This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Postby RhA » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
All three, please.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:03 am

shockblast2 wrote:As far as the others go I will buy all four. Even Goldbug or gold fart, or what ever his name is. I like Dreadwing too, even though I don't remember him except from Prime.

Is he a repurposed Bumblebee in the IDW books or is he a separate entity? Anyone with comic knowledge that can answer that?

Quick run down of Bumblebee's story in IDW:
- Bumblebee started out in the comics in his VW mode with a bit of modernized robot mode.
- Goldbug appeared as a separate character with a Cybertronian mode in a single comic (Spotlight: Metroplex, I think)
- Bumblebee was promoted to Autobot leader on Earth after All Hail Megatron (Optimus handed himself over to the US military as a sign of good faith).
- Bumblebee got scrapped saving the other Autobots, and he asked Wheeljack to rebuild him with a more powerful body (a hybrid of G1 and movie style), so his troops wouldn't endanger themselves protecting him.
- He was maimed when Megatron was reformatted, leaving Bumblebee dependent on a cane.
- He was restored to his cybertronian mode when they returned to Cybertron, as a sort of disarmament/put the war behind us/return to our cultural roots thing. He was fully repaired, but kept the cane (with a powerful concealed weapon) to make him more approachable, and less threatening, to Cybertron's NAILs (Non-Aligned Indigenous Lifeforms). (Starscream, Thundercracker, and many others also resumed their cybertronian modes, though some like the Dinobots, Rattrap, Cybershark, etc. refused.)
- When Megatron was reformatted again, he decided to make a particular show of mutilating the Autobot leader - Bumblebee. He generally mangled Bumblebee's cybertronian body, and crushed his face beyond repair.
- Megatron was defeated, but Wheeljack was left comatose, Ratchet was off-planet, and the Autobots (and the Decepticons) were exiled into the wilderness of Cybertron. Given minimal resources, their medic couldn't restore Bumblebee's body straight up, so he restored Bee to his Earth body using the parts that were still kicking around, and replaced his face with the non-anthropomorphic rig (which he notably, disconcertingly cannot 'feel').
- In sum, Goldfire is the badass war veteran Bumblebee who's soldiering on in spite of his grievous injuries.

Re: Dreadwing - He's based on a character from Generation 2, but in this, he's just a henchman of Shockwave that Shockwave upgraded using the design specs from reformatting Megatron (so a thug in the body of a WMD).

Other characters coming up are likewise tied into the comics - Waspinator was an Insecticon like Chop Shop, Ransack, etc., and might be immortal from a brief passage through the dead universe. He has the peculiar ability to command Titans, making him an important character. Rattrap was an Autobot that fought on a planet where everyone adopted beast modes, but now he's Starscream's ... protege? Starscream, as official ruler of Cybertron, is getting upgraded to his Armada body.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby 2scraplets1kup » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:04 am

HOLY **** HASBRO!! Do I see actual painted back lights on Skids? THE THRILLING 30 IS HERE FOLKS!!! THIS IS WHAT THEY MEANT!!! :lol: :P :APPLAUSE: :HEADHURTS: but seriously, that's some nice firepower he has.
2scraplets1kup
Mini-Con

Postby megatronus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Goldfire: I dislike the mold, but will get it anyway... the black stripe makes him a bit more acceptable in my book.

Dreadwing: I like this a hell lot more than Megatron. :DANCE:

Skids: This is possibly the best Autobot car since Jazz!! :APPLAUSE:
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby zwann » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:29 am

I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?
zwann
Micromaster

Postby megatronus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 am

zwann wrote:I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

Barricade is a good choice... but TFCC is doing that character in Subscription Service 2.0...

Classics Knockout?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
megatronus wrote:Barricade is a good choice... but TFCC is doing that character in Subscription Service 2.0...
As Prime Barricade, though. So there's still room for a Classics-style one. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:59 am

Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:Barricade is a good choice... but TFCC is doing that character in Subscription Service 2.0...
As Prime Barricade, though. So there's still room for a Classics-style one. ;)

I know it's a "Prime" Barricade - but even then, we know HasTak has been appropriating those molds for Classics. Just look at GDO Cliffjumper, Protoform X, Transmutate, Chromedome...

I was more referring to the fact that they're already giving Barricade a nod with TFSS, which means it's unlikely HasTak proper has a Barricade planned for the near future. That's not to say I wouldn't like to be surprised...
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby frogbat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Caelus wrote:Quick run down of Bumblebee's story in IDW:
- Bumblebee started out in the comics in his VW mode with a bit of modernized robot....
Re: Dreadwing - He's based on a character from Generation 2, but in this, he's just a henchman of Shockwave that Shockwave upgraded using the design specs from reformatting Megatron (so a thug in the body of a WMD).

Other characters coming up are likewise tied into the comics - Waspinator was an Insecticon like Chop Shop, Ransack, etc., and might be immortal from a brief passage through the dead universe. He has the peculiar ability to command Titans, making him an important character. Rattrap was an Autobot that fought on a planet where everyone adopted beast modes, but now he's Starscream's ... protege? Starscream, as official ruler of Cybertron, is getting upgraded to his Armada body.

Thnx for the summary... I find the comics and multiple timelines and 'verses to be too tiring to follow... Wouldn't mind a site tracing each character's handling in the various comics (with better than the info on the various wikis out there)

Re the toys I've just ordered Orion pax, hoist and trailbreakutter... Skids is a must have, his car mode isn't as vanny as the original but the robot mode looks great. At first all the weapons seemed a bit odd when I recall his g1 portrayal, but then I remembered the toy.. Came with quite a few weapons, some of which were quite difficult to attach.

Dreadwing and goldbug... I don't car for the characters but I'm liking the toys... Biggest prob with dreadwing is of course the vehicle scale.. He's closer to a drone than to a b2. And I definitely wasn't going to get megatron.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby synapse » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 am

Weapon: Black Magic
zwann wrote:I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

I don't know about "including the face", but I remember Andrew Griffith said he designed Flatline (the guy from the RID comics who built Starscream's new Armada-style body) so that he could easily get a toy as a Skids redeco.

Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:46 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
synapse wrote:Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\

Me too. I haven't seen a single pic of his arms raised laterally. That would be a shame, as it's otherwise an awesome toy.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews

Postby Va'al » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:05 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We just can't keep them down! After yesterday's news with the galleries of in-hand images, we have now been alerted that YouTube reviewer peaugh has posted videos of Generations Skids and Waspinator. Will Skids' shoulder issues be raised? Will Waspinator be able to stand without falling to pieces? Check the videos out below, and leave a comment in in the Energon Pub discussion!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Shadowstream » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:00 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Well, there go my hopes that Skids was going to be a larger deluxe :BANG_HEAD:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby synapse » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 am

Weapon: Black Magic
Well, it's confirmed then. Skids is as ridiculously small as Hoist, with hollow legs and poorly articulated shoulders. I still like his design in robot mode and all, but the alt mode and its colors make it look like I'm playing with a Playskool car.

Also, I wasn't expecting that kind of unstability...
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:59 am

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
I like them all, but my one concern is the open handed design on Skids. He comes with all those great weapons, but it's gonna suck if putting them into his hands causes cracks or stress marks like with DOTM Wheeljack.
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 am

Had planned on passing up Goldfire but those pics have me sold on him. Still not liking D-wings color scheme enough to drop cash down on him and Skids... he was a winner for me from day 1. Looks like Christmas is going to be a toss up as to who gets more toys under the tree, me or my youngest son. :lol:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:14 am

synapse wrote:

I don't know about "including the face", but I remember Andrew Griffith said he designed Flatline (the guy from the RID comics who built Starscream's new Armada-style body) so that he could easily get a toy as a Skids redeco.

Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\

I thought Flatline's design was based on the Trailcutter toy.

I also thought I heard that Skids was going to be retooled into Crosscut.

I feel that Goldfire was a waste of a repaint when it could've been a different character. I bought the new Hubcap head and the Bumblebee figure specifically so I could add another minibot to my lineup. I don't need another Bumblebee.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:26 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.

Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yeesh, I'm gone for two days, and everyone's flaming like a marshmallow over a campfire. >:oP

Sucks that Skids is a little stumpy and has the shoulder issues, but I hope to pick him up anyway.

Feeling a little uncertain about Waspinator now. I'll wait until Optibotimus or someone else gets theirs until I make a final decision.

Getting Dreadwing and Goldbug, no questions asked.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:32 am

OK, Skids is growing on me. I've gone from "Meh, I'll get it because it's a Classics-style Skids" to "Ooh, this is a cool figure!"

The other two are OK, but I already have BB and Megs and don't like either mold enough to want a repaint.

Also, Dreadwing's paintjob is too colorful for a stealth jet.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby paul053 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

So, Skids really don't have much shoulder movement. :-( Plus his backpack and slight balance issue, the chance of me getting him is winding down.
paul053
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
kind of disappointing that Skids have instability issues... I didn't know that still happens in today's transforming toys. But I will still buy the whole wave.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:16 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Peaugh's also got reviews for Goldfire and Dreadwing.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10

Postby megatronus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 am

Reaaaaalllllly liking that Dreadwing.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby gantzrunner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:00 am

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
I have to say I really like the thrilling thirty designs! the only thing that bothers me is now that I have committed myself to building a neo-gen1 collection, they changed the scale.... Orion Pax works, but Megatron and the others are too small. displaying them on separate shelves works, but side by side( like if I want to displa. my autobots in vehicle mode in a convoy like the cartoon) - they look like a completely different size class. :BANG_HEAD:
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Courage: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON