Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:Poor choice on Starscream. If he isn’t gonna be huge them might as well keep him the same mold as Skywarp and Thundercracker. Everybody wanted the Silverbolt mold, why didn’t they just deliver ?
I was upset about this at first as well.

But, many have argued against our disdain pointing out that the Terradive mold has the closest head mold to MW Starscream's head as is without having to remold it.

As for it not being a big toy, others have also argued that Transformers fiction has often ignored the size of characters with big toys. G1 Blaster, for example was HUGE, yet the cartoon and comics all depicted him as just a slightly-taller-then-average guy, being on par Soundwave, whose toy was half his size.

MW Starscream being a titan may have applied for the 1997 toy, but since there was no fiction for it back then, there was little-to-no official portrayal of the guy to spell out just how tall the character really is.

Rated X wrote:Aside from GM and movie licensed molds, I don’t buy into the excuses of a mold not being “available”. What decides this ? If it’s piled up in the back of a warehouse and they’re too lazy to dig it out ?
For the Unicron Trilogy molds, they wre simply so old and worn out that they had outlived their usefulness.

For the movieverse toys, any mold that was based on a character design created by Paramount is partially owned by Paramount. The Movieverse toys that Hasbro made without Paramount's input are fully Hasbro-owned and more readily useable by Fun Pub since they would only have to deal with Hasbro to use them, as opposed to having to deal with both Hasbro and Paramount to use a more expensive mold.

As for the lack of Universe Silverbolt, again, Terradive already had a convincing-enough headsculpt.

Rated X wrote:Glad not to see the Perceptor mold on the list. I didn’t want to see them ruin Soundwave my not using the perfect Cybertron Red Alert mold. And I don’t need a 3 pack of huge Reflectors either. The Perfect Effect set is fine for me.
I agree with you on both. I did not want a Perceptor-made Soundwave or three Reflectors either.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16710
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:24 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Poor choice on Starscream. If he isn’t gonna be huge them might as well keep him the same mold as Skywarp and Thundercracker. Everybody wanted the Silverbolt mold, why didn’t they just deliver ?
I was upset about this at first as well.

But, many have argued against our disdain pointing out that the Terradive mold has the closest head mold to MW Starscream's head as is without having to remold it.

As for it not being a big toy, others have also argued that Transformers fiction has often ignored the size of characters with big toys. G1 Blaster, for example was HUGE, yet the cartoon and comics all depicted him as just a slightly-taller-then-average guy, being on par Soundwave, whose toy was half his size.

MW Starscream being a titan may have applied for the 1997 toy, but since there was no fiction for it back then, there was little-to-no official portrayal of the guy to spell out just how tall the character really is.



Honestly the most fitting mold for MW Starscream would be Cybertron Wingsaber.
Perfect fit. Yes, it's an AEC mold, but it does not seemed to be used much... Last I saw it was the Allspark repaint (Which I regret passing. :HEADHURTS: )

Although, remolding to the bot symbol on the chest would be needed.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1844
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
gavinfuzzy wrote:Honestly the most fitting mold for MW Starscream would be Cybertron Wingsaber.
Perfect fit. Yes, it's an AEC mold, but it does not seemed to be used much... Last I saw it was the Allspark repaint (Which I regret passing. :HEADHURTS: )

Although, remolding to the bot symbol on the chest would be needed.
Well, even ignoring it being a UT mold (which Fun Pub are too old and worn out to use), and ignoring its molded :BOT: symbol, that headsculpt of his wouldn't really do without a remold.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16710
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:Honestly the most fitting mold for MW Starscream would be Cybertron Wingsaber.
Perfect fit. Yes, it's an AEC mold, but it does not seemed to be used much... Last I saw it was the Allspark repaint (Which I regret passing. :HEADHURTS: )

Although, remolding to the bot symbol on the chest would be needed.
Well, even ignoring it being a UT mold (which Fun Pub are too old and worn out to use), and ignoring its molded :BOT: symbol, that headsculpt of his wouldn't really do without a remold.



I'm not sure what to make of FunPub's choice of head sculpts. I understand they didn't get the Dreadwing mold until it was too late to give him a new head, but if they wanted to do Starscream, why not showcase his figure? And why make him an at-show exclusive instead of in the box set? I could be wrong, but the fans seem to buy things called 'Starscream' pretty regularly.

I'd be really curious as to what sculpts were decided upon when. Hoist is my least favorite of the revealed molds, and doesn't seem to serve any necessary purpose. Maybe the comic will explain his importance, but if this version of Machine Wars is meant to showcase Strika and Obsidian taking on the Decepticon clone army, Hoist would've been the last figure in need of a new headsculpt. I guess they wanted to have a few Autobots in there too, but I don't believe anyone at FunPub really thought a new Hoist head was a better idea than a new Starscream head.

I wonder if perhaps the Silverbolt mold is unavailable for some reason... :-?
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Motto: "Little bit o' bg, not enough to do you any harm"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Trikeboy wrote:Well, if that is the confirmed list of add ons for this years Botcon, I'm definitely saving a lot of money. This set is not to my tastes but for those who like it, I hope you enjoy them. Depending on how they look, I may try and get the Rainmakers but I have a feeling I can easily pass on them.

Can't wait for the Botcon coverage and new toy reveals.


Not confirmed, just rumor.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3445
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:I'm not sure what to make of FunPub's choice of head sculpts. I understand they didn't get the Dreadwing mold until it was too late to give him a new head, but if they wanted to do Starscream, why not showcase his figure? And why make him an at-show exclusive instead of in the box set? I could be wrong, but the fans seem to buy things called 'Starscream' pretty regularly.
Well, considering that Strika and Obsidian are the stars of this, it'd make sense to include the two of them, so that's one large figure covered. And Megaplex was the only completely original (name and all) character that Machine Wars introduced (Hubcap may have also been new, but he used a non-new name), so it'd make plenty of sense to include him, thus getting in two large figures already and leaving little room for Starscream.

Though, if you're talking about including him instead of Skywarp, then... I got nothing. :oops:

Also, count me in the camp who wishes Hoist had been Hubcap instead. I don't mind Hoist being included, but I'd be more excited for a Hubcap. :-B

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Not confirmed, just rumor.
Save for at least two confirmed ones, though. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16710
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:Well, considering that Strika and Obsidian are the stars of this, it'd make sense to include the two of them, so that's one large figure covered. And Megaplex was the only completely original (name and all) character that Machine Wars introduced (Hubcap may have also been new, but he used a non-new name), so it'd make plenty of sense to include him, thus getting in two large figures already and leaving little room for Starscream.

Though, if you're talking about including him instead of Skywarp, then... I got nothing. :oops:

Also, count me in the camp who wishes Hoist had been Hubcap instead. I don't mind Hoist being included, but I'd be more excited for a Hubcap. :-B


Well, no, that I understand. Annoying as it is that we only get one of the Seekers in the box, it's just like the Club to divide character pairs into separate purchases, like they did last year with Runamuck and Runabout, and in previous years, say... Jazz and Ricochet back in 2008. Skywarp is in the box because they know we want Thundercracker to go with him, so we'll buy that souvenir pack as well (or attend the show, if he's the attendee freebie). It is -admittedly- quite a sound strategy.

Though I think they'd have sold more box sets if Starscream had been showcased, or even got more people to register if it was revealed/leaked before the deadline. That is where I think they dropped the ball. Why would they make one incredibly transparent attempt to wrangle money for souvenirs and miss out on making money with another strategic reveal?


As far as Hoist/Hubcap goes... well, I'm not really attached to either character. Of the Machine Wars Autobots and the molds available... Sandstorm would've been my first choice for a new headsculpt. Certainly ahead of Hoist/Hubcap, and we all know Mirage/Prowl doesn't need one.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:Well, no, that I understand. Annoying as it is that we only get one of the Seekers in the box, it's just like the Club to divide character pairs into separate purchases, like they did last year with Runamuck and Runabout, and in previous years, say... Jazz and Ricochet back in 2008. Skywarp is in the box because they know we want Thundercracker to go with him, so we'll buy that souvenir pack as well (or attend the show, if he's the attendee freebie). It is -admittedly- quite a sound strategy.
Yeah, it's part of the business, to get customers to buy more of their products. Tis a common business practice. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16710
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Well, no, that I understand. Annoying as it is that we only get one of the Seekers in the box, it's just like the Club to divide character pairs into separate purchases, like they did last year with Runamuck and Runabout, and in previous years, say... Jazz and Ricochet back in 2008. Skywarp is in the box because they know we want Thundercracker to go with him, so we'll buy that souvenir pack as well (or attend the show, if he's the attendee freebie). It is -admittedly- quite a sound strategy.
Yeah, it's part of the business, to get customers to buy more of their products. Tis a common business practice. ;)



TFwiki came up with the perfect name for this phenomena: Seeker-Gate.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
And I suddenly realised the main issue with using Silverbolt mold: it's too big. Universe Silverbolt is an Ultra, and the last time an Ultra was used for the Souvenir Sets was in 2006 for Darksyde Megatron. The largest were all Voyagers except for him.

EDIT: Scratch that, the last one was 2010's Double Punch. Carry on. :oops:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14502
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I suddenly realised the main issue with using Silverbolt mold: it's too big. Universe Silverbolt is an Ultra, and the last time an Ultra was used for the Souvenir Sets was in 2006 for Darksyde Megatron. The largest were all Voyagers except for him.

EDIT: Scratch that, the last one was 2010's Double Punch. Carry on. :oops:
To be fair, Universe Silverbolt is still very much bigger than the Energon Scorponok mold.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16710
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 am

Sabrblade wrote:To be fair, Universe Silverbolt is still very much bigger than the Energon Scorponok mold.


Longer/taller perhaps, but probably about the same mass and volume. Scorponok also has more moving parts and joints, and is probably more expensive to manufacture.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4621
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Mkall » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I suddenly realised the main issue with using Silverbolt mold: it's too big. Universe Silverbolt is an Ultra, and the last time an Ultra was used for the Souvenir Sets was in 2006 for Darksyde Megatron. The largest were all Voyagers except for him.

EDIT: Scratch that, the last one was 2010's Double Punch. Carry on. :oops:
To be fair, Universe Silverbolt is still very much bigger than the Energon Scorponok mold.

People keep forgetting about Landshark. It's such a shame too, he's a pretty cool figure.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13988
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Mkall wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I suddenly realised the main issue with using Silverbolt mold: it's too big. Universe Silverbolt is an Ultra, and the last time an Ultra was used for the Souvenir Sets was in 2006 for Darksyde Megatron. The largest were all Voyagers except for him.

EDIT: Scratch that, the last one was 2010's Double Punch. Carry on. :oops:
To be fair, Universe Silverbolt is still very much bigger than the Energon Scorponok mold.

People keep forgetting about Landshark. It's such a shame too, he's a pretty cool figure.


That's why I said Souvenir Sets ;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14502
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby El Duque » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have an update on the list of attendee only figures for BotCon 2013! The figures include:

  • Rainmakers 3 pack: LE 2500
  • Electro and Sandstorm: LE 2000
  • Mirage and Thundercracker: LE 2000
  • KREO 5 Pack: LE 1500

Thanks to Scotty Putnam for the tip and image below:

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Botcon 2013 Attendee Only Figures revealed!

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:44 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
So I guess this means two things....

1. We're going to see the Classics Seeker mold used for the ten millionth time, and the second time for Acid Storm.

2. We're finally going to get names for the yellow and blue Rainmakers since Acid Storm (the green rainmaker) was named several years ago.

Interesting...I wonder how they'll figure into the Botcon storyline.
Bounti76
Vehicon
Posts: 369
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Botcon 2013 Attendee Only Figures revealed!

Postby Lord Onixprime » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:28 am

Bounti76 wrote:So I guess this means two things....

1. We're going to see the Classics Seeker mold used for the ten millionth time, and the second time for Acid Storm.

2. We're finally going to get names for the yellow and blue Rainmakers since Acid Storm (the green rainmaker) was named several years ago.

Interesting...I wonder how they'll figure into the Botcon storyline.


We'll, your assuming they are using the classics seeker mold, when it might be safer to assume they are using the ROTF Dirge mold to fit in alongside Skywarp and Thundercracker in this set.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Well, crap. Looks like I have to get a Mirage to go with my Thundercracker. :/

Oh, well. I'd rather it be him than Sandstorm. And this means my Decepticons have one little Autobot prisoner to torture. :twisted:
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby devlingrey » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 am

Motto: ""In the immortal words of Socrates. . . I drank what?"
- Val Kilmer in Real Genius"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Anybody who is attending willing to sell e their Mirage when they get it? I would love to have one since I missed out on the games of deception one.
devlingrey
Micromaster
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:29 am
Location: Virginia
Buy from devlingrey on eBay

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:11 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
We finally have a visual on the attendee freebie Starscream that's currently being given out at BotCon 2013 in San Diego. It's Machine Wars Starscream, based on the Hunt For The Decepticons Terradive figure mold.

It's currently available from a seller on ebay by the name of Almar Enterprises and is the first of many that will be posted on eBay. The prices tend to climb as time goes on, so if you don't have access to the figure, or don't have someone to pick it up for you, this might be your only chance to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171066207623

We have mirrored the pictures below for your convenience.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Can't wait to get the figure? Gonna be buying? Check out the pics, auction and our Machine Wars and Hunt For The Decepticon galleries! Feel free to join the discussion and give us your thoughts and comments.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, and the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8759
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Botcon 2013 Attendee Only Figures revealed!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:So I guess this means two things....

1. We're going to see the Classics Seeker mold used for the ten millionth time, and the second time for Acid Storm.

2. We're finally going to get names for the yellow and blue Rainmakers since Acid Storm (the green rainmaker) was named several years ago.

Interesting...I wonder how they'll figure into the Botcon storyline.


We'll, your assuming they are using the classics seeker mold, when it might be safer to assume they are using the ROTF Dirge mold to fit in alongside Skywarp and Thundercracker in this set.


Too redundant. Besides, FP tweeted that the Troop Builder set would knock our socks off, and having the Rainmakers be based om MW Thundercracker and Skywarp wouldn't cut it IMO Also, Souvenir Sets do not have to follow the BotCon theme as SG Galvatron & Thundercracker have proven 2 years prior, with the con having an Animated theme.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14502
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby ILL-Star » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 am

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
Starscream.... Why?
Now I can't get it. :-(
Unless he turns out to be the next Fisitron.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby helli0n » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:07 am

Motto: "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I love Starscream... :D

Image
User avatar
helli0n
Micromaster
Posts: 54
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 pm
Watch helli0n on YouTube
Buy from helli0n on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Awww crap no new head sculp? :BANG_HEAD: Well hopefully a smart 3rd Party can mock up a worthy looking SS head for this awesome looking mold. :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1460
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Disliked this mold from the very beginning. Everything about the bot mode screams "Aquatic" and yet it's a flier. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Could care less that they made this into a tribute to MW Starscream since I don't acknowledge the MW line as official TF canon anyways. Happy for those of you who got your hands on this and were looking forward to it but it most certainly isn't for me.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2243
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014