This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Pictorial Review: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Blitzwing

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Pictorial Review: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Blitzwing

Postby El Duque » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:23 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor Kapow! Toys has posted their pictorial review of Transformers Generations Voyager Class Blizwing. Contrary to some of the previous video reviews, Kapow! Toys give this figure high marks, check out their review and images below. He's in-stock and ready to ship at the following link:

http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers ... -6228.html

Having watched and read some reviews on this guy from the last few days I've got to be honest I was dreading this morning and fully expected the devil in plastic so I'm happy to report I was pleasantly surprised. Right off the bat yes the shoulders are annoying, the left one seems to be the fave that does not peg in when in robot mode and it does mean the shoulders can roll when moving the arms, is it a deal breaker ? no, its just annoying, nothing more nothing less and was improved with a quick dab and dry of super glue. Blitzwing is a lot more complex than Springer, you can see the sheer amount of work which has gone into getting a robot to switch between robot, tank and jet, its a lot and it can't be ignored, sure he is far from perfect but whoever designed this guy must have cared about the character and for me they have done a good job.

In robot mode he looks like a Blitzwing should do, bulkier than his counterpart Springer and standing a little taller giving that feeling of imposing foe rather than easy opponent. The sword is a faithful update of the original whilst the gun comes off as a little weak, its quite tiny and sits rather awkwardly in his fist due to clearance issues it is however a good fit for a tank machine gun so maybe they were trying to strike a balance for both modes. Leg articulation is very nice with ball joint ankles, swivel and hinge knees and ball joint hips. There is no waist swivel due to the nature of the transformation and the fact the turret barrel and jet nosecone switch between this area for storage depending on what vehicle your picking. With regard to the 3 faces they are a nice touch and very cool bonus feature but don't interest me personally.

Jet mode comes across as very Alpha Fighter which in my book is only a good thing, it clips together well and the empty area some have complained about can actually be filled with the sword and then the machine gun plugged on top, the turret barrel can flip from exhaust to weapon in an instant adding play value for kids and big kids alike.

Tank mode is small but nicely formed, again if you transform it correctly it all clips together nice and tight, the tread transformation is quite nifty and another example of the level of thought and effort that gone into this toy. He freewheels nicely across the desk and the turret does pivot but at an awkward angle, does this bother me too much ? no because I've got 3 modes from 1 toy when I'm normally getting 2.

Overall Blitzwing scores 8/10 he's scoring this high due to the fact he is a design triumph for Hasbro and they have really thought about how its put together however if things like the shoulder issue really annoy you then chip off another point which will bring it down to a 7/10 and help make your mind up about a potential purchase, I don't purchase my figures to play with them anymore, its more about the design and engineering so I don't want to mislead any fans that do like to spend some time with their figures.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Pictorial Review: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Blitzwing

Postby Antron » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 am

Motto: "Pray all you want, you still have to answer to me."
Weapon: Light Cannon
Thanks for posting this. It helps back up what I was saying about mass produced products in the thread following the video review that was posted earlier. I was committed anyway but am glad to see I'm not guaranteed to get a POS.

Thanks again for posting a review of someone showing BW some love.
Antron
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Antron on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus the Prime » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 am

Motto: ""Great Leaders inspire Greatness in others.""
Great review, thanks for posting it! Yeah, I didn't really care about the poor reviews either. From an old Phart's perspective, this is still a dream figure, especially coming in at this size! Can't wait to get him! Oh ye Gods of Transforming Robots...please give us upgraded Voyager versions of Astrotrain and Octane! :BOWDOWN:
Rodimus the Prime
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby SG Roadbuster » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 am

by Rodimus the Prime » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 am

Great review, thanks for posting it! Yeah, I didn't really care about the poor reviews either. From an old Phart's perspective, this is still a dream figure, especially coming in at this size! Can't wait to get him! Oh ye Gods of Transforming Robots...please give us upgraded Voyager versions of Astrotrain and Octane!

oh please no. Astrotrain and Octane have been done already. let Hasbro focus on making characters that haven't had Neo G1 toys yet, like Bombshell, Slag, Sky Lynx, Tarn, Star Saber and Violen Jagger
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Great review, and I second SG roadbuster. No retreads, new characters!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm pleased to know that he isn't as devilish as Baltimatrix and the reviewer over at TFW2005 make him out to be.

I notice they made no mention of having issues with transforming the canopy into jet mode.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm simply pointing this out because I feel someone has to say it: don't put too much faith in this review. They're highlighting some of the same issues the previous reviews have mentioned, only they're trying to put less of a 'Doomsday' spin on it. Why? Because Kapow want these things to sell. It's not in their best interest to come out and say 'Yeah, it's a bag of crap. Don't buy it from us. It's not worth it. We'd rather we end up holding on to them all.'

Hash-tag just sayin'! :-B
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm simply pointing this out because I feel someone has to say it: don't put too much faith in this review. They're highlighting some of the same issues the previous reviews have mentioned, only they're trying to put less of a 'Doomsday' spin on it. Why? Because Kapow want these things to sell. It's not in their best interest to come out and say 'Yeah, it's a bag of crap. Don't buy it from us. It's not worth it. We'd rather we end up holding on to them all.'

Ha, jokes on you, I never order anything online because of damn scalpers!
(unless I'm looking for a character from a past line, then yeah, online shopping all the way)

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
yeah i knew baltmatrix was making him sound like a piece of ****. cant wait to get this bad bot. so far thats 2 reviewers that have recommended him with baltmatrix being the only one to say dont get him.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Thadicon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Motto: "Theatricality and Deception, Powerful agents to the unintiated"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
Is there any comparison pictures to the other 2 triple changers. It would be nice to see what the height difference is
Thadicon
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Valandar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
All I can say is that just on the images alone, this sucker is AWESOME. Any loose joints are easily fixed (with the superglue or nail polish trick), he appears nicely articulated, and he and his line-mate Springer appear to be the very first two triple changers that actually have all THREE modes looking nice.

Here's hoping they actually REACH my neck of the woods, though.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Mindmaster wrote:Ha, jokes on you, I never order anything online because of damn scalpers!

Oh yeah. A real egg-on-face moment. =;

I'd be surprised if anyone in the States orders from Kapow anyway, what with them being UK based.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby SJ21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I am excited for this guy. I'm not overly concerned about the problems. He looks great in the pictures and he will look great on my shelf.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby RhA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm simply pointing this out because I feel someone has to say it: don't put too much faith in this review. They're highlighting some of the same issues the previous reviews have mentioned, only they're trying to put less of a 'Doomsday' spin on it. Why? Because Kapow want these things to sell. It's not in their best interest to come out and say 'Yeah, it's a bag of crap. Don't buy it from us. It's not worth it. We'd rather we end up holding on to them all.'

Yeppers. That's what I was thinking.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby Down_Shift » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Valandar wrote:All I can say is that just on the images alone, this sucker is AWESOME. Any loose joints are easily fixed (with the superglue or nail polish trick), he appears nicely articulated, and he and his line-mate Springer appear to be the very first two triple changers that actually have all THREE modes looking nice.

Here's hoping they actually REACH my neck of the woods, though.

Classics Astrotrain looked great in all three modes. Still one of my favourites.

Anyway, I've had Blitzwing for about a week now and he's easily one of the best voyager class figures in years. The shoulders don't bother me in the slightest, mind you I would like it if peauges (spelling?) shoulder trick worked on mine but sadly it does not.

Still, this figure would be a lot better if they had dropped the head gimmick and gave him a real neck joint he would be even better, but it is a kids toy at the end of the day.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu May 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I did a double-take when I saw him and Springer at the store. I litterally said "holy crap-sticks!" :lol:

Anyway, while I am afraid of putting too much stress on the shoulders, Blitz is awesome. If you're on the fence about getting him, get off of it and get him.

I also saw somewhere that someone said the wrists don't swivel; this is untrue.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:I did a double-take when I saw him and Springer at the store. I litterally said "holy crap-sticks!" :lol:

Anyway, while I am afraid of putting too much stress on the shoulders, Blitz is awesome. If you're on the fence about getting him, get off of it and get him.

I also saw somewhere that someone said the wrists don't swivel; this is untrue.

Yeah, Baltmatrix corrected himself in a follow up video.

I'm considering getting Springer first, since he will be harder to find, but the military buff and tank enthusiast in me really wants Blitzwing first.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby zephon » Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm with the Blitzwing > Springer camp.

Yes, I did a quick mod to fix the shoulders and I'm actually kicking myself for doing so because I should have tried peaugh's approach thoroughly first. It's that golden "click" you have to look for to know when the shoulders lock into place.

I'd still score it 8 out of 10 -- one point off for the rubber head and nosecone, one point off for the trouble with the shoulders. I'm tempted to take a point or half for paint chips but that's too trivial.
zephon
Mini-Con
Buy from zephon on eBay

Postby Hypershock » Fri May 03, 2013 11:37 am

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
these guys are both awesome :APPLAUSE:

i was messing around with springer, and i think i figured out how they could pull off a VTOL mode for that possible Sandstorm repaint
Hypershock
Combiner
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 am

Hypershock wrote:these guys are both awesome :APPLAUSE:

i was messing around with springer, and i think i figured out how they could pull off a VTOL mode for that possible Sandstorm repaint

So it's really just a matter of retooling the arms and head.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hypershock » Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Mindmaster wrote:
Hypershock wrote:these guys are both awesome :APPLAUSE:

So it's really just a matter of retooling the arms and head.

Pretty much. the arms should be simple enough, but i'm curious as to what theyll do with the head, seeing as the transformation involves very specific clearances on the hinges needed to swivel the head out
Hypershock
Combiner
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
NEW!
JET-KUN First Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #6 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers G1 Autobot Cars complete + more Hasbro 1985 220807A"
NEW!
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Kre-o Capsule RED ALERT Transformers Kreon G1 toy Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
Kre-o Capsule RED ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210480 10RI (CA) Coller"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON