Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Delicon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wolfman Jake wrote:Delicon, here's how I reason it out in my own meta continuity between IDW's G1 reboot and the original G1 cartoon/animated movie. Maybe it will help you feel better about IDW Galvatron. So, without further ado:

Consider that in both universes, the D-Void/The Darkness/Dead Universe and Unicron represent the same philosophical idea. Thanatos. Unlife. Death and destruction of the living. Unicron, in the cartoon, was created by some dude for some reason (see: "Call of the Primitives"). Maybe Unicron figures out how to tap into the Dead Universe as a power source? Maybe that's why he feeds so voraciously on planetary life. Instead of explanding the Darkness into the Universe, he's bringing the Universe to the Darkness? Or he's just mega hungry because he's an undead zombie from associating with the Dead Universe? The point is that, perhaps, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge were also ancient Cybertronians in the cartoon who were claimed by the Dead Universe. As Unicron uses Megatron and "the chasises of dead Decepticons" to form a strike force to seize the Matrix of Leadership from the Autobots, he remakes them in the image of Cybertronians he knows from his contact with the void. G1 Cartoon Megatron could be a faximile of the original Galvatron who may have been lost to the void under similar circumstances eons ago. The same goes for Cyclonus and Scourge. If you like, you can take that as an additional reason that G1 cartoon Galvatron is crazy. Merging two different minds might do that to a person (persons?). Also interesting how the Matrix is the bane of both Unicron and the D-Void, huh? Almost like they're the same thing as far as the multiverse is concerned ;)

End of fan babbling.


That was deep, dude. I still don't like IDW Galvy but you at least get a gold star from me for trying!
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2381
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Delicon wrote:Truthfully I hate all these stupid little universes, too. When you think about it, we really didn't have that until around R.I.D. came out, although some might argue Beast Machines contradicted too much established stuff to really fit in the G1 universe.
It was well before that. In the very beginning of the brand, when the Marvel comics and the Sunbow cartoon decided to ignore each other.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Delicon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
Delicon wrote:Truthfully I hate all these stupid little universes, too. When you think about it, we really didn't have that until around R.I.D. came out, although some might argue Beast Machines contradicted too much established stuff to really fit in the G1 universe.
It was well before that. In the very beginning of the brand, when the Marvel comics and the Sunbow cartoon decided to ignore each other.


They were at least close enough. All but a few characters were virtually identical (Shockwave, Ratbat) in terms of overall character traits.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2381
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Motto: "A mountain with a wolf atop it stands that much taller."
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Delicon wrote:That was deep, dude. I still don't like IDW Galvy but you at least get a gold star from me for trying!


Yay! Gold Star! :D

I noticed after the fact that my wall of text had a LOT of spelling errors. >.< Glad that didn't get in the way of the ideas being presented, though! FYI, I looked up the G1 episode "Call of the Primatives" just to confirm that "some dude's" name was Primacron, and "for some reason" was to rid the universe of life to have a perfect blank slate for experiments. Maybe Primacron build Unicron with the Dead Universe in mind? Anyway, I like how IDW is re-exploring the same themes of the G1 cartoon in very different ways. It just makes the whole 30 years so far that much richer, no matter the continuity.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Combiner
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Delicon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Delicon wrote:Truthfully I hate all these stupid little universes, too. When you think about it, we really didn't have that until around R.I.D. came out, although some might argue Beast Machines contradicted too much established stuff to really fit in the G1 universe.
It was well before that. In the very beginning of the brand, when the Marvel comics and the Sunbow cartoon decided to ignore each other.


They were at least close enough. All but a few characters were virtually identical (Shockwave, Ratbat) in terms of overall character traits.
Character-wise, yeah, but the plots and events were virtually irreconcilable, so as to require that they be separate universes.

Though, with RiD being a new universe, that was thanks to the English dub. The Japanese version, Car Robots, was still a G1 series before it was brought over to the U.S.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:10 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?
Optimal Optimus.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?

Cybertron/ Galaxy Force Optimus Prime had a flight mode, basically you flip out the wings of his super-mode while in "firetruck" mode and you have a flying "firetruck".
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13480
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?

Cybertron/ Galaxy Force Optimus Prime had a flight mode, basically you flip out the wings of his super-mode while in "firetruck" mode and you have a flying "firetruck".

That's still just a flying firetruck. :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:Optimal Optimus.

After all these years, I still hesitate to call either of Optimal Optimus' vehicle modes anything, though I guess he technically has a jet mode.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
RAcast wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?

Cybertron/ Galaxy Force Optimus Prime had a flight mode, basically you flip out the wings of his super-mode while in "firetruck" mode and you have a flying "firetruck".

That's still just a flying firetruck. :lol:

Not even that, it looks nothing like a firetruck, looks more like an armored vehicle to me.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13480
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?

Cybertron/ Galaxy Force Optimus Prime had a flight mode, basically you flip out the wings of his super-mode while in "firetruck" mode and you have a flying "firetruck".

That's still just a flying firetruck. :lol:

Not even that, it looks nothing like a firetruck, looks more like an armored vehicle to me.


Powermaster Prime's larger head was to turn into a jet at some point in development. And I'll up that list with the (cartoon-only) Alligatorcon body :lol:
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13739
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now, I understand uber, mega changes, say for instance, changing Optimus Prime from a truck to, say, a dopey little Model T. Then we can rant and rave about how much of a stupid idea that would be.
Is that really a thing to get worked up over, though? I mean, over 30 years of toys ans fiction, we've had "Optimus" (Prime, Primal, Minor, etc.) turn into flat-fronted trucks, long-nosed trucks, a Lamborghini, a bat, gorillas, a monkey, pickup trucks, Cybertronian trucks, shoes, Nissan GT-Rs, a Cybertronian race car, jets, fire trucks, a comet, a blaster, and much more.

I recognize all the rest, (that's an impressively full list by the way!)but what version of Optimus is a jet?

Cybertron/ Galaxy Force Optimus Prime had a flight mode, basically you flip out the wings of his super-mode while in "firetruck" mode and you have a flying "firetruck".

That's still just a flying firetruck. :lol:

Not even that, it looks nothing like a firetruck, looks more like an armored vehicle to me.


Powermaster Prime's larger head was to turn into a jet at some point in development. And I'll up that list with the (cartoon-only) Alligatorcon body :lol:

Alligatorcon couldn't transform though, so it doesn't count. ;)
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bottom-left corner: Jet.

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Bottom-left corner: Jet.

Image

I grew up with Beast Wars, I HAVE Optimal Optimus.
I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).
It's as much a jet as Rattrap is a car, Tarantulas a motorcycle, Megatron a VTOL, Waspinator a fighter jet, Airazor a seaplane, Scavenger a drill tank, etc.

It's a jet with nonvehicular attributes, just like most of the Transmetal "Vehicle Modes". ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby njb902 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 pm

RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bottom-left corner: Jet.

Image

I grew up with Beast Wars, I HAVE Optimal Optimus.
I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).

Optimus Primal's jet mode always reminded me of a Heinkel Flugzeugwerke bomber http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thunderace.org/images/he111-3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thunderace.org/he111.htm&usg=__KxRyH51dLFY_PLz6bsO3GZerB3A=&h=500&w=750&sz=61&hl=en&start=4&sig2=HePpmv5xL4UjpV0Jp5nGDw&zoom=1&tbnid=IEG3gzE4pUUCvM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=141&ei=G_onUrzOLuOYyAHao4GQDA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dheinkel%26safe%3Doff%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CA4QrQMwAw
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
njb902 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bottom-left corner: Jet.

Image

I grew up with Beast Wars, I HAVE Optimal Optimus.
I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).

Optimus Primal's jet mode always reminded me of a Heinkel Flugzeugwerke bomber http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thunderace.org/images/he111-3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thunderace.org/he111.htm&usg=__KxRyH51dLFY_PLz6bsO3GZerB3A=&h=500&w=750&sz=61&hl=en&start=4&sig2=HePpmv5xL4UjpV0Jp5nGDw&zoom=1&tbnid=IEG3gzE4pUUCvM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=141&ei=G_onUrzOLuOYyAHao4GQDA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dheinkel%26safe%3Doff%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CA4QrQMwAw


Yeah, I can see the similarities, most prominent being the wingspan and how the propellers are positioned.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

Make your guesses on BotCon 2014's exclusive figures here! You'll only regret it slightly.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 4850
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).
It's as much a jet as Rattrap is a car, Tarantulas a motorcycle, Megatron a VTOL, Waspinator a fighter jet, Airazor a seaplane, Scavenger a drill tank, etc.

It's a jet with nonvehicular attributes, just like most of the Transmetal "Vehicle Modes". ;)

Fair enough, fair enough. I tend not to acknowledge Transmental 1 "vehicle" modes as any particular thing. I just think of them as "rapid transportation" upgrades/modes.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:58 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Mindmaster wrote:
njb902 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bottom-left corner: Jet.

Image

I grew up with Beast Wars, I HAVE Optimal Optimus.
I'm just saying that calling that mode a "jet" is a stretch, is all. At least the automobile mode looks like something functional (if still VERY strange).

Optimus Primal's jet mode always reminded me of a Heinkel Flugzeugwerke bomber http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thunderace.org/images/he111-3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thunderace.org/he111.htm&usg=__KxRyH51dLFY_PLz6bsO3GZerB3A=&h=500&w=750&sz=61&hl=en&start=4&sig2=HePpmv5xL4UjpV0Jp5nGDw&zoom=1&tbnid=IEG3gzE4pUUCvM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=141&ei=G_onUrzOLuOYyAHao4GQDA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dheinkel%26safe%3Doff%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CA4QrQMwAw


Yeah, I can see the similarities, most prominent being the wingspan and how the propellers are positioned.

And the smooth lines and edges, I can barely tell them apart, Optimus is the one with the swastika right?
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13480
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby njb902 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:33 am

You're right DM. I don't know why I bother to give opinions here, they are always wrong.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
njb902 wrote:You're right DM. I don't know why I bother to give opinions here, they are always wrong.

Well, admitting it is the first step 902. ;)

I'm just kidding. I do agree with you. Some people do take other user's comments far too seriously. You can't help it if looking at one thing reminds you of something else. That's just how your mind works. That being said, you and I could be doing the very same thing with DeadMetal's comment. Personally, I can see where you're coming from when looking at them from the front.
Image
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2231
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:You're right DM. I don't know why I bother to give opinions here, they are always wrong.

Ah don't worry man, I just saw Mindmaster's comment and couldn't resist taking it a step further in that asshole sort of way you'd expect of me. To be honest I didn't even realize towards whom it was directed towards. So don't worry, I don't go after you or anything, there are like 3 to maybe max 5 people on here I don't like and you're not one of them dude :D

I apologies if my comment made you feel that way.

But yes you're right, your opinions are always wrong, as are the opinions of all with whom I disagree with, because since I'm German I know that no matter what, I am always right - even in the face of hard evidence :P EVERYONE IS VRONG VRONG!
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13480
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

New Amazon Listing: Generations Deluxe Tankor

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Seibertron.com user Mindmaster dug up a new Amazon listing; one for a Generations Deluxe Tankor! No images yet, unfortunately, but it appears as though this new listing confirms the rumor of there being Generations toys for Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor that we reported a couple months back.

Keep your optics peeled for updates!
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

Make your guesses on BotCon 2014's exclusive figures here! You'll only regret it slightly.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 4850
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Wal*Mart Listings Teases New Generations Deluxes: Rattrap, Crosscut, Nightbeat, and Tankor?

Postby Janus Prime » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Tankor a Deluxe? Beast Machines Tankor? Hasbro can´t do this... again!
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 210
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014