This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime Images

Postby El Duque » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted some new images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime. They expect to start shipping these guys out on the the 28th. Check out the images mirrored below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime Images

Postby mattyc1007 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 am

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
Looks like those Semi Knock-Off transformers that came out a few years ago, which also Part-Transformed. But those came with a small price tag and better licensed vehicles, cough* Land Rover Defender :D

I'd pick one up for the right price, I like my 4x4 Transformers :)

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby EagleTron » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
Not bad, not bad at all. I just might get this one. That alt mode looks good. I got to see how this figure turns out after a couple of months.
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The Alternity/Alternators lines might actually be cool if they expanded it beyond ugly Japanese vehicles. Why not a Hummer ? An Avalanche or an Escalade ? Just saying...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Manterax Prime » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:The Alternity/Alternators lines might actually be cool if they expanded it beyond ugly Japanese vehicles. Why not a Hummer ? An Avalanche or an Escalade ? Just saying...

An Escalade huh?
"Jesus Christ! "What?!" Quick! Get the Escalade! We're outta here!" - Family Guy

Imagine if the Escalade turned into Optimus.

Anyway, gotta admit, the head looks better than I initially thought.
Last edited by Manterax Prime on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DTR69 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Rated X wrote:The Alternity/Alternators lines might actually be cool if they expanded it beyond ugly Japanese vehicles. Why not a Hummer ? An Avalanche or an Escalade ? Just saying...

The Alternators line is American & Japanese vehicles. Corvette, Mustang etc. But I know you know that, I get what you are trying to say, but the world os bigger that Japan and America. There is an episode of American Chopper, the Tuttle family visits England, and one of them remarks, that he had no idea that Range Rover and Land Rover were Britich companoies. In fact Astin Martin, TVR and many more are all British and are way more deserving to be in the Alternity & Alternators line than any vehicle they have at the moment.
Anyway back to your comment, you said that the 4x4 that they have made prime is ugly, the fact that it is Japanese is neirther here nor there, as Japanese cars are proper nice, nissan gtr, mitsubishi evo, shall I go on?
Anyway, google Range Rover Evoque and I'm sure you will find that prime would look much better as an Evoque than any of the cars you have mentioned, not only is the design futuristic, but it's way above the ones you have mentioned, in fact the ones you have mentioned are poor imitations of Land Rovers and Range Rovers. G1 was mainly all european cars, and European cars are still where it's at today, it's a shame that there are only a few which get made into transformers now.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Nekoman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword

Alternators? Half of that line was American cars. Jeep Wrangler, Corvette, Ford GT, Mustang, Dodge Ram, Viper... That's not too bad especially when you consider how hard it was for them to negotiate with the car companies in the pre-movie era.

As for Alternity, it's a Japanese exclusive line, so it makes sense that most of the vehicles are Japanese cars.

DTR69 wrote:G1 was mainly all european cars, and European cars are still where it's at today, it's a shame that there are only a few which get made into transformers now.

Agreed, although that's mainly the fault of the European car companies. Most of them still don't want their cars being made into Transformers.

As for this figure, it looks pretty cool, but I wish it weren't OP. Pretty easy pass for me unless I catch it on sale.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby DTR69 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Nekoman wrote:

Alternators? Half of that line was American cars. Jeep Wrangler, Corvette, Ford GT, Mustang, Dodge Ram, Viper... That's not too bad especially when you consider how hard it was for them to negotiate with the car companies in the pre-movie era.

As for Alternity, it's a Japanese exclusive line, so it makes sense that most of the vehicles are Japanese cars.

DTR69 wrote:G1 was mainly all european cars, and European cars are still where it's at today, it's a shame that there are only a few which get made into transformers now.

Agreed, although that's mainly the fault of the European car companies. Most of them still don't want their cars being made into Transformers.

As for this figure, it looks pretty cool, but I wish it weren't OP. Pretty easy pass for me unless I catch it on sale.

Yeah I read that too, it was VW who strictly prohibited any ascociation with war violence et. Which makes me wonder how the Masterpiece Bumblbee is coming out. I was shockd to see Lambor etc. I would of thought the licenses were finished, or strictly for the original molds ie the g1 figures. Maybe there is a loop hole, or as the MP figures are based on the G1 figures the license still holds. I know licenses were not the complex barriers they are today. But it has caused some stupid compramises such as the reoval of windchargers exgaust pipe making the gun in the ALternator line.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Stormrider » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Is this the first yellow Prime?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Stormrider wrote:Is this the first yellow Prime?

No. A redeco of RID Prime back around the Unicron Trilogy era came out. It was an exclusive if I remember correctly. Garish looking, too.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby MagnetarPrime » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
Not a big fan of this figure, the vehicle mode looks fine and the best part in robot mode is the head sculpt,, why they can not choose a finer car,,, idk like a bugatti....
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Gonna get the red version! Looks awesome!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+

Postby TimothyR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:48 pm

mattyc1007 wrote:Looks like those Semi Knock-Off transformers that came out a few years ago, which also Part-Transformed. But those came with a small price tag and better licensed vehicles, cough* Land Rover Defender :D

I'd pick one up for the right price, I like my 4x4 Transformers :)

parts former? where do you get that from?

to me.. it looks like vehicle panels that you put on the figure.. which stay on when you transform it.

i could be wrong. but i don't see any parts-forming.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby RAcast » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it almost looks better without the car-shell bits? All black and trans-clear bits everywhere. And shoulder wheels!

Autobot032 wrote:

No. A redeco of RID Prime back around the Unicron Trilogy era came out. It was an exclusive if I remember correctly. Garish looking, too.

Gotta love Lemon Flavored Burning Justice. They did a yellow version of the spy changer mold too, for the Universe 1.0 line.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
RAcast wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think it almost looks better without the car-shell bits? All black and trans-clear bits everywhere. And shoulder wheels!

Autobot032 wrote:

Gotta love Lemon Flavored Burning Justice. They did a yellow version of the spy changer mold too, for the Universe 1.0 line.

Lemon Flavored Burning Justice... nice. lol
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:41 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It looks cool, but unless they either redeco it into Nemesis Prime or they make a Megatron to compliment him, it's a no-go from me.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby ausbot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:13 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Still want a Nemesis version.
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Courtesy of the Jungle we have quick in-package look at the grey version of Takara Tomy's newly released TF Cruiser Optimus Prime. All color variant outside of yellow and white are Toyota Japan Dealership exclusives. Customers who purchase an FJ Cruiser apparently receive an FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the same color of their actual vehicle. Due to stock levels and customer requests, it is highly likely that this won't always be the case.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
I always thought the FJ cruiser would have made an awesome movie-verse Gears or Beachcomber...either way these look like cool figs.
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
FJ Prime is the new Aveo Swerve?! :lol:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
BUYER BEWARE! Just have to say that I am extremely frustrated with FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime. One of mine is broken in two different spots now. Extremely frustrating! The right arm broke at the elbow joint and now one of the feet broke off while I was transforming it. I was going to give the figure the benefit of the doubt after the elbow joint broke yesterday, but now that the foot broke just now while I was transforming it, I'd say this thing is a POS. It's too small of a figure to have this intricate of a transformation. The plastic they used is not forgiving at all and just breaks when too much pressure is applied. Couple that with a unique transformation and you are bound to end up with a pile of parts. Urgh!

FYI ... after the elbow joint broke, I tried drilling a couple of holes in the arm to stick a pin through it but was unsuccessful in attempting to piecemeal it back together.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby El Duque » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Glad I decided to pass on this guy. I've been getting a lot pickier about my purchases as of late.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
El Duque wrote:Glad I decided to pass on this guy. I've been getting a lot pickier about my purchases as of late.

Very fragile cheap plastic. Cheap KO quality. I'm pissed especially now that he broke in two spots. My white one is now permanently superglued into robot mode so that I can finish this gallery of him that has taken up two full days when I could have been working on galleries for Super GT Megatron and Fortress Maximus or Masterpiece Prowl or Takara Metroplex. My second one that I did in the yellow one has not broken yet fortunately so I should be able to finish this gallery. I had more luck with GPS on Black Zarak!

I can't believe this is the type of product that Takara Tomy wants to give away to customers who purchase FJ Cruisers. If a very experienced consumer like myself who owns over 6,000 Transformers toys is having these types of problems, I can only imagine what type of problems the regular non Transformers consumer will have with these. It's an unfortunate way to introduce consumers to the Transformers brand.

It's a bummer too because I actually really was enjoying the figure, despite being smaller than Generations Trailcutter. The ability to choose what color you want the figure to be is a new concept to Transformers. I liked the idea a lot better than building Arms Micron Microns because there didn't seem to be any clips that were easy to break like the Microns. It was simply a matter of snapping on parts to complete your figure. It was a very satisfying experience, similar to the sense of joy I get when finishing applying stickers to a G1 figure.

Maybe I got a bad one, I dunno, but I don't think that I did. Once you have it in hands and try to transform it, you can see how easy it is to break these pieces.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime White and Yellow Versions

Postby Va'al » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Just a couple of days ago we were able to post some images from Takara Tomy about their recently released Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime. Seibertron.com is now happy to announce that two new galleries have been uploaded for the figure in its white and yellow variants! There have been a couple of complaints about this toy, so check out the discussion thread before you dive in. The retail version of FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime includes the main body plus panel pieces attached to sprues to complete the figure as yellow or white. Other color variations of this toy are apparently being given away at Toyota dealerships in Japan when a customer purchases a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. Click on the images below to view the full galleries!

FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime (White)

FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime (Yellow)

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime Images

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
He is tiny. :shock:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON