This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Season Three DVD Release Date, 12/03/13

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Prime Season Three DVD Release Date, 12/03/13

Postby El Duque » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon has listed the release date for the Transformers Prime: Season 3 DVD and Blu-ray sets as December 3rd. Minimal details at the moment, just the aforementioned release date and prices, which is $13.95 for DVD and $17.48 for Blu-ray.

Transformers Prime: Season 3

Product Details
Format: Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Studio: Shout Factory Theatr
DVD Release Date: December 3, 2013

Transformers Prime: Season 3 [Blu-ray]

Product Details
Format: Widescreen
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Prime Season Three DVD Release Date, 12/03/13

Postby reluctantyouth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 am

That seems like a good price for a short season. If you cannot wait and have Netflix though...the complete season 3 has been on Netflix for at least a week as I have rewatched the entire thing! :D How Netflix got the episodes before the DVD is to be released is beyond me. :-? :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby missharleyquinn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 am

Excellent! Can't wait to finally have the whole set. Cheap too, I'm guessing Blu-Ray will be around $20-25 then, not bad. :D
missharleyquinn
Mini-Con

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
really cheap even for how short the season is. i dont expect any features. the other seasons had jack too. going to get that art book though.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby reluctantyouth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:35 am

The Blu Ray pre-order is up too for $17.48...again not bad for a short season
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Prim ... +3+blu+ray
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
If they make a complete series set with a whole bunch of new extras that weren't included in the season sets, I will erupt with anger. :BOOM:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bleak5170 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:16 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
I must admit I'm confused. Doesn't Predacons Rising take place after season 3? Yet it's coming out on Blu-ray before this is. Or am I completely wrong?
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:20 am

Bleak5170 wrote:I must admit I'm confused. Doesn't Predacons Rising take place after season 3? Yet it's coming out on Blu-ray before this is. Or am I completely wrong?
Yep, it takes place post-season 3. It's coming out first, though, because people are gonna wanna get their hands on it as soon as possible since it hasn't aired yet.

It's faster and less expensive to produce a one or two disc DVD set for a mere movie than it is to produce a big multi-disc season box set, so the movie's able to get released quicker.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bleak5170 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Bleak5170 wrote:I must admit I'm confused. Doesn't Predacons Rising take place after season 3? Yet it's coming out on Blu-ray before this is. Or am I completely wrong?
Yep, it takes place post-season 3. It's coming out first, though, because people are gonna wanna get their hands on it as soon as possible since it hasn't aired yet.

It's faster and less expensive to produce a one or two disc DVD set for a mere movie than it is to produce a big multi-disc season box set, so the movie's able to get released quicker.

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification. I'm one of those people who doesn't watch shows when their air - I always buy the Blu-ray when it comes out. I haven't even seen season 3 yet.

Do you know if Ratchet will be in Predacons Rising? I only ask because I know he stays behind in the last episode of season 3.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 am

Bleak5170 wrote:Do you know if Ratchet will be in Predacons Rising? I only ask because I know he stays behind in the last episode of season 3.
We know nothing outside of what's been shown in trailers or mentioned in Hasbro's press release synopsis for it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 am

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
:O

I must buy this, now!
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
News Credits: 25
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Can't wait to get this! No UK release date so I'm going to import.
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Amazon has revealed the cover for Transformers Prime on DVD and Blu-Ray. The cover features Optimus Prime in his new Beast Hunters body, Megatron and Predaking in his beast mode. The release date remains December 3.

Format: Widescreen

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm

That sure is some barren wasteland they're all standing on.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Superwheeljack » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
That cover looks so much better than the Predacons rising one and the first 3 episodes cover.
Not a bad cover.
I'll definitely be picking this up. Maybe then my computer's storage would go down.
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
TBH these covers suck. They scream kids show with their simple character shots on a simple background, like it's some 3D demo reel. Look at your video game covers, and some movie covers, which are so much more creative in trying to psych you out to watch the show. Maybe if they had some intense battle scene that is paused mid fight, or a ripped up looking cover with close ups of megatron, prime, and predaking just peeking through. Just a cover, but just my opinion.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby VirusCarnage » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 pm

OP with the Star Saber :O

MINDVVIPE wrote:TBH these covers suck. They scream kids show with their simple character shots on a simple background,

Well it kinda is a kids show.

like it's some 3D demo reel. Look at your video game covers, and some movie covers, which are so much more creative in trying to psych you out to watch the show.

I for one play 30+ new games a year and have never been psyched for that game by the cover.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Maybe if they had some intense battle scene that is paused mid fight, or a ripped up looking cover with close ups of megatron, prime, and predaking just peeking through. Just a cover, but just my opinion.

I feel that that would be too easy for them to do, I could go right now and get a screen shot of any episode, any scene in that episode assuming you could describe it correctly and I could post it here in 5 minutes or less. Anyway I honestly think this is the best cover they have come up with for Prime, much better then the Season 1 box art IMO.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:TBH these covers suck. They scream kids show with their simple character shots on a simple background, like it's some 3D demo reel.
A) This is a kids show, and B) name one Transformers cartoon DVD set cover that doesn't do the same thing (excluding those that just have the show title logo over a near-featureless background).

MINDVVIPE wrote:Look at your video game covers, and some movie covers, which are so much more creative in trying to psych you out to watch the show. Maybe if they had some intense battle scene that is paused mid fight, or a ripped up looking cover with close ups of megatron, prime, and predaking just peeking through. Just a cover, but just my opinion.
The audiences of movies, video games, and children's cartoons are not all completely mutually exclusive.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
No **** it's a kid show (Sabrblade, you know I know that. Why would you suggest I didn't?) Doesn't mean it has to be dull as a stump.
Still Transformers, yet way more kickass, as there's a supposed action scene. Obviously I didn't want a simple screen shot of a battle scene taken right from the show, that would be stupid. I just said that its boring, and could be much more awesome with some creativity, rather than essentially taking the cg models, posing them in neutral poses, and putting them on a regular random background that doesn't even look to have any of the environments from the show visible in them.
Look at that, some actual art that isn't just a CG shot of the game.
Another great example. That's the end fight scene, but its framed to capture the excitement of watching it.
Obviously you don't get all psyched about something from the cover alone (or maybe at all), but it's definitely a sign of work and effort when I look through my collection of whatever, and see a nice preview of the action packed craziness (or at least some level of effort beyond what you get when you pop the disc in). Anyway, it barely matters at all, and is just my opinion. If it satisfies you, great.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:Image
That's still a bunch of generic action-posed marketing stills grouped together like all the Prime DVD covers are ()this one even has the art of the season 1 and season 2 volume 1 covers repeated in the background instead of using something more original and creative to fill out the background behind Soundwave/Ravage/Blaster).

MINDVVIPE wrote:I just said that its boring, and could be much more awesome with some creativity, rather than essentially taking the cg models, posing them in neutral poses, and putting them on a regular random background that doesn't even look to have any of the environments from the show visible in them.
Now that I can agree with. Not to mention the overall gloomy atmosphere evoked by this cover, which is similarly off-putting.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby NovaSentinel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:01 am

Motto: "If I were a muffin, i'd be blueberry"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I find it funny that Optimus never once touched the Star Saber throughout the entirety of season 3, and yet the only official image of his new body shows him holding it :HEADHURTS:
Transformers Energon is everyone's guilty pleasure. Go on. Admit it.
NovaSentinel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Watch NovaSentinel on YouTube
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:12 am

NovaSentinel wrote:I find it funny that Optimus never once touched the Star Saber throughout the entirety of season 3, and yet the only official image of his new body shows him holding it :HEADHURTS:
And it's tiny. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby VirusCarnage » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 am

Speaking of the Star Saber, I'm going to like break 2 BH Voyager Optimus' is he doesn't use it in Preds Rising.

NovaSentinel wrote:I find it funny that Optimus never once touched the Star Saber throughout the entirety of season 3, and yet the only official image of his new body shows him holding it :HEADHURTS:

Yeah, I'm not sure if Hasbro does this one purpose or not now, they also had that image around 'Rebellion' that showed BH Optimus with the Star Saber.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 am

and now we wait for the inevitable news of a complete series collection....
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON