This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed

Postby ScoutBumblebee » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Motto: "Increase efficiency.... Or be terminated."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
We've started to hear some rumors popping up as to the plot of Age of Extinction. We are unable to verify these past the original pages they appear on, so take them for what they are. Also, be forewarned in reading on, these may be plot spoilers!

According to Portuguese site Omelete, Michael Bay sat down for an interview with their reporters, and provided some plot points and showed a little footage from Transformers: Age of Extinction. To follow is an overview, according to Omelete.

Stanley Tucci plays an unscrupulous, millionaire designer, who has been building transformers from alien technology. He compares his work to an art form and the original bots to scrap, but when set in the middle of the action, he screams and runs.

Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) enters the movie, carrying what appears to be a piece of a transformer. He’s a widower living with his teenage daughter (Nicola Peltz). The daughter is secretly dating a race car driver, Jack Reynor. There is an accident, and Yeager is suddenly under scrutiny from both the government and also from “alien bounty hunters,” something Bay did not explain any further. When asked about the ties between mercenary bots and Decepticons, Bay also declined to go into further detail.

Then there is a glimpse of a different sort of action for the movie, antigravity. The bounty hunters come to Cade’s farm with the intention to abduct his daughter via a gravitational attraction, and lock her up. There’s also a scene that was reportedly shown to the Omelete reporters, in which an ocean liner levitates out of the water and through an intersection, in front of cars.

There’s also a strong indication that Bumblebee’s new “owner” may be Cade Yeager, as there is scene in which Yeager refers to the bot as ‘Bee and tries to calm him down. While we are fairly sure of the presence of the Dinobots in the film, there was no mention of them in this interview.

Apart from the above info from the Omelete, KPopStarz has some fascinating speculation that we will not only see the Dinobots in the commercial spot during the Super Bowl, but also that we may see a glimpse of Unicron, who is rumored to be appearing in the movie as well. There is talk of leaked audio in which a weak-voiced Optimus Prime bids fairwell to Cade Yeager and the autobots, so this may hint that he is seriously damaged, if not killed, in the film.

Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, in an interview with Beijing News, revealed not only the total redesign of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee as we knoq, but also some news of the Dinobots:

I cannot disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the joining of the Dinobots will give the audience new excitement. In addition to Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, the appearance of these classic roles changed, today the world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including China's vehicles, whether you are a car enthusiast, you will feast your eyes and be shocked by them.

With as little confirmed info as there is out there right now, surely some of these speculations will turn out true and some may not.

Because these are not confirmed plot points, they can be taken with more than a little suspicion, but at least maybe we are starting to see some bits and pieces of what Age of Extinction may shape up to be.
OK, fine. More talk.
ScoutBumblebee
Fuzor
News Credits: 86
Buy from ScoutBumblebee on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
I posted this about an hour ago. :grin: But good to have all sources of info.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby dreadwing95 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:46 pm

some intriguing stuff. the bounty hunter thing would explain lockdown. i just hope they dont mess up unicron if this is true and hopefully galvitron will make an appearance as well
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Some of this stuff does match the existing info that we know, so at least that much of it is true.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby ScoutBumblebee » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Motto: "Increase efficiency.... Or be terminated."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
5150 Cruiser wrote:I posted this about an hour ago. :grin: But good to have all sources of info.

You got a news credit on it. :APPLAUSE:
OK, fine. More talk.
ScoutBumblebee
Fuzor
News Credits: 86
Buy from ScoutBumblebee on eBay
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sounds too hype for existence. :michaelbay:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby ZackRoyer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm

The plot sounds messy and more messy after each "leak".
ZackRoyer
Mini-Con

Postby Rodimus2006 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
While Unicron may be in AOE it dosent mean he will be used or seen much, & could also be just a cameo type of glimpse. I am thinking of like Thantos in the Avengers Ending credits type of deal with Unicron showing headed towards Earth.

But I am hoping that this Unicron is done like Prime's Unicron where Unicron is infact the Earth itself. But I assume this Unicron will be CGI & more than likely something Huge & Evil Looking.

I just hope this will not be a FF Repeat where they messed up Galaticus making him a Nano Death Cloud. While I know that things from Comics, Series are translated diffrently to Live Action I just hope Unicron isnt done in a comical goofy way.

OP Dying I am ok with this, in movie 5 they can bring in Rodimus, Ultramagnus or Hot Shot maybe even Sky Fire to replace OP. Then they would battle Unicron teaming up with the Decepticons.

Still what about Megatron/Galvatron nothing is known what about NEST. This info is cool such as Lockdown but where is the juicy info we need.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
my god this sounds awesome

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby njb902 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm not against killing Optimus, but really twice in the same 6 movie franchise?
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby autobot1979 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm

It makes sense Unicron in this film , so then they can bring back Megatron as Galvatron, and keeping the continuity. I heard that the rust Truck is Ultra Magnus and I was thinking , maybe the rust truck turns into the Freightliner Argosy and those cars aren`t stuntcons , they are autobots?? Who knows? :-?
autobot1979
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm

autobot1979 wrote:It makes sense Unicron in this film ,
Where do folks keep getting Unicron from?

autobot1979 wrote:I heard that the rust Truck is Ultra Magnus
Not the rust truck, the teeny tiny silver and black Freightliner.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
(I'll just move my two cents' worth over to this thread, then. >:oP )

If it's actually true, then it sounds quite promising--at least there doesn't seem to be any overt craziness going on here. Stanley Tucci seems to be the designated crazy-ass comic relief, which is fine by me, as long as it's not a government official or secret agent man. Arrogant TF designer works for me.

Waiting to see how the TF part of the plot turns out.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm

So Bay - will we be as 'shocked' at these new designs as YOU would be at the sight of a broken teleprompter?
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shockwave7 wrote:So Bay - will we be as 'shocked' at these new designs as YOU would be at the sight of a broken teleprompter?

oh snap!
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Rodimus2006 wrote:But I am hoping that this Unicron is done like Prime's Unicron where Unicron is infact the Earth itself.

I'd hope not. Was never a fan of that.

This info is cool such as Lockdown but where is the juicy info we need.

Come back when the movie is released. :wink:

Shockwave7 wrote:So Bay - will we be as 'shocked' at these new designs as YOU would be at the sight of a broken teleprompter?

Says the clearly better public speaker hiding behind his computer to take a pot shot at a Hollywood Director that will never read his comment. Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby EagleTron » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
Great info. Optimus said his fairwell in tfp now he may say his fairwell in AOE. I'm not saying that's a good thing but sometimes change can be for the better-hint- next up-Rodimus. This whole AOE sounds like a bunch if new Transformers :grin:
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Endurance: Infinity

Postby njb902 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:17 pm

EagleTron wrote:Great info. Optimus said his fairwell in tfp now he may say his fairwell in AOE. I'm not saying that's a good thing but sometimes change can be for the better-hint- next up-Rodimus. This whole AOE sounds like a bunch if new Transformers :grin:

Honestly if Optimus is killed again I hope Rodimus isn't the new leader.
njb902
Gestalt

Postby EagleTron » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
njb902 wrote:
EagleTron wrote:Great info. Optimus said his fairwell in tfp now he may say his fairwell in AOE. I'm not saying that's a good thing but sometimes change can be for the better-hint- next up-Rodimus. This whole AOE sounds like a bunch if new Transformers :grin:

Honestly if Optimus is killed again I hope Rodimus isn't the new leader.

Yeah to think about it, me neither. I would have said let the new leader be Ultra Magnus which is one of my Favorite transformers characters but his dull personality would probably make things boring after a movie or two. But Rodimus might make things a liitle more interesting over time as we all watch a young new leader go throw growing pains/ leadership mistakes.
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Endurance: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm

The dialogue that we heard before of Optimus saying his farewells sounded to me like it was a departing goodbye rather than a dying goodbye. As though he was permanently leaving Earth for the forseeable future, maybe to go back to Cybertron to start rebuilding it or something.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby njb902 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The dialogue that we heard before of Optimus saying his farewells sounded to me like it was a departing goodbye rather than a dying goodbye. As though he was permanently leaving Earth for the forseeable future, maybe to go back to Cybertron to start rebuilding it or something.

I kina got the impression from DOTM that Cybertron is no more, or do you mean rebuilding it from scratch?
njb902
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm

njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The dialogue that we heard before of Optimus saying his farewells sounded to me like it was a departing goodbye rather than a dying goodbye. As though he was permanently leaving Earth for the forseeable future, maybe to go back to Cybertron to start rebuilding it or something.

I kina got the impression from DOTM that Cybertron is no more, or do you mean rebuilding it from scratch?
To be fair, the planet's fate in that movie was pretty vague. At the very worst, it could have been annihilated, but at the very best, it could just have a been warped away with a big crater punched into it. All it takes is one answer from this movie to tell us if it's gone or not. ;)

Or, if it is gone, he could be leaving to go find a new planet for the TFs to call home, as their relationship with Earth had undoubtedly become pretty poor after what happened to Chicago. :-B

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby njb902 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:

To be fair, the planet's fate in that movie was pretty vague. At the very worst, it could have been annihilated, but at the very best, it could just have a been warped away with a big crater punched into it. All it takes is one answer from this movie to tell us if it's gone or not. ;)

Or, if it is gone, he could be leaving to go find a new planet for the TFs to call home, as their relationship with Earth had undoubtedly become pretty poor after what happened to Chicago. :-B

You're right about Cybertron's fate it could be anything, that was just my take.
njb902
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus2006 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:53 am

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Another idea I have brainstorming is maybe AOE doesnt even have decepticons in it. Based on what we know these are Bounty Hunters such as Lockdown.

But what if in reality these are Agents of Unicron. Being his Minions. Sort of like his Horseman of the Apocalypse type of deal. Bieng his elite guard to check out the events going on Earth.

Then Lockdown & the others Report back to Unicron. Being Cyclonus & the others. They Re-Activate Megatron but Unicron upgrades him through some unknown means or Device Megatron becomes Galvatron.

Sort of like in the 1986 movie no longer being Decepticons they are now Unicrons Cyclonus, Lockdown, Galvatron, also Drift. & the ones using the Gravitation device. Then again this is my theory.

Also I dont really think the Dinobots will actually be on anysides or taking anysides it could be like in Animated where the Dinobots didnt have a side & they lived on Dinobot Island. So to me the Dinobots are a Wild Card in AOE. I also see fights between the Autobots & the Dinobots then they will come together cause of Unicron.

I also see other reasons why OP must flee Earth or is forced to leave Could be Blackmail, could be Threats from Harold Attinger character, saying if you dont leave Earth then your Family will suffer the consequences similar towards G1 where the Decepticons Blackmailed them & forced them to flee but was ultimately a Trick by Megatron.

I like what I am seeing but my thoughts on Unicron is he will be handled like Thantos in The Avengers being seen in End Credits.
or like in The Wolvering showing Professor X & Magneto leading up to Days of Future Past.

I can see how this is going to work I just hope Bay & company makes a nice transition from Old to New though I do enjoy Mark Walburgs Films.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
And if Unicron was our Moon all this time? And Sentinel actually crashed into him in the last movie. :lol:
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON