This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7)

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7)

Postby El Duque » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has shared the first two pages in their TFSS 2.0 preview comic via their Facebook page! Check out the mirrored preview pages below, which feature Rhinox and Heinrad:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7)

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
HEINRADDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:

BEST. TF. EVER. :DANCE:

It would be pretty :SICK: SICK :SICK: if Takara did a Generations version: I'm thinking, let's go FULL ALARM CLOCK! :DANCE: And let's add a "project the time on the ceiling" feature, as pretty much every cheap toy alarm clock has that now. :-?

Well, even if it wasn't a functioning clock, I'd love to see another Tanooki 'Former! :lol: YES! :DANCE: (FunPub, MAKE IT HAPPEN! Ehhh... as long as you don't take some random car and paint it brown, and call THAT Heinrad. Future lame. :SICK: )
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby toddstarz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:14 am

Motto: "I'm just a soldier..."
Weapon: Electro-Magnetic Rocket Launcher
which line is the white magnus next to city commander comes from?
toddstarz
Micromaster
Watch toddstarz on YouTube
Buy from toddstarz on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby durroth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:04 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Not gonna lie, I'll be a bit annoyed if Heinlad is the last TF2.0 figure. Mainly because I'm building my own custom heinlad right now and it looks nothing like the one in that comic, and I want the one in the comic now T.T

Todd: Not sure, but I think it's SUPPOSED to be knuckles mcjerkface (RID Magnus)
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:56 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Is... is this the first official multiversal encounter with the Aligned continuity? :shock:

If so, looks like that's Aligned Ironfist instead of a G1 version.

toddstarz wrote:which line is the white magnus next to city commander comes from?
It might be Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus (the 2001 guy, not the Prime RID guy).

Though, City Commander isn't in there. Fun Pub wouldn't put a third-party toy design in their comics.

durroth wrote:Not gonna lie, I'll be a bit annoyed if Heinlad is the last TF2.0 figure. Mainly because I'm building my own custom heinlad right now and it looks nothing like the one in that comic, and I want the one in the comic now T.T
Looks like it's just regular old Beast Wars Neo Heinrad with no changes, which Fun Pub wouldn't do, so I don't think Heinrad is a TFSS 2.0 figure (unless he gets a new body from a new toy design).

EDIT: Took me a sec to realize that that isn't the original BWNeo Heinrad mold, so... who knows.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby toddstarz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am

Motto: "I'm just a soldier..."
Weapon: Electro-Magnetic Rocket Launcher
my bad, I forgot about that. there seem to be another mammoth magnus at the back tight. or inferential?
toddstarz
Micromaster
Watch toddstarz on YouTube
Buy from toddstarz on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Courage: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 am

toddstarz wrote:my bad, I forgot about that. there seem to be another mammoth magnus at the back tight. or inferential?
Yeah, there are definitely two Ultra Mammoths in there. Who knows what universe the other one hails from (or either of them, since they both could also not be the same guy as the Classics/BWSG character). ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Flashwave » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:46 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Ya'll are gonna Hate me, but I bet if someone painted a clock on a generations Wreck Gar and gave him a new head, you'd have the waist up proportions of a transTech Heinlad. And I bet we can count on FunPub to blame his futuresight abilities on television signal radiation and the degredation from it broadcasting across Space and Time...
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Flashwave wrote:Ya'll are gonna Hate me, but I bet if someone painted a clock on a generations Wreck Gar and gave him a new head, you'd have the waist up proportions of a transTech Heinlad. And I bet we can count on FunPub to blame his futuresight abilities on television signal radiation and the degredation from it broadcasting across Space and Time...

F*ck me, you're right! :BANG_HEAD: I can see the Wreck-gar body now! :lol: Weeeeeeell, not too bad, right? :roll: As long as they find a way to put a clock on his chest, I'd be down for a Heinrad as part of the TFSS2.0! In fact, I'd buy in just for Heinrad/Heinlad! :DANCE:

But I have doubts about whether or not they could change the chest, and without the clock, it would feel cheap and lame. But the Generations Wreckgar mold is one of my favorite new ones, so I wouldn't mind that alt mode at all! :APPLAUSE:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby TulioDude » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Barricade is such a badass. :x
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

Wrecker's upper body is of a different design with different molding details than what we can see of that Heinrad design:

If Fun Pub wanted to use that mold, chances are they would have drawn Heinrad's body exactly as that mold. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ILL-Star » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
That Heinrad design actually resembles Generations Sandstorm with those big fans/wheels on his back. His more box shaped head even resembles Sandstorm's.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Speed: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm

ILL-Star wrote:That Heinrad design actually resembles Generations Sandstorm with those big fans/wheels on his back. His more box shaped head even resembles Sandstorm's.

Sandstorm's got too many more details.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 pm

I like Heinrad. I also think that he has the oddest/coolest name in transformerdom. There isn't another like it that's for sure.

Make a figure now please.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 pm

This is all pretty subjective. I still think the Wreckgar mold is pretty close to what we see. Sandstorm? A) He's a Voyager (and FunPub mentioned they're not doing that), and B) Not really similar at all (wheels are oriented differently in shoulders).
The Heinrad head looks pretty Wreckgar to me (or Junkbot).

Sabr, do you have a reference for claiming they would have drawn him MORE like Wreckgar? :-)
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 pm

What does he transform into in this continuity?
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby ILL-Star » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
Sabrblade wrote:Sandstorm's got too many more details.

I never said it was the Sandstorm design. I simply meant that they share some similarities. I don't have any expectations on Fun Pub making him. However, if they did plan on it in the future, they wouldn't necessarily design his comic appearance based on the mold they plan on keeping a secret for a future reveal.
Metrosuplex wrote: Sandstorm? A) He's a Voyager (and FunPub mentioned they're not doing that)

Wouldn't have to be through the TFSS. It could be Botcon. Besides, I really don't think we'll see him soon if ever.
ILL-Star
Fuzor

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Why do all characters have to resemble a toy according to you guys?! Can't FunPub introduce characters without any intention of making toys out of the guy? :???:

*ahem* Nice to see Barricade acting like a cop, even if he is a slightly messed up one. Love the "You have the right to scream for mercy" quote.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Yweggo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 pm

RiD Mags is the only one (whose hand I can see) who doesn't have a Matrix.

Heh heh heh heh heh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Primus apotheosis is my new favorite thing.
Yweggo
Minibot

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:38 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Why do all characters have to resemble a toy according to you guys?! Can't FunPub introduce characters without any intention of making toys out of the guy? :???:

*ahem* Nice to see Barricade acting like a cop, even if he is a slightly messed up one. Love the "You have the right to scream for mercy" quote.

Fiction/cartoons/movies = vehicle for selling toys :roll:

As someone who buys toys of said fiction, it's hardly fair to ask why we'd expect Heinrad to get a new toy. :evil: Or maybe some of us just want a new Heinrad toy so much that we neglect little details such as, "not all characters in the fiction get a toy". :lol:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Metrosuplex wrote:Sabr, do you have a reference for claiming they would have drawn him MORE like Wreckgar? :-)
How 'bout the simple fact that they would have drawn him to unquestionably resemble an obvious and existing toy design if they wanted to promote a new Heinrad toy?

It's like JelZe said, not every character Fun Pub makes or uses has to be made from a toy design or made into a toy. TransTech Rhinox here, for example, has a design that doesn't use the look of any existing toy mold (though it does take some visual cues from the Cybertron Landmine design, but with plenty of creative liberties to not fully be that design). Nor is it based off a canceled Transtech toy design since there was no Rhinox in the old Transtech toyline plans.

To cite another example, "Dawn of Future's Past" created a pre-Earth design for Terrorsaur that didn't use the design of any existing toy mold design from that time.

Creating new designs for characters that aren't based on toy mold designs is just a common practice for Fun Pub, and IDW practically thrived on non-toy designs for years (until Hasbro decided to turn some of them into toys as of this year). ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:Sabr, do you have a reference for claiming they would have drawn him MORE like Wreckgar? :-)
How 'bout the simple fact that they would have drawn him to unquestionably resemble an obvious and existing toy design if they wanted to promote a new Heinrad toy?

It's like JelZe said, not every character Fun Pub makes or uses has to be made from a toy design or made into a toy. TransTech Rhinox here, for example, has a design that doesn't use the look of any existing toy mold (though it does take some visual cues from the Cybertron Landmine design, but with plenty of creative liberties to not fully be that design). Nor is it based off a canceled Transtech toy design since there was no Rhinox in the old Transtech toyline plans.

To cite another example, "Dawn of Future's Past" created a pre-Earth design for Terrorsaur that didn't use the design of any existing toy mold design from that time.

Creating new designs for characters that aren't based on toy mold designs is just a common practice for Fun Pub, and IDW practically thrived on non-toy designs for years (until Hasbro decided to turn some of them into toys as of this year). ;)

Ehhhh, sounds like you have more proof of fiction inclusions NOT getting toys (or conversely, not being designed as planned/existing toys), rather than proof of an accurate FunPub comic character that became a toy (which is what I was asking about).

My point is that this is subjective. >:oP Maybe it's not my place to say, or it was implied, but an "I think that..." or "my opinion is..." header seems appropriate here. From a historical point of view, you may be right, but that's no guarantee FunPub has no plans for Heinrad (simply because we can't exactly pin his current incarnation on an existing mold). :-? And yes, I'm naively optimistic (I claimed Menasor would be in TF4).

I think the closer truth is that FunPub is throwing this character in and getting a feel for fan reaction - if people cheer, a toy is coming; if no one notices/cares, this character was never planned as a toy release. That's how I'd pick the next exclusive I made: fan-demand. (I'm secretly hoping someone at HasTakFunPub notices some demand from these threads - so maybe I'll just start throwing in a "HEINRAD YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" randomly in my posts hence forth! :lol: )

HEINRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Metrosuplex wrote:Ehhhh, sounds like you have more proof of fiction inclusions NOT getting toys (or conversely, not being designed as planned/existing toys), rather than proof of an accurate FunPub comic character that became a toy (which is what I was asking about).
Ah, so you're asking if there have been any character designs that Fun Pub created for their characters first that have later been made into toys by Hasbro, correct?

If so, then I can't think of any design Fun Pub made that Hasbro turned into a toy later. I'd have to think about this, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, with Fun Pub characters who get toys having designs based on existing designs Hasbro's already created. :-?

A very thought-provoking inquiry, though. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:Ehhhh, sounds like you have more proof of fiction inclusions NOT getting toys (or conversely, not being designed as planned/existing toys), rather than proof of an accurate FunPub comic character that became a toy (which is what I was asking about).
Ah, so you're asking if there have been any character designs that Fun Pub created for their characters first that have later been made into toys by Hasbro, correct?

If so, then I can't think of any design Fun Pub made that Hasbro turned into a toy later. I'd have to think about this, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, with Fun Pub characters who get toys having designs based on existing designs Hasbro's already created. :-?

A very thought-provoking inquiry, though. ;)

HAHAHA! :lol: :lol: Dude, I need to be clearer in my communiques, but it speaks volumes of your opinion of me when you assume I meant something as thought-provoking as that! :APPLAUSE: Although, I would add that I'm surprised you wouldn't just shoot the idea down, because, as you said, it's kind of preposterous for FUNPUB to make a character and Hasbro to pay enough attention as to turn it into a toy...

No, no - my real inquiry was much stupider (or at least AS stupid, IMO :roll: ). FunPub (using my limited knowledge here) uses Hasbro molds that Hasbro allows (due to not being in use). I was looking for some comic panels of a repaint toy they turned into a character (i.e. origin: Hasbro toy). That's what I'd expect.

But anyway, this debate has been put to rest (in a way) with MindMaster's post (in the newer TFSS2.0 reveal thread) about how HEINRAD is apparently based on Prime KnockOut. THUS, maybe the mystery figure after all????? :grin:

HEINRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Metrosuplex wrote:HAHAHA! :lol: :lol: Dude, I need to be clearer in my communiques,
Or maybe I just have poor reception. :oops:

Metrosuplex wrote:but it speaks volumes of your opinion of me when you assume I meant something as thought-provoking as that! :APPLAUSE: Although, I would add that I'm surprised you wouldn't just shoot the idea down, because, as you said, it's kind of preposterous for FUNPUB to make a character and Hasbro to pay enough attention as to turn it into a toy...

No, no - my real inquiry was much stupider (or at least AS stupid, IMO :roll: ). FunPub (using my limited knowledge here) uses Hasbro molds that Hasbro allows (due to not being in use). I was looking for some comic panels of a repaint toy they turned into a character (i.e. origin: Hasbro toy). That's what I'd expect.
This is a case of when the back-and-forth discussions here can sometimes turn out ironically more fun than intended to be. :lol:

But, yeah, I get the feeling of seeing an existing toy design used for a new/different character in a Fun Pub comic and expecting a toy to be made from it (Where's my Wings Universe Over-Run from Energon Bulkhead, Fun Pub?!!), but it seems that Fun Pub has gradually begun to stem away from that it recent years, with fiction-only Fun Pub character designs using existing toy mold design become increasingly rarer these days.

Though, that Heinrad is just in a generic Cybertronian body not taken from any existing toy. Dunno where Mindmaster heard of it being based on Prime Knock Out.

However, his speech does seem to be patterned a bit after The Doctor. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 Cvr G DC Comics 2023 0323DC053 135G LGY #900 (CA) Adams"
BATMAN #135 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #182 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220760 (CA) Stegman (W) Slott"
SPIDER-MAN #1 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #439 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #439 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #7 DC Comics 0223DC164 (A/CA) Brizuela (W) Deibert"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210956 (CA) Rahzzah"
SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #42 var Masterpieces Marvel Comics 2024 NOV230478 Hildebrandt"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230812 (CA) Bachalo"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0923DC074 139G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Schmidt"
BATMAN #139 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LORDS OF EMPYRE EMPEROR HULKLING #1 Marvel Comics 2020 FEB200784 (CA) Gleason"
LORDS OF EMPYRE EM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #30 var Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210674 (CA) Pichelli"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0923DC080 140F (W) Zdarsky (CA) Mattina"
BATMAN #140 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP220862 (CA) Romita Jr 240317A"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON