This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Target Exclusive Cyberverse Legion Terrorcons

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Target Exclusive Cyberverse Legion Terrorcons

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
STngAR wrote:Just doesnt make sense how a cyberverse combiner can "LOOK" better than a deluxe combiner. :MAXIMAL:

I attribute it to the fact that the FOC combiner was designed after the game. I know there are exceptions to this rule, but generally I feel that anytime HasTak has to create figures from vehicles other than their own design, they end up sub-par. It happened with the Star Wars Crossovers most notably, as well as the first Movie Optimus.

While the toy designers had to take existing character models and translate them to figures with the Combaticons, these Terrorcons are specifically designed to be toys, not CGI renders.
(Unless they are in the show, here's hoping)
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Target Exclusive Cyberverse Legion Terrorcons

Postby roBROmanceFTW » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Weapon: Sword of Fury
Cybershark wrote:You know...

TL;DR. >:oP

In all seriousness, I'm not throwing my money left and right at voyager-sized toys that cost around $100 or more a piece. Yes, once in a while something might catch my eyes, but I can't justify wasting that much cash on a TOY. :roll: Well, that is, unless it's some super awesome epic assploding buttkicking mindwarping Optimus Prime that Hasbro/Takara has never done before!?!?!?!?! 8-} 8-} 8-} Hmmm...then again, maybe not. >:oP

Cool looking combiner though!
roBROmanceFTW
Fuzor
Buy from roBROmanceFTW on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby craggy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd like proper hands and feet, or more pronounced animal claws and hooves even. Main thing missing for me though is Hun-Grrrrrrr's massive awesome gun. (actually, all their guns were pretty cool. G1 Sinnertwin's handgun is one of the sexiest little bits of plastic ever)
Gonna be small, inexpensive and pretty cool though, from the looks of them. They even improved Blot's name. Cutthroat and Sinnertwin were great names, but I can see why they're not using them, if they even can. I like the beast modes and the individual robots. Hun-Gurr is the least impressive, in a reversal of the G1 team's designs (G1 Hun-Grr is one of my favourite G1 toys actually with his aforementioned awesome gun and a big f off shield and loads of articulation for the time)but they all look pretty worth the money.

I hope we get more details on this "new character deco" so I know in advance if I have to arrange for someone in the US to pick these exclusives up for me, or whether the main line retail versions will be the ones I want. Probably it'll be a mix of both. :P
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
About Hun-Gurr deviating from the G1 norm, he'd look too much like Twinstrike. He does have a G1 look-a-like, G1 Monsterbot Doublecross, without the wings:

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
finally something good comes from the prime franchise, the gestalt looks like crap but the individual figures are kick ass. As long as its not overpriced this is a must buy.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Now if they make this with deluxes as well, I will be very very happy.

For now, though, I will try and buy 2 more Divebombs and 1 more Cruellock and complete my Energon Abominus.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
It's cool that they combine. The separate Terrorcon modes are fantastic though. I think I'm getting this. Abominus doesn't get enough love. I'm happy to see these guys.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby partholon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm

oh hell yeah !

i dont buy the toys in general anymore as im more of a comics guys now but i was intending to get twinstrike (sinnertwin) as i liked the look of em but now that i know theres to be a combiner homage to abominus ?

im in for the lot.

this'll be the first stuff ive bought since revenge of the fallen.

ok we'd all rather they were deluxes ala the fall of cybertron combaticons but even so this'll still look cool on my desk.

:D
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I might actually buy this. Sucks that its leigons though. Would ne a nice homage to have even if it is TF Prime.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

YRRRRAAAAHHHHHH!

Every time I think I'm done, they put out a batch of awesome like this. :sad:

I have to stay of TF sites, that's all. I need to go cold turkey.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Blurrz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Lol Cyberverse zzz
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
This thing is bad-ass IMO. I'm definitely getting two, one for me one for my boy.

His will slot very nicely into his Cyberverse Prime collection, and mine will go straight on the shelf next to PCC Grimstone. :michaelbay:
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Handels-Messerschmitt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I was moderately optimistic about some more terrorcons or at least decent beast legions figures but this kind of blows my expectations completely out of the water. The combined mode does look dorky and it's up in the air whether it'll be remotely stable but that legions class terrorcons are even happening at all is ridic enough for me. Beast Hunters is totally justified now as far as I am concerned.
Handels-Messerschmitt
Fuzor

Postby Cybershark » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Cybershark wrote:You know I really want to be Happy about this, I really do. But its once again a total Hasbro FAIL to Not deliver what the fans want
Yes, because Hasbro is totally obligated to give the fans exactly what they want each and every time. How dare they not cater strictly to the demands of the collectors instead of their primary demographic of children. >:oP

Cybershark wrote:But yet they still put their time into "legion" size garbage?
Opinion, not fact.

Cybershark wrote:And even the transformation is spindly(hands Im talking about you? lol) and the size/scale is off?
There's a proper scale guide to be followed for imaginary/mythological monsters?

Cybershark wrote:Plus no hands again or feet, just stuff that barely resembles them?
Totally saw this nitpick coming. :roll:

Cybershark wrote:I dunno about any of you on this board. Im sure a lot of you are new enough or just love ANYTHING Hasbro puts out,Ive seen it Ive argued it.
Way to generalize the forum, man.

Cybershark wrote:But they are failing tremendously in the USA with the sparce product and poor quality of toys we do get!! Especially since Hasbro up and stopped putting out product after the DOTM first line( and didnt go through with the rest of the DOTM line and abandoned it
I don't know about your stores, but all mine saw each and every wave of DOTM that was released and STILL haven't gotten rid of them all yet.

Only things that didn't get released by Hasbro in the West were the final four DOTM figures (three Deluxes and a Human Alliance set), which, compared to the sheer amount that did come out and still lingers to this day, is not that large a quantity by comparison.

Cybershark wrote:Fans, Collectors only have so much money to spend on Transformers OR 3rd party Transformers, and when those 3rd parties cost a small mint to buy and are easily 10 times Better then Hasbro's? Dont you think Hasbro would understand that they are going to LOSE a massive chunk of change in the market this year as well as future years if they do not step it up??
Not when the older collectors consist of less than 10% of those who buy Hasbro's product. Take us away and Hasbro still survives. :P

Cybershark wrote:For the first time in 20 years I didnt buy ALL the Transformers!! And I HAD every store bought main line Transformer made from 1984 til 2011. Including Japanese and Euro release!!
Oh, boo hoo! You think everyone else is as rich as you to be able to do that? Really? Some of us can only dream of getting a completed store bought main line, or even half of one. Others would GLADLY be in your position. You were able to buy every single available toy, and even ones from foreign markets, and you expect those of us less fortunate to feel SORRY for you?

Cybershark wrote:Screw it, Im not buying crappy toys anymore. You want to make good stuff Im all on board but there are A LOT of people that feel just like I do right now as well.
Whoopie, more good for us, then.

Cybershark wrote:Just a small Rant since nobody else ever seems to want to be negative about their "precious" Transformers toys,
Prime Deluxe Airachnid. Your argument is invalid. :P

Cybershark wrote:but Hasbro better WAKE UP!! Because a lot of us "old" collectors (Ive been collecting them since the 80's) are fed up and are spending our money on 3rd party Gold this year rather then waiting months and months for some lame overpriced beast Hunters deluxes or legion sized figures!!
Meanwhile, the rest of us middle-class citizens cry ourselves to sleep every night for not being able to afford truckloads of 3rd Party products. 8-|

YOU are precisely the Prime example of "forum nazi" or just a forum Punk? that kisses Hasbro's ass because you feel special that ANY transformer product is out at all (Prime Airachnia aside, pffftt). You are the same type of person that you were so upset about me speaking of, when you thought I generalized "everyone" on here. It's even funnier that You spouted off first!! So while you have to "go through every inch of my "rant" and TRY to make me look wrong about everything while you make yourself look cool or smart to your "forum buddies". I assure you kid, while your playing in your mommy's basement with your "legion" or "cyberverse" toys that you crave so rabidly I CAN at least have a decent life outside of this realm you live behind your keyboard tough guy persona!! You are neither "cool" nor are you "smart". If you take everything I said to be exactly as written you miss the entire point!!

I'm sorry but Hasbro's line stateside has not being doing so well the last few years. I could go through EVERY "bullet" point you TRIED to cover but I'm not going to play "games" with children on a Transformers forum!! Just like you pointed out that I used "opinion" in my rant I too point out to you that several of your "retorts" were nothing but "opinions" as well!! I also used honesty and facts too. Who cares really? So instead of ADDING to the discussion or trying to advance it along you would rather argue over EVERYTHING 1 guy says because you were just so "offended" by it?? Do you work for Hasbro or something? If not then get OVER yourself!!

And btw I'm not a "rich' guy, like You ASSUMED, I live comfortably and I can chose to buy what I want. You seemed to lump me in a certain "class" after I said what I did about my collecting habits. The ONLY reason I went on to discuss my collecting is because I knew that a "forum nazi" such as your self would be the first to try to debase me or ask me if I even knew anything about Transformers before I spoke so badly of them,etc. There's Always at least 1 of you that has to spout off every time somebody doesn't just "LOVE" the latest toys or isn't happy with how things have been being run at Hasbro. I mean by all means keep paying more and getting Less quality product from Hasbro!!(God forbid anybody speak up and express real concern with a line they love and care about, because if they do the "forum nazis" will come out and try to be assholes instead of listening to what is actually being said) Keep watching them come out with SUPPOSED "Asia exclusives"(With quadruple bloated prices before even being imported)only to be released 6 months or maybe a year later to TRU or BBTS or mass retail after everybody has already paid double, triple because they didnt think they would ever be released stateside!!(First Edition Prime figures, the GDO figures, the new leader sized repainted Movie Brawl being houcked off for nearly $200 by BBTS, Im just giving you a FEW examples of recent practices that Hasbro is going to continue doing if we dont speak up, and Yes, those are aimed squarely at the hard core collectors ONLY!!).

So Sure kid, its all OUR fault for buying them because Hasbro didn't make us buy them for more did they? NO, they didnt I figured I better answer that question since you weren't "bright" enough to figure out that I already know the answers to some of my questions. The POINT is that Those are not "good" practices to keep doing to your fan/customer base!! They will keep pumping it out with only as you say "children" in mind. See that's another part where you have Your numbers very wrong. Transformers is unique as is Star Wars in how many Collectors it has compared to other lines that actually can dictate what they make,and how much they sell,etc. It is not like "Ben 10" and other almost exclusively "children" oriented toy lines. It is NOT a 90% childrens based line!! In fact several years ago they thought that sales on their line to the collector base were as high as 60%!! Now I dont know how accurate that assumption was or not. I dont care, I just know its a helluva lot higher then your average toy brand on the shelf. SO if I get 3rd party or I get Hasbro it doesn't matter as far as you and I go, my point was that the more I spend on 3rd party toys, it usually will equate to LESS being spent on Hasbro product. Just like if younger collectors that only have so much money to spend either because they are in HS or College, etc. chose to put that money towards a MMC combiner bot, well that very well could take up their entire years worth of toy budget!! that IS A BIG DEAL TO HASBRO!!! ITS HUGE!! Didnt you hear about how HASBRO WANTED TO BAN PEOPLE AT THE CON LAST YEAR IF THEY CARRIED 3RD PARTY TOYS, ETC? Sure it didnt work out that way but you know they wanted it to. And NO it doesn't mean simply it's "more hasbro toys for you"(Your wrong again, know it all). It means just another sale Hasbro missed out on. And even if You say I'm part of only 10% of a collectors base(you are wrong mind you)that percentage is NOT buying product PERIOD!! That IS the point!! Did you GET IT yet? Or do I need to get out some crayons and draw this thing out for you?? :lol: Try not acting like a "know it all" and you might not look like such a punk!!
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby TK415 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Hasbro wants to move product, and a $50 gift pack (all Cyberverse) will likely be bought by both collector and kid/parent, whereas a $100 gift pack (all Deluxes) will primarily be bought by collectors.

An easy way to move the most product and to make collectors happy would be for Hasbro to sell the Cyberverse gift pack (with a Cyberverse Hun-grr) and then to sell a Deluxe Hun-grr that could combined with the Cyberverse limb toys. Sort of like an official/optional upgrade. Hasbro makes the same figure in different sizes anyway, so it wouldn’t be that much more effort for them. Easy solution that makes everybody happy.
TK415
Vehicon

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Cybershark wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cybershark wrote:You know I really want to be Happy about this, I really do. But its once again a total Hasbro FAIL to Not deliver what the fans want
Yes, because Hasbro is totally obligated to give the fans exactly what they want each and every time. How dare they not cater strictly to the demands of the collectors instead of their primary demographic of children. >:oP

Cybershark wrote:But yet they still put their time into "legion" size garbage?
Opinion, not fact.

Cybershark wrote:And even the transformation is spindly(hands Im talking about you? lol) and the size/scale is off?
There's a proper scale guide to be followed for imaginary/mythological monsters?

Cybershark wrote:Plus no hands again or feet, just stuff that barely resembles them?
Totally saw this nitpick coming. :roll:

Cybershark wrote:I dunno about any of you on this board. Im sure a lot of you are new enough or just love ANYTHING Hasbro puts out,Ive seen it Ive argued it.
Way to generalize the forum, man.

Cybershark wrote:But they are failing tremendously in the USA with the sparce product and poor quality of toys we do get!! Especially since Hasbro up and stopped putting out product after the DOTM first line( and didnt go through with the rest of the DOTM line and abandoned it
I don't know about your stores, but all mine saw each and every wave of DOTM that was released and STILL haven't gotten rid of them all yet.

Only things that didn't get released by Hasbro in the West were the final four DOTM figures (three Deluxes and a Human Alliance set), which, compared to the sheer amount that did come out and still lingers to this day, is not that large a quantity by comparison.

Cybershark wrote:Fans, Collectors only have so much money to spend on Transformers OR 3rd party Transformers, and when those 3rd parties cost a small mint to buy and are easily 10 times Better then Hasbro's? Dont you think Hasbro would understand that they are going to LOSE a massive chunk of change in the market this year as well as future years if they do not step it up??
Not when the older collectors consist of less than 10% of those who buy Hasbro's product. Take us away and Hasbro still survives. :P

Cybershark wrote:For the first time in 20 years I didnt buy ALL the Transformers!! And I HAD every store bought main line Transformer made from 1984 til 2011. Including Japanese and Euro release!!
Oh, boo hoo! You think everyone else is as rich as you to be able to do that? Really? Some of us can only dream of getting a completed store bought main line, or even half of one. Others would GLADLY be in your position. You were able to buy every single available toy, and even ones from foreign markets, and you expect those of us less fortunate to feel SORRY for you?

Cybershark wrote:Screw it, Im not buying crappy toys anymore. You want to make good stuff Im all on board but there are A LOT of people that feel just like I do right now as well.
Whoopie, more good for us, then.

Cybershark wrote:Just a small Rant since nobody else ever seems to want to be negative about their "precious" Transformers toys,
Prime Deluxe Airachnid. Your argument is invalid. :P

Cybershark wrote:but Hasbro better WAKE UP!! Because a lot of us "old" collectors (Ive been collecting them since the 80's) are fed up and are spending our money on 3rd party Gold this year rather then waiting months and months for some lame overpriced beast Hunters deluxes or legion sized figures!!
Meanwhile, the rest of us middle-class citizens cry ourselves to sleep every night for not being able to afford truckloads of 3rd Party products. 8-|

YOU are precisely the Prime example of "forum nazi" or just a forum Punk? that kisses Hasbro's ass because you feel special that ANY transformer product is out at all (Prime Airachnia aside, pffftt). You are the same type of person that you were so upset about me speaking of, when you thought I generalized "everyone" on here. It's even funnier that You spouted off first!! So while you have to "go through every inch of my "rant" and TRY to make me look wrong about everything while you make yourself look cool or smart to your "forum buddies". I assure you kid, while your playing in your mommy's basement with your "legion" or "cyberverse" toys that you crave so rabidly I CAN at least have a decent life outside of this realm you live behind your keyboard tough guy persona!! You are neither "cool" nor are you "smart". If you take everything I said to be exactly as written you miss the entire point!!

I'm sorry but Hasbro's line stateside has not being doing so well the last few years. I could go through EVERY "bullet" point you TRIED to cover but I'm not going to play "games" with children on a Transformers forum!! Just like you pointed out that I used "opinion" in my rant I too point out to you that several of your "retorts" were nothing but "opinions" as well!! I also used honesty and facts too. Who cares really? So instead of ADDING to the discussion or trying to advance it along you would rather argue over EVERYTHING 1 guy says because you were just so "offended" by it?? Do you work for Hasbro or something? If not then get OVER yourself!!

And btw I'm not a "rich' guy, like You ASSUMED, I live comfortably and I can chose to buy what I want. You seemed to lump me in a certain "class" after I said what I did about my collecting habits. The ONLY reason I went on to discuss my collecting is because I knew that a "forum nazi" such as your self would be the first to try to debase me or ask me if I even knew anything about Transformers before I spoke so badly of them,etc. There's Always at least 1 of you that has to spout off every time somebody doesn't just "LOVE" the latest toys or isn't happy with how things have been being run at Hasbro. I mean by all means keep paying more and getting Less quality product from Hasbro!!(God forbid anybody speak up and express real concern with a line they love and care about, because if they do the "forum nazis" will come out and try to be assholes instead of listening to what is actually being said) Keep watching them come out with SUPPOSED "Asia exclusives"(With quadruple bloated prices before even being imported)only to be released 6 months or maybe a year later to TRU or BBTS or mass retail after everybody has already paid double, triple because they didnt think they would ever be released stateside!!(First Edition Prime figures, the GDO figures, the new leader sized repainted Movie Brawl being houcked off for nearly $200 by BBTS, Im just giving you a FEW examples of recent practices that Hasbro is going to continue doing if we dont speak up, and Yes, those are aimed squarely at the hard core collectors ONLY!!).

So Sure kid, its all OUR fault for buying them because Hasbro didn't make us buy them for more did they? NO, they didnt I figured I better answer that question since you weren't "bright" enough to figure out that I already know the answers to some of my questions. The POINT is that Those are not "good" practices to keep doing to your fan/customer base!! They will keep pumping it out with only as you say "children" in mind. See that's another part where you have Your numbers very wrong. Transformers is unique as is Star Wars in how many Collectors it has compared to other lines that actually can dictate what they make,and how much they sell,etc. It is not like "Ben 10" and other almost exclusively "children" oriented toy lines. It is NOT a 90% childrens based line!! In fact several years ago they thought that sales on their line to the collector base were as high as 60%!! Now I dont know how accurate that assumption was or not. I dont care, I just know its a helluva lot higher then your average toy brand on the shelf. SO if I get 3rd party or I get Hasbro it doesn't matter as far as you and I go, my point was that the more I spend on 3rd party toys, it usually will equate to LESS being spent on Hasbro product. Just like if younger collectors that only have so much money to spend either because they are in HS or College, etc. chose to put that money towards a MMC combiner bot, well that very well could take up their entire years worth of toy budget!! that IS A BIG DEAL TO HASBRO!!! ITS HUGE!! Didnt you hear about how HASBRO WANTED TO BAN PEOPLE AT THE CON LAST YEAR IF THEY CARRIED 3RD PARTY TOYS, ETC? Sure it didnt work out that way but you know they wanted it to. And NO it doesn't mean simply it's "more hasbro toys for you"(Your wrong again, know it all). It means just another sale Hasbro missed out on. And even if You say I'm part of only 10% of a collectors base(you are wrong mind you)that percentage is NOT buying product PERIOD!! That IS the point!! Did you GET IT yet? Or do I need to get out some crayons and draw this thing out for you?? :lol: Try not acting like a "know it all" and you might not look like such a punk!!

:shock:

...Someone loves their quotation marks. :lol:

Seriously, grow up. These are toys. You are getting angry over toys.

You know, for kids!
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Speed: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Wow, and I thought at most we'd get Sinnertwin and Hun-Grrr repainted out of the same mold. My expectations have been obliterated.

RotF Devastator finally gets a buddy! Hopefully the next Cyberverse Combiner won't take another 4 years.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby datguy86 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
This is fantastic! I love the Cyberverse stuff. I just hope distribution is good enough I can get my hands on one of these packs.

As for the long rant posted earlier, one of the reasons for Hasbro's perceived suckiness versus 3rd Party perceived awesomeness is twofold: 3rd Party wares are not restricted by the United States' highly malformed toy laws and they are not typically restricted by Hasbro's budgetary concerns. Hasbro has to put together a line of toys within a certain amount of money using people who typically work a 40 hour week. Most 3rd Party designers are small companies who might have a budget, but it's not set in stone and probably ignored. How many 3rd Party developers are side businesses? I'm willing to bet more than 60%.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

...then Monstrous, the second GoBot gestalt after Puzzler! That's be a great homage to repaint this guy into, what with Cutthroat's dragon-ish wings coming off the one arm! Never stop working GoBot homages into new TF stuff until Fistina's earning enough from royalties that she can ditch that Bellwood Undertown prostitution ring and resume her rightful place as Crasher, the muscle of the Renegades! (Watch Ben 10: Omniverse, it's true)

And THEN, they could be repainted into Voltron colors to homage that Dragon gestalt that never got released as a toy...

http://toyarchive.com/Voltron/Trendmast ... Shot1.html
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
These are all invited to the pants party.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby datguy86 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Down_Shift wrote:These are all invited to the pants party.

I once heard that was some party.

Once.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4

Postby Handels-Messerschmitt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Blight is really funny to me because it's a chunky robot that turns into a chunky robot with a larger mouth. Is this the transformer equivalent to being typecast?
Handels-Messerschmitt
Fuzor

Postby Cybershark » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Axalon_Prime wrote:
Cybershark wrote:You know I really want to be Happy about this, I really do. But its once again a total Hasbro FAIL to Not deliver what the fans want (Full sized, scale combiners done right like TFC and FP,and MMC are currently doing and I dont want no BS stories of how expensive it would be or theres not enough demand,because that would be WRONG). We see 3rd party companies now totally BLOWING out Has/Tak in all figures now especially this 3rd party Combiner war that has begun brewing. Hasbro COULD make things like the 3rd parties do. Hasbro Could make money as well and offer them at lower prices because of their distribution base,etc. Just look at the Master piece line(that line is basically what I am talking about but they are slow and screw the USA customers by making them Asian only until TRU gets to pick 1 up every year or two). But yet they still put their time into "legion" size garbage? And even the transformation is spindly(hands Im talking about you? lol) and the size/scale is off? Hungrrr should be twice the size or 3 times, but to keep it all "legion" its not. Plus no hands again or feet, just stuff that barely resembles them? the entire thing is out of proportion!! But since insane collectors will be so "hard up" for a Hasbro made Abominus we will ALL buy it!!

I dunno about any of you on this board. Im sure a lot of you are new enough or just love ANYTHING Hasbro puts out,Ive seen it Ive argued it. But they are failing tremendously in the USA with the sparce product and poor quality of toys we do get!! Especially since Hasbro up and stopped putting out product after the DOTM first line( and didnt go through with the rest of the DOTM line and abandoned it as well as these lame FOC Hollow toys we are getting trickled in, etc). Fans, Collectors only have so much money to spend on Transformers OR 3rd party Transformers, and when those 3rd parties cost a small mint to buy and are easily 10 times Better then Hasbro's? Dont you think Hasbro would understand that they are going to LOSE a massive chunk of change in the market this year as well as future years if they do not step it up?? For the first time in 20 years I didnt buy ALL the Transformers!! And I HAD every store bought main line Transformer made from 1984 til 2011. Including Japanese and Euro release!! Screw it, Im not buying crappy toys anymore. You want to make good stuff Im all on board but there are A LOT of people that feel just like I do right now as well.

Just a small Rant since nobody else ever seems to want to be negative about their "precious" Transformers toys, but Hasbro better WAKE UP!! Because a lot of us "old" collectors (Ive been collecting them since the 80's) are fed up and are spending our money on 3rd party Gold this year rather then waiting months and months for some lame overpriced beast Hunters deluxes or legion sized figures!!

And on that note they look decent for legion figures at least. But thats not saying much,lol.

I totally agree.The reason, however, this will never change is because Hasbro doesn't care about us "old" collectors, they care about people like my little brother that will buy anything that has Trasnformers on it. These are the people they care about. They want to put out as much crap as they can, as cheap as they can, to make the most money. Of course, they will still "throw us a bone" every now and then, like a masterpiece to keep us happy, but thats about it. Seriously, out of the 6 or so masterpieces coming out this year, not counting Soundwave, Red Alert, or Sideswipe(they were technically last year) how many do you think we will see? I think Soundwave has been rumored for July, and probably one more at christmas. As far as the third party gold coming out, I think we should just count our blessings that Hasbro isn't shutting these people down legally.

I agree with your assessment as well. However there has been a "shift" In Hasbro product being drastically reduced stateside since the DOTM line. Sure we could get into the politics and the share holders side of it, short term money verses long term investment etc. But your right Hasbro doesnt care!! But I think after this year or maybe next year they WILL care. I just see it in stores now, Iv'e noticed it since DOTM ended so abruptly compared to the other 2 movie lines, I have with kids, my kids, me, other collectors. They are not putting out enough quality product with a reasonable price range either. When they do throw us a bone, its usually in Japan first and MAYBE going to get a stateside release at an inflated cost as well.(Masterpieces altered) So we either pay the ridiculous price of Japanese MP toys (which I stopped buying altogether) except I was suckered into MP Soundwave, sorry I had to. Got it,was very disappointed, but only in the price and that the cassettes are exactly the same size as the originals and will basically cost us $30 each if we get them from BBTS or other Web stores.

I am just disappointed is all, and not trying to "argue" with forum nazi's all damn day about being EXACT or precise about every thing I type. We all know Hasbro CAN make for instance a combiner the size, scale, likeness of a Hercules AND be able to charge at least HALF what those small 3rd party Comps. charge!! EASILY!! They could put them in the MP line to gouge us some more money or make a new line, hell it doesnt matter. The point is that they CAN do it. Do you remember way back about 15 years ago? When they made a prototype Unicron for the Beast Wars Neo line? They stated that they would NEVER be able to release a Unicron again before that!! Anyway, The toy was awesome back then (or would have been) and had us collectors drooling. However their excuse was it was too large and it wouldnt sell. So they would maybe have to try to sell it directly and charge us between $300-550 each (numbers are close cant remember exactly the quote) and the sad fact was that the toy was not even any larger then the Armada Unicron that they finally released what 5 years later?

So yea, I want them to pay attention to ALL of us collectors just a tad bit more. They ALMOST made a good Bruticus with the FOC toys, but they ended up sucking as well,lol. Sorry, they did.(PCC anyone? lol) My opinion (as well as everybody else I know,lol). I'm Just concerned because if you have been watching out and seeing all these new 3rd parties coming out of the woodwork lately, they are looking good. And even they have started the "competition war!! Because of coming out with the same combiner at the same time,lol. They have lowered their prices on the starting Divebomb's of their line!! And Some 3rd parties are better then others I know. But man I know if I have to cut off body parts to get BOTH Predakings, Menasor and to finish my Uranos combiner I will,lol. And this is Just a rumor but supposedly TFC has a Computron or an Abominus in works for their next 2 combiners!!! How SIC would that be?????
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Cybershark wrote:They are not putting out enough quality product with a reasonable price range either.

The prices aren't entirely their fault. It's retail.

I am just disappointed is all, and not trying to "argue" with forum nazi's all damn day about being EXACT or precise about every thing I type.

Forum Nazi's?

So yea, I want them to pay attention to ALL of us collectors just a tad bit more.

That may be what you want, but Hasbro works to sell toys for kids, not adults. I think you might have trouble comprehending that.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Cybershark » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

TK415 wrote:Hasbro wants to move product, and a $50 gift pack (all Cyberverse) will likely be bought by both collector and kid/parent, whereas a $100 gift pack (all Deluxes) will primarily be bought by collectors.

An easy way to move the most product and to make collectors happy would be for Hasbro to sell the Cyberverse gift pack (with a Cyberverse Hun-grr) and then to sell a Deluxe Hun-grr that could combined with the Cyberverse limb toys. Sort of like an official/optional upgrade. Hasbro makes the same figure in different sizes anyway, so it wouldn’t be that much more effort for them. Easy solution that makes everybody happy.

Thats actually a good idea. I think it would still end up looking too PCC-ish. Or spoil us and make 4 deluxes and one Ultra sized Hungrrrr right? Pffttttt thats asking too much I know,lol

And for whoever told me to stop collecting just because of a rant, umm No. If You want to buy any of my MISB stuff?? I already sold most of my Japanese MISB items over the last 2 years (sold some to ebays "sonofyada" a very large MISB AFA collector, Now he must be rich,lol). But I still have some left like an Abominus, Metrotitan, and some others.
Cybershark
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON