This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Postby Torneira » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:47 pm

So, if it isn't too hard to transform Star Saber, will this affect the price in a positive way?
Due to the fact that it wouldn't be a lot of engineering involved to make him transform.
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Torneira wrote:So, if it isn't too hard to transform Star Saber, will this affect the price in a positive way?
Due to the fact that it wouldn't be a lot of engineering involved to make him transform.

That's a good question. Keep in mind that there's a general set price point for Masterpieces that Takara tries to stay within so who knows. They might load him up with little add ons to keep the price on the same level.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby megatronus » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Torneira wrote:So, if it isn't too hard to transform Star Saber, will this affect the price in a positive way?

That's a good question. Keep in mind that there's a general set price point for Masterpieces that Takara tries to stay within so who knows. They might load him up with little add ons to keep the price on the same level.

Given recent trends, I think we can safely assume at least a baseline price of $160.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I don't see a lot in the way of joints or seams that would give an idea as to how the figure comes together. I really feel keeping the Brainmaster gimmick intact is crucial.

This is a really important point.

Star Saber's transformation is so simple, if the complexity is not in his "nesting doll" attributes, we're getting screwed over.

Absolutely. Is it too early to start wishing for a MP Victory Leo?

NEVER
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of the fine folks over on the Planet Iacon Facebook page we have an image from one of the Japanese hobby magazines featuring new images of the Masterpiece Star Saber prototype. The images give us our first look at Saber and the vehicles modes. We also get a look at MP-22 Ultra Magnus, the Movie Advance G1 style Deluxe Wheeljack, and the massive non-transforming Scorponok figure from Gigantic Action.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
SABER!!!!!

Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sabrblade wrote:SABER!!!!!

Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

Then it will truly be the best MP evah!!
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:40 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I want this...Wonder if the sword sheaths the same way as in victory. Still would like to know if there's a victory Leo on the way.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
All the fuzzy feelings inside. :x
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:28 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
ZeroWolf wrote:I want this...Wonder if the sword sheaths the same way as in victory. Still would like to know if there's a victory Leo on the way.

We'll know for sure once we see connectors attached to Saber's feet and back ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby guarayakha » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 am

Even if there's no MP V-Leo I'll be happy if it's even compatible with the original V-Leo.
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
guarayakha wrote:Even if there's no MP V-Leo I'll be happy if it's even compatible with the original V-Leo.
Some people are speculating that it might very well be backwards-compatible with the G1 Victory Leo toy.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Firepower: 7

Postby Xephon0930 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 am

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I want this...Wonder if the sword sheaths the same way as in victory. Still would like to know if there's a victory Leo on the way.

Considering that all Victory Leo has to do to combine with Star Saber is to be giant platform shoes and a jetpack, it isn't that far off from the realm of possibility.
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:49 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Not at all familiar with the Japanese-exclusive cartoons (Headmasters, Zone, Victory etc) but that looks pretty sweet.

I know Takara does Masterpiece Brave toys as well...I need to watch GaoGaiGar so I have an excuse to buy them. I can imagine they'd go very well together with this guy (heck, the "symmetrical docking" twins like HyoRyu and EnRyu look transformer-y anyway).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:Not at all familiar with the Japanese-exclusive cartoons (Headmasters, Zone, Victory etc) but that looks pretty sweet.

I know Takara does Masterpiece Brave toys as well...I need to watch GaoGaiGar so I have an excuse to buy them. I can imagine they'd go very well together with this guy (heck, the "symmetrical docking" twins like HyoRyu and EnRyu look transformer-y anyway).

I did not know this...I wonder if they have made a MP Genesic GaoGaiGar or a King J-Der J Phoenix accessory...Takara will own my soul at this rate. :lol:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby shajaki » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
im not blown away. probably because im not invested in the character. but hey, small blurry grey prototype pics wouldnt have blown me away anyways. looking forward to the real deal.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Xephon0930 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Delta Magnus wrote:Not at all familiar with the Japanese-exclusive cartoons (Headmasters, Zone, Victory etc) but that looks pretty sweet.

Takara did have a Masterpiece line for the Braves. But it only lasted long enough to get King Exkaiser and Dragon Kaiser.
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Intelligence: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:

I did not know this...I wonder if they have made a MP Genesic GaoGaiGar or a King J-Der J Phoenix accessory...Takara will own my soul at this rate. :lol:

You'll have to look in Bandai's direction as they own the Brave anime designs (thanks to Sunrise belonging to Bandai now), and the options are quite a few. Right now, the non-transforming Super Robot Chogokin series has a good part of the GGG line-up, including Genesic GaoGaiGar, as well as some other Brave series robots. As for transforming figures, the Brave Gokin series has GaoGaiGar (I'd suggest looking for v2 as it fixes some faults of the original), Genesic and GaoFighGar, but those are slightly older figures and more finnicky, not really Soul of Chogokin material.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

You'll have to look in Bandai's direction as they own the Brave anime designs (thanks to Sunrise belonging to Bandai now), and the options are quite a few. Right now, the non-transforming Super Robot Chogokin series has a good part of the GGG line-up, including Genesic GaoGaiGar, as well as some other Brave series robots. As for transforming figures, the Brave Gokin series has GaoGaiGar (I'd suggest looking for v2 as it fixes some faults of the original), Genesic and GaoFighGar, but those are slightly older figures and more finnicky, not really Soul of Chogokin material.

Don't Takara have any ownership over the material? They created it after all.

Sigh, and there was me hoping we'd get updated, super-articulated and fully transforming versions of the Symmetrical Docking teams. I can dream...

(Although for 90s toys, the original Takara figures are actually incredible from what I've seen. Unfortunately they're also very rare.)
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

If anything, only the original Brave series molds. The animation and original character design was done by Sunrise, and well, Bandai owns those now. Hope you're not against playing for the other team if need be.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

It's been awhile since I've played with mine so don't hold me to this but I think Star Saber didn't have any visual connection points on it since Lio clipped on using existing pegs and holes and such.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Scroponok is almost $500. Yikes!! I might as well buy a 3P Scorpy that transforms for that price. ;)
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yeah... just gimme a release date and price, and I'll start saving. Star Saber is definitely among my top three Autobots and probably part of the top ten Transformers in general, so I'm very pleased to see that he seems to be turning out very well. ;)^

I wouldn't mind there being backwards-compatibility with the original Victory Victory Leo, but it's not something I desperately need for it to have. Though I would consider a third party Victory Leo of equal size, stature, and quality.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:58 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

If anything, only the original Brave series molds. The animation and original character design was done by Sunrise, and well, Bandai owns those now. Hope you're not against playing for the other team if need be.

I go where the toys are, I think it was the brave chokin line I was looking at before. Though the Soul of Chogokin line is also nice though far more expensive to complete GGG's arsenal (the key to victory sets)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Bandai is doing a SOC GGG due sometime this fall
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #438 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915B"
BATMAN #438 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0423DC196 1073A (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #138 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0823DC014 138D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Asamiya"
BATMAN #138 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC002 136B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #136 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #4 Cvr C 1:25 DC Comics 1023DC047 4C Hairsine"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC029 1054B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0124DC001 145A (A/CA) Jimenez (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC163 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #1 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC022 1A (CA) Di Meo"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #798 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC222 798D (W) Adams (CA) Acuna"
FLASH #798 Cvr D 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #794 Cvr D Shazam! DC Comics 2023 JAN233297 794D (CA) Ordway + Sinclair"
FLASH #794 Cvr D S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON