Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby datguy86 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Well gents, this is it for my waiting around. Got to do actual work at work now. Good luck to anyone still waiting if they do go up this afternoon.


1:15PM EST. I'm done. Try again tomorrow as I doubt they'll go up now.


Makes sense. I perused the last few years of forum and the toys started on Monday and have been released a day later each progressive year.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
datguy86 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Well gents, this is it for my waiting around. Got to do actual work at work now. Good luck to anyone still waiting if they do go up this afternoon.


1:15PM EST. I'm done. Try again tomorrow as I doubt they'll go up now.


Makes sense. I perused the last few years of forum and the toys started on Monday and have been released a day later each progressive year.


Same time as tomorrow? Between 11AM-12PM EST?
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3412
News Credits: 39
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby datguy86 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
datguy86 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Well gents, this is it for my waiting around. Got to do actual work at work now. Good luck to anyone still waiting if they do go up this afternoon.


1:15PM EST. I'm done. Try again tomorrow as I doubt they'll go up now.


Makes sense. I perused the last few years of forum and the toys started on Monday and have been released a day later each progressive year.


Same time as tomorrow? Between 11AM-12PM EST?


Might wanna bump that time frame from 10AM - 1PM. Couldn't hammer that down, unfortunately.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
datguy86 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
datguy86 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Well gents, this is it for my waiting around. Got to do actual work at work now. Good luck to anyone still waiting if they do go up this afternoon.


1:15PM EST. I'm done. Try again tomorrow as I doubt they'll go up now.


Makes sense. I perused the last few years of forum and the toys started on Monday and have been released a day later each progressive year.


Same time as tomorrow? Between 11AM-12PM EST?


Might wanna bump that time frame from 10AM - 1PM. Couldn't hammer that down, unfortunately.


I'm getting up at 9AM to be safe
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3412
News Credits: 39
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Pigbeard » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
THEY'RE UP!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Pigbeard
Micromaster
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:36 am
Location: MI
Buy from Pigbeard on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby datguy86 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
So they're up on the store and cannot be bought.

Edit: Just had to log out and then back in. Weird. But bought. No GI Joe set, though.
Last edited by datguy86 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Log out and log back in. Don't know why I had to but once I did, I could check out.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1376
News Credits: 38
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Pigbeard wrote:THEY'RE UP!!!!!!!!!


Yes they are, and I'm the proud owner of SDCC Metroplex. No coupons work on this guy, or probably any of the exclusives.

Strange, I didn't see the GI Joe/TF crossover for sale. Did they not add any, or just out? *that's rhetorical*
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Those magic cards and Fett gone already. Those flew!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1376
News Credits: 38
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Pigbeard » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
necr0blivion wrote:
Pigbeard wrote:THEY'RE UP!!!!!!!!!


Yes they are, and I'm the proud owner of SDCC Metroplex. No coupons work on this guy, or probably any of the exclusives.

Strange, I didn't see the GI Joe/TF crossover for sale. Did they not add any, or just out? *that's rhetorical*

Yeah, I was about to call it quits and lucked out. Snagged Metroplex and Shockwave. I'm wondering if the Harmony Gold issue caused the removal of the GI Joe/TF crossover and POSSIBLY the delay in the items going up.
Image
User avatar
Pigbeard
Micromaster
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:36 am
Location: MI
Buy from Pigbeard on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Looks like I'm the only one that actually bought the Titan Guardians :-B
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1376
News Credits: 38
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Pigbeard wrote:I'm wondering if the Harmony Gold issue caused the removal of the GI Joe/TF crossover and POSSIBLY the delay in the items going up.


I read that crap earlier and thought it could be a possibility. Well, I don't have the extra funds for the set ATM anyways. I just don't like the idea of secondary market pricing. Consider the item is already a limited-run exclusive, people are trying to recoup funds for going to and attending SDCC, having to ship such a large package back to their home operations... so, once it gets to the end-buyer, we're gonna pay all that PLUS more shipping to get it in our anxious little hands.

I'll just be thankful I got Metro at a damn good price and say my day is much better for it.
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby youngku » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my ears.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
And of course, Metroplex is sold out. Now I don't feel so bad about paying $250 for him on eBay.
User avatar
youngku
Mini-Con
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:07 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Aaaaannnnndddd, Metroplex is out. Eh, I guess it saves me from having to explain the purchase to my accountant. (Read:wife)
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
ScottyP wrote:Looks like I'm the only one that actually bought the Titan Guardians :-B


I want them, but not high on my list. Maybe if they stick around for awhile I'll try in a month or so. In addition to normal preorders/purchasing, it was not a good idea to pick up some BotCon exclusives AND try to get some SDCC merch... :HEADHURTS:
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Agamemnon wrote:Aaaaannnnndddd, Metroplex is out. Eh, I guess it saves me from having to explain the purchase to my accountant. (Read:wife)


Hong Kong ACG-Con Exclusive Metroplex would like to have a word with your accountant...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23059&mode=retail
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Got Metroplex and the MTG set separately didn't want one to sell out and F with my order. but my poor Boba Fett went OOS during the final stages of my check out =/

sad the thing I wanted the most is the GI Joe crossover
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2410
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby El Duque » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
This year's SDCC 2013 Hasbro exclusives have been added to HasbroToyShop.com! Unfortunately the highly sought after Metroplex set is already sold out, but the Transformers Prime Shockwave's Lab and Transformers Titan Warriors 5-Pack are still available for the moment.

Shockwave's Lab - $49.99
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
necr0blivion wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Aaaaannnnndddd, Metroplex is out. Eh, I guess it saves me from having to explain the purchase to my accountant. (Read:wife)


Hong Kong ACG-Con Exclusive Metroplex would like to have a word with your accountant...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23059&mode=retail

Yeah, saw that. Price is a little stiff. I think I'll settle for the normal retail release.
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby mbd88prime » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
managed to snag one but it seriously sold out in the time it took to pay for it. BTW that comic2013 code for 10% off did not work

quick side note I noticed that the ACG con metroplex preorder, which is virtually identical to the SDCC metroplex, was still in stock at BBTS at the price of $250 while the SDCC metroplex was sold out at the price of $290...... LOL,WTF?

oh I almost forgot F#@K you scalper B#&CHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Last edited by mbd88prime on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
mbd88prime
Fuzor
Posts: 207
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: where I am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby HairyDawg » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm

I was fortunate enough to be checking the site at the end of a meeting at work and got lucky that they came online right as I was heading back to my office. I scored all 3 TF items and Boba Fett.

Boba Fett sold out first, then the Magic Gathering cards, then Metroplex, then Gem, then Deadpool figures. Surprised Shockwave's Lab is still available since it is one of the 30th anniversary items.
HairyDawg
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 am

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Yotsuyasan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Metroplex gone within half an hour? Not entirely unexpected, but damn, that's annoying. I've had the Hasbro website open in a tab for the last few days, refreshing a search for "Metroplex" every few (conscious) hours... And it still slipped through my fingers...

Ah well. Suppose I'll keep an eye on it just in case, and if no miracles happen, I'll settle for the retail version.
Image

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
User avatar
Yotsuyasan
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yotsuyasan wrote:Metroplex gone within half an hour? Not entirely unexpected, but damn, that's annoying. I've had the Hasbro website open in a tab for the last few days, refreshing a search for "Metroplex" every few (conscious) hours... And it still slipped through my fingers...

Ah well. Suppose I'll keep an eye on it just in case, and if no miracles happen, I'll settle for the retail version.

It was about 10-15 minutes for 'Plex to sell out...
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Was filming a review and had my phone on silent. Missed everything. I really wanted that Fett.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3412
News Credits: 39
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Yotsuyasan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Agamemnon wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:Metroplex gone within half an hour? Not entirely unexpected, but damn, that's annoying. I've had the Hasbro website open in a tab for the last few days, refreshing a search for "Metroplex" every few (conscious) hours... And it still slipped through my fingers...

Ah well. Suppose I'll keep an eye on it just in case, and if no miracles happen, I'll settle for the retail version.

It was about 10-15 minutes for 'Plex to sell out...


Which is, theoretically, within "half an hour."

I never understand why they would make something like this with such a limited quantity, and without a definitely announced sale time. Seems like a formula for pissing off the fanbase. I mean, I know that they shouldn't make an overly excessive amount where they will be stuck with unsold stock... But for such a high demand item, wouldn't they rather have our money by having us buy a more expensive version direct from them? Now everyone that missed out on this will have to settle for the retail version... Which costs less, and is sold through other people... So less money for Hasbro.

So... I guess... Shut up and take less of my money? Okay... Since I have no choice... If you insist, Hasbro, you can have less of my money.
Image

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
User avatar
Yotsuyasan
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion