This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sabrblade wrote:Also, this would make a swell Christmas present, so anyone who wants this better start dropping hints to your friends and family members. ;)

That may or may not have been my immediate reaction. It's how I got the other collectibles I mentioned earlier, too. :-$
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sodan-1 wrote:HOW MUCH!?!? Can't I get it without the admittedly awesome tin?

Oh well, better start saving. Will this be a widely available item or exclusive does anyone know?
The article says it looks like it'll be an Amazon exclusive.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Wh33l Jck » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm

I'd be interested in reading the stories, but I would not pay that much for it.
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby hpfabe » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Definitely looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of the Aligned continuity, but I think I'd be looking forward to this either way. I'll be getting this as soon as it goes up for preorder, but I do hope it's on Amazon at their typical preorder discount (like $60 or so).
hpfabe
Minibot

Postby craggy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Do we know if it's an Amazon US exclusive, or will the rest of the world be able to get it too?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby El Duque » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon has listed their pre-order the Transformers: The Covenant of Primus. This deluxe edition hardback offers a look into the early history and mythos of the Transformers, features never seen before and newly commissioned art, and comes in an interlocking Autobot symbol case with transforming sound effects. The retail price is listed at $99.99, but is currently listed for pre-order at $48.82 with free shipping. The book is scheduled to release on December 10th.

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus [Deluxe Edition] [Hardcover]

We also have video teaser for the book, take a look below:

Book Description
Release date: December 10, 2013

The Covenant of Primus delves into the depths of Transformers mythology to reveal the backstory that’s previously only been hinted at.

Encased in an interlocking Autobot emblem that when pulled open emits Transformer sounds, this tome is a gift to humans from Alpha Trion, one of the ancient Thirteen Primes—the first of the Transformers. Little is known about Alpha Trion, and the rest of the Thirteen Primes have been shrouded in mystery—until now. The Covenant of Primus reveals the stories of these ancient heroes for the first time. It chronicles the saga of Optimus Prime and Megatron and covers the full history of the Transformers. Never-before-seen illustrations depict battles, portraits of the Thirteen Primes, and detailed scenes of the Transformers’ world. Offering insight into their origins, the Golden Age of exploration, the great civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons, and much more, this book is the definitive in-world history of the Transformers.

Product Features:

• Autobot shield case with three-part interlocking manual opening system and three classic Transformers audio effects
  • Hardcover book with newly commissioned cover art, 20 newly commissioned illustrations, and many never-before-seen images from the Hasbro archive

About the Author

Justina Robson was born in Yorkshire, England in 1968 and grew up watching the original Transformers TV series. After completing school, she dropped out of Art College, then studied philosophy and linguistics at York University. She sold her first novel in 1999. Since then she has won the 2000 Amazon UK Writers’ Bursary Award. She has also been a student (1992) and a teacher (2002, 2006) at the Arvon Foundation in the UK, a center for the development and promotion of all kinds of creative writing. She was a student at Clarion West, the US boot camp for science fiction and fantasy writers, in 1996. Her books have been variously shortlisted for the British Science Fiction Best Novel Award, the Arthur C. Clarke Award, the Philip K. Dick Award and the John W. Campbell Award. An anthology of her short fiction, “Heliotrope,” was published in 2012. In 2004, Justina was a judge for the Arthur C. Clarke Award on behalf of the Science Fiction Foundation. Her novels and stories range widely over science fiction and fantasy, often in combination and often featuring AIs and machines who aren’t exactly what they seem. She still lives in t’North of England with her partner and three children and a cat.

Product Details
Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: 47North (December 10, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1477805990
ISBN-13: 978-1477805992
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Done and preordered!

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mkall » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Preordered! I'm very excited for this book. I can't wait to read up on all the tales of TF yore.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
now if there was a decepticon version id be all over it but theres not so ill pass for now. as cool as that case is i have no room for it nor do i have $50 to spend on a book.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Hypershock » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 am

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Wow, i really dig this :D this seems like those Star Wars Essential guides, and those are the kinds of things i'm really into. Bring me this book!!
Hypershock
Combiner
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
YAY!!! Managed to place a pre-order for delivery to the UK. Stupid Amazon UK not having it listed. They'd probably charge £130 for it anyway. :roll:

I can't wait.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Arctorro » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Pre-ordered! Estimated $16 shipping to the Wonderful World of OZ, lets hope that doesn't change...

william-james88 wrote:So that would also be the case for Predaking, who is also six members.
Arctorro
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby reluctantyouth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:46 am

Observing my first brain surgery today :shock: :michaelbay: , watched the Metroplex review, and now pre-ordered this awesome collector piece. It is a glorious day to let my inner geek flag fly! Love it! :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby megatronus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
That is a definite preorder.

As TF fans, I feel like we are generally deprived of the omnibus-type guides other, more mainstream fandoms get. Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc. Art of FOC was the closest thing we had, and that was more about the design, not the substantive mythos. This is a welcome, welcome tome.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 am

Just watched the video preview.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! It uses footage from both the WFC/FOC games and the Prime cartoon together! Homogenizing continuity FTW!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Definitely will be preordering this soon
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
News Credits: 25
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby Erailea » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Bummed I couldn't snag it at the $49, but I still managed to pre-order it at $60. A bit pricey, I think, considering it's not even 200 pages long, but ah well. The electronic case is probably a hefty part of the price tag.
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby jimclancy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 pm

And now it's $60.
jimclancy
Mini-Con
Buy from jimclancy on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:44 pm

jimclancy wrote:And now it's $60.
Weird. It was still 50% off earlier this morning.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
jimclancy wrote:And now it's $60.
Weird. It was still 50% off earlier this morning.

That's how Amazon works. Once a product's preorders spike, they lower the discount/hike the price. They closely watch that activity.

Their wholesale cost is only between 50-55% off retail for most publishers, so the early discount allows them to get some customer data and make sure the book appears in their automation/personalization engine (recommendations: "people who bought X also bought Y").

It's a dastardly machine. Just glad I got my preorder in this morning.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby craggy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:16 pm

:( well...even for $60 it's still tempting. much better than the MSRP of $100. Wonder how the shipping will be from US to UK, on something so stupidly large?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby KnightStrike » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Well crap. Saw it was $48 this morning and was elated that I would actually be able to afford this since I had written it off wehn they announced the $100 price. I started to pre-order this morning, but was running behind and figured I would get to it after work as I was still debating whether I could fit it in my budget right now. Now its gone from $48 to $60, so now its back burnered for me. May try to work it in the budget later if it doesn't continue to climb in price.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 pm

KnightStrike wrote:Well crap. Saw it was $48 this morning and was elated that I would actually be able to afford this since I had written it off wehn they announced the $100 price. I started to pre-order this morning, but was running behind and figured I would get to it after work as I was still debating whether I could fit it in my budget right now. Now its gone from $48 to $60, so now its back burnered for me. May try to work it in the budget later if it doesn't continue to climb in price.
Thing is, they don't charge you for preorders until the actual release date. So had you preordered it right away, you wouldn't have been charged for it until December, ample time to save up for it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby KnightStrike » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
KnightStrike wrote:Well crap. Saw it was $48 this morning and was elated that I would actually be able to afford this since I had written it off wehn they announced the $100 price. I started to pre-order this morning, but was running behind and figured I would get to it after work as I was still debating whether I could fit it in my budget right now. Now its gone from $48 to $60, so now its back burnered for me. May try to work it in the budget later if it doesn't continue to climb in price.
Thing is, they don't charge you for preorders until the actual release date. So had you preordered it right away, you wouldn't have been charged for it until December, ample time to save up for it.

True, but I use a debit card and like to have the money on hand when pre-ordering things so I stay in the black on my budget, especially with Metroplex, the Hasbro MP Soundwave, and all the 3rd party items coming down the pike in the near future :) My wallet is developing cash reflux disease! The Covenant is still a much better deal at $60 than $100, I just figured the price would stay where it was longer.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I just watched the trailer again. Drooling.

Also, is it just me, or is there a snippet from the Star Trek (2009) main theme at 00:34?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0124IM328 7C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 FEB140339 (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220496 War's End 2RI Ossio"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON