This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay Reiterates That Transformers 4 is Not a Reboot

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Michael Bay Reiterates That Transformers 4 is Not a Reboot

Postby Kibble » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Rated X wrote:This whole reboot/not a reboot saga is getting really stupid. Lets just waterboard Michael Bay till he tells us the plot. :HEADHURTS:

Plot? Wait...are you just trying to get Bay to be waterboarded to death? ;)
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
warzon3 wrote:Yes, they need humans to sell the movie to a wider audience, but I think they can make it a little more even. They have the production system in place after 3 movies. The efficency of the special effects could allow for more robot time.

Bay's movies feel like its more a movie about a Boy primarily. Rather than as Transformers movie.

Just look at Transformers Prime and the Character development. They had meaningful back stories or motivations. I know it is just a 2 hour movie, but I wish Bay kind of took a page from them...

Agreed on all points, although I will say this much; IMO, DOTM was a small step in the right direction.

The plot at least gave the Transformers more dpth this time around, featuring Sentinel as a turncoat, and Ironhide's death is done far more meaningfully than, say, the Arcees and Jetfire. While Jetfire's death is technically poignant, I personally felt nothing for his sacrifice. Maybe it's just that I don't like his "old man with Alzheimer's" characterization.

I could well be alone in this, but DOTM seems to feature far more characterization of the bots than the other two movies put together.

Sam's role in this was simply that he wanted to feel important again, while the plot (flawed as it is) developed independently. He makes his own contributions in unraveling the Decepticons' plans, but at least it never focused solely on him. Optimus has his own demons to fight after discovering his mentor's true motives, and even Megatron is trying to come to grips with his failing authority--though sadly these elements weren't very effectively shown on screen (hence, a small step in the right direction).

This summarizes my feelings perfectly. DOTM was one giant leap in the wanton destruction of Chicago...one small step in the right direction. I just take 'em for what they are. :michaelbay:
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby 9adam83 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Michael Bay is a talentless moron that needs a severe beating! His Bayformers Movies are garbage and have nothing to do with Transformers. I am sick and tired of seeing this moron screw up something that I hold dear to me and my 80's childhood. This clown has destroyed anything good from the franchise and to take "Creative design" to the Transformers is nothing to be pleased about! Sorry, but Hasbro and Bayformers will not get any money from me! G1 all the way!
9adam83
Mini-Con

Postby NatsumeRyu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
What if the reason the GIJoe movie got pushed back was because it hints at a crossover and they wanted it to be secret longer? D: If so, mind blown. Kill me now so I can't have my high hopes dashed, please.

Oh please oh please oh please do a crossover. Please.
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby shortwave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 am

Motto: "eagls may soar but weasels dont get sucked in to jet engens"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
I just want the movies to be good i promised my little brother i would see them 12 hours before he died.
And my god they were horrific ok i admit i enjoyed the 1st one but that was more nostalgia than anything.
the only reason i saw the last two were hope thay were good and a promise that i would.
shortwave
Fuzor
Watch shortwave on YouTube
Alt Mode: chenowth buggy
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 3
Skill: 1

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Look on the bright side: at least they can't possibly be as bad as Battleship.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby shortwave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 pm

B4 damit B4. the aliens ate invading get one tank to travel from left to right and fire upwards its out only hope.
shortwave
Fuzor

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:36 pm

shortwave wrote:B4 damit B4. the aliens ate invading get one tank to travel from left to right and fire upwards its out only hope.

What?
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shortwave » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 am

Space invaders. how young are you?
shortwave
Fuzor

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 pm

shortwave wrote:Space invaders. how young are you?

I recall that film when it was in theaters. Never saw it. No need to call age into question like a petulant fanboy. :roll:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shortwave » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Not being petulant just trying to put a smile on peoples faces. :grin:
some thing most directors and writers these days cant do.
shortwave
Fuzor

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr N 1:15 black light Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240118 2N Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210225 1A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230204 1A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240109"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL231103 1B Williams"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr R 1:25 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240122 2R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics FEB230376 3C (CA) Rubin"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON