This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Optibotimus Reviews: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Windrazor

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Optibotimus Reviews: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Windrazor

Postby optibotimus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:01 pm

check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Windrazor Video Review

Postby Va'al » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Seibertron.com member and YouTube reviewer optibotimus has just uploaded and shared with us a video review of another upscaled figure in the Beast Hunters line. Check out the embedded video below for a look at Deluxe Windrazor!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Windrazor

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Watched this review earlier. It's kinda sad how he's still clinging to hope that these guys will combine. From what I heard, they're just making this one and Sinnertwin. Either way, unless I'm wrong and they come out with all of them and they DO combine, then I'm going to completely skip over these guys.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby wolverinetodd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Watched this review earlier. It's kinda sad how he's still clinging to hope that these guys will combine. From what I heard, they're just making this one and Sinnertwin. Either way, unless I'm wrong and they come out with all of them and they DO combine, then I'm going to completely skip over these guys.

I completely agree with you and yeah, the reviewer's got lofty dreams. But I'll probably buy Deluxe Windrazor and Deluxe Twinstrike anyway just because, "cool, transforming monsters!" and on the extremely slim chance Deluxe Hun-Grrr (though he should be made Voyager this time around), Deluxe Blight, and Deluxe Rippersnapper are made. Not to mention I'll likely buy a second Twinstrike to repaint into Monsterbot Doublecross.

Now my comments about the video review and its reviewer...

First of all, the "Well that would be cool, wouldn't it?" quote from the BotCon panel doesn't really tell me that "Yes, we're releasing all five as Deluxes so you can form a huge Abominous." What it says to me is that, "Damn, we didn't think about that. That makes commonsense, doesn't it? No, we prefer to continue to make half-ass attempts at combiners and let the 3rd party companies continue to bitch-slap us and show us how it's really done."

Second, it would've been helpful on his part had this reviewer actually had Cyberverse Windrazor to compare or at least had better knowledge of the Cyberverse version (YES, the Cyberverse version's wings fold just like the new deluxes). Especially where he points out the beak working like Abominous' hand. It's the same on the Cyberverse version and just because this Deluxe version holds a weapon in it's beak/Abominous' hand doesn't mean Hasbro plans on releasing the other three to form Abominous. It just means that Hasbro literally enlarged the whole mould of the Cyberverse figure to Deluxe size and that included the round shape within its beak because they're too sorry to make the new Deluxe mould better (like with knee/elbow joints, swiveling waist, and ball-joint neck in robot mode). Duh!
Last edited by wolverinetodd on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
This is beyond stupid, if you ask me. This is why:

Deluxe, for starters, so you can get all the extra joints in there for more articulation.
All you needed to do was replicate the exact same pegs and holes on all of the figures and their weapons, and you can get some great combining going on.
You could then release all of the other figures and make money off those since people would likely buy the entire combiner team, and then theres also gift box versions for even more cash.
I think this is a dumb move for Hasbro. If there's money in the budget for other riskier projects, there has to be money for something like this that is likely to actually sell.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby optibotimus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

wolverinetodd wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Watched this review earlier. It's kinda sad how he's still clinging to hope that these guys will combine. From what I heard, they're just making this one and Sinnertwin. Either way, unless I'm wrong and they come out with all of them and they DO combine, then I'm going to completely skip over these guys.

First of all, the "Well that would be cool, wouldn't it?" quote from the BotCon panel doesn't really tell me that "Yes, we're releasing all five as Deluxes so you can form a huge Abominous." What it says to me is that, "Damn, we didn't think about that. That makes commonsense, doesn't it? No, we prefer to continue to make half-ass attempts at combiners and let the 3rd party companies continue to bitch-slap us and show us how it's really done."

Second, it would've been helpful on his part had this reviewer actually had Cyberverse Windrazor to compare or at least had better knowledge of the Cyberverse version (YES, the Cyberverse version's wings fold just like the new deluxes). Especially where he points out the beak working like Abominous' hand. It's the same on the Cyberverse version and just because this Deluxe version holds a weapon in it's beak/Abominous' hand doesn't mean Hasbro plans on releasing the other three to form Abominous. It just means that Hasbro literally enlarged the whole mould of the Cyberverse figure to Deluxe size and that included the round shape within its beak because they're too sorry to make the new Deluxe mould better (like with knee/elbow joints, swiveling waist, and ball-joint neck in robot mode). Duh!

They didn't however just "enlarge" the mold. The legs, as i pointed out are remolded. Having the holes instead of the pegs.

Look, i don't recall saying that it's 100% certain that they'll combine. I simply wanted to touch on aspects that really to me show that it could with future releases. The quote about Botcon to me seems to say that they couldn't confirm anything yet. Not that they thought it would be cool if they had thought of it. I think people read too much into things i say in my reviews and miss the point entirely that i'm trying to make. One that i said "IF" they did, that collectors might be more inclined to like these figures. So relax...
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby wolverinetodd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
MINDVVIPE wrote:This is beyond stupid, if you ask me. This is why:

Deluxe, for starters, so you can get all the extra joints in there for more articulation.
All you needed to do was replicate the exact same pegs and holes on all of the figures and their weapons, and you can get some great combining going on.
You could then release all of the other figures and make money off those since people would likely buy the entire combiner team, and then theres also gift box versions for even more cash.
I think this is a dumb move for Hasbro. If there's money in the budget for other riskier projects, there has to be money for something like this that is likely to actually sell.

THANK YOU!
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
You know what, even as a stand-alone figure I don't hate this. It's smaller than I expected given the large size of the new voyager Predaking, but I don't find it any less complicated than Skystalker.

I'm not sure I buy that Hasbro will be releasing the rest of the Pteracons, but they'd be bloody morons if they didn't at this point.

We're not getting them, are we? #-o
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby ILL-Star » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
I bought the Abominus set from Target yesterday for $7.50 and it wasn't even marked as clearance. But upon buying it, I realized that the legion Windrazor actually has ball jointed elbows whereas the deluxe one has swivel ones. That really stinks because those ball joints really make the legion one a pretty nice figure.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Can somebody provide a link to where hasbro says they wont be making the other three ? Everybodys always telling me to provide proof of my statements so right back at cha...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sodan-1 wrote:I don't find it any less complicated than Skystalker.

I disagree. Skystalker has multiple knee joints, waist swivel, head swivel, elbow swivel and increased range of motion, wing articulation in various directions, and clearly a more complex transformation. Skystalker is by no means complex, but it is a bonafied deluxe, and not an enlarged legion class. I don't mean to spoil any appeal of the figure for you, I just don't feel an excuse like that is great to encourage the deluxe class to slide in quality to the point where we are paying deluxe prices for enlarged legions.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I don't hate it ._. However, i doubt i'll get it >:oP
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm

My theory ingeneral is this:

Hasbro knows they'd make a lot of money from a deluxe scale combiner from fans, but:

(1) Doesn't have faith that moms and dads will spend $50 to $75 to complete a character that has no media promotion (game or show) associated with it.

(2) Doesn't have faith that the simplified deluxes will sell that well at all.

(3) Doesn't have faith that the enlarged combiner could meet QC standards, such that they could credibly advertise the feature. (So fans might buy it and treat it carefully, but parents may never know.)

(4) Isn't certain they can move three more deluxes in the beast hunters line this Spring before the movie line hits.

ILL-Star wrote:I bought the Abominus set from Target yesterday for $7.50 and it wasn't even marked as clearance. But upon buying it, I realized that the legion Windrazor actually has ball jointed elbows whereas the deluxe one has swivel ones. That really stinks because those ball joints really make the legion one a pretty nice figure.

So rather than simply apply a universal modifier in whatever cad program they use, they took the time to modify the template to be more robust... interesting.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well... I don't hate it... but there definitely could've been some more effort into making these simplified Deluxes capable of actual poses other than standing up straight and waving the arms around.

Really though, I agree with the general consensus; these things would probably sell like hotcakes had they (at least) retained the combining and released the remaining three [Preda|Terror]cons.

Hey third parties, this is where you guys come in!
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I would have loved this figure if they improved the articulation. They redesigned a lot of the figure anyway, they could have thrown elbows and knees in while they were at it.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby TheGlynreaper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 am

I might just skip the upscaled figures as they dont seem to be worth it that much plus i already have the 5 cyberverse legion class figures to form abominus and the tesco exclusive predacons rising abominus with translucent parts
TheGlynreaper
Minibot
Watch TheGlynreaper on YouTube

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm

His reviews are waaaay too bright. Painfull even with the dimmer switch on low.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:06 pm

^^ Thanks for your feedback.
optibotimus
Combiner

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #33 RE IDW Comics 2014 Giant Robot 210322A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #89 Cvr B IDW Comics 2013 89B (W)Furman (CA) Guidi"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210547 1B (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 3RI 210213A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Q"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON