Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Motto: "Little bit o' bg, not enough to do you any harm"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The Transformers facebook page has updated with a brand new toy reveal. We get our first look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell in both robot and alt modes.

Some bugs are bigger than others. Hardshell will be available as a Commander Scale figure in the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse line, available in March!


Image

Image
Image

People need to quit being butt hurt that the Bay movies are not G1. That's like saying you hate Transformers Prime because it's nothing like Armada.
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3291
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
not to bad reminds me of energon insecticon, but commanders are overpriced so its a pass.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1470

Image
Looking for better version of this picture, if you know where to find one please PM me.
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4568
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Shame it's not the same scale as FoC Kickback. Maybe (hopefully) there will be a Deluxe version.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4402
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
The deluxe version will definitely be my classics insecticon.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby DeceptiCobra » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 pm

He needs to be a Voyager.
DeceptiCobra
Micromaster
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby njb902 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

DeceptiCobra wrote:He needs to be a Voyager.


Yeah the prime insecticons are kinda beefy.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
In order to be in scale, Insecticons would need a toy bigger than a Voyager. The average Insecticon is much bigger than Optimus. The next best thing would be a Voyager.

The Commander Hardshell looks great, though. Now, gimmie the pics of Trailcutter.

MINDVVIPE wrote:The deluxe version will definitely be my classics insecticon.


What Deluxe? He doesn't have a Deluxe.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I meant that comment in the assumption of one being made. Sorry if I raised your hopes slightly.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Hypershock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
huh, not bad, but his head and neck look emaciated :/
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
NOW GIVE ME A VOYAGER DAMN IT
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3728
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby RAcast » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Lookin' good! I dig how his fingers become leg spikes.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
No tatoos = generic Insecticon, not Hardshell. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14791
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby chaosmage42 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
might be worth getting as a troop builder -a lot of the insecticons were smaller than the 3 named ones -i presume they were little more than drone level in the brains department -a deluxe size would be nice but these would also be useful for the smaller dumb ones -also ive been doing a lot of con troop building with vechicons so some bugs would be a nice change of pace
chaosmage42
Minibot
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 pm
Watch chaosmage42 on YouTube
Buy from chaosmage42 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: Infinity

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Motto: "I have the body of a god! That god just HAPPENS to be Buddha!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Some bugs are bigger than others. Hardshell will be available as a Commander Scale figure in the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse line, available in March!

Commander scale figure? :shock: Does that mean like Predaking big, or does it mean Cybervers Commander big?
Burn wrote:
Wigglez wrote:It is a dude. And that's the picture I said to screw.


I'm just going to quote this and leave it here for everyone else to take out of context. :WHISTLE:


Check out my customs:
Classics Prowl
Classics Soundwave
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern MI
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
chaosmage42 wrote:might be worth getting as a troop builder -a lot of the insecticons were smaller than the 3 named ones -i presume they were little more than drone level in the brains department -a deluxe size would be nice but these would also be useful for the smaller dumb ones -also ive been doing a lot of con troop building with vechicons so some bugs would be a nice change of pace
All of the Insecticons are equally giant sized and of the same level of sentience.

Image

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Some bugs are bigger than others. Hardshell will be available as a Commander Scale figure in the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse line, available in March!

Commander scale figure? :shock: Does that mean like Predaking big, or does it mean Cybervers Commander big?
The only size class with the name "Commander" is the "Cyberverse Commander" class. This is obviously a Cyberverse toy seeing how simplistic it is. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14791
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby DinobotSix » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
chaosmage42 wrote:might be worth getting as a troop builder -a lot of the insecticons were smaller than the 3 named ones -i presume they were little more than drone level in the brains department -a deluxe size would be nice but these would also be useful for the smaller dumb ones -also ive been doing a lot of con troop building with vechicons so some bugs would be a nice change of pace
All of the Insecticons are equally giant sized and of the same level of sentience.


By his comment about the THREE named ones, I think chaosmage may be referring to the G1 trio, since outside of "Hardshell" I don't believe there were any other named insecticons in the Prime series, were there?

As I recall though even in the G1 anime all of them were roughly the same size... *shrug*

Either way it's a nice little design. I like it.
Hope they do put the facial scars on a deluxe or voyager though, if one is made.
User avatar
DinobotSix
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Maybe he's referring to the IDW insecticons... Those were the best insecticons, as a "plague", and seemed to come in varying sizes and forms... We need some of those insecticons, they were the most awesome imo. I take figures from all continuities and merge them into whatever suits my needs, so that might be what others are doing.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
DinobotSix wrote:By his comment about the THREE named ones, I think chaosmage may be referring to the G1 trio, since outside of "Hardshell" I don't believe there were any other named insecticons in the Prime series, were there?
In the cartoon, no. but in the FOC game, Hardshell was among Sharpshot and Kickback as the only named ones, but by the time of the Prime cartoon, Hardshell looks like everyone else instead of having his own unique body and size. ;)

DinobotSix wrote:As I recall though even in the G1 anime
The 1984-1987 G1 cartoon wasn't an anime.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14791
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I want a voyager Hardshell almost as much as I want a voyager Shockwave. It looks like we may be getting a Shockwave so maybe there's still hope for this...
User avatar
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Cool. Bring on a deluxe and/or voyager!
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8656
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby That Bot » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:No tatoos = generic Insecticon, not Hardshell. :-B

Hmm. My research shows that the last time a toy called just Insecticon got released was 2010, so maybe they lost the name? Or the tattoos were outside the paint budget. Either way, I'm buying the hell out of it to make my insecticon army.
Image
That Bot
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 997
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby RAcast » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
DinobotSix wrote:By his comment about the THREE named ones, I think chaosmage may be referring to the G1 trio, since outside of "Hardshell" I don't believe there were any other named insecticons in the Prime series, were there?
In the cartoon, no. but in the FOC game, Hardshell was among Sharpshot and Kickback as the only named ones, but by the time of the Prime cartoon, Hardshell looks like everyone else instead of having his own unique body and size. ;)

DinobotSix wrote:As I recall though even in the G1 anime
The 1984-1987 G1 cartoon wasn't an anime.

In all fairness, it's more that everybody else looks like Hardshell than the other way around.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
RAcast wrote:In all fairness, it's more that everybody else looks like Hardshell than the other way around.


How do you figure that?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby RAcast » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
PrymeStriker wrote:
RAcast wrote:In all fairness, it's more that everybody else looks like Hardshell than the other way around.


How do you figure that?

Logically, the minions' design would be based on the leader?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: First Look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Hardshell

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
so are we getting a Voyager version ? would be nice =]
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image]
User avatar
mooncake623
Godmaster
Posts: 1681
News Credits: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014