This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:29 am

One thing a lot of people overlook is the Transformers is naturally a compromise. There's 4 ways it could go and I'll explain why all of them would lead to mass hate.

1. Human story focused and minimal robot story and action. This one would probably be loved by critics but hated by many TF lovers. It would probably have a high score but end up being like Godzilla where the last 10 minutes is when he arrives.

2. Robot focused story with minimal amounts of human story. This I would love because it would be like the TV series. Robot personalities and big action without worrying much about human interference. The critics would hate this badly! But real fans would love it the most. So essentially it would fail again.

3. Then there is the possibility of a strong human story and a strong robot story. Also fans would love more characters from the transformers perspective which would mean a ton of human and robot character development. This film would also be hated on. Why? Easy it would be a solid 3 and half hour film. There's a reason the tv series gets high praises. More episodes to flesh it out perfectly.

4. A war for cybertron type movie that completely eradicates every human actor. This won't sit well with critics or fans of the human cast.

In short you will never get a perfect Transformer film.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Bleak5170 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:48 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Well said Sub-Prime. It amazes me that so many people fail to realize that a Transformers movie with no humans simply wouldn't bring in as much money. The more money these movies make, the more movies we will get. They may not be the perfect Transformers fanoby's dream, but we never would have made it to 4 flicks otherwise.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 am

I'm happy to know other folks understand how compromising it is. I will always choose number 2 and 4. Why? Real Transformers lover.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Bleak5170 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:36 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Sub-Prime wrote:I'm happy to know other folks understand how compromising it is. I will always choose number 2 and 4. Why? Real Transformers lover.

People need to remember they have to completely disconnect their childhood love of a franchise from it's movie adaptations, otherwise you're only going to be disappointed. At least TF fans have it better than G.I. Joe fans as those movies are even worse!

While an all-Transformer movie would be cool, I think we need some human element in order for people to relate to the story. In the cartoons I would have no problem with zero human element, but I think you need it in these big blockbuster movies.
Last edited by Bleak5170 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

If another director steps in I hope it's a Transformers fan director. I hope it's not Nolan. A non fan director will be human bias in my opinion.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby SFXPrime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:46 pm

It looks like the next film will based mostly in space which would be super cool! Hopefully they put at least one actual female Autobot in it. I can totally see Windblade next to Drift since they both share that Japanese theme. My mind would be blown if she was also a triple changer like Drift. She can be a V-Tol aircraft, a black and red Lamborghini Egoista, and her robot mode. I would totally love to have Maggie Q voice her! She has an incredible voice.
SFXPrime
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sub-Prime wrote:I'm happy to know other folks understand how compromising it is. I will always choose number 2 and 4. Why? Real Transformers lover.

When I first saw this post I thought you were saying that Revenge of the Fallen and Age of Extinction were your favourites :lol:

There was three female Autobots in RotF, Arcee, Elita 1 and Chromia. Of course given their screen time you could be forgiven for forgetting about them.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Bloodlust » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Motto: "Motrin and water cures everything"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
So I saw AOE this past Saturday, but being a good 31 year old student I needed to finish my homework before I could play on this thread :P

Let me say that I have viscously loved all the movies in the Live Action continuity, and by the way, I love G1 as well, hell I love ALL Transformers media (except Energon and Cybertron).

So let me just say this movie was exactly why I watch, giant space robots running around causing mayhem and destruction! =P~

Lockdown was just absolutely bad ass. Nothing to add, I mean what can you add, his FACE is the Swiss Army Knife of Transformers, your argument is invalid.

I feel for Ratchet, reminds of the scene in the Last of the Mohicans when the General gets his heart cut out and eaten, painful to the last moment.

The humans are a vast improvement over the previous series, of course maybe I am slightly immature for my age, but I found myself chuckling at quite a few parts.

The humor was appropriate and came at the right time. Personally, I would probably be a little crazy if I found out I was carrying the equivalent of a tactical nuclear missile on my back, and who hasn't been in the situation where a bunch of old ladies just won't get the F*** out of the way?

I loved the new team of bots, and I am a Decepticon lover through and through, but Hound took it for me. Fat Ballerina = spitting out my coke. I also enjoyed the conflict between the Autobots without Prime around, it really sold us on how important Prime really is to that faction.

I could care less about Bumblebee's regression, since I never liked him in the first place (braces for s***storm), but his reaction to the Stinger model was appropriate.

Now, I am sure I will catch a BUNCH of flak for this, but I love the new and more pissed off Prime. I'm sorry, but after all the crap he's been through, I don't blame him for saying f*** humanity. His reaction when seeing Ratchet killed and melted down was priceless and probably one of the most emotional scenes. I never thought I would hear the words "He will die" come out of his mouth and it made the hair on my neck stand up, which is what I have always wanted out of Prime. Not to mention that his motivational speech to the Dinobots was incredible. The Navy should use Prime as a motivational speaker.

Crosshairs, interesting to see a dickhead Autobot.

Drift, not bad would of liked to of seen some more sword wielding action.

Galvatron, can't wait to see what he's going to be like in the next few films.

Dinobots? Pure Awesome. Would it of been nice if they spoke? Sure but just seeing them tear down through Hong Kong was good enough for me.

Best line in the movie? "I was expecting a giant car."

Run time? Didn't care, was to absorbed in watching this.

Once again, just my .02 and nobody is going to change it for me. I was glad I got to see it in the theaters though. I would defintely see it again.

Forgot the one thing that bothered me, where the HELL is the Matrix of Leadership? I understand the quasi-reboot but if you're going to bring in Chicago from DOTM, then give us SOMETHING on where the Matrix is. That is my ONLY complaint.
Last edited by Bloodlust on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIC WIN sig by slip!!
Psychout wrote:Less of the drama please, this is the internet, it's serious business.
Bloodlust
Headmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:23 pm

It's funny I like all 4 movies even though I have gripes with all of them. Rotf which is hated on mainly for the twins and the so called racist humor paired with some wacky human characters was actually good when those things weren't apparent enough. If you watch ROTF and skim through certain parts it's not bad. I also loved the robot action in that movie a lot.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Bloodlust wrote:So I saw AOE this past Saturday, but being a good 31 year old student I needed to finish my homework before I could play on this thread :P

Let me say that I have viscously loved all the movies in the Live Action continuity, and by the way, I love G1 as well, hell I love ALL Transformers media (except Energon and Cybertron).

So let me just say this movie was exactly why I watch, giant space robots running around causing mayhem and destruction! =P~

Lockdown was just absolutely bad ass. Nothing to add, I mean what can you add, his FACE is the Swiss Army Knife of Transformers, your argument is invalid.

I feel for Ratchet, reminds of the scene in the Last of the Mohicans when the General gets his heart cut out and eaten, painful to the last moment.

The humans are a vast improvement over the previous series, of course maybe I am slightly immature for my age, but I found myself chuckling at quite a few parts.

The humor was appropriate and came at the right time. Personally, I would probably be a little crazy if I found out I was carrying the equivalent of a tactical nuclear missile on my back, and who hasn't been in the situation where a bunch of old ladies just won't get the F*** out of the way?

I loved the new team of bots, and I am a Decepticon lover through and through, but Hound took it for me. Fat Ballerina = spitting out my coke. I also enjoyed the conflict between the Autobots without Prime around, it really sold us on how important Prime really is to that faction.

I could care less about Bumblebee's regression, since I never liked him in the first place (braces for s***storm), but his reaction to the Stinger model was appropriate.

Now, I am sure I will catch a BUNCH of flak for this, but I love the new and more pissed off Prime. I'm sorry, but after all the crap he's been through, I don't blame him for saying f*** humanity. His reaction when seeing Ratchet killed and melted down was priceless and probably one of the most emotional scenes. I never thought I would hear the words "He will die" come out of his mouth and it made the hair on my neck stand up, which is what I have always wanted out of Prime. Not to mention that his motivational speech to the Dinobots was incredible. The Navy should use Prime as a motivational speaker.

Dinobots? Pure Awesome. Would it of been nice if they spoke? Sure but just seeing them tear down through Hong Kong was good enough for me.

Once again, just my .02 and nobody is going to change it for me. I was glad I got to see it in the theaters though. I would defintely see it again.

Your post mirrors my exact feelings on the movie!
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Bloodlust wrote:So I saw AOE this past Saturday, but being a good 31 year old student I needed to finish my homework before I could play on this thread :P

Read this ... liked it agreed with what you said exchange coca cola for Dr pepper

And I wish more of the cons had names besides junkheap Galvatron and stinger thank goodness they killed of a shelf warmer and his twin but why some of the cooler characters... >=(. though considering jazz & game exclusive create a bot died in the first movie. hate it when they kill if good characters.
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wait, what do you mean create a bot character?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Burn » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Sub-Prime wrote:If another director steps in I hope it's a Transformers fan director. I hope it's not Nolan. A non fan director will be human bias in my opinion.

I disagree. I think a "fan" of the series would be far too biased and would create something that would appeal to a small demographic rather than the larger demographic which is what brings in all the money.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Burn wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:If another director steps in I hope it's a Transformers fan director. I hope it's not Nolan. A non fan director will be human bias in my opinion.

I disagree. I think a "fan" of the series would be far too biased and would create something that would appeal to a small demographic rather than the larger demographic which is what brings in all the money.

No I was saying that a director fan would be more bias towards the robots vs human. I prefer the robots get 60-70% of the running time dedicated to them and the humans 30-40%. That's why I love AOE because it comes the closes to what I consider perfect. It only needed more decepticon and dinobot dialogue and personality to be just that.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Chronos One » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:34 pm

The movie would've been much better if it had less human to human interaction. The Dinobots should've had more time to build up their characters and at the very least, spoke. The movie would've been better if prime was killed by Galvatron, shortly after killing lockdown. Also, maybe seeing the Quintessons somewhere in the movie woulda jazzed things up a bit. Where did Prime get the ability to fly without his trailer? Very long movie that could have been much better and shorter without all the human character building. Was hoping that the seed woulda been used by Galvatron shortly after killing Prime (or Prime being still alive, flys off as if abandoning Earth) and thus with the seed, turned a city into Trypticon. Then the Dinobots could go against Trypticon. Then in the next movie Prime, could of killed the quintessons and brought Fort Max and the headmasters to Earth (if he was not to be killed by Galvatron). I give it a C-.
Chronos One
Mini-Con

Postby Skywarp64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sub-Prime wrote:In short you will never get a perfect Transformer film.

Then I guess it's a good thing we already have one, isn't it?

PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
[list]
[*]Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's Supermode Head
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's "Super Smokestacks", or whatever those big grey guns on his Supermode shoulders are called
[*]G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Postby Sub-Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

If only that could count as a live action film..lol
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Skywarp64 wrote:

To you, it may be perfect. As the saying goes, "Nothing is perfect." In fact, when this movie first debuted, it was one of the worst animated films out there (at least, that's what critics back then said).
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Skywarp64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Mindmaster wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:

To you, it may be perfect. As the saying goes, "Nothing is perfect." In fact, when this movie first debuted, it was one of the worst animated films out there (at least, that's what critics back then said).

To hell with the critics.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
[list]
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's "Super Smokestacks", or whatever those big grey guns on his Supermode shoulders are called

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster

Postby Skywarp64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:

To hell with the critics.
[list]

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Skywarp64 wrote:

That movie was nothing more than an excuse for Hasbro to kill off all the badass Transformers and replace them all with stupid ones, so they could make and sell new toys. It's far from perfect.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Burn » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Sub-Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:

No I was saying that a director fan would be more bias towards the robots vs human. I prefer the robots get 60-70% of the running time dedicated to them and the humans 30-40%. That's why I love AOE because it comes the closes to what I consider perfect. It only needed more decepticon and dinobot dialogue and personality to be just that.

I stand by what I said. A "fan" director would create something that would appeal to the small demographic (fans) rather than the larger demographic (the general movie going public).

Chronos One wrote:Very long movie that could have been much better and shorter without all the human character building.

Actually it was needed to establish the new characters. Admittedly, we could have done without the boyfriend. He served one purpose and that was to add banter between boyfriend and girlfriends over-protective father.

Chronos One wrote:Was hoping that the seed woulda been used by Galvatron shortly after killing Prime (or Prime being still alive, flys off as if abandoning Earth) and thus with the seed, turned a city into Trypticon. Then the Dinobots could go against Trypticon. Then in the next movie Prime, could of killed the quintessons and brought Fort Max and the headmasters to Earth (if he was not to be killed by Galvatron). I give it a C-.

No offense but ... too much fan wank.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SFXPrime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 pm

I don't get all the praise for the 80's animated movie, that movie was terrible to say the least. Seriously, Hot Rod, the chosen one, really? There is a reason why the G1 series quickly died not too long after that. I think the only good thing that came out of that movie was Unicron.
SFXPrime
Mini-Con

Postby Skywarp64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

SFXPrime wrote:I don't get all the praise for the 80's animated movie, that movie was terrible to say the least. Seriously, Hot Rod, the chosen one, really? There is a reason why the G1 series quickly died not too long after that. I think the only good thing that came out of that movie was Unicron.

I could be wrong about this, but I think it gets a lot more praise now than it used to because the Michael Bay films have made it brilliant by comparison.
[list]

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sub-Prime wrote:3. Then there is the possibility of a strong human story and a strong robot story. Also fans would love more characters from the transformers perspective which would mean a ton of human and robot character development. This film would also be hated on. Why? Easy it would be a solid 3 and half hour film. There's a reason the tv series gets high praises. More episodes to flesh it out perfectly.

I think this would be the easiest "hate" to fix. It could go the same route as the original Star Wars trilogy, or LoTR and The Matrix a while ago, or even The Hunger Games nowadays. Make it a 2-parter. Leave a nice cliffhanger making the people wanting more, and still get all the necessary story and action in at the same time.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211059 2B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr O FOC Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228340 8O Chatzoudis"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210650 9I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 incv 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211066 (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210588 8I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Cvr A Boom Comics 2021 AUG210932 1A (CA) Shehan"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210866 6G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #70 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0723IM413 70D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 NOV210747 4D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #59 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JAN230300 59C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr D Image Comics 2024 1223IM334 83D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #42 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 MAY220288 42E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #43 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220290 43B (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON