This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fans of the old school of Marvel US and UK Transformers have been enjoying, for the most part, the continuation of the storyline that never ended. In March, it all comes to a conclusion - again. And artist Andrew Wildman, who is currently replaced by Guido Guidi on the interior art, is coming back for the final issue. Check out what he has to say below,and the solicit for the issue!

I have begun work on the final issue of Transformers Regeneration One. I won’t be pencilling the whole book but it really is a privilege to be asked to come back in for the curtain call. 2014 is a BIG year for Transformers what with it being the 30th Anniversary so watch out for the team at a convention near you.

Transformers Regeneration One #100

Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman & Guido Guidi (a) • Andrew Wildman, Guidi (c)

THE GREATEST ENEMY... the greatest challenge... shall come from within. And there will be an ending. This is it, the battle the TRANSFORMERS must win, and yet dare not. The original and founding TRANSFORMERS comic comes to an epic and giant-sized conclusion, with all-out battle on CYBERTRON. Or should that be “Cybertrons”? Shocks, surprises, guest stars and more. It may be a cliché, but this one really does have it all.

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

Bullet points:

• The soul-shattering conclusion to the 100-issue original TRANSFORMERS EPIC!
• Variant Cover by Herb Trimpe!
• Variant Cover by Geoff Senior!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I don't know the ins and outs of why Andrew Wildman suddenly stopped, but I'm glad to see him involved again. Also sad that there is not long to go and then it's all over again :(
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby robotmel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:-(
It will be sad to see the end of the original Transformers comic book. Being an old bugger such as myself, I have followed the comic books throughout many, many years and was more than pleased to hear the original dream team where making a comeback for just a few more issues, tying up a few loose ends and what not.

Andy Wildman is a lovely fellow, having met him at a few old signings years back, and even own a piece of the Marvel Transformers run splash page featuring The Neo-Knights (Aye!)... Im gonna miss those open mouth shots he so loves! ;)

So not to miss out, I have already preordered all the outstanding issues of ReGen One including three copies of 100! #commitment
I really hope we see the odd variant cover by Wildman across the other books?
Please dont hang up your pencils just yet Andy! :sad:
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hans » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 am

I've been a big fan of Guido's work on the book. So it's very fitting that both Andrew and Guido are doing pencils on the final issue. Sad to see RG1 go, especially with the combination of Guidi and Baskerville on art I would have followed this book forever :-)
Hans
Fuzor
News Credits: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
It's painful to say, but the art has become the better part of the ReGeneration series, as the story is kind of sloppy and hollow (for me, anyway) so I am looking forward to the great visuals, whether it's Wildman or Guidi. I just wish they had better developments to draw for.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby robotmel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:33 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
• Variant Cover by Herb Trimpe!
• Variant Cover by Geoff Senior!
:-?
Covers, covers, covers!

So I have preordered #100 listed as 'Cvr A', 'Cvr B' and 'Subscription Cvr', but just how many variants are we going to see for the finale of ReGeneration One?

Am I right in saying we'll receive covers by...

Andrew Wildman
Guido Guidi
Herb Trimpe
Geoff Senior

...plus the 'Jam' cover by Robert Atkins which links with #200 of GI Joe!

Any more? :???:
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I believe that's it for now.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Ratbat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Motto: "The road is my dinner plate."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Hans wrote:I've been a big fan of Guido's work on the book. So it's very fitting that both Andrew and Guido are doing pencils on the final issue. Sad to see RG1 go, especially with the combination of Guidi and Baskerville on art I would have followed this book forever :-)

Yes, it's sad to see Transformers: ReGeneration One go (again). But I'm grateful to see the original Transformers comic-book series extended by 22 issues (that is, 80.5, 81-94, 0, 95-100).
Ratbat
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Hans » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 am

... and Generation 2, in a sort of spin-off timeline ;)
Hans
Fuzor
News Credits: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230704 (CA) Wolf"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230851 (CA) Bazaldua"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #14 var Beyond Amazing Marvel Comics 2022 JUN221026 (CA) Yildirim"
MOON KNIGHT #14 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230685 (CA) Marquez (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #2 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BROTHER #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220885 (CA) Simmonds"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #6 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220960 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Lim"
DAREDEVIL #6 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var AAPI Heritage Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221062 (CA) Ruan"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Marvel Comics MAR230887 (CA) Vicentini (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230651 (CA) Young"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230720 (CA) Cheung"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BASE #1 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220998 (CA) Rodriguez"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #3 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230924 (CA) Reis (W) Taboo +B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231044 (W/CA) Zdarsky (A) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231146 (CA) Miller (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON