This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Or new fiction?
I know you mean the text stories, but how do the comics not count as new club fiction?

You're picking nits and you even say so much. By comics you mean the 36 pages we get per year? Sure it's new fiction. You knew what I was referring to though. We can't even access the old prose either.
:BOT:
Last edited by Flux Convoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Flux Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I know you mean the text stories, but how do the comics not count as new club fiction?

You're picking nits and you even say so much. By comics you mean the 36 pages we get per year? Sure it's new fiction. You knew what I was referring to though. We can't even access the old prose either.
:BOTS:
If you want, I could send you my copies of them.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

:BOTS:
If you want, I could send you my copies of them.

I wouldn't mind getting a read off of them too. There are no comic book stores I know of in my area, so it's rare when I get the chance to read comics.

Throw in the War for Cybertron comic too. I've finally read Exodus a couple years back, and I've keep forgetting to ask you about them. Yes, my memory is the size of a Mini-Con.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 pm

I meant the text stories.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
#-o

Forgive my stupidity.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Flux Convoy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Sabrblade wrote:If you want, I could send you my copies of them.

I appreciate the offer but no, thank you. We bug them every year about collecting them in physical form at Botcon. I have my fingers crossed we get a more positive answer this year. Otherwise, I might take you up on it.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:58 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun

BotCon has announced Alex Milne and Joana Lafuente have been added to this year's artist alley. See details below:

ALEX MILNE is a professional illustrator based in Canada who has been working in comics for the past ten years. He has worked on many different projects over this time, but is best known for his Transformers work with IDW Publishing. Some of the titles he has worked on over his career have been, Megatron Origins, Spotlight Arcee, Drift mini series, Transformers Ongoing (Chaos Theory) and various other titles and covers. Currently he is working with James Roberts on the latest ongoing title More Than Meets The Eye.

JOANA LAFUENTE is an illustrator/colorist from Portugal who has worked as colorist on a variety of IDW Publishing Transformers titles such as Spotlight Blurr, Spotlight Drift, Ironhide mini-series, 2011's OnGoing, More Than Meets The Eye and Robots In Disguise just to name a few.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm

BotCon has announced yet another special guest for this year's event in San Diego, Glenn Morshower from the Transformers live action movie franchise. Morshower appeared in the first Transformers film as Colonel Sharp and as General Morshower in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

GLENN MORSHOWER is regarded as one of the busiest character actors in Hollywood. Best known for his role as Aaron Pierce on the FOX hit series 24, Glenn has had a hugely successful acting career spanning thirty-five years. Transformers fans of course know Glenn as GENERAL MORSHOWER from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon and as COLONEL SHARP from the first Transformers movie, starring in the scene which featured the Transformers brought to life for the very first time!

Frequently seen in roles of authority, he has appeared in over 160 film and television projects including: Star Trek The Next Generation, The Men Who Stare at Goats, Good Night and Good Luck, Black Hawk Down, Air Force One, Hostage, Under Siege, All the King's Men, Pearl Harbor, with running roles on CSI, The West Wing, and Friday Night Lights.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
OMFG!!!1111
I totally have to go to BotCon now, he's like my two most favorite and memorable characters in the history of Transformers, like EVER!
:michaelbay:
I need to get his autograph over my chest to have it tattooed.

Please tell me that Jonathon Trent, Fassbinder from ROTF, is also going to be there

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I still can't get over the fact he played different characters in the movies, when he is in the military on both cases. Daft or what?
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:55 am

Banjo-Tron wrote:I still can't get over the fact he played different characters in the movies, when he is in the military on both cases. Daft or what?
Well, just keep thinking of how Colonel Sharp was killed in action by Blackout, while General Morshower lives on. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2013 announces it final special guest!
San Diego, California June 27th – June 30th

San Diego, CA – June 10th, 2013 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official TRANSFORMERS Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, is thrilled to announce it’s final guest for this years highly anticipated convention… Glenn Morshower! Fans across the world will recognize Glenn from his roles as Agent Pierce on the Fox series 24 and as Colonel Sharp from the first live action TRANSFORMERS movie and as General Morshower from TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen and TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Moon. This brings the total number of special guests attending BotCon to seventeen, making this one of the most star studded BotCon’s ever! With so many amazing special guests and artists appearing at BotCon 2013, being held at the Town and Country Resort from June 27th thru June 30th in the beautiful city of San Diego, fans from around the world are in for one amazing convention!

Pop Culture enthusiasts and TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages can still register for BotCon 2013 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the five-figure MACHINE WARS convention set, admission to the Friday private sales room experience, priority seating at all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and admittance to the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus TRANSFORMERS Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on all of the BotCon 2013 activities and the exclusive figure offerings, as well as convention updates, please visit BotCon.com. Press inquiries; please contact Pete Sinclair pete@funpubinc.com.

About Fun Publications, Inc.
For nearly 20 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit TransformersClub.com, GIJoeClub.com, GIJoeCon.com, and BotCon.com. BotCon is a registered trademark of Fun Publications, Inc. (C) 2013 Fun Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.

About Hasbro
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative, well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. The Hub TV Network is part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), in the U.S. Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World’s Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s "100 Best Corporate Citizens."Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2013 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Didn't we already know this? :???:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mindmaster wrote:Didn't we already know this? :???:

We did, but this is the official press release.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Didn't we already know this? :???:

We did, but this is the official press release.

Oh, whoops. My bad. :oops:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

BotCon 2013 Full Schedule Revealed

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:03 pm

The BotCon website has been updated with the full programme for the full five days, including a description of the various panels and seminars taking place during the event. Check out the schedule below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 pm

With not one but TWO Rescue Bots cartoon panels!

I'm so there. 8)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Also, this reveals that someone named Dave Williams will be the co-author of the next book in the "Exodus Trilogy".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Also, this reveals that someone named Dave Williams will be the co-author of the next book in the "Exodus Trilogy".

Do we really need a third? #-o
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Also, this reveals that someone named Dave Williams will be the co-author of the next book in the "Exodus Trilogy".

Um, yes? Considering how awful the ending to Exiles was by leaving it on an open cliffhanger with things left unanswered and unexplored. There's still thousands of years left for the books to cover, even before the TFs finally reach Earth.

Not to mention that David J. Williams is not Alex Irvine.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Um, yes? Considering how awful the ending to Exiles was by leaving it on an open cliffhanger with things left unanswered and unexplored. There's still thousands of years left for the books to cover, even before the TFs finally reach Earth.

Not to mention that David J. Williams is not Alex Irvine.

He does have an interesting resumé, yes. But Irvine also teaches Creative Writing at university, and has had some good criticism of his non-TF work. Didn't stop him from being awful in those two books.

I still claim that comics would work better. The War for Cybertron mini-comic was so much better than the chapters it was taken from.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Heckfire » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Man...BotCon is in my old home town, and I'm functionally broke out here in rural Colorado. Life sucks sometimes.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Delicon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Well, I didn't know for sure if I was going to be able to go this year, but my wife and I will indeed be heading to San Diego. I know some of the regulars won't make it this year, but I will be happy to see a lot of my friends.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

BotCon 2013 - Andrew Griffith to Attend IDW Stall and Panels

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am

Transformers: Robots in Disguise artist Andrew Griffith has dropped by to let everyone know he will not only be joining the legion of creators during the VIP Tour, but he is also attending various IDW events during BotCon!

I'll be appearing at Botcon 2013 in San Diego this weekend.

I won't be at Artist Alley but I'll be one of the guests at IDW Publishing's VIP Tour, I'll be on their comics panel, and I'll be making some appearances at their booth throughout the weekend.

Hope to see you there!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

BotCon 2013 Lithograph Revealed

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 pm

The official Transformers Facebook page has uploaded the original lithograph for this year's BotCon event, which features all the characters revealed so far from the Machine Wars: Termination event. The litho will be available all weekend from the Transformers Collectors' Club, and is mirrored below for your convenience.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 FEB094332 4RI (A/CA) Johnson (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON