This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

G2 Stunticons and other rarities on eBay

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: G2 Stunticons and other rarities on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:
shajaki wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:[
As for me, my grail would be Shattered Glass Starscream, without having to pay 500$ for it.

does shattered glass starscream really command that price? jeeze... makes sense though. i follow everything botcon on ebay and until recently (one listing a few days ago) i cant remember the last time i saw one.

Well, the only things available on Ebay are WHOLE 2008 Botcon sets... Starting at 2000 modda fawking dollars!
:BANG_HEAD:

Stay patient and you'll be able to find SG Starscream for under $200. They're out there, just not that frequently.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:03 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Caelus wrote:Is it at all possible the G2 Stunticons were bought by a toy museum or something, rather than a private collector?

I'm looking for the bidding history, and of course the names are partially hidden. I did see some really weird bidding: a jump from $455 to $1500, and one from $18,500 to $26,800 at the very end, plenty of automatic bids.

I smell shenanigans. :-?

That's how eBay works. Nothing fishy with those numbers. Someone bid a max amount of something around $26,800, someone put in more at the last minute which ups the bid to the max amount of the 2nd highest bidder. If you're bidding on an item like this, you aren't bidding a little bit at a time, you are bidding thousands of dollars at a time. I bet the winning bidder put in something around $30k which is what I would have done had I wanted to drop enough money to buy a car.

Winning bidder had a max bid of $26,815.00 you can tell because the second highest bid would is $26,800 at this point bids go up in increments of $1000 (or $100) if his max bid is $30,000 and the last person bids $26,800 the winning bid would be $27,800 (or $26,900 if increments are in $100) so basically the winner of this auction won by 15 bucks!
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
mooncake623 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Caelus wrote:Is it at all possible the G2 Stunticons were bought by a toy museum or something, rather than a private collector?

I'm looking for the bidding history, and of course the names are partially hidden. I did see some really weird bidding: a jump from $455 to $1500, and one from $18,500 to $26,800 at the very end, plenty of automatic bids.

That's how eBay works. Nothing fishy with those numbers. Someone bid a max amount of something around $26,800, someone put in more at the last minute which ups the bid to the max amount of the 2nd highest bidder. If you're bidding on an item like this, you aren't bidding a little bit at a time, you are bidding thousands of dollars at a time. I bet the winning bidder put in something around $30k which is what I would have done had I wanted to drop enough money to buy a car.

Winning bidder had a max bid of $26,815.00 you can tell because the second highest bid would is $26,800 at this point bids go up in increments of $1000 (or $100) if his max bid is $30,000 and the last person bids $26,800 the winning bid would be $27,800 (or $26,900 if increments are in $100) so basically the winner of this auction won by 15 bucks!

It's not the max bid of the winning bidder, it's the max bid of the 2nd place bidder. While it could be entirely possible that the max bid was 26815 for the winner, it's not very likely. Ebay only ups the bid to the max bid of the current bidder plus whatever increment ebay has in place.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am

Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

It's not the max bid of the winning bidder, it's the max bid of the 2nd place bidder. While it could be entirely possible that the max bid was 26815 for the winner, it's not very likely. Ebay only ups the bid to the max bid of the current bidder plus whatever increment ebay has in place.

Right but the increment is not 15 bucks. So if max bid of the second bidder is 26800 and Max bid of the winner is less than the next increment it'll go to whatever the max bid is of the winner. Increments at that level is no long 5 or 10 dollars its either 100 or 1000 dollar increments.
Looking for:
mooncake623
City Commander

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 am

Guys, there weren't shenanigans with the bidding. Decently well-known collector HighPrime was the winner and he's on record stating that he knows who his one person competition was (I had to lurk TFW to find all that out, I don't think he posts here).
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby HighPrime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
ScottyP wrote:Guys, there weren't shenanigans with the bidding. Decently well-known collector HighPrime was the winner and he's on record stating that he knows who his one person competition was (I had to lurk TFW to find all that out, I don't think he posts here).

No, I don't post like I did a long time ago here; but I still have an account (seems to be working still, heh).

I made an exception to post so you all don't have to search for answers. Not that I feel I am of particular importance, but If you have any questions I'll be looking at this thread to respond to minimize the search for details.

Thanks all!
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10

Postby Mkall » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Congrats on the win HighPrime. Please consider loaning the set to a photographer to make images available to us less fortunate.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 pm

HighPrime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Guys, there weren't shenanigans with the bidding. Decently well-known collector HighPrime was the winner and he's on record stating that he knows who his one person competition was (I had to lurk TFW to find all that out, I don't think he posts here).

No, I don't post like I did a long time ago here; but I still have an account (seems to be working still, heh).

I made an exception to post so you all don't have to search for answers. Not that I feel I am of particular importance, but If you have any questions I'll be looking at this thread to respond to minimize the search for details.

Thanks all!

Congratulations again, HighPrime! That's an extremely awesome set to have in your collection.

If there's an opportunity to photograph these, I'd be honored to provide everyone with photos of them on Seibertron.com. I would be willing to work out something with you for shipping and making sure that they are properly insured in transit. JRFitzpatrick and I used FedEx when I photographed his Lucky Draw Unicron a few years back which worked out very well.

If you are not interested or comfortable in doing this, I would completely understand and would probably feel the same way. Just thought I'd reach out to you in case you were interested.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby HighPrime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Mkall wrote:Congrats on the win HighPrime. Please consider loaning the set to a photographer to make images available to us less fortunate.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I actually own all of the necessary equipment to photograph these, should I actually open the baggies.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:34 pm

HighPrime wrote:

Thanks all!

Congrats on the score! I'm glad this set went to a true blue collector and not someone looking to flip 'em or something silly like that.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:38 pm

HighPrime wrote:
Mkall wrote:Congrats on the win HighPrime. Please consider loaning the set to a photographer to make images available to us less fortunate.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I actually own all of the necessary equipment to photograph these, should I actually open the baggies.

Even better ... looking forward to seeing your pictures if you open them up. That'd be a tough decision for many collectors!
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby HighPrime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Seibertron wrote:
HighPrime wrote:

Thanks all!

Congratulations again, HighPrime! That's an extremely awesome set to have in your collection.

If there's an opportunity to photograph these, I'd be honored to provide everyone with photos of them on Seibertron.com. I would be willing to work out something with you for shipping and making sure that they are properly insured in transit. JRFitzpatrick and I used FedEx when I photographed his Lucky Draw Unicron a few years back which worked out very well.

If you are not interested or comfortable in doing this, I would completely understand and would probably feel the same way. Just thought I'd reach out to you in case you were interested.

Many thanks for the well wishes! It will indeed be the centerpiece of my collection. I don't collect prototypes, preproduction, or any pre-Transformers figures of any kind normally. I made an exception for these (and would do the same for G2 Defensor, but that's it). Ever since learning about these many moons ago, I have always wanted the chance to own the set. Mission accomplished.

As for shipping, even the seller is not shipping these to me. He's personally delivering them to me at no charge. This seller is a class act.

As for photos, this is a tough one. When I first bought these, I had every intention of opening them pending a thorough review of the pros/cons. The more I think about it, the more this may not happen. This set is coming from the ORIGINAL owner who worked at Hasbro. More details on this and his place at Hasbro will be coming later on once the seller is able to divulge this information. I'm not concerned about the value so much as preserving its place in TF history at this point. Opening them will alter its history. I have a tough choice to make and a lot of information to review. (Keep perspective everyone, please... not like I'm equating this on the same level as Sophie's choice..) I can tell you that whatever choice I make will be an informed one, and will be what I think is best for myself, the toys (yes I said it.. TOYS, ha!), and the community at large.

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, please feel free to share them with me. Please be reasonable, though. I will definitely take them into consideration.

Thanks again!
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:51 pm

If it was me, I'd open them, but that's because I like to watch the world burn >:oP

On a non-joking note, if I owned a set like this it'd be treated like a museum piece and I'd find some hermetically sealed sterile glass case to put them in. These are about as close as this hobby gets to rocket-firing Boba Fett or the first comic featuring Superman.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby HighPrime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:57 pm

ScottyP wrote:
HighPrime wrote:

Thanks all!

Congrats on the score! I'm glad this set went to a true blue collector and not someone looking to flip 'em or something silly like that.

Thank you once again. No, this will definitely not be leaving my collection in such an unceremonious matter. In fact, if/when this ever does go out, I will ensure that collectors with the same intentions get first opportunity to take ownership of the set so that its legacy can be preserved.

Also, getting back to the competition, yes I do know him. We've exchanged many messages over the years. Wouldn't say were best buds, of course. I don't socialize much. Anyway, I met him actually at OTFCC in 2003. Though, there is no way he'd know who I am if we met personally. When we met, I was trying to decide whether I was going to preorder a TFC G1 Reissue Soundwave off of him. I didn't buy it...
Last edited by HighPrime on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby HighPrime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

ScottyP wrote:If it was me, I'd open them, but that's because I like to watch the world burn >:oP

On a non-joking note, if I owned a set like this it'd be treated like a museum piece and I'd find some hermetically sealed sterile glass case to put them in. These are about as close as this hobby gets to rocket-firing Boba Fett or the first comic featuring Superman.

Believe me, the temptation is there. If this had happened a few years ago, this decision would have been fairly one sided - OPEN! Different person, different time, different place now.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
HighPrime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:If it was me, I'd open them, but that's because I like to watch the world burn >:oP

Believe me, the temptation is there. If this had happened a few years ago, this decision would have been fairly one sided - OPEN! Different person, different time, different place now.

Look like you have connections.
Sooooo...... Do you know where I can find a Shattered Glas Starscream for a relatively reasonable price? No need to be sealed but it must be complete, with paperworks and accessories.

Thanks!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
HighPrime wrote:

Look like you have connections.
Sooooo...... Do you know where I can find a Shattered Glas Starscream for a relatively reasonable price? No need to be sealed but it must be complete, with paperworks and accessories.

Thanks!

Here's one on eBay right now for under $200 shipped from Italy ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-BO ... 3391b440d9
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 am

ScottyP wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
shajaki wrote:
As for me, my grail would be Shattered Glass Starscream, without having to pay 500$ for it.

does shattered glass starscream really command that price? jeeze... makes sense though. i follow everything botcon on ebay and until recently (one listing a few days ago) i cant remember the last time i saw one.

Well, the only things available on Ebay are WHOLE 2008 Botcon sets... Starting at 2000 modda fawking dollars!

Stay patient and you'll be able to find SG Starscream for under $200. They're out there, just not that frequently.

There's one currently posted on eBay for less than $200 shipped.

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 am

It's that simple."
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
shajaki wrote:

There's one currently posted on eBay for less than $200 shipped.

Thanks!
Ack! 60$ for shipping alone! :sad:
Making an offer anyway. :HEADHURTS:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:01 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:Thanks!

So did you get it? It looks like this listing has ended for SG Starscream. Hopefully you got it!
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:49 pm

It's that simple."
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Thanks!

So did you get it? It looks like this listing has ended for SG Starscream. Hopefully you got it!

I DID! :KREMZEEK:

I made an offer for 75 Euros. The seller accepted right away! The shipping was still 40 Euros so I do hope the thing will come home FAST.
All in all, I'm 172$CAN poorer and it may cost me anoter 30ish $ in custom fees. No matter, 200$ was the price I was ready to pay and I got it!

Sure, the rent will be a bit late this month, but no regrets! :twisted:

By the pictures, Starscream look 100% complete but I dont know if he have his bio card and/or his instructions. Oh well, paperworks or not, I'm glad ad hell! One of my main grail have been found, all thanks to you!
:BOWDOWN:

Now, what will my next grail be?........

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:One of my main grail have been found, all thanks to you!
:BOWDOWN:

Now, what will my next grail be?........

Glad I could help! Make sure you've got your eBay settings set to worldwide if you don't already. You never know what our friends across the ponds have in stock for us over here! That Voyager Starscream mold is a fantastic mold. I would have gladly taken a proper Thrust and Ramjet out of it as well. Maybe the Club can come through for us through their Subscription Service at some point. * hint * hint * Or at least the Energon Seeker mold in Skywarp and Thundercracker colors :D
Seibertron
Site Owner

Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay!

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:41 am

Ebayer seller z75sales is at it again! After selling the G2 Stunticons in an Ebay auction that ended at $26,815, he now has up unreleased G2 Go-Bots for sale here. Few have know these even existed let alone seen them. We've mirrored the images below for your viewing pleasures and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Looking for:
mooncake623
City Commander

Postby SentinelA » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am

I wonder who these would've been. Hound is pretty obvious but the others aren't. See 2 molds that have never been used. a shame.
SentinelA
Headmaster

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Has the Hound GoBot ever been seen before? I swear I've never seen that one and it didn't make it into RID like a few other Spychangers did that were leftovers from G2. This is an absolutely amazing collection this seller got his hands on. Absolutely amazing!

ScottyP ... we've got to talk about this stuff on the podcast. All of this is truly a piece of history that we just don't see that often with this hobby.
Seibertron
Site Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON