This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #80 "The Ultimate Pop-up Podcast"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #80 "The Ultimate Pop-up Podcast"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Join the Twincast B-Team as they pop-up into Episode #80! Yes, you read that right. #80! You might be asking yourself ... what happened to #79? Well, make sure you check back later this week for the debut of #79 which was pushed back so that we could time this episode with today's release of the Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe book.

This episode is hosted by Seibertron.com site owner Ryan Yzquierdo who is joined by Matthew Reinhart, Emiliano Santalucia, and Ben Kubasak. Pop-up paper engineer extraordinaire Matthew is the author and architect behind the Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe, Emiliano's beautiful artwork graces the pages of Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe, and Ben is one of Ryan's best friends, a fellow programmer, and a collector of Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Star Wars and Disney.

Episode #80 is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes within 24 to 48 hours of this news post.

Image Image Image Image

In this episode, we discuss a huge array of topics from Transformers, Masters of the Universe, My Little Pony, Star Wars and more! Here's a run down of our discussion ...

Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-up Universe (in-stores Tuesday October 29th, 2013)

Hasbro's official in-house Transformers bible known as the "Binder of Revelation"

Masters of the Universe - While Emiliano has done much official work for the Transformers brand over the past decade, he might be better known on the Internet as being a huge fan of Mattel's Masters of the Universe brand. Find out what Emiliano has to say about the vintage India "Leo Faker", Mantenna and more!

Rhinox and Waspinator - Emiliano designed these two upcoming Beast Wars toys that are getting a Transformers Generations release next month

Transformers Animated ... are these some of the best designed Transformers toys?

Peter Cullen ... is he being overused?

Ryan answers the question from Podcast #78 ... "Ironhide or Bulkhead?"

DC's take on the current Masters of the Universe comic book

Hasbro's problems with the G.I. Joe brand

Age of Extinction: rumored artwork of Optimus Prime riding Grimlock

Hasbro's execution of the My Little Pony brand

We cover some bragging rights at the end as well as a few other odds and ends. Enjoy this special edition of the Twincast / Podcast and make sure you check back later this week for our out-of-sequence Episode #79!

Thank you again for listening to the Twincast/Podcast. We hope you enjoyed this special bonus episode.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #80 "The Ultimate Pop-up Podcast"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Haven't listened yet, but I'll be swinging by B&N on my home to pick up a copy of the pop up book. Been waiting for this thing since its announcement. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Problems with the Joe brand? Hmmm, would've been interesting if you had a Joe guy on to discuss things, If only you knew one who was a desperate attention whore :grin:
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby xyl360 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Rhinox and Waspinator - Emiliano designed these two upcoming Beast Wars toys that are getting a Transformers Generations release next month
Emiliano, on behalf of myself and other avid Beast Wars fanatics a very heartfelt THANK YOU :D!!!!

Seriously, these are two of the best looking, most show accurate Beast Wars figures ever created, representing two of the most iconic characters from the series. You've done marvelous work and we are extremely grateful!
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
xyl360 wrote:most show accurate Beast Wars figures ever created,
Moreso than the Transmetals, IIs, or Fuzors? :???:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby xyl360 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:most show accurate Beast Wars figures ever created,
Moreso than the Transmetals, IIs, or Fuzors? :???:

Yep, because in those cases specifically, the show models were designed based on the toys to be accurate per Hasbro's orders (and they still missed the mark with at least some of the details, especially, sadly, Transmetal II Megatron due to the dead Diaclone style gimmick which virtually ruined his bot mode chest). If you need other examples:

• Optimal Optimus' chest guns which are always deployed (hated that so much that I removed them from the toy and broke the cockpit piece to move it higher up on his chest more like the show)
  • Silverbolt's wings cannot fold down like on the show
  • Tarantulas' fingernails/claws are supposed to be painted yellow/gold and they are eternally turned upward
  • Transmetal Megatron's VTOLs cannot deploy facing downward as on the show when in bot mode
  • Transmetal Rattrap's vehicle mode bits don't rotate around so that the large wheels are behind his shoulders (I modded mine, placing the wheels behind his shoulders in bot mode but sacrificed the transformation because of it) and he has no gun (thank you Shapeways and a creative individual who did me the solid of making one based on my request so that I could at last give him a proper gun like on the show)
  • Transmetal Cheetor's face is just wrong, not only in appearance but also color
  • Quickstrike's colors are off (paint fixed that)
  • Transmetal II Dinobot's articulation screws him up just a bit and the colors are off (especially his face) though paint fixed most of that (not articulation though)
  • Transmetal II Blackarachnia is way off as many of the colors are wrong (lack of paint apps mostly in bot mode), the shoulder bits are way too big on the toy (necessity of alt mode) and her face is jacked
  • Transmetal Rampage's crab legs don't place properly in bot mode without modding and many of his colors/paint are way off (he's red, not orange, though Takara fixed that) and his face is not painted correctly
  • Transmetal II Cheetor had several minor issues with the mold/articulation, but his main problem is the paint job/colors (too yellow, not enough spots, yellow instead of black claws, missing face paint etc.)

I'm listening to the podcast now and just heard some convo regarding GI Joe. I'm far from a huge GI Joe fan, however I must say that GI Joe: Renegades was one of the best cartoons in recent history IMO and was executed in an excellent way. It was fun, exciting, great characterization, excellent writing, dramatic, funny and had a good modern take on the entire concept (an evil corporation instead of a straight up terrorist organization with no apparent source of funding for some unlimited army :P). It's much easier to root for the Joes when they're the underdogs too and when even their own government is after them as they fight the bad guys and look to clear their names (A-Team style FTW :P). I really wish they'd chosen to continue that series with the "renegades" now rejoining the military in on their GI Joe team to go after the re-emerging Cobra and get them shut down. Even if they finished it off with nothing more than an animated movie/special where Cobra Commander plays out his "endgame" in retaliation for the renegades putting him out of business and the Joes having to participate in one final epic battle to end it once and for all, that would be sufficient for closure, but either way more of that story would be great.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby JackStraw » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
would you say I have a plethora of Ponies? :D

Great podcast as usual. Looking forward to checking out the book in person. Nice to hear from the artists involved. Love the MOTU discussion.

I think Matthew hit the nail on the head in terms of Hasbro being too PC with the whole Real American Heroes vs the Terrorist organization thing. TRU has almost an entire aisle of those no name cheap military figures and vehicles so I'm not sure what they are so afraid of. It's not like Cobra is stationed out of Carbombya or anything.

I would also add that despite the brand floundering right now, some of the classics figures released in the movie wave 3.5, like ultimate Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander are some of the nicest Joes to come out in a long time. That Storm Shadow might be my all time favorite.
JackStraw
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby joevill » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
I really enjoyed this episode. Loved hearing Matthew give Animated the love it deserves.
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON