This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Japanese Language Review of Transformers Go! Kenzan, Jinbu, Ganoh and GoKenzan

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Japanese Language Review of Transformers Go! Kenzan, Jinbu, Ganoh and GoKenzan

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Youtube member KyoryugerJP brings us a review of Transformers Go! G01 Kenzan. Although this review is in Japanese, he shows off the transformation quite nicely. The review has been embedded for you.

Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Japanese Language Review of Transformers Go! G01 Kenzan

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Though far from perfect, Kenzan still looks like a fun figure. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZenPrime » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Goes from chest to legs, it's missing abdomen and hips.... :BANG_HEAD:
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Postby StryderPrime » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:58 pm

i surprise that the sound piece is that big on the figure. Thats the only thing that got me on the fence about getting this guy(and this guy only) is that odd Code Geass looking backpack.
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Postby StryderPrime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 am

jus finish the review...didnt know the figure have no pelvis like the rest of his team..lol
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Just terrible. All these combiner figures suck. That robot mode on this fig is laughable.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Actar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:39 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
Personally speaking, I'm in love with these. Yes, there are glaring issues, but I honestly think they are absolutely understandable when taking into account what these figures are trying to achieve. Each of them have the duty of having an individual robot mode, vehicle mode, Torso mode, Waist mode and Leg mode.

That's 5 different modes and 1 more mode than even the already impossible to pull-off Getter Robo and Aquarion. (I mean, Studio Half-Eye and Bandai have done it, but dayum are they expensive and just as kibbly.)

I've always adored figures with modular transformations and these figures are splendid.
Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby BeezeeTron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:27 pm

I wonder if you can combine 3x of each figure together? :-?
E.G. combining 3x G01 Kenzan's together that would form the legs, torso, and upper body?

Other than that, they all look pretty terrible
BeezeeTron
Mini-Con

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
KyoryugerJP is back with Japanese language reviews of the rest of the Transformers Go! Samurai team and the combined form of GoKenzan. The first video shows off the transformation for Jinbu while the second video covers Ganoh. The third video shows the combination of GoKenzan.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Japanese Language Review of Transformers Go! Kenzan, Jinbu, Ganoh and GoKenzan

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Despite his lack of an actual pelvis, Jinbu actually looks like a pretty fun figure.

So does Ganoh, His transformation also seems very familiar.

Though far from perfect, GoKenzan at least looks to be an imposing display piece.

From the sound of it, looks like videos for GoJinbu and GoGanoh are not far behind. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Japanese Language Review of Transformers Go! Kenzan, Jinbu, Ganoh and GoKenzan

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Those are terrible. They look like knock offs from those Road Bot things. Those ones made by Happywell or whatever they were called. Transformers, they are not. You can't convince me. Blech.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Actar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:30 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
For me, you've got to put it into perspective -> Looks and articulation versus functionality. I say they did a brilliant job, more so than the FOC Bruticus, considering each of them have 5 separate modes each.
Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby dedcat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
I love goofy, clunky japanese robot toys, so for me this is an easy decision to buy. I have no doubt that play wise, these are top tier figures.

That being said, the 3 toys and the combined mode are far below the standard of quality Transformer fans have come to expect. They are trapped in the late 90's, the proportions are terrible and the kibble is obscene.

I understand there are aesthetic sacrifices for the sake of playability, but yeeeesh.
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby craggy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 pm

looks like they still have loads of articulation even in combined mode. this makes me happy. of course, his rear is backpack city, so stability might be an issue, but it'll be interesting playing about with the back kibble and seeing if I can do anything cool with it, due to the aforementioned "loads of articulation"

all three look nice in bot mode. Kenzan is probably my least favourite on it's own. the cop car mode isn't wowing me and the bot isn't fantastic. Love the head sculpt and the swords though, plus "pew pew japanese words pew pew ca-ching!" lights and sounds...and loads of them from the looks of it! none of this "my name is optimus prime" "optimus prime is the name" BS that Hasbro's given...well, I can't say "us" since I don't even remember the last speaking TF I bought...does Omega Prime count if I never put batteries in him?

Junbu looks like loads of fun, I'm even warming up to his colours. I might call him Solarcracker or something. good bot mode and good alt mode. and again, a kickass head sculpt. if it wasn't for 3 movie's worth of pavlovian conditioning by Hasbro making me want to smash and melt and throw into a black hole every bit of yellow and black plastic I'd probably really love him. As it is, he's still pretty cool.

Ganoh looks like Hosehead and Big Red (from the 1st issue of the G1 comic)had a little protoform. I like both modes, but dayum does he have some Giant Friggen Robot Fists hanging off the back of that truck mode? (answer: yes, he does) transformation is pretty basic, but it's effective in its simplicity and he looks like a big burly dude, the strongman of the team. he should have a robo-mousetache in the fiction. not keen on the weapon here so much though. might have to scrounge up an Arms Micron or two for him. Maybe the AMW blue wrecking ball?

combined GoKenzan form isn't my favourite of the three I don't think, but it's still pretty decent and the backpack even makes me think that he's got all manner of samurai shenanigans going on in there. the combination sounds that Kenzan spits out (along with the little Dynamic Combination montage music and Head Reveal ca-ching!) really make it.

glad I have these on pre-order. Did Japan get Fat Shark and the Predacon Reserves at the same time, or will we have to wait for more on them?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #25 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230330 25B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #25 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1023IM370 25A (CA) Sabbatini (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #25 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #23 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230254 23A (CA) Stevens (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #23 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #263 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY220259 263A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #263 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220262 8B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #8 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131D"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220205 13B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #13 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1223IM842 351C (A/CA) Booth (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #29 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM283 29A (CA) Randal"
NEW!
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131C"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM408 27B (CA) Aguillo (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #27 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #346 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 0723IM388 346C (CA) Ngu (W) McConville"
SPAWN #346 Cvr C v ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON