This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Burn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Honestly ... it's not that bad, it's a blurry pic, it's different, just have to wait and see the final product.

T-Macksimus wrote:Just be thankful I showed some restraint and consideration because I REALLY wanted to fire off about this design.

Real restraint would be not posting at all in your continuing quest to be "most hated poster on Seibertron.com". :wink:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
honestly, they took a character I really don't care about and made me look at it twice. If it actually changes into an alt mode I will be impressed with it. It looks like its just an action figure though. I kinda dig it, but yes, this does demand a bludgeon repaint. I mean it just does.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
MINDVVIPE wrote:Don't bring up Bludgeon, he was a ninja-esque robot decades ago,
Was not.

noctorro wrote:First me was like hmmm... looks way to human proportioned and can't see alt-mode parts.
Shadowstream wrote:Looks far too human for something out of the Bay films,
autobot1979 wrote:Honestly, looks to human to me.
Optimizzy wrote:If it actually changes into an alt mode I will be impressed with it. It looks like its just an action figure though.
This pic is of a Halloween costume.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bengear » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 am

Ripoff of Robo-Warriors. :lol: Add some neon blue highlights and call it a day. You can even see grimlock in the background.

looks like his legs are digitigrade-y from that picture, could be wrong (probably am if it's a costume). But whenever I see a dog legged samurai I think of this comic.
bengear
Micromaster

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:10 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:17 am

ishigoto wrote:I'm...sure the final version will look much better than this. I bet his character model isn't even fully rendered yet. Even if the plots may be lacking, Bay-formers always *look* cool, and hey! At least we have an identity of the bugatti Veyron! Image

That is a cool car. Hopefully Drift says in alt mode for the whole movie.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am

shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 am

shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.

Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

No one complained when Bludgeon was a samurai. No one complained when Prowl was a samurai in Animated. Why complain now that Bay decides to make a samurai TF? Your logic is flawed.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
This pic looks very organic, like a human in amour more than a robot.

EDIT:: Ah okay its a costume.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby 1984forever » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 am

:lol: and kids are going to buy this crap?
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby megatronus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:28 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
My love for robot samurai will not be deterred by the hate.

For the love of god, bring on the Bludgeon & Banzaitron repaints!!!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sigmus Prime » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:48 am

Motto: "Seein' spots!"
:BANG_HEAD:
Sigmus Prime
Micromaster
Buy from Sigmus Prime on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
84forever wrote::lol: and kids are going to buy this crap?

No.

Their parents will. :P
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Searchlight » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:54 am

Motto: "I hate mottos"
Weapon: Night Laser
Seems a tad OTT for a Halloween costume. Still if the actual character looks something like this, I'm all for it.
Searchlight
Micromaster

Postby padfoo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 am

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword?

They should rename him Bludgeon!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Don't bring up Bludgeon, he was a ninja-esque robot decades ago,
Was not.

he was a pretender in 1991, close enough.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:51 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Was not.

he was a pretender in 1991, close enough.
"He was never ninja-esque," was my point.

And, 1991 didn't have any G1 toys in the U.S.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby EagleTron » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
The last drift figure was a samurai and the last Bludgeon figure was a samurai and Prowl is a ninja which is totally different from a Samurai. These live action movie/bay haters should just imo say their comments/ hate opinions and leave out trying to say facts. Because those two things don't mix. And if you think that the Dinobots will be safe from Mr. Bay and company take on what they want transformers figure to be like, U R wrong :lol:
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 6

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:29 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
EagleTron wrote:The last drift figure was a samurai and the last Bludgeon figure was a samurai and Prowl is a ninja which is totally different from a Samurai. These live action movie/bay haters should just imo say their comments/ hate opinions and leave out trying to say facts. Because those two things don't mix. And if you think that the Dinobots will be safe from Mr. Bay and company take on what they want transformers figure to be like, U R wrong :lol:

I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

SlyTF1 wrote:Image
A ninja wearing the armor of a Samurai does not a true Samurai make.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 am

Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Image
A ninja wearing the armor of a Samurai does not a true Samurai make.

Though a lot of "ninjas" were just samurai doing wet work.
njb902
Gestalt

Postby EagleTron » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
SlyTF1 wrote:
EagleTron wrote:The last drift figure was a samurai and the last Bludgeon figure was a samurai and Prowl is a ninja which is totally different from a Samurai. These live action movie/bay haters should just imo say their comments/ hate opinions and leave out trying to say facts. Because those two things don't mix. And if you think that the Dinobots will be safe from Mr. Bay and company take on what they want transformers figure to be like, U R wrong :lol:

Everybody but you knows that Prowl was Ninja and that pic is with him with just samurai armor. If I put on samurai armor would that make me a Dedicated serve or parish Samurai, No.
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 6

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
ECKH. New onomatopoeia to describe my reaction. The design is pushing my suspension of disbelief. I don't like how every movie it becomes more and more common to adapt weird human stereotypes with increasing cartoonishness. The second movie had lurching bearded old Jetfire, and Wannabe Gangster twins. The third movie had Albert Einstein esque (I just threw up a bit) Que, Sentinel, and the three Wreckers. This fourth movie appears to continue this trend with Bulkhead and Drift. My point is that it starts to look weird with Optimus Prime, the alien leader with a faceplate, and the new kid favorite Autobot with a beard and a hat.

Some people take issue with Transformers using human type weapons, but I don't mind that at all. It's not ridiculous for Transformers to have invented projectile weapons, or melee weapons and have use for them. In the case of melee weapons I'm even more forgiving as Transformers may have discovered new alloys that make melee weapons competent. I more so take issue with silly human stuff. As people have said, why would a million year old robot look exactly like a human ancient samurai.

I also enjoyed someone's comment about how Drift turns into a German/French car that can't drift :lol:
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 pm

njb902 wrote:

Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).

The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON