Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:22 pm

I hope everyone post pictures after getting theirs! Would love to see that Lionel train set run around Fort Max!

As for me, I'm going to try to figure out a good way to combine two of them (i.e. old one and reissue) into an attractive, believable city mode. Any inspiration you know about? I managed a great combined G1 metroplex city from two, but haven't seen or heard of anyone tackling one from Fort Max.
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1586
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Cybertronian wrote:
RhA wrote:I'm cracking that thing open AND I DESERVE IT.

RhA, if this were Facebook (or Twitter), I'd "like" your comment. ;)^ I couldn't agree more.


I'd 'like' it as well. I've waited so long for a Fort Max. No way in HELL am I keeping mine in the box!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby KNM2012 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 pm

gothsaurus wrote:Guessing that means it was taped.... RE-OPENED to re-inspect... the re-sealed with a second piece of tape. To MISB collectors, it would appear that their MISB item was opened, thus ruining it's resale value.

If you're planning on keeping it MISB, best to get the re-issue sealed one. Planning on opening it, this early run is for YOU!

:grin:


From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such. However... I was given good news from Jeremy at TFsource. It appears that this is only affecting the early bird orders, not the other release. However, if you still want a single taped MISB piece, it is best to email the store requesting one... Instead of just holding off.
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 am

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I'm a fan of G1 and have bought as many reissues as I can but I just can't get excited about Fort Max and I don't know why.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: MP G2 Sideswipe, FT Scoria(not Slag)
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3920
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Bowspearer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:56 am

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such.


Not necessarily, but alot depends on how thoughtful TakaraTomy are here.

If TakaraTomy are just using standard tape to retape the box then your point is spot on.

However I'm reminded of how customs approaches retaping packages, where the tape is printed with writing stating that the box has been opened and inspected by them. Brown goods companies have done the same with things like DVD players. If TakaraTomy have properly thought things through on this and if the run is large enough to justify it, then there's no reason why TakaraTomy couldn't use tape with writing on it to that effect - especially if other items, such as an Encore Overlord are released down the track (if the demand for Fort Max proves high enough, it's a definite possibility) where the same process will happen.

If they were to go down this road, then technically they have remained sealed from before leaving the manufacturer and therefore should be classed as MISB as it could be proven that the retaping had been done by the manufacturer themselves.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby El Duque » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted some additional shots of Takara Tomy's Transformers Encore #23 Fortress Maximus. These images include the packaging, an up close of the head, the commemorative coin, and promotional phone earplug jack plug. Check out the images mirrored below.

Regarding its FREE premium, we are happy to announce that all encore23 preorder will be included the Fotress Maximus phone plug and exclusive coins !!! But the exclusive coins has been limted and it will be "first come first serve" til it runs out, and the free exclusive coins will not be offered after 31March orders.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Flux Convoy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
I could not have anticipated the level of excitement I felt seeing those pics. Looking forward to him in the next few weeks.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6530
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby KNM2012 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Bowspearer wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such.


Not necessarily, but alot depends on how thoughtful TakaraTomy are here.

If TakaraTomy are just using standard tape to retape the box then your point is spot on.

However I'm reminded of how customs approaches retaping packages, where the tape is printed with writing stating that the box has been opened and inspected by them. Brown goods companies have done the same with things like DVD players. If TakaraTomy have properly thought things through on this and if the run is large enough to justify it, then there's no reason why TakaraTomy couldn't use tape with writing on it to that effect - especially if other items, such as an Encore Overlord are released down the track (if the demand for Fort Max proves high enough, it's a definite possibility) where the same process will happen.

If they were to go down this road, then technically they have remained sealed from before leaving the manufacturer and therefore should be classed as MISB as it could be proven that the retaping had been done by the manufacturer themselves.


You missed the point I was making. Customs does not inspect packages shipped by major companies. They only check out specific packages that are sent to people and stores that do not pass the first part - namely x-rays (if the info I was given is still up to date).

Meaning that unless you live in a country where they open up every package, regardless of the business, this is not an issue. Because the stores will be shipping them MISB and it is highly unlikely the double tape "ordeal" (which, as I stated, only applies to the early shipments) is just going to have them using the same tape and double tape it. And that is not an issue unless you plan to submit it to AFA.
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Rated X » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
After seeing the classics Metroplex coming out later this year, this re-issue seems to be a little less awesome.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5608
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Rated X wrote:Edit: double post.

I think it's time to allow people to delete their own posts. Was there ever a logical reason as to why we cant ?


In case someone decides to get abusive before a Moderator can deal with it.

Back on topic ... had to pay an extra $32 as due to his size, he has to come EMS to Australia.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38102
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Does anyone else think it's strange that the headphone plug is marked Hasbro for a release that they won't / can't sell?
Desslok2201
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Rated X wrote:After seeing the classics Metroplex coming out later this year, this re-issue seems to be a little less awesome.


Agreed. My interest is invested in Metroplex. FM is a monumental release mind you but i'm more stoked on Metro. That F@*!er is gonna be awesome! Least i hope so anyways.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Godmaster
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby prototype33 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 am

Hey guys Im new to this site, on holiday for the easter break and decided to do a little transformers shopping around the shops today picked up the fortress maximus and a couple of other things. anyways question about the head. is it suppose to have he eye stickers already applied?
Attachments
20130328_172918.jpg
Box View
prototype33
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby prototype33 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 am

These came free
Attachments
20130328_173005.jpg
free gifts
prototype33
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby prototype33 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 am

Unboxed
Attachments
20130328_173401.jpg
prototype33
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby prototype33 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 am

Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
Attachments
20130328_173410.jpg
20130328_173410.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 418 times
prototype33
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby El Duque » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TFYUKI continues to tease fans with images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Transformers Encore #23 Fortress Maximus. Check out his latest tweets mirrored below.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
:BOWDOWN: :DANCE: :KREMZEEK: Fort Max will definitely look so awesome decorated with a mess of Legends and Cyberverse figs fighting for control of this mighty behemoth...'nuff said!! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1450
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
prototype33 wrote:Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
for the Encore release, they aren't stickers this time. The eyes are painted to look like the old eye stickers.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16170
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby El Duque » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
prototype33 wrote:Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
for the Encore release, they aren't stickers this time. The eyes are painted to look like the old eye stickers.


I think it also comes with the eye stickers, so you can apply them over the painted ones for a more vintage look.
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Gearslide » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am

Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby El Duque » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby Gearslide » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am

El Duque wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus


Oh right. I've never seen Brave in anything but Robot mode, so I was expecting him to be mostly blue.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

I'd love a solid BLACK version... or a white Metroplex "Autobot City" style version with nice painted windows.

Oh yeah, or a Grand Max. (ha) Or all of the above.
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1586
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
El Duque wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus


aka RiD Fortress Maximus. By 2001, US Toy Safety Laws would not allow Fortress Maximus to be released here.
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14276
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014