This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: Transformers Age of Extinction and other Movie Universe toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Gallery: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime

Postby Jones » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 am

Motto: "Who and what I am, I hide from the enemy."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:By no means should our preferences dictate the prediction of sales. :-B

That is indeed true. I get that this mold was designed with the kiddos in mind, and as a dad to two upcoming TF fans, I appreciate that. This will be a hit with the kids, I'm sure.

It just makes no sense to me why Hasbro and Amazon would release an exclusive (usually for collectors) early release (usually for collectors) premium pricing (usually for collectors) of a leader-class figure (usually for collectors) of a shell-former mold (collectors usually hate).

This whole thing is a mish-mash of ideas aimed at collectors using a mold that will pretty much only appeal to the kids.
Jones
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
TimothyR wrote:also..

really?.. you can't transform rotf leader prime correctly? .. that's a shame.

You ain't gotta be like that.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Jones wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:By no means should our preferences dictate the prediction of sales. :-B

That is indeed true. I get that this mold was designed with the kiddos in mind, and as a dad to two upcoming TF fans, I appreciate that. This will be a hit with the kids, I'm sure.

It just makes no sense to me why Hasbro and Amazon would release an exclusive (usually for collectors) early release (usually for collectors) premium pricing (usually for collectors) of a leader-class figure (usually for collectors) of a shell-former mold (collectors usually hate).

This whole thing is a mish-mash of ideas aimed at collectors using a mold that will pretty much only appeal to the kids.

You'd be surprised at how many collectors and scalpers would actually get this, only for its perceived monetary value and (poorly projected) future demand :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

I just realized what it is that I dislike so much about this Prime. No, it's not that it's over priced. No, it's not that it's a shell-former. No, it's not that it's ridiculously easy.

It's the chrome.

Yes, I said it--the chrome! It makes me think that Optimus is an Easter chocolate candy, and all I have to do is unwrap him, and there will be a chocolate petro-bunny inside.

But there won't be.

I can't have this Optimus in my house, otherwise he'd make me crave chocolate all day.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby rpetras » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
:lol:

(Sung to the tune of the G1 show)

Shellformers
Robots stuffed in shells

There's no way to go from mode to mode, so we just tuck them in un-der the hood, a-and there you go.

Shellformers
Robots stuffed in shells

Shellformers
Doesn't really transform.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Black Bumblebee wrote:I just realized what it is that I dislike so much about this Prime. No, it's not that it's over priced. No, it's not that it's a shell-former. No, it's not that it's ridiculously easy.

It's the chrome.

Yes, I said it--the chrome! It makes me think that Optimus is an Easter chocolate candy, and all I have to do is unwrap him, and there will be a chocolate petro-bunny inside.

But there won't be.

I can't have this Optimus in my house, otherwise he'd make me crave chocolate all day.

I can't have this in my house because while I have low self esteem, I do have a bit of pride. :lol:
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Spleenzorio wrote:Image

I heard you like Optimus Prime so we put an Optimus Prime inside your Optimus Prime so you can roll out while you roll out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:02 am

Black Bumblebee wrote:It makes me think that Optimus is an Easter chocolate candy, and all I have to do is unwrap him, and there will be a chocolate petro-bunny inside.

It's like getting a giant chocolate rabbit, only to bite into and find it's just a hollow shell instead of solid chocolate.

:sad:
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby MenaceRX » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 am

It's hard to hate on it until you see the back, then it becomes quite clear this is not intended for any of us. Its meant for kids, and kids alone.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:34 am

MenaceRX wrote:It's hard to hate on it until you see the back, then it becomes quite clear this is not intended for any of us. Its meant for kids, and kids alone.

Until you look at the price, the packaging, and the availability, after which it becomes quite clear that this is a toy designed for kids but being marketed to adults.

Jones wrote:

Like Jones said.
Last edited by GuyIncognito on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:43 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
GuyIncognito wrote:
MenaceRX wrote:It's hard to hate on it until you see the back, then it becomes quite clear this is not intended for any of us. Its meant for kids, and kids alone.

Until you look at the price, the packaging, and the availability, after which it becomes quite clear that this is a toy designed for kids but being marketed to adults.

And read its press release which clearly states this is geared towards adult collectors.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 am

ZackRoyer wrote:Sorry guys... I Couldn't resist...

I think this figure actually looks pretty solid, but this has me dying laughing. Well done, sir. :lol:
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:46 am

Clearly Hasbro has a very different idea of what "adult collectors" want than Takara-Tomy does. TT makes a huge line of Masterpiece figures for their adult collectors. Hasbro adds chrome to an oversized kids' toy and jacks up the price.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dead Metal wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

And read its press release which clearly states this is geared towards adult collectors.
To be fair, barring the MPs, every TF toy Hasbro releases is designed child-friendly, even if it's one geared towards the collector market.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Amazon hasn't even shipped mine yet and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Looks like a free month of Prime coming up for me, courtesy of Prime :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:15 pm

Sabrblade wrote:To be fair, barring the MPs, every TF toy Hasbro releases is designed child-friendly, even if it's one geared towards the collector market.

Exactly. TT caters to adult collectors by making a special line of figures for them. (And by frequently re-issuing classic figures from old lines.) Hasbro "caters" to adult collectors by slapping chrome on a kids' figure and raising the price, or begrudgingly bringing over one or two MP figures per year.

TT seems to embrace the collector market and devotes resources to it accordingly, while Hasbro seems to view it as an annoyance that they need to pacify as cheaply as possible (or exploit).

TT makes action figures for collectors of all ages. Hasbro makes kids' toys, some of which appeal to adults.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:To be fair, barring the MPs, every TF toy Hasbro releases is designed child-friendly, even if it's one geared towards the collector market.

Exactly. TT caters to adult collectors by making a special line of figures for them. (And by frequently re-issuing classic figures from old lines.) Hasbro "caters" to adult collectors by slapping chrome on a kids' figure and raising the price, or begrudgingly bringing over one or two MP figures per year.

TT seems to embrace the collector market and devotes resources to it accordingly, while Hasbro seems to view it as an annoyance that they need to pacify as cheaply as possible (or exploit).

TT makes action figures for collectors of all ages. Hasbro makes kids' toys, some of which appeal to adults.
And there's nothing wrong with this since Hasbro profits off children('s parents) while Takara profits off collectors.

It's simply the nature of the business.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Seibertron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
GuyIncognito wrote:TT seems to embrace the collector market and devotes resources to it accordingly, while Hasbro seems to view it as an annoyance that they need to pacify as cheaply as possible (or exploit).

I disagree with this statement. While I can see why many collectors feel this way about the two companies, I get the strong feeling that this is a strong example of "the grass is always greener on the other side." I also attend several annual private press events that Hasbro has intended for the fan community. I will be attending Hasbro's 8th annual fan media day on February 15th in New York City. This is the 8th time I've been to this event. Hasbro also now has a much smaller and more festive event that is somewhat similar held in conjunction with NYCC and obviously has a very large presence at SDCC and BotCon. I have several times a year to share my thoughts face-to-face with Hasbro.

Throughout my 14 years of doing Seibertron.com, I can say that they honestly care what we (the fans) have to say. Sometimes the demands of the larger children's market and retailers such as Wal-Mart outweigh the demands of fans. Takara Tomy doesn't have to deal with the demands of the world's largest retailer (Wal-Mart) and outside of Toys R Us they deal with much smaller shops and have much lower production runs which enables Takara Tomy to cater more to us.

I also think Masterpiece Grimlock, Masterpiece "Targetmaster" Rodimus and Generations Skywarp are also examples of where Hasbro has gone the extra mile for fans. I'm sure there are many other examples that often get overlooked.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby ZackRoyer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Seibertron wrote:

Throughout my 14 years of doing Seibertron.com, I can say that they honestly care what we (the fans) have to say. Sometimes the demands of the larger children's market and retailers such as Wal-Mart outweigh the demands of fans. Takara Tomy doesn't have to deal with the demands of the world's largest retailer (Wal-Mart) and outside of Toys R Us they deal with much smaller shops and have much lower production runs which enables Takara Tomy to cater more to us.

See? That's the reason we can't have nice things like our fellow japanese friends.
ZackRoyer
Mini-Con

Postby paul053 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:24 pm

I always think this is the best example of Hasbro slapping Takara's face.

Back to topic. Wait! What's the topic? Oh, this!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
paul053
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Josh Burcham posted this on Twitter. :P

Well I guess TF4 Prime is pretty geewun afterall

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Miles Wolf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Oh my Primus... All the Bay-movies' designs are so horrible, and their toys are even worse... I can't stop finding them horribly ugly.

F*cking winner of the day. :APPLAUSE:
Last edited by Miles Wolf on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miles Wolf
Mini-Con

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Call me crazy, but I really really want one of these.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
OptiMagnus wrote:Call me crazy, but I really really want one of these.

You're not. So do I.

I just want the retail version. The chrome is kind of offsetting.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Manterax Prime » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:20 am

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
PrymeStriker wrote:
OptiMagnus wrote:Call me crazy, but I really really want one of these.

You're not. So do I.

I just want the retail version. The chrome is kind of offsetting.

As do I. W/ chrome of course. And I'm curious as to wether the Generations version will be engineered differently so all these whiners can shut the hell up.

And no, I refuse to believe the one shown at NYCC is a Leader class. It's a voyager.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIRAGE GT Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Mega Basic complete 2002 230821A"
MIRAGE GT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spychanger W.A.R.S. Transformers RID Spy Changers complete WARS 2001 230821A"
Spychanger W.A.R.S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 211006A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNARL Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d43j key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
SNARL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON