This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Rescue Bots Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Rescue Bots Discussion Thread

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to TV Guide we have a preview clip from this week's new episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots, Prescott's Bots. The clip can be viewed by clicking here.

In this exclusive sneak peek from Saturday's new episode (1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT, The Hub), some bots are a lot more excited than others to learn that they're being pushed to star in a reality show capturing their rescues. "A TV series is our chance to be famous," Blades (Parvesh Cheena) tells the group.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Been a while since we got these kinds of clips for an episode in this show.

As for the clip itself, kudos to the clip-makers keeping the spoilers to a minimum.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Transformers: Rescue Bots - Episode 7 Preview Clip and Information

Postby Va'al » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The TV website Zap2it has posted a new clip and updated description for the upcoming episode 7 of Season 2 of Transformers: Rescue Bots - "Prescott's Boys". Check out the information below, and click here to view the clip!

The main bots on "Transformers Rescue Bots" are learning the price of fame on reality television the hard way in Season 2, episode 7, "Prescott's Bots."

The synopsis for the episode reads: "A television producer is insistent upon making the bots, along with their humans, into a reality show. Most of them can't understand why their jobs would be considered entertainment, except one who thinks the idea of being famous sounds amazing, until he learns the difference between 'reality' and 'reality television.'"

"Transformers Rescue Bots" airs Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET/PT on The Hub network.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:35 pm

Looks like a certain news reporter's under arrest.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Episode 33 -

Huxley's been trying to get Burns and Bots on his new show for some time.

Death by pancakes. That's a new one.

Or at least, it would be if not for Heatwave having caught the mayor before hitting the ground.

You know, this discussion between the Blades and the others about the TV show feels a lot like the same kind of conversations we got from the Maximals in Beast Wars. In this case, just swap out Blades for Cheetor, Chase and Boulder for Rhinox and Tigatron (doesn't matter who would be who), Heatwave for Rattrap, and Cody for... I guess Airazor, and it would all fit pretty well.

In the conversation between Huxley and the mayor, Jeff Glen Bennett is essentially talking to himself. :lol:

Sheesh, just how many times is Don gonna break the traffic laws in this town?

Looks like things aren't going as Huxley planned.

LOL at the amount of drink cups he's gone through.

Graham's got engineering homework, so I guess he did decide to attend Gremsky Tech. He's also still got the Squilsh from back in season 1.

Uh oh. A young lady named Nancy Morrison fell into the lion cage at the zoo.

Kade: "Trust me, you do not want to join his Circle of Life." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some CGI was used for the Bots driving toward the supposedly robbed bank.

Huxley you fool! You've unleashed the Squilsh upon the dam's water. You've doomed everyone in Griffin Rock!

Hux, you've cried wolf far too many times now. That fire's gonna burn till doomsday (which shouldn't be too far off considering the Squilsh threat and all).

The fire's spreading, Heatwave's water tanks ran out, the Squilsh absorbed all the water in every river than runs from the reservoir... Griffin Rock is totally slagged.

...Unless the maple sap from the grove at the beginning of the episode proves helpful enough. guess that wasn't just a non-sequitor.

The fire's now spread to the mayor's home!

"Power Up and Energize!"

And now Hux is serving community service by cleaning up all the sap off of the mayor's mansion.

Nancy isn't credited in the voice credits.

Another typical episode. Kinda fun, kinda funny, I honestly don't know what to say about it. I liked it, at least, but it wasn't that much special. It kinda felt like the season 1 episodes of Beast Wars, in which the characters all acted like themselves and were portrayed well enough, but the stuff that happened to them was mostly ordinary stuff rather than anything that captivating. Some quirky moments had a nice charm to them, but overall, just an average episode.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Per the usual Zap2it provides us with a new Transformers: Rescue Bots episode, air date, and teaser description. The May 10th episode is titled Space Bots, see the brief episode synopsis below:

Space Bots-

Doc and Graham are stranded in orbit; Rescue Bots set out to save them.

05/10/2014
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Archanubis » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:41 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
El Duque wrote:Per the usual Zap2it provides us with a new Transformers: Rescue Bots episode, air date, and teaser description. The May 10th episode is titled Space Bots, see the brief episode synopsis below:

Space Bots-

Doc and Graham are stranded in orbit; Rescue Bots set out to save them.

05/10/2014

Sounds like we're going to be seeing the Bot's ship take flight.

:CON:
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Episode 34 -

You know, after all the grim and gritty doom and gloom that we got in Prime, seeing a few Autobots doing something as simple and casual as flying a kite is a really refreshing, especially with each of them providing unique commentary about the kite. Boulder considers it a work of art, Heatwave always thought kites were just power line decorations, Blades is the one flying it and excited to see how high he can make it go, and after it hits a tree, Chase notes how it wouldn't have crashed if it had an engine, propeller, or rudimentary steering (despite that defeating the purpose of it being a kite). Really love the little moments of character like these.

Speaking of crashing, Taylor's plane is about to! It's go time!

The plane's gonna hit the lab!

Whoa, Doc is armed and ready! He's shooting it with... putty? What is that stuff?

Well, whatever it is, it helped the plane narrowly miss the building and flutter over it. That was too close.

Collision Foam Cannon. That's what did the trick. Doc and Boulder made it together.

Graham finds it curious that plane turned back towards the island on its own despite being aimed at the ocean. Dani jokes about it gremlins being the cause. Not sure why she does when ghosts or a curse would be just a optional suggestions for her to make.

Later, Cody explains that gremlins are mischievous creatures that disable machinery and electronics. Chase postulates that the presence of gremlins would explain the many mechanical maladies that seem to plague this island. Boulder and Blades agree but Heatwave, using his noggin, doesn't buy it. Cody explains that gremlins are just myths made up by people looking for something to blame when things go wrong, which Heatwave does find believable, but Blades counters in a very logical way. He notes that aliens are also consider to be myths, yet they are aliens.

Kade's having a nightmare about trying to fly a malfunctioning plane during a storm, and a gremlins appears on the engine, tearing it apart and then leaping towards him.

This is Kade's second night shift rescue in a row. Evidently, he's had these nightmares before.

Kade and Cody almost got sliced and diced by the windmill blades!

I just noticed that Cody's hoverboard is actually the ComTab.

Okay, now the gremlins thing makes sense. Graham and Dani explain that, when they were little, they used to tell Kade scary gremlin stories because he was always bossing them around (Kade is the oldest of the siblings), and said stories would give him nightmares.

When Cody explains how everything feels real in a nightmare since it's like having one's worst fears come to life, Chase and Blades each state what their nightmares would probably contain:
  • Chase: A town where no one broke the law, rendering him useless.
  • Blades: Cumulus clouds, "they're nature's shapeshifters"
Okay, Doc has Kade use his new Nightmare Imaging Device, which Kade will use to go to sleep in and manifest crystalline hologram versions of the gremlins he's dreaming about, so that when KAde wakes up he can face his fears in the light of day. Dontcha thing that's pretty much asking for trouble, there?

And the newly-manifested gremlins break free. Whatdja expect, there, Doc?

Okay, so Doc had a plan this time. The crystal particles the gremlins are made of have only a limited amount of energy, so once that energy runs out, the gremlins disappear. I still expect something to backfire later.

Aha, the remaining gremlins are recharging themselves with electricity from any nearby electronic device that's currently plugged in. And this being Doc's lab, there's a LOT of stuff plugged in.

And now they're siphoning power from anything with a battery. Doc, now is the time to stop being amazed and start being concerned.

And once the gremlins escape, he wises up to the chaos that will indefinitely ensue.

Looks like the Bots are immune to the gremlins' energy siphoning since the gremlins only feed on electricity, not energon.

"Power Up and Energize!" Whoa! Chase has an energy net launcher for his tool. That's not one from the toys.

Hey, it's that platform from episode 1. Looks like it hasn't been used since as it's all rusty and covered in cobwebs on its underside.

The last few are heading for... the power plant!

Well, those gremlins sure poofed away fast after Kade shut down the power grid. I mean, it was inevitable that they would, but I would have thought that they might have enough juice to keep going for a bit longer after their having absorbed a fair amount of energy from the power plant. Yet, once Kade hit's the switch, they all just puff away mere seconds later. Eh, oh well.

HA! That cumulus cloud looks shaped like a (f)lobster.

This is one of those that I knew going in was going to be a pretty weird one, but for what set out to accomplish, it did it adequately enough. Like some episodes before it, the description made it seem like this would be a supernatural-based episodes, but also like said episodes before it, there was a scientific explanation rooted in all of it. What's more is that this episode gave us more focus on Kade, allowing us to get a look at a side of him we don't see very often: His cowardly side. Typically, Kade is shown to be very brave and daring, sometimes even to the point of crazy Leroy Jenkins levels, but always for a good cause since his heart is in the right place (even if he usually tries not to show it). He's a fireman and always willing to put his life on the line for others. But here, we see him in a state of vulnerability and weakness unable to function at optimal levels, so to speak. As he's always trying to be the macho man and play things cool, seeing him cope with his fears and the stress that comes with it reveals further layers to his character that we rarely see that often in shows aimed at this one's target demographic, which is something that is always welcome. Bottom line, a doofy premise with exceptional execution.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

We have the title, air date, and brief synopsis of the May 17th episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots thanks to Zap2it. The episode is titled The Island of Misfit Tech, and you can read a brief description below:

The Island of Misfit Tech
Cody and the Bots are led on an adventure to an island filled with dangerous technology.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Ah, I wondered what ever happened to Techrat when he wasn't in the Jem reunion special.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Episode 35 -

Whoa! Obscure reference! Whilst stargazing, Blades and Heatwave argue over where one can see the Mirtonian Star Cluster. The Mirtonian Constellation was first mentioned in G2 Laser Optimus Prime's toy bio, and first appeared in the Japanese G-2 manga.

The Maine Ridge Monster is New England's version of Sasquatch/Bigfoot.

Shorter version of the theme song this time.

Heatwave just got sprayed by a skunk, and he and the other Bots can smell it. Olfactory sensors?

Chase never travels with a Lad Pioneers Handbook.

The Closed Captions on my TV set spell the name of the guy Kade thinks Cody's photo of the monster is really of as "Mr. Talbott".

At the lunch fundraiser, Doc's newest invention is the Magnetic Insta-Grill.

Once again, the Mayor has fumbled Doc's lastest invention. He's set the local blimp on fire and it's crashing to the ground. Good thing the Team is on the scene.

Ooooh. The Mayor just made a joke about the Hindenburg. That might have been of poor taste, there, Mayor. (No pun intended on "taste")

Yeesh, Mr. Talbott is one scary-looking dude.

Uh oh, looks like the Mayor's canned products at the fundraiser have been falsely labeled. Knowing him, that'll come back to stir up trouble.

Cody wants to go after the monster, and Heatwave agrees. He's hungry for blood and wants revenge for the "monster" getting him skunked earlier. Chase is interested since he likes gathering evidence, but Boulder's not to excited since he thinks they ought to learn more about it before doing anything rash and violent.

Boulder goes to Graham for advice, who gives him the classic "people fear what they don't understand" mini-speech.

Boulder seems to have an interest in naming things. First he names the cross-eyed lion at the zoo "Whiskers", and here he dubs the Main Ridge Monster "Ridgey"

According to reports, the Maine Ridge Monster was said to have been first sighted on the mainland in the 1800s. It's either 8 feet tall or 18 feet tall, and either has a white patch on its chest or no white patch.

There really is something attacking the cannery, and it does look like a Sasquatch-type creature, but is it really the monster they're looking for?

It's destroying various crates of the same cans that Mayor Luskey's meat from the fundraiser was contained in.

Boulder is still unconvinced that "Ridgey" is as bad as the other think he is, thinking that he might be looking for something.

Whatever he's doing, "Ridgey" is HUGE! Larger than an adult human, but smaller than the Bots. He might come up to their waist/lower torso height. And he's superbly strong and agile. Just what IS he?

"Rescue Bots, Power Up and Energize!"

Heatwave's got his toy's axe, Blades has his toy's hook, and Chase has a non-toy shield.

There was some funky animation going on with Boulder's chest as he stood up when Chase helped him hold up the support beams. His neck extended extra long and then the rest of his chest stayed put for a second before following his rise all at once.

Boulder's Energize tool is a non-toy welding laser.

Cody's camera got wrecked during the incident, but "Ridgey" left some "monster hair" behind.

Dani points out that the hair is inorganic fake hair.

Graham can't stop eating the Mayor's Magic Meat.

The Mayor's been robbed. Someone broke into her personal storehouse last night and made off with his supply of Magic Meat.

Looks like the thief left a trail. The hunt is on.

The trail ends at the firehouse. Checking the security camera footage reveals "Ridgey" having come and destroyed the camera.

Uh oh, Graham's not feeling so good...

He's... He's metamorphosed! Like a werewolf! This goes beyond science fiction, here, guys! This is straight up fantasy levels, here!

They gotta go after him. Heatwave sounds like he's willing to go as far as killing the creature if that's what it's gonna take to stop it from harming anyone, even fully knowing that the creature is really Graham.

Closed Captions spell the name of the stuff Doc says was in the can as "Fo-Foo". Short for "Forever Food", because it had no expiration date. According to Doc, it was a failed product shelved back when he was a junior scientist. Fo-Foo research was discontinued when scientists found that, in the absence of UV rays, the meat caused "unusual behavior".

Apparently, a stockpile of unused Fo-Foo was sealed in Bunker 16, which backs right up against the mayor's mansion. And Fo-Foo has addictive properties.

Doc: "Now, the only place to find some..."
Chief: "Don't say it."
Doc: "Is on the Best Left Forgotten shelves."
Chief: *sigh* "Just once, couldn't something in the B.L.F. stay forgotten?"
Doc: "I'm afraid Griffin Rock is quite thorough when cataloging its scientific failures."

There's more than one monster! The Mayor was eating the meat at the funraiser, and the fake hair Cody found was Luskey's toupee. Luskey and Graham are both monsters!

Both monsters are in the building and dangerous close to some Nitroglycerin (which is highly explosive).

Boulder managed to get through to Monster Graham, while Monster Luskey had to be held down and restrained.

Doc says that both of them will continue to turn into were-creatures so long as there's Fo-Foo in their systems when the moon rises. But he has a cure. They must first counteract the synthetic food with fresh greens like raw broccoli, spinach, and kale.

Heatwave apologizes for nearly trouncing Graham.

Cody still thinks the Main Ridge Monster is out there somewhere... and he just might be right.

Aside from the very weird dip into the realm of fantasy with Graham and the Mayor literally metamorphosing into were-creatures, this one was quite decent. Plenty of suspense, a fair amount of action, and a good message about the fear of the unknown that feels evocative of many X-Men stories. Boulder turned out to be the star of this one despite Cody's prominence in regards to the Main Ridge Monster myth, and said myth helped to bring more world-building to this universe. I am a bit surprised they didn't try to play up the red herring of Mr. Talbott beyond his brief appearance at the fundraiser, but I guess it would have distracted more from the episode's main plot and would have been a bit cliche (an episode of Static Shock comes to mind that did something similar to this red herring idea), and with everything that happened in this one (and there was a LOT that happened), it was enough to keep us busy without one more plot thread added in. Another good one.

And next week, we get Mark Hamill!!!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Transformers: Rescue Bots - Season 2 Episode 14 Title and Synopsis

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 am

Television listings website Zap2it are at it again, giving us the title and brief synopsis of episode 14 of season two of Transformers: Rescue Bots - 'The Vigilant Town', which will air on 24th May. Read on below for the description, and a reminder of the airing dates so far!

The Vigilant Town The new computer designed to keep Griffin Rock safe becomes dangerous.

4/26/2014 What Lies Below
5/03/2014 What Rises Above
5/10/2014 Space Bots
5/17/2014 The Island of Misfit Tech
5/24/2014 The Vigilant Town
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby El Duque » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 am

The Hub Network has issued a press release for the May 5th episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots, What Rises Above, which features guest stars Mark Hamill and Peter Cullen! The press release found below includes a brief description of the episode. We also have a preview clip thanks to the FiguresDotCom YouTube channel. Check 'em out below. This exciting episode will air on May 5th at 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m.

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES AS THE RESCUE BOTS AND OPTIMUS PRIME FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL AND A WAY OUT FROM UNDERGROUND, ON “TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS,” MAY 3

Mark Hamill Guest Stars as Uncle Woodrow Burns and Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime

April 22, 2014

"What Rises Above" - Stuck underground and separated, the Rescue Bots and the Burnses, along with Optimus Prime, must regroup and work together to escape. Along the way they discover a primeval world of strange creatures, who may pose an even greater threat to their survival in the exciting conclusion of this two-part adventure on "Transformers Rescue Bots," Saturday, May 3 at 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network. Actor Mark Hamill guest stars as Uncle Woodrow, Chief Burns' adventurous and eccentric younger brother who often clashes with his older, more cautious sibling. Peter Cullen guest stars as Optimus Prime, the supreme leader of the Rescue Bots.

CAST:

Doc Greene (LeVar Burton)

Dani Burns (Lacey Chabert)

Cody Burns (Élan Garfias)

Chief Charlie Burns (Maurice LaMarche)

Kade Burns (Jason Marsden)

Graham Burns (Shannon McKain)

Francine Greene (Diamond White)

Huxley Prescott (Jeff Bennett)

Heatwave (Steve Blum)

Blades (Parvesh Cheena)

Chase (D.C. Douglas)

Boulder (Imari Williams)

GUEST CAST:

Woodrow Burns (Mark Hamill)

Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen)

PRODUCTION CREDITS:

Stephen Davis, Executive Producer

Brian Hohlfeld, Supervising Producer

Frank Molieri, Supervising Producer

Steven L. Sears, Writer

Nicole Dubuc, Story Editor

Kevin Altieri, Director

RATING: TV-Y7

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:

@IamLaceyChabert

@levarburton

@JasonMarsden

@DC_Douglas

@MAURICELAMARCHE

@Diamondkwhite

@Parvesh

@RogerCraigSmith

@Shannon Mckain

@NicoleDubuc

@ImariSpeaks

@blumspew

Hub Network @HubTVNetwork

http://www.Facebook.com/HubTVNetwork

Hub Network Online: http://www.hubnetwork.com

Press Information: http://press.discovery.com/us/hub/

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 am

After the previous Hub Network press release for the Transformers: Rescue Bots 'What Rises Above' episode, starring both Peter Cullen and Mark Hamill as guset voices, we also get a new clip via Zap2it and further information, all mirrored below!

Cody finds himself in a new world of trouble when his Uncle Woodrow comes to visit in a new episode of "Transformers Rescue Bots." Uncle Woodrow is voiced by "Star Wars" actor Mark Hamill, and his character is convinced aliens exist beneath the Earth's surface.

As can be seen in the below Zap2it-exclusive clip, that doesn't go very well when the machine Cody and Uncle Woodrow operates switches into auto pilot. Peter Cullen also guest stars in the episode as Optimus Prime, who comes with the rest of the Rescue Team to save Cody and his Uncle.

"Transformers Rescue Bots" airs Saturdays on The Hub at 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT.

http://zap2it.com/blogs/transformers_rescue_bots_clip_introduces_mark_hamill_as_uncle_woodrow-2014-04
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

Is it me, or does Uncle Woodrow actually looks a bit like Mark Hamill looks today (only not fully clean-shaven)?

Also, I think this clip might be from this week's episode, "What Lies Below", instead of next week's "What Rises Above" episode, since they both feature Hamill and Cullen as guest stars (it's a two-parter spread across both Saturdays) and this one seems to take place before Woodrow learns the true nature of the Bots.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Episode 36 -

Looks like Dani and Taylor are on a legitimate (picnic) date. It's rare that we see main human characters in TF cartoons involved in this kind of stuff so openly. And it's the preschool show that's doing it here.

Never mind. Picnic's been interrupted and put on hold thanks to a small gizmo running amok nearby and shooting lasers at random intervals.

And here he is. Woodrow Burns is the owner of the small device. No one knew he was coming, and the Bots didn't know he even existed.

The device is "Woody's" deep earth scout, designed to drill underground and collect data. The most recent data he's received has unearthed evidence that aliens may have visited the Earth centuries ago. And, according to the Prime cartoon, there were indeed some Cybertronians that visited Earth back then, as a great battle was once fought there and some cloned Predacons were sent there as well. I wonder if Woodrow's data related to either case.

Oh boy, Woodrow is like a kid in a candy store as he oogles over the "Rescue Robots". He's eager to test drive the police car, which Chief reminds him to go easy on as it's not their dad's old Jalopy. And, naturally, Woodrows speeds off sirens blazing. I think I like this guy.

Cody: "Uncle Woodrow is an archaeologist. Sort of. And an inventor. Sometimes. He's been around the world a lot. I think."

According to Woodrow's research, he's convinced that pictographs, pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. are all alien artifacts.

Woodrow believes he's found evidence of aliens within the caverns beneath Griffin Rock, all of which Chief brushes off as being rock formations, water dripping, and shadows on the walls. However, one of Woodrow's images catches Heatwave's attention, who secretly snaps a photo of it with a camera hidden in his insignia.

Woodrow plans to use the town's old tunnel forger to drill down into the Earth, and invites all of the family to come with. The others are up for it, except for a protesting Chief.

Chief confronts Woodrow about how he (Woodrow) was always the dreamer in the family, but never saw any of his dreams through to the end before moving on to another.

As Chase notices how complex a human sibling relationship is, Cody asks if Bots also have siblings. Boulder says that they don't, yet other works in this continuity have proven otherwise (Sideswipe and Sunstreaker being brothers in Retribution, for instance).

The thing Heatwave saw in Woodrow's imagery is confirmed by Optimus, whom he and Chief contacted, to be energon. It's a new supply that could be of great benefit the Autobots. And based on Team Prime's situation throughout the Prime cartoon, they really need it. Optimus says he'll be arriving in the morning to lead Heatwave's team underground.

Woodrow left early to sneak off to the forger. Cody's gone after him with Boulder, and the two have a talk. Woodrow wants to prove Chief wrong about Woodrow's ideas being hair-brained, but Cody convinces him that taking the forger isn't the best way to do that. After admitting that Cody's right about that, he also confesses about what he really wants to do, which is that he wants to prove to Chief that he's capable of doing something that Chief can be proud of, since all he's ever wanted was his big brother's approval. However, the forger malfunctions and starts up on autopilot, drilling through the cavern walls, taking Cody and Woodrow away with it, and knocking Boulder out with its energy drill.

After coming to, Boulder assesses the scene and realizes that he can't catch them with their going 70mph at a 40 degree angle, and so tries to call in for backup.

Optimus has arrived with the Rescue Trailer from the toyline, which he states is for transporting energon to the surface. He also looks taller than before.

Boulder's come running in with the news about the forger taking Cody and Woodrow. Optimus declares that what was once a mining expedition has now become a rescue mission.

The forger is finally stopped by its passengers as it arrived in a brightlylit underground cavern. The two have found the large blue crystal of energon, but are trapped down there.

Optimus's trailer not only has rocket boosters, but magic gravity defiance abilities that have Chase going, "Statistically speaking, that maneuver should not have worked."

Those are some BIG spiders. They gotta be roughly 10 inches from head to abdomen!

And the Team has finally arrived to fight off those spiders, which are actually putting up a decent challenge for the Bots. They've even webbed up Cody and Woodrow from neck to foot in less than a second each. Almost like they're mutant spiders or something.

Looks like Heatwave's water blasts are the only thing able to ward off the spiders.

Cody tries to tell his dad that it wasn't Woodrow's fault that the forger took off with them, but Woodrow owns up for his own mistakes and apologizes to Chief. He also feels bad about how pointless the whole ordeal was since none of his research merited any positive signs of aliens or lost civilizations or anything. He sees how much of his life he's wasted chasing shadows and decides that he'll head home and get out of their hair once they get to the surface.

When asked what he'll do, Woodrow doesn't know, but he's now accepted that things like Atlantis, Shangri-La, and aliens don't exist.

The others all look at Chief and convince him to not let Woodrow go on thinking he's been living the life of a fool and a failure, by letting Woodrow in on the family secret (even with approval from Optimus).

Woodrow dubs the robots "Cyber Knights" (don't quote me on that spelling), which Optimus corrects him as "Cybertronians".

Woodrow asks if they've been leaving artifacts on Earth for centuries, which Optimus answers, "That is a long story. For another day." Possibly a reference to the Iacon Relics, perhaps?

And just when we think things are starting to look up, the ground opens up beneath their feet, separates the Team, and swallows Optimus and Heatwave.

To be continued...

Well, what can't be said about this one? That was good. Very good! A top notch quality episode of the variety that doesn't involve a villain. Uncle Woodrow is very likable and highly entertaining, with Mark Hamill delivering the role in full. Far too often does the word "eccentric" get used to refer to a character who is comedic and over-the-top, but Woodrow is more grounded in his eccentricities and shows multiple sides of his personality. The introduction of an energon deposit served as a neat nod to the greater continuity with the Prime cartoon, and more nods thrown around here and there were the icing on the cake. The introduction of the forger also adds more to the history of the island, as it is very likely that it was very tool that created all those tunnels on the island. And the addition of Optimus with his toy's trailer was nice surprise, and here's hoping we get to see more of it (and hopefully its other mode) in the next episode. After today's show, I eagerly look forward to Part 2 next week.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Fri May 02, 2014 9:11 am

Courtesy of our friends at the Hub Network we have some extended descriptions from several upcoming episodes of Transformers: Rescue Bots. The full network highlights press release, which covers multiple other shows, can be found by clicking here. We've mirrored the Transformers: Rescue Bots info below:

“Transformers Rescue Bots” (Saturdays, 1:30–2 p.m. ET)

• May 3 – “What Rises Above”: Stuck underground and separated, the Rescue
    Bots, the Burnses and Optimus Prime, must regroup and work together to
    escape a primeval world of strange creatures.
  • May 10 – “Space Bots”: When an experimental Space Elevator strands Doc and
    Graham in orbit, the Rescue Bots dust off their old ship and attempt a risky
    rescue.
  • May 17 – “The Island of Misfit Tech”: An out-of-control mechanical bull leads
    Cody and the Bots on an adventure through the mysterious “Beam Box” to an
    island where dysfunctional technology is stored.
  • May 24 – “The Vigilant Town”: A new central computer is designed to keep
    everyone in Griffin Rock 100% safe, but its overly restrictive ways of keeping the
    humans safe prove dangerous.
  • May 31 – “Buddy System”: Finding themselves shackled to unusual partners
    during a nature hike, the Rescue Team battles a bevy of escaped snakes
    overrunning Griffin Rock.

Rating: TV-Y7
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 9:15 am

The "Buddy System" one is new.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Online version is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIalo4p0HYo

Episode 37 -

We're given a recap of last episode in the form of a video recording on the ComTab by Cody meant for Doc Greene to find and use to get help for them. However, the ComTab's satellite GPS doesn't work that deep underground, so it's going nowhere.

Wait, are they really not allowed to say "holy"--as in "holy guacamole"--in this show, that they have to replace it with "moldy guacamole"? That's... lame. Other kids' shows can say that.

With all that lava flowing in, Chief postulates that they must have tapped into one of Mount Magma's tunnels. That's the artificial volcano from way back in episode 2.

I literally cheered when Chase drove backwards up the side of that wall and did that sweet midair flip to land on the other side of the lava flow. Wooo!

"Power Up and Energize!" This time, Chase's claw acts like a long range extending grappling claw. Another cheer-worthy moment. Woo!

Though, that was a little too much excitement for Woodrow.

Wow, Heatwave has really matured since the show's beginning. He and Optimus just a had nice moment in which Optimus asked Heatwave if he was still interested in joining him on the mainland. Heatwave said that he and his team would be honored, but Optimus corrected him by saying that he was only asking Heatwave, not his whole team. As much as he's been dying to take up such an offer ever since he got on this planet, Heatwave respectfully declined since he recognizes that Optimus had asked him to lead his team, and that by leaving them behind, Heatwave would not only be failing them, but failing Optimus as well. And that is exactly the kind of answer Optimus was hoping to hear, for true leadership requires placing other's need above one's own ambitions. Optimus is pleased to see that Heatwave has learned that, to which Heatwave halfheartedly thanks him for (he either doesn't fully get what Optimus was saying, or he's a little bummed that he just turned down the opportunity he'd always wanted to come).

The cavern that the older Burns siblings, Blades, and Boulder are trapped in is all glowing purple and sparkly. Almost like Dark Energon... but blades and Boulder doesn't seem to have any ill effects from it, so probably not.

Oh, it's just fungus. That's no fun.

Whoa! There's a whole ecosystem located in one of the underground chambers. It's like Project: Genesis, for you Star Trek fans.

As Boulder walks towards the underground body of water, Blades stands in the background using a mirrored version of his stock animation model, but with his head still turned towards the right, er, our right.

A Pterodactyl!

Blades is nervous about flying near a "terror doctor". :lol:

Something pulled them underwater!

I'm not sure that's how a helicopter would work underwater.

Graham: "We need to find a safer cavern."
Boulder starts using his sonar on the cave wall.
Kade: "D'whoa, wait! How do you know there're not even bigger dinosaurs looking for a fight on the other side of that wall? Just, just, turn off your sonic doohickey. Unless you can use it to find Dad!"
Graham: "...Maybe we can!"
Boulder: "If I adjust my sound waves to compensate for the rock's fragibility..."
Graham: "And use the natural cavern acoustics to boost amplitude..."
Blades: "Is that what it sounds like to everyone else when we talk?"
Dani: "Nyeah. With more pop culture references."

Woodrow: "So, you aliens don't sleep. Now, do you eat?"
Chase: "U-Uh, not as humans do."
Woodrow: "Eeuohh, that answers my next question."

LOL, Maurice LaMarche and Mark Hamill making a "Pinkie Truce". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heatwave and Optimus found Prime's transport from last episode.

And a whole lotta Energon.

Yikes! Blades just tricked the pterodactyl into being eaten by the predatory sea creature. He basically led an innocent, albeit predatory itself, animal to its death. You know, for kids!

The leaders are here!

And the pterodactyl survived. I know it's because this is a kids' show, but I'm okay with it.

Graham notes that, even while inside the Bots, climbing the shaft's walls to reach the exit could take days.

So what they're going to do is ignite the energon deposit to make a larger explosion that will create enough force to shoot a platform that they will all ride up and out of the volcano like a rocket-powered elevator. Sigh, I was hoping Optimus would reveal that his trailer could turn into a large winged jetpack for them to all grab onto and ride out with him. After all, what good is promoting a toy if its gimmicks go undocumented in the media?

More Energize tool use. Heatwave's dual-water guns are being used as flamethrower welding torches, and Boulder's got his drill.

The bomb is attached to the ComTab. Sayonara, ComTab.

At least they didn't forget to bring the trailer with them. Eat your heart out, G1 cartoon. :P

Woodrow's heading out to see more of what's out there to explore in the world, after having witness so much so recently (giant alien robots, prehistoric reptiles, energon, etc.).

Optimus is proud of Sigma-17's progress. He also notes that, as Heatwave has grown into a strong leader, he mush be prepared "when the time comes..." Sounds foreboding, to me.

Hey, Optimus is driving off without his trailer. Dagnabbit, don't tell me he's left it behind.

This was a really cool episode. Lots of action and suspense, wonder and excitement, intrigue and imagination, and plenty of great lines. Mark Hamill and Peter Cullen once again deliver strong performances and will both be missed. The underground sanctuary with the prehistoric creatures was neat, but still warrants further exploration/investigation. We know how the seawater got down there, but the creatures that inhabit the ecosystem and how they've lasted down there all this time deserve more attention. Hopefully we'll get more of this down the line, what with season 3 supposing to have the Rescue Dinobots. About the only disappointment was Optimus's trailer not being to be anything more than just a trailer. Unlike the Mobile Headquarters' beastly introduction, this toy promotion was a bit of a letdown. Still, I may pick that thing up if I can find it on sale or discounted. but overall, this was another winner.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Episode 38 -

Huxley's reporting on the latest Griffin Rock invention: A "space elevator" called the Asgard. It rides upon a cable beyond the stratosphere, and said cable is really a laser beam. This is probably the most impressive thing developed by Griffin Rock yet.

Professor Baranova is back. And she's in Mission Control.

Doc and Graham seem to be the only crew members for such a large craft.

An accidental mispositioning and malfunction with Huxley's camera bot has interfered with the laser array. If the connection isn't restored before the launch (T-minus ten seconds), the overload of the system could destroy the Asgard, killing Doc and Graham inside it.

Doc and Graham are trapped inside since the airlock doors cannot open during the launch sequence.

The Bots make a break for the Asgard and Heatwave gets the camera out at the last moment, getting the laser cable back online just in time for liftoff.

Wow! Another faraway view of the island, and it sure looks more populated than when we last saw this view.

And a full overhead shot of the island. I think I can see Griffin Crest way in the back near the heart of the forest. The island is certainly a lot bigger than I thought it was.

Uh oh, Doc thinks he might have forgotten something and hopes it's not important. That's never good coming from him.

Graham and Doc are supposed to spend a whole week up there. Doc's excited, but Graham's not so thrilled.

The Asgard has reached its destination: 140 miles up.

Doc remembers what he forgot. Air sick bags. No biggie.

Man, this episode is full of some great shots of the island and the town.

The purpose of the Asgard was to give scientists easy access to space.

Rescue Force Sigma-17 hasn't actually ever performed any space rescues before. They've trained for shipboard rescues, but never had the chance to do one. Though, among, Blades flunked that part of the training. Poor guy.

Frankie's spotted a meteor near the Asgard. She's not worried, though, since she says her dad has been tracking that meteor for weeks. It's not meant to go anywhere near the Asgard. But it is headed for something. And that something appears to be a cluster of asteroids. and it has struck one, sending it in the direction of the Asgard.

The Asgard has a greenhouse pod, a laboratory pod, storage, and a living quarters.

Impact!!! The starboard pod was struck and knocked off! Oxygen and supplies are pouring out of the breach!

According to Baranova, the Asgard's interior pressure remains despite the damage. But their comm signals are down and can't be reached. She and her team are retracting the laser cable now. It'll take at least 30 minutes for them to land.

And now debris from the severed pod is coming down over the island. It's go time!

Several pieces will land in the water, but about five pieces will strike the island. One of which will hit at the intersection of Chaucer Street and Willow. The second at the Marina. The third at the zoo. And the last two both at the drive-in (I love Blades's reaction: "Two?! How are we--!").

"Power Up and Energize!" Chase is using an energized version of the Collision Foam Cannon for his tool.

As is Boulder.

But not Heatwave. He just jumped up and slammed into the flaming debris like a BOSS! WOOO!!

Kade: "Okay. Next time... we get a foam cannon."

Woo! Blades caught one piece in his scoop claw and then spun around to punch the other piece with the claw while holding onto the first. All Dani's idea, but still awesome.

And the fifth piece that got got punched away landed in a soccer field. Along with the other piece after Blades set it down.

The laser cable's been retracted, but the Asgard's gone. The asteroid must have knocked it off the laser cable.

The "space agency" (presumably NASA) has been notified, but won't have a ship available in five days. And the Asgard's still not responding.

Heatwave knows what has to be done.

The Asgard is still leaking oxygen. Doc's shut it down, but the oxygen generator is damaged. They only have about 30 minutes of air left.

And now we see where the Bots' ship has been kept all this time. Within a hidden hangar connected to the bunker underneath the firehouse.

And we finally have a name for the the Bots' ship: The Sigma.

Boulder and Chase are co-pilots, Blades is navigation, and Heatwave is likely the captain.

Doc and Graham plan to make an air scrubber to absorb carbon dioxide and replenish oxygen, using the plants in the still-intact greenhouse pod, in order to buy them some time until rescue efforts can reach them. However, the window in the greenhouse is cracking.

"Rescue Bots... Rocket to the Rescue!"

Cody accidentally stowed away aboard the Sigma. He was bringing the Bots a first aid kit for Doc and Graham, and didn't realize they had already begun the launch sequence while he was still aboard. He has to stay inside Heatwave's cockpit since they can't go back yet. Though, he enters through Heatwave's windshield retracting so that Heatwave doesn't have to transform.

Heatwave's going to go get Graham and Doc, but forgot he had Cody inside him. He at first refuses to take Cody into danger, but Cody convinces him that he'll be fine since they have to hurry.

The tether line's jammed, so Heatwave will have to make the jump without it.

Heatwave's on the Asgard. He's got them!

The window's cracked, and it's sucking Heatwave out and away from everyone!

Yes! He's using his water guns to propel himself back towards the Sigma. Not sure if that would actually work in space (I'm no expert on this), but a happy ending is good enough for me.

And the Sigma has brought back down the Asgard to the beach. Though, lots of civilians must have seen the Sigma, so how will it be explained to them?

Chief brought everyone in the old squad car.

Heh, even Kade's willing to give Graham a hug.

Doc wonders how they'll explain "all this" to Baranova. Chief suggests they say that they came home the old-fashioned way: Splashdown.

The Bots really enjoyed being able to fly the old bird again, and hope to be able to so again someday. But right now, nothing beats rolling to the rescue on good ol's Terra Firma for Heatwave.

Jeff Bennett voiced the "Countdown Voice".
Lacey Chabert voiced the "Female Robotic Voice".
Steve Blum voiced "Technician 1".
Kath Soucie voiced "Technician 2".

Holy snap! This episode was amazing! I know it was a filler, but slag it was awesome! Just, just, goodness gracious! More of this, please and thank you! This was high quality stuff for this show. Really gripping, action-packed, suspenseful, thrilling, and remarkably intelligent. This plot could really work well for most other TF cartoons, and that it got to be this one that did it made this one extra special. They were really at their A game in this one. One the most ambitious episodes yet! A+ work all around!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am

Here's the latest Transformers: Rescue Bots episode info courtesy of Zap2it. The June 7th episode is titled In Search of the Griffin's Nest, see the brief synopsis below:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Fri May 16, 2014 8:05 am

Zap2it's Transformers: Rescue Bots program guide has been updated with the titles of episodes 17 and 18. The June 14th episode is titled Bots and Robbers, and the June 21st episode is titled Rescue Dog. No synopsis is given for either, but we will update when they become available.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Fri May 16, 2014 10:36 am

The official Transformers YouTube channel has uploaded a preview clip from this week's new episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots, The Island Of Misfit Tech. We've embedded the clip below for easy viewing. Be sure to tune into the Hub Network tomorrow at 1:30pm ET, 12:30pm CT.

See what happens this week on the Rescue Bots when an out-of-control mechanical bull leads Cody and the Rescue Bots on an adventure through the mysterious "Beam Box" to an island where dangerous tech is stored.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Sat May 17, 2014 1:05 pm

The Transformers: Rescue Bots program guide over on Zap2it brings us yet another upcoming episode title, Changes. This new episode is scheduled to air on June 28th, no synopsis at the moment.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Foxbear » Sat May 17, 2014 6:01 pm

:D Rescue bots just continues to get better. :D
Something that is really catching my attention are are very broad hints that the show is dropping. Given Optimus's testing and subsequent commending of Heatwave and suggestion that he was ready for more responsibility one has to ask if the Rescue Bots are going to be made the resident ambassadors to Earth When the rest of the Autobots pull out?
Foxbear
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
NEW!
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON