This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

No Dino or Sideswipe in Transformers 4: Age of Extinction?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

No Dino or Sideswipe in Transformers 4: Age of Extinction?

Postby El Duque » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
No Dino or Sideswipe in Transformers: Age of Extinction? A member of Michael Bay's official Shoot for the Edit forum recently posed a question regarding their return in the upcoming film to which site admin nelson replied as follows:

Moy wrote:Michael or Nelson, will you no longer give roles to either Sideswipe or Dino? Dino/Mirage had great potential and had one of the best Autobot design.

nelson wrote:Correct.

Others went on ask if their disappearance will be explain, but so far no replies. Like most things at this point in the game, this should be taken with a grain of salt. However, neither of their previous vehicle modes have been on set.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: No Dino or Sideswipe in Transformers 4: Age of Extinction?

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ah the ol' Skids and Mudflap treatment
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
MasterSoundBlaster
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I want to say "that's a shame", but neither of them really did anything.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby EagleTron » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:48 am

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
I don't mind at all that those two will not be in the movie. There is only enough space for a certain amount of characters and I much rather see Grimlock, Blurr, Drift, the pagani the lamb and that new corvette. I also don't mind that Decepticon that's suppose to be in the movie. That bad guy has a lot of tricks up his sleve.
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I can't say this surprises me...and by "this" I mean Nelson or Bay being vague about things. Nelson's one-word response that doesn't explicitly answer either question posed is mildly annoying. But as neither the Ferarri or the Corvette Stingray concept has been spotted anywhere, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mirage or Sideswipe doesn't appear. And while Mirage's voice actor passed away shortly after the film came out, it doesn't mean that's the end of Mirage/Dino. Sideswipe had a new voice actor for the third movie.

There are a few characters that have disappeared in films, not to surface again. FOr instance, most infamously, in the first movie Barricade disappears (though to be fair, he does surface in the third movie). In the second movie, Arcee and Elita-1 are shown to be shot down by Decepticons, while Chromia takes cover behind a building, but that's the last we see of her. Skids and Mudflap disappear without a trace after they fight Devastator. Jolt combines Jetfire's remains with Optimus, but that's the last he's seen.

It's only in ancillary media that anyone finds out why they go missing. The writers and/or producers of the movies state that all three bike sisters were killed (though the comic books take a different tack and show them all as alive). Skids and Mudflap were actually cut from the third movie, and in the comic adaptation, they are both killed (along with Ironhide) attacking Sentinel Prime when he goes on his rampage. The comics also show that Jolt was killed during events that occur between movies.

So it's not implausible that even if Mirage/Dino and SIdeswipe aren't in AOE, we'll find out why via other means, given that there's a very low likelihood it'll be explained in the movie itself.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 374
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Bleak5170 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:18 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
No explanation of their absence doesn't surprise me at all. I guess we probably won't be seeing Ratchet either.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Lemme guess: nelson will later have a hissy-fit, saying that he only said it as a joke, and that people should stop taking things so seriously. >:oP
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:10 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
looks like we have another barricade on our hands, theyll vanish then fans will bitch then bay will throw them in a movie for 5 seconds just to get their heads shot off.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby AutobotNance » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:22 am

That is bull ass.
AutobotNance
Mini-Con

Postby YRQRM0 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 am

Couldn't care less about Dino. Sideswipe on the other hand is pretty cool, would like to see him and Jolt again.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6

Postby Mirage22 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am

Well, Sideswipe was always a great character to me, and I wanted to see so much more of Dino, but I know it is likely that they will not appear. Along with Ratchet. He progressively got less lines as the movies went by so the medic might be retired as well. But with all of the cars we've seen on set, and now with the Dinobots added into the mix, we'll have a lot new characters to enjoy so it's not that big of a loss.
Mirage22
Minibot

Postby EunuchRon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:39 am

Motto: "That which does not kill us sure leaves a mark."
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Don't forget that the whole reason the movies exist is to SELL TOYS - the same as the cartoon series and original animated movie with the inspiration for my namesake. The more new characters they introduce, the more toys they'll sell. Then they'll keep a core "favorite" set of characters, such as Bumblebee and Optimus, and make 3,427,962 different versions of them as well.

I was disappointed that Dino never had a toy and that the US market got shafted on Que and Leadfoot. I had to scrape up a Takara version of Leadfoot to get all three deluxe wreckers. Sure they had the Human Alliance version, along with Roadbuster, but no HA Topspin in ANY form and no deluxe Leadfoot in the US was a letdown. I wish they'd be consistent. If it's available in Japan it should be available in the US, and if you have members of character groups or teams in one line you should have all of those characters available.
EunuchRon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Planet-eating Gas Giant
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: ???

Postby dragons » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:52 pm

MasterSoundBlaster wrote:Ah the ol' Skids and Mudflap treatment

Forgot arcee 2 died at end of fallen 3rd one lived
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby RazorSlash92 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm sure their disappearances will be explained, just like Jolt, Skids, Mudflap, and Barricade.

Oh wait...
RazorSlash92
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby OptiMagnus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
The only one I'll mind is Sideswipe, but I always welcome new characters. It makes both the film and the toy line less redundant.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Mykltron » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
It doesn't make sense that characters just disappear, but I know there won't be an explanation.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby RhA » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Dino will not return? Oh, dear. I might not like the movie anymore, then. Seeing as he was such a driving force behind the plot, I doubt TF4 will be worth viewing at all.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Optimus_Prime007 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Motto: "Prime...Optimus Prime"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
RazorSlash92 wrote:I'm sure their disappearances will be explained, just like Jolt, Skids, Mudflap, and Barricade.

Wasn't Barricade in the Execution/Trophy scene during DOTM? He was around Soundwave and the lot of them. I think when Prime showed up he got sliced in half while he was landing and kicking ass.

Sucks that Dino and Sideswipe won't be in the film. Not having Ratchet present at all is a real kick in the face. He is a more core character just as Prime, Bee, and Ironhide are.
Master Of Ownage
Optimus_Prime007
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby TurboMMaster » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Considering that Dino was the only Bot in first three movies that seems to fit he's designed bad ass role at all!!

About Sideswipe: I simply don't care about him, i just hope we see he's death in one of the official prequels.

Optimus Prime007 wrote:I think when Prime showed up he got sliced in half while he was landing and kicking ass.
According to Bay itself, Barricade was heavy wounded, yet he survived and was teleported back to Cybertron.
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Speed: 3
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Dino appeared in Dark of the Moon only, not the entire trilogy.

As for Barricade, I'm not sure where you heard that: Barricade was clearly killed by a human sniper round to the face at the climax of Dark of the Moon. If Bay says otherwise, then he is a lunatique.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
TurboMMaster wrote:
Optimus Prime007 wrote:I think when Prime showed up he got sliced in half while he was landing and kicking ass.
According to Bay itself, Barricade was heavy wounded, yet he survived and was teleported back to Cybertron.

I think you mean Shockwave.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:

Shockeave was killed as well.

All major Decepticons (Megatron, Starscream, etc.) were all killed. Autobots Que, Wheelie, and Brains were casualties as well.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:59 am

Mindmaster wrote:Dino appeared in Dark of the Moon only, not the entire trilogy.
So...?

Shockwave is really death, I don't see other way to undone this but by retcon.
Mindmaster wrote: Barricade was clearly killed by a human sniper round to the face at the climax of Dark of the Moon. If Bay says otherwise, then he is a lunatique.
Cybertron was clearly destroyed after Megatron defaet Sentinel, yet later it was estabilished that it was teleported back. Also Sentinel dose'nt look as bad as hee should after this battle...

I don't remember Snajper scene well, but I don't remember that Barricade was showed clearly death, he could be only blinded as well.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 am

TurboMMaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Dino appeared in Dark of the Moon only, not the entire trilogy.
So...?

You said that Dino appeared in all three films. He did not. Only in Dark of the Moon.

Shockwave is really death, I don't see other way to undone this but by retcon.

One word: Megatron.

Mindmaster wrote: Barricade was clearly killed by a human sniper round to the face at the climax of Dark of the Moon. If Bay says otherwise, then he is a lunatique.
Cybertron was clearly destroyed after Megatron defaet Sentinel, yet later it was estabilished that it was teleported back. Also Sentinel dose'nt look as bad as hee should after this battle...

It was never said or established that Cybertron was still around nor destroyed after the space bridge pillar was destroyed.

Sentinel Prime was definitely killed in Dark of the Moon.

I don't remember Snajper scene well, but I don't remember that Barricade was showed clearly death, he could be only blinded as well.

Also read Barricade's Dark of the Moon portion of his article.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:15 am

Mindmaster wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:
So...?

You said that Dino appeared in all three films. He did not. Only in Dark of the Moon.
I said that Dino is the only Autobot in trilogy that fits he's badass status. I really don't udnerstand how could yu interpreted this different way :lol:

Sentinel Prime was definitely killed in Dark of the Moon.
... By Optimus, but regardless he's crawling like scraplet, he dosen't look so bad, considering how heavily Megatron damage him with he's Fusion Shotgun during first seconds of fight.

Also read Barricade's Dark of the Moon portion of his article.
I can't find where Bay said that Barricade survved, so I concede that I can't prove it. So let itbe, Barricade is death.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEAFMEAT ALONE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Home Rangers meat grinder 2020"
LEAFMEAT ALONE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 DROPKICK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New"
Series 4 DROPKICK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING CHEATS Transformers BotBots Series 4 Magic Tricksters 2020 deck of cards"
KING CHEATS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE CORN CRUSADER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos purple corn 2020"
THE CORN CRUSADER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRIVER TED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades motorcycle arcade 2019"
DRIVER TED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUMBEATS Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 drum kit set"
DUMBEATS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAJOR LEE SCREWGE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 power drill"
MAJOR LEE SCREWGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTERHEAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob drumset drum kit 2019 Hasbro"
BATTERHEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PREDAKING Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Combiner Hasbro 2013 New"
PREDAKING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OVER Transformers BotBots Series 1 LOST BOTS 2018 Hasbro Video Controller"
GAME OVER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PERFUMIGATOR Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers perfume bottle 2019"
PERFUMIGATOR Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERBOLT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
SILVERBOLT Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON