*Formerly Snarlus Prime
Image

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:You are honorable enough to join the house of STO :grin:

Let us pick up arms and join the battle :twisted:
User avatar
Iron Prime
Godmaster
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:23 am
Location: Minnesota, U.S.A
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby daimchoc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

It's spelled SLAG!!!

Image
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 114
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
daimchoc wrote:It's spelled SLAG!!!
Play the game. His name is "Slug".

Stop being so GEEWUN.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16646
News Credits: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby bluecatcinema » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am

daimchoc wrote:It's spelled SLAG!!!

Let me guess, you didn't like him being called "Snarl" in TFA?
bluecatcinema
Fuzor
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:06 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Iron Prime » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:55 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
bluecatcinema wrote:Let me guess, you didn't like him being called "Snarl" in TFA?

As a Snarl fan that actually kinda pissed me off... :-(
*Formerly Snarlus Prime
Image

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:You are honorable enough to join the house of STO :grin:

Let us pick up arms and join the battle :twisted:
User avatar
Iron Prime
Godmaster
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:23 am
Location: Minnesota, U.S.A
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby a Cobra Viper » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am

Iron Prime wrote:
bluecatcinema wrote:Let me guess, you didn't like him being called "Snarl" in TFA?

As a Snarl fan that actually kinda pissed me off... :-(


That was pretty annoying. I don't care for the name changing in the first place, but I don't understand the theft of another character's name, either. Why not just have Snarl in the show instead of Slag?
a Cobra Viper
Micromaster
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 am

aw. You guys say Geeewun like it's a BAD thing. ;)
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
gothsaurus wrote:aw. You guys say Geeewun like it's a BAD thing. ;)
It is when it unfairly shows disgrace to something harmless and innocent from a post-G1 series. >:oP
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16646
News Credits: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Grimlock Shakur » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 am

Motto: ""If you got it, flaunt it baby!""
Weapon: 16 Cannons
I downloaded the Dino pack last night on my PS3...
it's pretty good... but I really thought we were going to get al their weapons and stuff, for example... Grimlock, he doesn't have his shield and sword, and he doesn't throw fire in trex mode... :BOOM: , maybe you have to "earn" that, but c'mon! I paid 10 bucks expecting all of that, I really wanted to own some peeps online... I think the game has a long way to go and improve their online multiplayer experience, I just wanted to get my moneys worth, don't get me wrong, it was still fun kicking ass with half ass Grimlock, but I wanted to do some DESTRUCTION! =P~ HAHA

:BOT:
User avatar
Grimlock Shakur
Micromaster
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:46 am
Watch Grimlock Shakur on YouTube
Buy from Grimlock Shakur on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Rank: 1
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby RazorSlash92 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Motto: "Where's Fun Without Chaos?"
Weapon: Two Fusion Rifles
Any reason this keeps showing as some of the latest news, even though it's 4 days old?
User avatar
RazorSlash92
Micromaster
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
RazorSlash92 wrote:Any reason this keeps showing as some of the latest news, even though it's 4 days old?



Wait another three days; it'll disappear eventually.

Until the Massive Fury Pack comes out.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby joevill » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
RazorSlash92 wrote:Any reason this keeps showing as some of the latest news, even though it's 4 days old?

It's sticky
Image
When eating planets alone isn't enough to satisfy the Chaos Bringer's hunger, Unicron comes to Earth to fill up on McDonald's. McDonald's golden arches will light our darkest hour (when the Chaos Bringer would not share) by clogging his arteries, raising his blood pressure, and giving him diabetes.
User avatar
joevill
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 572
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 am

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Downloaded both DLC's the other night...FREAKING AWESOME.
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Headmaster
Posts: 1171
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 am

Aw. I talked myself into downloading the DLC, but it wouldn't work. Checked all the card info, etc. Anyone else have troubles?
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby MARKPRIME » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am

Anyone can tell me if the dinobots or other downloadable character comes with its original colors?
MARKPRIME
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
MARKPRIME wrote:Anyone can tell me if the dinobots or other downloadable character comes with its original colors?


No. You only get the body parts. HMS can't decide which color sets to use; every time a DLC comes out, they switch the colors, then the next day, they switch them back. Either choose a color set and have it stay or combine both sets (as I'd love it to happen).
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby MARKPRIME » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

Mindmaster wrote:
MARKPRIME wrote:Anyone can tell me if the dinobots or other downloadable character comes with its original colors?


No. You only get the body parts. HMS can't decide which color sets to use; every time a DLC comes out, they switch the colors, then the next day, they switch them back. Either choose a color set and have it stay or combine both sets (as I'd love it to happen).


Thanks dude... and what a shame, i would love to play them with the color set they have in the game.
MARKPRIME
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
MARKPRIME wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
MARKPRIME wrote:Anyone can tell me if the dinobots or other downloadable character comes with its original colors?


No. You only get the body parts. HMS can't decide which color sets to use; every time a DLC comes out, they switch the colors, then the next day, they switch them back. Either choose a color set and have it stay or combine both sets (as I'd love it to happen).


Thanks dude... and what a shame, i would love to play them with the color set they have in the game.


The first color set actually had the Dinobot colors (red/yellow) up for grabs, but the next day they changed it. Then when the Dinobot DLC came out, they changed it to the launch sets, then the next day, back to post-launch sets. Something tells me that when the Massive Fury Pack comes out, launch colors will be available briefly, then back to post-launch colors.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Havoc and Dinobot Destructor Pack

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 am

That's not professional to go advertising something, then changing the deal. Grump. >:oP
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014