Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby dedcat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
Pessemism - Please, no. Nothing good will come of this.

Optimism - It'd be a step up from Bay at least.

Realism - This would efectivly end the 3rd party toy's. Those disney lawyers are vicious.
User avatar
dedcat
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Manterax Prime wrote:I'm glad that Disney will never be able to touch Bandai and Lego as they are not US based companies. They have US branches, but their headquarters are located in their country of origin (Bandai: Japan, Lego: Denmark)

And even though Disney has got their SciFi on with Tron, I'd rather not have them buy out Hasbro. I don't want a big Disney logo on my robots.

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Transformers is coyrighted not only by Hasbro, but by Takara as well. So just buying Hasbro would not give Disney the rights to Transformers.


Hasbro owns Transformers. I'm not sure how Takara Tomy's end of all of this would be affected in Japan, but if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it would mean that the Transformers brand would fall under Disney as well.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Mkall » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I can foresee better quality toys put out because of this. It would probably also mark the end of 3rd parties.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14081
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Cyber Bishop » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Rhinox23 wrote:Seriously though, it think Disney is buying up all of these properties because they can't come up with any new entertainment ideas of their own. When was the last time Disney had a good original movie on their own? It's been a while.


Let's see, someone already mentioned Wreck it Ralph (which I saw this past weekend with my youngest daughter and LOVED).

Some more..
Tangled
Princess and the Frog
Winnie the Pooh

With Pixar
Brave
Toy Story 3
Up

SO yeah, they are doing just fine..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Xephon0930 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Hey Disney,how is your quest on world conquest going?
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:46 pm
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Manterax Prime » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Seibertron wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:I'm glad that Disney will never be able to touch Bandai and Lego as they are not US based companies. They have US branches, but their headquarters are located in their country of origin (Bandai: Japan, Lego: Denmark)

And even though Disney has got their SciFi on with Tron, I'd rather not have them buy out Hasbro. I don't want a big Disney logo on my robots.

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Transformers is coyrighted not only by Hasbro, but by Takara as well. So just buying Hasbro would not give Disney the rights to Transformers.


Hasbro owns Transformers. I'm not sure how Takara Tomy's end of all of this would be affected in Japan, but if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it would mean that the Transformers brand would fall under Disney as well.


Regardless, I am not buying if there's a big Disney logo plastered on a Transformers box.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Please. No. :cry:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby RazorSlash92 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Motto: "Where's Fun Without Chaos?"
Weapon: Two Fusion Rifles
Oh please God no..
It may seem like nothing at first......but this is exactly what happened to Spectacular Spider-Man.
Marvel had a successful series, Spectacular Spider-Man
Disney buys Marvel
Disney wants a show they have better control over
Out pops Ultimate Spider-Man, as Spectacular is cancelled mid-production of Season 3. Ultimate Spider-Man turns out to be a show very loosley based on anything Spider-Man, deals with no plot whatsoever, and constantly makes low-brow kiddie humor as an excuse for plot.

Hasbro has a successful series, Transformers: Prime..
Disney wants to buy Hasbro..
See where I'm going with this?
User avatar
RazorSlash92
Micromaster
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Manterax Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:I'm glad that Disney will never be able to touch Bandai and Lego as they are not US based companies. They have US branches, but their headquarters are located in their country of origin (Bandai: Japan, Lego: Denmark)

And even though Disney has got their SciFi on with Tron, I'd rather not have them buy out Hasbro. I don't want a big Disney logo on my robots.

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Transformers is coyrighted not only by Hasbro, but by Takara as well. So just buying Hasbro would not give Disney the rights to Transformers.


Hasbro owns Transformers. I'm not sure how Takara Tomy's end of all of this would be affected in Japan, but if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it would mean that the Transformers brand would fall under Disney as well.


Regardless, I am not buying if there's a big Disney logo plastered on a Transformers box.
How 'bout a teeny tiny logo on the bottom of the box's butt? As, that's where all/most of the company logos (which are indeed quite small) are already located on TF toy packaging.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Manterax Prime » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:I'm glad that Disney will never be able to touch Bandai and Lego as they are not US based companies. They have US branches, but their headquarters are located in their country of origin (Bandai: Japan, Lego: Denmark)

And even though Disney has got their SciFi on with Tron, I'd rather not have them buy out Hasbro. I don't want a big Disney logo on my robots.

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Transformers is coyrighted not only by Hasbro, but by Takara as well. So just buying Hasbro would not give Disney the rights to Transformers.


Hasbro owns Transformers. I'm not sure how Takara Tomy's end of all of this would be affected in Japan, but if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it would mean that the Transformers brand would fall under Disney as well.


Regardless, I am not buying if there's a big Disney logo plastered on a Transformers box.
How 'bout a teeny tiny logo on the bottom of the box's butt? As, that's where all/most of the company logos (which are indeed quite small) are already located on TF toy packaging.


Ok, I'll rephrase. No Disney logo. Period.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Oncoming Storm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I am so (Blanking) Sick of 'Disney'...
The 'Disney Company' IS Just PURE EVIL;
It is Satan's Own Personal Brand Name and is just another one of his 'Trademarks'!!!
--I swear that someone, somewhere just knows how to push my buttons about Evil,
Corporate Empires?!
(This is proof positive to me that the World as we now know it is going to end soon!!!)
As far as "Transformers Blasphemy" is concerned, Michael Bay was Nothing compared to this news...
It REALLY frosts my cornflakes! :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
Oncoming Storm
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:I'm glad that Disney will never be able to touch Bandai and Lego as they are not US based companies. They have US branches, but their headquarters are located in their country of origin (Bandai: Japan, Lego: Denmark)

And even though Disney has got their SciFi on with Tron, I'd rather not have them buy out Hasbro. I don't want a big Disney logo on my robots.

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Transformers is coyrighted not only by Hasbro, but by Takara as well. So just buying Hasbro would not give Disney the rights to Transformers.


Hasbro owns Transformers. I'm not sure how Takara Tomy's end of all of this would be affected in Japan, but if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it would mean that the Transformers brand would fall under Disney as well.


Regardless, I am not buying if there's a big Disney logo plastered on a Transformers box.
How 'bout a teeny tiny logo on the bottom of the box's butt? As, that's where all/most of the company logos (which are indeed quite small) are already located on TF toy packaging.


Ok, I'll rephrase. No Disney logo. Period.


I don't think you have anything to worry about. When you watch Monday Night Football, you don't see the Disney logo during the broadcast. When you watched Avengers at the theatre, you didn't see the Disney logo. When you read a Marvel comic book, you don't see the Disney logo. When your wife watches Revenge on ABC, you don't see the Disney logo. I think most people don't realize how big Disney already is ... they've been pretty good about leaving the companies alone that they buy, or at least that's my perception of what's happened.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Oncoming Storm wrote:I am so (Blanking) Sick of 'Disney'...
The 'Disney Company' IS Just PURE EVIL;
It is Satan's Own Personal Brand Name and is just another one of his 'Trademarks'!!!
--I swear that someone, somewhere just knows how to push my buttons about Evil,
Corporate Empires?!
(This is proof positive to me that the World as we now know it is going to end soon!!!)
As far as "Transformers Blasphemy" is concerned, Michael Bay was Nothing compared to this news...
It REALLY frosts my cornflakes! :twisted: :twisted: :evil:



What has Disney done that is so "evil"? Saying you don't like Disney or what they stand for is one thing, but saying they're "evil" is a whole other thing.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Amazing how those know so little tend to be the most negative. :roll: :lol:

In all cases, this would be a smart move. Hasbro does the Marvel toylines, the Star Wars toylines, and the Indiana Jones toylines. They also own Wizards of the Coast. And they have a partnership with TOMY, who has a partnership with Disney.

With the Marvel, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones toylines, these would have a permanent home at Hasbro. They could also have the Star Wars RPG be renewed and given a permanent home within Wizards of the Coast, as well as maybe create a Kingdom Hearts RPG as well. And TOMY could benefit from this, as it means they could revive their "Disney Brand" Transformers and sell them at the Tokyo Disney stores as well. Plus, Hasbro could do the same with Disneyland, California Adventures, Walt Disney World, and Epcot Center... As well as the numerous stores within the United States.

The only concern I have, however, are tied to both IDW and Shout! Factory. Both have licenses to brands that are owned by Hasbro. We all know that. So with IDW, I am wondering how this will affect them. Will they have to hand over their ReGeneration One stuff to Marvel if this is official? And will they be permitted to publish anything they worked on? And Shout!Factory - Will everything they collaborated on have to be submitted to Disney? Does this also mean that Disney will be able to obtain the animated movie? And if so, will they give us the original or edited feature?

And with Toei... Does this mean they will not make excuses and say "We will not give them this because they are a second- or third-party company" when it comes to not handing over Scramble City: Mobilization and Zone to Disney or even those that collaborate with Disney? Because they were stubborn with Sony way back when, and I heard that they were being equally stubborn (if not more so) with Shout!Factory. Because as big as Toei is, I still think they would have a "Oh sh!t!" moment if or when this happens. And that is something I would like to see as much as I would love to see all of the Transformers franchises be put onto a BD format.

But yeah... If it does happen, I hope they will give us as image of Starscream's ghost hanging out with the other ghosts at the Haunted Mansion. Or "G1" Megatron wearing Mickey Mouse ears, "G1" Starscream dressed like Captain Hook, or Arcee trying to fit in with the Disney Princesses. :lol:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Midnight_Fox » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Seibertron wrote:
Oncoming Storm wrote:I am so (Blanking) Sick of 'Disney'...
The 'Disney Company' IS Just PURE EVIL;
It is Satan's Own Personal Brand Name and is just another one of his 'Trademarks'!!!
--I swear that someone, somewhere just knows how to push my buttons about Evil,
Corporate Empires?!
(This is proof positive to me that the World as we now know it is going to end soon!!!)
As far as "Transformers Blasphemy" is concerned, Michael Bay was Nothing compared to this news...
It REALLY frosts my cornflakes! :twisted: :twisted: :evil:



What has Disney done that is so "evil"? Saying you don't like Disney or what they stand for is one thing, but saying they're "evil" is a whole other thing.


I think he's just anti-"corporation buys other companies", forgetting that Hasbro does the exact same thing. In fact, people said the same thing about Hasbro when they acquired Wizards of the Coast and said it about WotC when they bought TSR.

It's just a standard over-reaction when one company buys another that you like.
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1676
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:The only concern I have, however, are tied to both IDW and Shout! Factory. Both have licenses to brands that are owned by Hasbro. We all know that. So with IDW, I am wondering how this will affect them. Will they have to hand over their ReGeneration One stuff to Marvel if this is official? And will they be permitted to publish anything they worked on? And Shout!Factory - Will everything they collaborated on have to be submitted to Disney? Does this also mean that Disney will be able to obtain the animated movie? And if so, will they give us the original or edited feature?


I'm assuming that whatever deals and contracts Hasbro has in play such as with IDW, Shout! Factory, Paramount, Activision, the Hub, etc ... would all remain. When those contracts end, I'm sure they'd do whatever put (or keep) the most money in their pockets.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby morphobots » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Personally, if this is true, I'm not really concerned about the toys, maybe because I've decided the hobby is getting too expensive and I'm going to be picky about buying from now on. My concerns are regarding entertainment. How far can Disney stick its nose into the new movies? How much pressure can it put on Bay for what it wants to see? Even though Johnny Depp has raked in the cash for Disney, it still held him up on "Lone Ranger" until the budget was slashed by 20%. And what about the shows? Right now I can stream G1, BW, and Prime on Netflix for $8.00 a month. Netflix no longer has a license with Disney. In fact, I'm not sure Disney streams anywhere, so will I go back to forking out more money for DVDs, a format supposedly on its way out? I think this will lead to more penny-pinching to maxmize profits, and more cash getting squeezed out of us. And I think Seibertron.com would be gone in New York minute.
User avatar
morphobots
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Bubbah » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Wow, this is funny because when the announcement was made about Disney buying LucasFilms, I was talking to a friend of mine about this exact scenario! Hasbro already produces a lot of Disney owned lines (Star Wars, All of Marvel, etc) so this makes absolute perfect sense for Disney. Am I a little nervous about it, hell yes ... But this could also be a good thing. Like others have stated, Avengers was great and you didn't see an ounce of Disney anywhere in there, they let Marvel handle what was already working and just reaped some ownership benefits. The same could happen with all of Hasbro's lines. People have been clammoring for Hasbro to get their act together and either rest TFs a couple years or get the size/pricing under control .. Well that may be possible with this.

Plus people are forgetting the biggest possible benefit ... The end of TRU exclusives like MP's, since most of them would probably become Disney store Exclusives. Disney store actually does cater to more collectors than a regular retail outlet so we wouldn't be seeing the huge distribution isses we're seeing with MP OP or when Mp TC first hit.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 236
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
DISNEY EMPIRE
STRIKES AGAIN
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Midnight_Fox wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Oncoming Storm wrote:I am so (Blanking) Sick of 'Disney'...
The 'Disney Company' IS Just PURE EVIL;
It is Satan's Own Personal Brand Name and is just another one of his 'Trademarks'!!!
--I swear that someone, somewhere just knows how to push my buttons about Evil,
Corporate Empires?!
(This is proof positive to me that the World as we now know it is going to end soon!!!)
As far as "Transformers Blasphemy" is concerned, Michael Bay was Nothing compared to this news...
It REALLY frosts my cornflakes! :twisted: :twisted: :evil:



What has Disney done that is so "evil"? Saying you don't like Disney or what they stand for is one thing, but saying they're "evil" is a whole other thing.


I think he's just anti-"corporation buys other companies", forgetting that Hasbro does the exact same thing. In fact, people said the same thing about Hasbro when they acquired Wizards of the Coast and said it about WotC when they bought TSR.

It's just a standard over-reaction when one company buys another that you like.


Well said! :BOWDOWN:

The one thing I do not get is why people hate Disney so much. I mean, when they created both Disney XD and purchased Marvel, they said it was due to the fact that they were neglecting their male fanbase. The purchase of LucasArts was going to happen since Disney and George Lucas believed in each other's visions. And with all, including this (if it happens), they will not intervene unless it is necessary.

And besides that, as I said before, we may get Scramble City and Zone as well... As I do not see why Toei would want to be stubborn to Disney, like they have been with Sony and Shout!Factory. ;)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby DAU » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 pm

If this deal goes through... Then Transformers will be a thing of the past for me!
DAU
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Swindle01 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm

said it before and will say it again

Disney are like a cancer that wont stop

Thanks for ruining Star wars disney....Now thanks for ruining transformers as well
Swindle01
Combiner
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
morphobots wrote:And I think Seibertron.com would be gone in New York minute.


Why do you think that? Do you think the Star Wars fansites are in jeopardy? Aren't Marvel fansites still around 3+ years after that Disney's acquisition? I don't think Disney is in business to piss off fans of established sites.

I do think watching our Ps and Qs is really important at this stage of the game. I think this is the end for 3rd party stuff though. Disney's pockets are much deeper than Hasbro's.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby CommanderHazar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:13 pm

As far as Shout! Factory goes, this has the potential to be the biggest change as far as I can see. Disney is not known for contracting out to other companies the DVDs of its properties. It is also not known for releasing its TV shows on DVD, preferring to focus on its movie properties instead. There have been exceptions, of course, but on the whole it's rare for Disney owned series to be released. That could be problematic for future TF DVD releases. On the other hand, it could work in just he opposite way, and give TF:RiD its first DVD release in Region 1.

As for the toys, this may very well be the end of my collecting if it happens. If they leave Hasbro alone to do their thing, I don't see myself changing my habits of not buying the general release figures, and focusing only on more collector oriented lines. As far as TFs go, that means third-party and Masterpiece. If Disney starts shutting down the third-parties, that just leaves Masterpieces.

Only time will tell, and I'll make my decisions based on events as they happen, and not on the rumors.
CommanderHazar
Mini-Con
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: Disney Looking to Acquire Hasbro?

Postby XDMan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
All I hope is that the :BOT: s and :CON: s would rule Disney, kill every Nickelodeon character to take the Power Rangers back (Nick messed things up), kill Phineas and Ferb to take Marvel back, show little kids G1, Beast Wars and Car Robots/RID, make the G1 Transformers come in Toy Story (show some dynamic battle scenes (even if Megatron has to punch Woody, Jesse and Buzz in the face really hard) for some hardcore battles), halt the obssesion w/ the Bayformers there, make Ralph get kidnapped by Megs so OP could save the day and make the original voice actors arrive to take the roles of their characters. Plus, I hope they unharm the warlike feel.

Anyone, ANYONE on this website, please show us some photos of the thoughts I told you about with your toys, artwork, etc. PLEASE, do this for me and hopefully, these thoughts would possibly come true. ;)
Image

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014