This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

RUMOR: Transformers: Prime to end with only 16 episodes of season 3?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: RUMOR: Transformers: Prime to end with only 16 episodes of season 3?

Postby XDMan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 am

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
The end of the Prime franchise? Aw. :sad:

Well, this has been as successful as G1, Beast Wars and possibly Animated.

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Megatron Wolf wrote: Bring back Cullen too just tell him to stop doing his old man prime voice and tell him to do normal Optimus Prime.

Peter is 71 years old. Do you expect him to sound the same when he was 43? He's doing his "normal" Optimus Prime voice, but people age, and it sounds older. You do know that he was 43 when he did his "normal" Optimus Prime voice, right?

At least this Optimus voice isn't edited with a vocoder in Prime, like the Movies (and to some extent, G1). :roll:
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Flashwave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Disappointed if this is true, but if it is, I'm not neccesarily surprised. Prime has done wonderful things as a cartoon, but three seasons seems to be the average lifespan of a TF cartoon nowadays
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote: Bring back Cullen too just tell him to stop doing his old man prime voice and tell him to do normal Optimus Prime.

Peter is 71 years old. Do you expect him to sound the same when he was 43? He's doing his "normal" Optimus Prime voice, but people age, and it sounds older. You do know that he was 43 when he did his "normal" Optimus Prime voice, right?

At least this Optimus voice isn't edited with a vocoder in Prime, like the Movies (and to some extent, G1). :roll:
Then have him voice Optimus like he did for the Orion Pax episodes. An Average Joe we can all relate to instead of a pontificating stiff whose only emotion is anger or nothing.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby amtm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
Boo. Transformers Prime has been the best series since G1. If they are going to end it, they'd better have a real wrap-up at least, instead of some dumb open-ended "there will be a sequel so we can sell more toys" type thing.

I am not a big fan of animal Transformers, as animal modes don't lend themselves to transformation very well, or at least most of the toys have done a poor job of it so far, so I am not enthused about a "beast hunters" theme. Maybe we'll get a few pleasant suprises like some updated Classics Dinobots, but I'll probably end up spending about as much money on any beastformers as I have so far on the Prime toys, which is none. (I love the show, but hate the look--it's the worst of both worlds, Animated and Movie.)
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Gundamu » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Motto: "Freedom isn't given to you. You have to take it with your own hands."
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
I agree with the though that Beast Hunters will pick up where Prime leaves off. Makes sense.
Gundamu
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Bubbah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
IF this is the end of Prime, I'll be extremely disappointed. I really like this series and was really hoping to see it continue and see where it was going. I really like the cast and will be sad to see them go but I'm not going to freak out and worry just yet. Hasbro has stated that this alligned continuity is what they're sticking with for a while so I'm pretty sure that Beast Hunters is going to be a crossing into point for the next portion, much like A/E/C had or Beast Wars & Beast Machines.

What I'm really hoping for is that Beast Hunters is going to be Prime's version of the G1 movie. After the movie, the G1 series continued but with a completely rebooted cast. I'd be ok with Prime season 3 doing this, and Prime continueing into season 4 & 5 following the cast of Ultra Magnus and Thundertron (since they have upcoming toys) as the story follows up on Exodus/Exiles type setting and introducing more characters. Then after a couple seasons of that, have it all lead back to Team Prime on Earth, with a merging of story lines for some epic conclusions and events.
Bubbah
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Speed: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
NO!...
NO!
oh gosh, NO!
nonononononononononononononononononnononononnonononononononononononononnonoonononono!
NO!
i mean i didnt want prime to last a decade, but this is too short!
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 pm

starwarrior1227 wrote:NO!...
NO!
oh gosh, NO!
nonononononononononononononononononnononononnonononononononononononononnonoonononono!
NO!

Prime wasn't going to last a decade. It was going to last 5 years. The Aligned continuity family is supposed to last a decade. That's not going to change.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
PrymeStriker wrote:
NO!
oh gosh, NO!
NO!

Prime wasn't going to last a decade. It was going to last 5 years. The Aligned continuity family is supposed to last a decade. That's not going to change.

oh.....still...
NO!
NO!
TOO SHORT!!
NO!
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Speed: 5
Skill: Infinity

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 pm

starwarrior1227 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
NO!
oh gosh, NO!
NO!

oh.....still...
NO!
NO!
TOO SHORT!!
NO!

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I wonder if this has anything to do with Hasbro's mishandling of the toyline. They aren't selling because there are too many damn Bumblbees. But like the DotM line it's because they screwed up distribution, not a lack of interest.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby Heavy B » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Please PLEASE don't let takara make the next show, We've had such a good run since that boondogle of RID/Unicron Trilogy. :PRAY:
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If Hasbro believed in the way they handled their product, they would let it last longer.
"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... on-175936/
UPDATE Jeffrey Combs confirmed today 9/16/2012 that there will be a fourth season of Transformers Prime - the series will NOT end with season 3. Early cutoff rumor untrue."

So it IS continuing. Yay!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-season-3-will-be-16-episodes-not-the-final-season-175936/
UPDATE Jeffrey Combs confirmed today 9/16/2012 that there will be a fourth season of Transformers Prime - the series will NOT end with season 3. Early cutoff rumor untrue."

WHEW! That was a close one. Yayayayayayaya!

:APPLAUSE:

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
It'll be a shame when PRIME finishes, but as they say all good things must come to an end. And those that don't end tend to become less and less of a good thing as time goes on. I only hope that Hasbro allows PRIME to end with a proper conclussion. I'll welcome whatever takes over so long as the quality remains. Perhaps the replacement series will give an insight into which characters will be appearing in Transformers 4.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Justanormalguy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Justanormalguy wrote:Hmmm, I may have to look into this. I would like to know what "Beast Masters" is though.
That was a typo on Burn's part. He meant "Beast Hunters".

Oh ok. I wonder what that may be. Return of beast modes?
When Megatron..
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Courage: 7
Skill: ???

Postby Justanormalguy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-season-3-will-be-16-episodes-not-the-final-season-175936/

WHEW! That was a close one. Yayayayayayaya!

:APPLAUSE:

*Does the happy dance* :DANCE:
When Megatron..
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Courage: 7
Skill: ???

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Justanormalguy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Justanormalguy wrote:Hmmm, I may have to look into this. I would like to know what "Beast Masters" is though.
That was a typo on Burn's part. He meant "Beast Hunters".

Oh ok. I wonder what that may be. Return of beast modes?

It's Season 3(or 3.5) of Transformers Prime. We speculate the introduction of the Dinobots and Star Seekers.

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bubbah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Well we can all breathe a sigh of relief. But remember, the same person who started the rumors is the one who debunked them haha. Obviously Prime is continueing into a season 4 but Combs has said nothing about Ratchet going forward, AND there's still the "iteration" comment he made, so there's obviously going to be a large change/shake up in the middle of season 3. And for all we know, season 3 may be 26 episodes, the 16 episode cutoff is for Combs/Ratchet ... We'll just have to wait and see, while resting comfortably knowing "the show will go on" :)
Bubbah
Fuzor
Speed: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby Downbeat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Motto: "Can't think and I'm feeling fine."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Whatever actually happens, I hope what comes next for Transformers cartoon-wise features better writing. Animated is still the gold star standard for writing in a Transformers product marketed to children in my eyes, even if it felt like a stop-gap cartoon because of its poor animation/low budget.

I'm hoping for something featuring writing by Barber, Roche, or Roberts, or even character designs by Roche. Nick's artstyle would translate incredibly well to a show.
Downbeat
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby njb902 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:51 pm

You can all stop freaking out now, we'll at least until rodimus2006 discovers this thread.
njb902
Gestalt

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

njb902 wrote:You can all stop freaking out now, we'll at least until rodimus2006 discovers this thread.

That's kind of rude (but true).

But I'm surprised nobody has updated the news post. What's up with that?

PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:You can all stop freaking out now, we'll at least until rodimus2006 discovers this thread.

That's kind of rude (but true).

But I'm surprised nobody has updated the news post. What's up with that?
Maybe no one's submitted the news or alerted any of the news staff yet.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETOUR Transformers G1 Micromasters Sports Car Patrol Hasbro 1989 220302A"
DETOUR Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Roleplaying Game Core RULEBOOK Renegade Studios RPG AUG218180"
Transformers Rolep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210545 13RI (CA) Griffin"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers G1 Titan Guardians Vinyl Action Figure 6" Hasbro"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON