This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm

All I want is the bird.

Bird, bird, bird...bird is the word!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Great detailed pics. Love the speakers in the arm. And the articulation with the shoulder.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
YoungPrime wrote:All I want is the bird.

Bird, bird, bird...bird is the word!

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So you have to cut out the two illustrations on the user manual and sandwich it between SW's chest and the transparent grid plate for the schematics gimmick?

I'd rather scan the two illustrations and print them out...or make some original ones.

I hate that, like MP-10, there's a space/gap between his fingers and the bottom of the gun, caused by the blocky forearm:

It could have been remedied by redesigning the gun so that the trigger parts could be lowered a little when deployed, like the GU-11 gunpods for Yamato's 1/60 VF-1 toys:

Overall, though, this is a kickass toy; can't wait for it to arrive at my hobby store.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby feeiq90 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Motto: "pew peww peeww~~"
Weapon: Destabilizer Electromagnetizer Gun
im guessing his thigh uses the joint like hasbro iron man figure..if u rotate the upper part,u can get a good range of motion for his leg...any confirmation on this?
feeiq90
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
feeiq90 wrote:im guessing his thigh uses the joint like hasbro iron man figure..if u rotate the upper part,u can get a good range of motion for his leg...any confirmation on this?

I was getting the same impression. Not sure how it works with his buttons/cod-piece though.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby wewyllenium » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 pm

It's not a perfect box as I thought it would be.
It's not made in Vietnam.

Anyways. I'm still waiting for mine. I want to play with it. :D
wewyllenium
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Watch wewyllenium on YouTube
Buy from wewyllenium on eBay

Postby User897 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

I gotta say that Soundwave looks great overall. Too bad he's TOO GODDAMN EXPENSIVE and even though it's Soundwave, just not worth the expense that is expected to import it. Hasblo would be fools not to release this in the States, which means they won't. I'm so tired of being priced out of these damn things!
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby morphobots » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So you have to cut out the two illustrations on the user manual and sandwich it between SW's chest and the transparent grid plate for the schematics gimmick?

And that is probably my only gripe with this release. Although I agree it will be simple just to scan the manual or print out your own, you would think for the price of this thing Takara could have printed two little inserts.

And I believe it has the MP-10 hand issue because it uses the same hands. That was posted under the video review.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
morphobots wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So you have to cut out the two illustrations on the user manual and sandwich it between SW's chest and the transparent grid plate for the schematics gimmick?

And that is probably my only gripe with this release. Although I agree it will be simple just to scan the manual or print out your own, you would think for the price of this thing Takara could have printed two little inserts.

And I believe it has the MP-10 hand issue because it uses the same hands. That was posted under the video review.

Yeah, at the price this is going for, a couple of translucent inserts are well within reason.

As for the hands, there's no getting around it unless Takara went back to using the old designs with articulated thumbs. But as I mentioned earlier, allowing the trigger mechanism to lower down to the fingers when deployed will solve the issue. It shouldn't be that much of a problem as Soundwave's gun has a similar conversion as the GU-11 gun pods for the Yamato 1/60 VF-1's.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby President-prime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 am

Not very impressed with this soundwave. I think it's too simplistic in robot form. Its just a bigger version of the originaln or reissue soundwave. Not enough "ahhhh"'to render 200 bucks for it. Laser dam is nice. But looking at te pictures, the original tapes look awesome. New masterpiece tapes too expensive to replace old ones. Ill keep my old ones. Ill wait for Hasbro's on all these masterpieces
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby Mykltron » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Does that gun arm thing exist in fiction? I don't remember it.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Sinnertwin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Mykltron wrote:Does that gun arm thing exist in fiction? I don't remember it.

It did for all of 1/2 a second in the G1 cartoon. I'm struggling to remember the episode myself. Anybody?
Sinnertwin
Combiner

Postby AutoBorst » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am

President-prime wrote:Not very impressed with this soundwave. I think it's too simplistic in robot form. Its just a bigger version of the originaln or reissue soundwave. Not enough "ahhhh"'to render 200 bucks for it. Laser dam is nice. But looking at te pictures, the original tapes look awesome. New masterpiece tapes too expensive to replace old ones. Ill keep my old ones. Ill wait for Hasbro's on all these masterpieces

Not sure what else you would expect from this toy. Of course it's a larger version of the original, that's what all the other MP's have been before him. The transformation is slightly more involved but not too complicated that you risk breaking parts off.

I think the combination of having him store 3 cassettes, weapon storage, generous articulation, Megatron's alt-mode and a clip-on weapon, an energon cube AND Laserbeak is more than enough "Ahhh" to make me more than happy.

I think you're expectations are too high, just like the price tag. And speaking of, what price is this figure going for in Japan? Probably the same as the otherMP releases - around $100-$130.00. The $200.00 price tag everyone is complaining about is part import price and part retailer mark-up. Anytime you import an item from overseas you're going to pay higher prices. They charge that kind of price because fanatical collectors will pay it. :HEADHURTS:
AutoBorst
Minibot

Postby morphobots » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 am

Sinnertwin wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Does that gun arm thing exist in fiction? I don't remember it.

It did for all of 1/2 a second in the G1 cartoon. I'm struggling to remember the episode myself. Anybody?

For the fifth time since we first saw pics many moons ago, the epsiode was "Fire on the Mountain." It's a scanner Soundwave used to find the geothermal vent under the pyramid.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby President-prime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 am

I dont agree with you on that all masterpices are Bigger versions of their g1 counterpart, except for sideswipe and red alert so far. the earlier optimus modes, megatron, and the seeker jets have clearly been modifies in their transformations and look that they Are g1 figures but different enough where they look "aahhhhh". Look at Optimus' transformations. You don't just flip the hands in and pull the legs back. It is folded in and are extremely complicated in their alternate mold. Same for keystrokes and Magnus and seekers. I did expect a little modification on Soundwave. Not complaining, any masterpiece is appreciated. Price wise, I think it's ok, just not for a simplistic transformers that are bigger versions of the same toy. That's why I didn't get sideswipe nor red alert. They look to similar to their g- toy. No major upgrades
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby User897 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 am

President-prime wrote:They look too similar to their g-1 toy. No major upgrades

Um....

And the "Dude, get your eyeglasses prescription checked!" award goes to....
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby jindrak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 am

Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
MP Soundwave is being listed as "In Stock" On BBTS. So close now fellows, so CLOSE!
Grimlock know how to bash brains. Maybe bash yours.
jindrak
Minibot
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby President-prime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 pm

@user897. Wtf was that comment about, glasses? I'm offended. I comment, you comment, we comment. Don't attack me if you don't like what I say. Don't like it, log off!
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
President-prime wrote:@user897. Wtf was that comment about, glasses? I'm offended. I comment, you comment, we comment. Don't attack me if you don't like what I say. Don't like it, log off!

Unless we're at a misunderstanding here, he has a point. You won't buy Sideswipe or Red Alert because they're too close to their G1 toys? Well, that's kind of what they're supposed to do. Take a G1 character and give them advanced articulation for better poses than the likes of Classics or the G1 figures themselves.

He wasn't attacking you either. It's sarcasm, as in meant to be taken as a joke.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby AutobotTrainer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Motto: "Rule number two: Double Tap."
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Okay. This is the last straw. I will be posting items from my collection in the sales forum in order to begin my Masterpiece obsession.

Maybe even my coveted Animated Arcee TRU exclusive, MOC...

*sigh*
No thing that is created by humans is infallable.

Help! I need:
The chin piece for Animated Shockwave/Longarm (grey)
One pistol for TF:ROTF Brawn
AutobotTrainer
Minibot

Postby Rhinox23 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

jindrak wrote:MP Soundwave is being listed as "In Stock" On BBTS. So close now fellows, so CLOSE!

Holy crap! You're right! I preordered mine from TFSource though, but I hope this means they'll be shipping him VERY soon! Has anybody got an in stock or shipment notice from either yet?
Rhinox23
Fuzor
Buy from Rhinox23 on eBay

Postby morphobots » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Rhinox23 wrote:
jindrak wrote:MP Soundwave is being listed as "In Stock" On BBTS. So close now fellows, so CLOSE!

Holy crap! You're right! I preordered mine from TFSource though, but I hope this means they'll be shipping him VERY soon! Has anybody got an in stock or shipment notice from either yet?

Received notice from BBTS this morning, saw it 3 minutes ago, and shipped my PoL two mintues ago. But I think my fingers cramped from typing my password at lightspeed.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby Bubbah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
morphobots wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:

Received notice from BBTS this morning, saw it 3 minutes ago, and shipped my PoL two mintues ago. But I think my fingers cramped from typing my password at lightspeed.

Same here, just got my email a lil bit ago that BBTS is processing my order because Soundwave has arrived! :KREMZEEK:
Bubbah
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Wow soundwave has arrived two days early for BBTS. Hopefully TF Source gets theirs today or tomorrow so I can get mine. I pre ordered Soundwave back in August 21st. So I've been waiting a long time!! Also glad that I locked Soundwave in at the $169.95 price tag!!
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHASE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Rescue Bots Hasbro 2024 New"
CHASE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON