Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:13 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
@ Regimus Prime...Dude we heard you the first 2 times...jk. :P

So after hearing the great news of sightings in Arizona and in Oceanside (just south of me) I will start hitting my local TRU's and hope to strike gold like with OP.

Yeah current gas prices suck ass but I enjoy the hunt...it's on like Donkey Kong! ;)^ :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1464
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby neu318 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 am

So after hearing news that they started to hit stores, I called a new ToysRus that opened up near my house. It doesn't get too much traffic so I decided to call and try my luck. The sales clerk told me that they were sold out and that I could order online if they weren't sold out. So I told her "yeah they are sold out online" so then she said they would probably get some in two weeks. So I guess I'll keep trying and hope i'm lucky.
neu318
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby neu318 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 am

So after hearing news that they started to hit stores, I called a new ToysRus that opened up near my house. It doesn't get too much traffic so I decided to call and try my luck. The sales clerk told me that they were sold out and that I could order online if they weren't sold out. So I told her "yeah they are sold out online" so then she said they would probably get some in two weeks. So I guess I'll keep trying and hope i'm lucky.
neu318
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby neu318 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am

So after hearing news that they started to hit stores, I called a new ToysRus that opened up near my house. It doesn't get too much traffic so I decided to call and try my luck. The sales clerk told me that they were sold out and that I could order online if they weren't sold out. So I told her "yeah they are sold out online" so then she said they would probably get some in two weeks. So I guess I'll keep trying and hope i'm lucky.
neu318
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby megatronus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:28 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Just called my local TRU - Times Square, NY. They said they won't be getting in for another month.

I don't know if they arrived but sold out super quick, or if TRU just hates the East Coast. I feel like this crappy distribution is a very consistent occurrence.

:-(
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2683
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Erailea » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 am

megatronus wrote:Just called my local TRU - Times Square, NY. They said they won't be getting in for another month.

I don't know if they arrived but sold out super quick, or if TRU just hates the East Coast. I feel like this crappy distribution is a very consistent occurrence.

:-(


That TRU is a royal pain in the butt. They have such a huge Transformers section and yet I can never find anything of interest there :/ Maybe I just have bad luck, but it's rather absurd how they still have 100+ DOTM figures hanging on the wall and their "newer" segment is, unsurprisingly, filled with the same figures that warm shelves everywhere else... just in far greater mass *sigh*

I think the only time I got lucky with that store was when the first wave of Prime FE's came out. But I also hit it early in the morning (like 6:30 or 7am, when they were opening early for the X-mas season that year).

Best of luck finding him! I would be surprised if Time Square didn't get a mass of MP's in, given how big and popular is, the problem will be getting it before the other fans and tourists in NYC do.
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 851
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby megatronus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Erailea wrote:
megatronus wrote:Just called my local TRU - Times Square, NY. They said they won't be getting in for another month.

I don't know if they arrived but sold out super quick, or if TRU just hates the East Coast. I feel like this crappy distribution is a very consistent occurrence.

:-(


That TRU is a royal pain in the butt. They have such a huge Transformers section and yet I can never find anything of interest there :/ Maybe I just have bad luck, but it's rather absurd how they still have 100+ DOTM figures hanging on the wall and their "newer" segment is, unsurprisingly, filled with the same figures that warm shelves everywhere else... just in far greater mass *sigh*

I think the only time I got lucky with that store was when the first wave of Prime FE's came out. But I also hit it early in the morning (like 6:30 or 7am, when they were opening early for the X-mas season that year).

Best of luck finding him! I would be surprised if Time Square didn't get a mass of MP's in, given how big and popular is, the problem will be getting it before the other fans and tourists in NYC do.


They can be bad sometimes, but I've also been very, very lucky.

I got my 2 Hasbro MP-10s from the Times Square store. I called everyday for 2 weeks asking after it, and the guest services associate began to recognize me. When they received the only 2 pieces that came into that store, she was kind enough to fend off the back room employees who were going to keep them for themselves and put them aside for me. I was so grateful.

The downside is, of course, that because of the aforementioned DOTM shelf warmers, they often get things in a month or two later than other stores. So it goes.

I'm keeping tabs on the 2 TRUs close to my folks house in central NJ. I've learned their delivery schedules (more consistent than Times Square for sure), and it's just a matter of following up the morning of. Hopefully I'm in for some luck :D
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2683
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby cybertronprime1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:30 am

I called a Toy R Us in the Chicagoland area last night and they had 1 left and held it for me. I also learned last night the TRU in Bloomingdale, Il has 1 left. So call ahead and they will, hopefully, hold it for you.
cybertronprime1
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:11 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
reluctantyouth wrote:I went to my local TRU and guess what was waiting for me!?!...Two count them TWO MP Soundwaves for BOGO 50% off :grin: I have two in my possession for the unbeatable price of $194.83 :x $119.99+$59.99+$14.85 Tax= Total :CON: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :CON: One will be staying in the box and the other will be opened


This is the biggest problem with finding him right now - I'm not knocking your good financial sense (as an MP Soundwave for $60 is INSANE 8-} :michaelbay: ), but everyone is thinking what you're thinking, and that means doubles for the few, zero's for the many! :roll:

I'm really hesitant to post any "sightings" on this guy. What's to stop the poachers from reading these posts and eBaying the benefits??? :BANG_HEAD: If these threads (and sightings) were locked down to "members-only", I'd feel better about the whole thing.

But MP Soundwave is just too hot. IMO, reporting his location is like saying, "And oh yeah, there were a couple of $100 bills in the aisle. So if anyone wants to pick them up, go to ____ location". #-o And I'm being conservative - I haven't even checked the scalper prices on eBay!

Big thanks to those posters who reported their findings and locations, however. I'm glad to hear you guys grabbed the last ones (better you than the poachers!), and I'm inspired to look for myself. I wonder how many phone calls these TRU's are fielding, regarding MP Soundwave! :lol: When I went in on Wed/Thurs of last week (Gurnee, IL), the electronics/video games guy heard the talk on his walkie and chimed in with clarification info (they didn't have any/not in system, so no way to track). Everyone seemed a bit bewildered, so this might just be one of their most popular items in a looooooooong time! :BOOM:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby atenciot » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:31 am

Got one at TRU in AZ.
atenciot
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby atenciot » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:40 am

I was able to find one in AZ, had to fight to get him as it was on hold for a TRU employee. After 20 minutes I was able to get him, last one though. Debating whether or not to open. Very tempting. My 20th Anniversary OP is still in the package.
atenciot
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Breakdown318 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Motto: "There's no one here to watch me..."
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Today I went on a hunt for one. I went to the Toys R Us in Aurora, IL and checked if they had any. They said a lot of Toys R Us got two and then sold out almost an hour after they got them :BOOM: . Then I called the Bloomingdale Toys R Us just to make sure there was none. To my surprise they had two but sold them to a collector who returned them because the box was damaged, and they had one left, but they might have shipped it back already so she went to check. She said they still had it and 40 minutes later, I had MP Soundwave in my hands. Thank you, collector who hates damaged boxes! :BOWDOWN:
Breakdown318
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Zero_Decade » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Motto: "Just passing through..."
Weapon: Sword
Seriously dislike my local TRU right now. Every time I go in, I get a different answer. First time was check next week, then it was check tomorrow. Now, they check the website, which I can do on my own free time, and say "it's not available in stores, we're not getting it". I almost want to pull this page up and say "apparently not". If they sold, fine. But some consistency from minimum wage workers might be too much to ask for. #-o
Zero_Decade
Mini-Con
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Seacoast NH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Zero_Decade wrote:Seriously dislike my local TRU right now. Every time I go in, I get a different answer. First time was check next week, then it was check tomorrow. Now, they check the website, which I can do on my own free time, and say "it's not available in stores, we're not getting it". I almost want to pull this page up and say "apparently not". If they sold, fine. But some consistency from minimum wage workers might be too much to ask for. #-o


You would think TOY employees might know a little better... but I get the serious impression that TRU corporate did a real sh*tty job explaining how popular this item was going to be. Or perhaps I give them too much credit: they probably have no idea how MP Soundwave is popular or why... :roll:

Again, the sad part is how the poachers will be making far more money of this toy than either TRU or Hasbro. If only there was a special field in business to help gauge demand and forecast sales.... OH YEAH! MARKETING! Oh, well! :BANG_HEAD: Tough economic times, so Hasbro had to slash at least ONE department.

Of course, the irony is that if you have to pay 3rd Party prices on eBay for Soundwave... well, you might as well be buying 3rd Party. At least those aren't a b*tch to secure! :BOOM:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby bouncer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 pm

I haven't had any luck with my Toys R Us in MD either..hopefully, I'll be able to get one sooner or later. If the prices continue to drop on e-bay, I may just pick one up there.
bouncer
Mini-Con
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Zero_Decade » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Motto: "Just passing through..."
Weapon: Sword
Metrosuplex wrote:
You would think TOY employees might know a little better... but I get the serious impression that TRU corporate did a real sh*tty job explaining how popular this item was going to be. Or perhaps I give them too much credit: they probably have no idea how MP Soundwave is popular or why... :roll:

Again, the sad part is how the poachers will be making far more money of this toy than either TRU or Hasbro. If only there was a special field in business to help gauge demand and forecast sales.... OH YEAH! MARKETING! Oh, well! :BANG_HEAD: Tough economic times, so Hasbro had to slash at least ONE department.

Of course, the irony is that if you have to pay 3rd Party prices on eBay for Soundwave... well, you might as well be buying 3rd Party. At least those aren't a b*tch to secure! :BOOM:


True enough. I refuse to pay any more than $120 for it though. We saw quite a few of Grimlock, Rodimus and even MP-10 eventually; it's just a matter of being in the store at the right time before they sell out. Which is why a firm date would be perfect, but again, too much to ask of TRU and Hasbro. :HEADHURTS:
Zero_Decade
Mini-Con
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Seacoast NH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Delicon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Anyone seen any in Eastern PA yet? I need a birthday present for myself lol
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Breakdown318 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Motto: "There's no one here to watch me..."
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Zero_Decade wrote:Seriously dislike my local TRU right now. Every time I go in, I get a different answer. First time was check next week, then it was check tomorrow. Now, they check the website, which I can do on my own free time, and say "it's not available in stores, we're not getting it". I almost want to pull this page up and say "apparently not". If they sold, fine. But some consistency from minimum wage workers might be too much to ask for. #-o

The workers at your Toys R Us must be a pain sometimes. The employees At my local Toys R Us (Bloomingdale,IL.) always look for stuff in the back/help us with items like masterpieces. I hope you find one eventually ;)
Breakdown318
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Zero_Decade wrote:True enough. I refuse to pay any more than $120 for it though. We saw quite a few of Grimlock, Rodimus and even MP-10 eventually; it's just a matter of being in the store at the right time before they sell out. Which is why a firm date would be perfect, but again, too much to ask of TRU and Hasbro. :HEADHURTS:


Well, Thundercracker was around for a bit. It's a question of whether or not Soundwave will stick to shelves. You'd think, "YES," as he's a full $40 over the typical MP price (at TRU)... but who knows? My local TRU's just recently dropped the Millenium Falcon price from $250 to $199.98. The issue there is the thing is HUGE. I have to believe very few people would pay $250 for an action figure vehicle... do they pay $120 for a TF?

Personally, I'm not a fan of "Hyuck! I hope the toy is there on my 15th visit! My fingers are crossed!"

Screw that noise. A "hunt" involves an attainable prize. Hunting a Loch Ness monster is just silly. Unless you're filming it for $$$. :ic$: (which would make for an interesting premise, should someone decide to do a documentary on bad distribution in retail).

Eventually, I think a lot of fans will move to 3rd Parties out of sheer frustration. And the 3rd Parties are increasing, so this whole idea of "put up with it, cause Hasbro has all the cards" is becoming more and more obsolete. :-?

I've been thinking about the shortages, and I think it's tied to Hasbro's factory leases/use. We know Hasbro has been cutting jobs and costs, right? Well, they must simultaneously be cutting factories out, as well. I'm seeing a business model that involves production runs long in advance of actual sales; in other words, Hasbro seems to have a business model that does not react to demand surges in the way you would hope it could. And that's bad for a company that is looking to cut costs - if they could only capitalize on this demand, and in a timely manner, I think the TF brand would benefit and see higher quality toys on shelves.
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Zero_Decade » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Motto: "Just passing through..."
Weapon: Sword
I agree with you on the cost cutting causing shortages, which is a shame when there's a figure that you'd think someone would have said, "This is a popular character to fans, this may be a hot seller". I know as a business they can't run on assumptions, but maybe talking to Takara about import numbers of the Japanese version would have given them some idea.

As for large, expensive figures; the Millennium Falcons I remember sitting for a while, as well as some of the larger Power Rangers sets, and even some of the larger voyager TFs will sit on the shelves for a while, so it's kind of a coin flip.

RE: The 15th visit thing, the TRU is literally next door to my work, so it doesn't particularly cost me anything to go there and check. I can see where if it was out of my way and felt like a "hunt", that it would be even more frustrating.

Also, don't give me ideas on documentary topics: "hard to find figures and the people who spend way too much time looking for them" ;)

Breakdown318 wrote:The workers at your Toys R Us must be a pain sometimes. The employees At my local Toys R Us (Bloomingdale,IL.) always look for stuff in the back/help us with items like masterpieces. I hope you find one eventually ;)


Thanks! It's also probably the fact that I get stuck with the people who I can tell don't really want to be there, and especially don't care about Transformers. Naturally they wouldn't want to do more than the absolute minimum.
Zero_Decade
Mini-Con
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Seacoast NH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby reluctantyouth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:49 am

Metrosuplex wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:I went to my local TRU and guess what was waiting for me!?!...Two count them TWO MP Soundwaves for BOGO 50% off :grin: I have two in my possession for the unbeatable price of $194.83 :x $119.99+$59.99+$14.85 Tax= Total :CON: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :CON: One will be staying in the box and the other will be opened


This is the biggest problem with finding him right now - I'm not knocking your good financial sense (as an MP Soundwave for $60 is INSANE 8-} :michaelbay: ), but everyone is thinking what you're thinking, and that means doubles for the few, zero's for the many! :roll:

I'm really hesitant to post any "sightings" on this guy. What's to stop the poachers from reading these posts and eBaying the benefits??? :BANG_HEAD: If these threads (and sightings) were locked down to "members-only", I'd feel better about the whole thing.

But MP Soundwave is just too hot. IMO, reporting his location is like saying, "And oh yeah, there were a couple of $100 bills in the aisle. So if anyone wants to pick them up, go to ____ location". #-o And I'm being conservative - I haven't even checked the scalper prices on eBay!

Big thanks to those posters who reported their findings and locations, however. I'm glad to hear you guys grabbed the last ones (better you than the poachers!), and I'm inspired to look for myself. I wonder how many phone calls these TRU's are fielding, regarding MP Soundwave! :lol: When I went in on Wed/Thurs of last week (Gurnee, IL), the electronics/video games guy heard the talk on his walkie and chimed in with clarification info (they didn't have any/not in system, so no way to track). Everyone seemed a bit bewildered, so this might just be one of their most popular items in a looooooooong time! :BOOM:


I totally agree with you about members only postings. I just couldn't believe sandwiched between all the old DOTM crap were 2 MP Soundwaves after 4 pm in the afternoon...that is insane 8-} . There are not too many Transformer collectors in my area, mostly Hotwheels and McFarlane Sports, but there is a good size comic book store and I see those guys often rummaging for all kinds of HTF stuff. I do not think the employees in my area knew anything about the figure and looked perplexed with how excited I was to get the 2. I hate scalpers...drives me nuts. I hope Gurnee gets them in soon. I checked back at my TRU last night and there was still a big gaping hole where my figures had been. I picked up Ironhide and Starscream Construct Bots...kind of cool little guys. I had to color in Starscream's helmet with a sharpie though. :-B :CON:
reluctantyouth
Minibot
Posts: 172
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby 009* » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:18 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Okay I checked a store not even a half hour after it opened and they said they were sold out in five minutes. I get Soundwave, but Acid Storm too? Why is Hasbro releasing this guy in such small shipments?
User avatar
009*
Headmaster
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:38 pm
Firepower: 10

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The store I got mine from said they only received one case of the mp sw. I was wondering why the low numbers too.
Attachments
20130726_134847.jpg
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18597
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby tmk9883 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:16 pm

I modified my work schedule to hit up the closest TRU and walked away rather disappointed. There were none on the shelf and of the two they go it, one was put on layaway by an employee and the other one was on reserve to resolve a customer service issue.

I then called a store that was close to work and was told that someone just walked out with the two they had.

Ill try hitting up them up tomorrow at opening just cause and after that, forget it.
tmk9883
Fuzor
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 am
Buy from tmk9883 on eBay

Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Sighted at Retail

Postby Spleenzorio » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Since I'm in Canada, I won't even bother. We will probably see him around Christmas time :\
User avatar
Spleenzorio
Fuzor
Posts: 227
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 am
Location: London, Ontario
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion