This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142

Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Va'al wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?

Yep.

It actually works out well since most people will start finding this figure in stores now.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Delta Magnus wrote:
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142

Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
But what about that solid translucent sword and windows colored clear instead of yellow? How would they extract the color from the plastic?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Peridot » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Delta Magnus wrote:

What inconsistencies? The color looks pretty uniform to me. Also, do you realize how hard it is to remove paint in a way that won't damage the figure? It's especially improbable on a figure of that size.
Peridot
Combiner
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

But what about that solid translucent sword and windows colored clear instead of yellow? How would they extract the color from the plastic?

I would have thought they'd just take the parts and make clear resin recasts of them. Recasting in resin is a very quick and easy way of duplicating parts, and is very common with counterfeits/knockoffs. It happens a lot with model miniatures and scale garage kits. And clear resin is hardly difficult to come by.

And this is assuming it isn't a photoshop, of course.

I mean, it COULD be the real deal, but I'm always wary of things claiming to be test shots. I know a lot of really rare toys and prototypes have been sold online only to turn out to be fakes/recasts- it happens a lot within the Jumbo Machinder fanbase/market.

Eh, I dunno. I'm always paranoid about these things, especially after nearly buying a fake Animated Arcee.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby Peridot » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

I would have thought they'd just take the parts and make clear resin recasts of them. Recasting in resin is a very quick and easy way of duplicating parts, and is very common with counterfeits/knockoffs. It happens a lot with model miniatures and scale garage kits. And clear resin is hardly difficult to come by.

And this is assuming it isn't a photoshop, of course.

I mean, it COULD be the real deal, but I'm always wary of things claiming to be test shots. I know a lot of really rare toys and prototypes have been sold online only to turn out to be fakes/recasts- it happens a lot within the Jumbo Machinder fanbase/market.

Eh, I dunno. I'm always paranoid about these things, especially after nearly buying a fake Animated Arcee.

Well, lena usually seems to get figures straight from the factory. It's possible that some Chinese factory worker is cranking out unauthorized copies when nobody's looking.
Actually, a lot of these "test shots" and other high quality KOs seem to be created that way.
Peridot
Combiner
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby TransformersFan89 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Hey guys. I just saw "R.I.P" AOE toyline" on the TFW2005 website.. What does this mean?? Are they cancelling toys??
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 pm

TransformersFan89 wrote:Hey guys. I just saw "R.I.P" AOE toyline" on the TFW2005 website.. What does this mean?? Are they cancelling toys??
How should we know what goes on at TFW2005? We're Seibertron.com.

Did you even click to read what it says?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby TransformersFan89 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Sabrblade - I know but I figured if there was something going on like that someone on here might know about it and this is the only place I've made an account so I can post comments (I don't feel like going through the whole signing up process on another site just to ask one question). And yes I clicked on it but couldn't find out anything. I saw comments but they weren't talking about the "R.I.P. AOE toylin" topic.
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:11 pm

TransformersFan89 wrote:Sabrblade - I know but I figured if there was something going on like that someone on here might know about it and this is the only place I've made an account so I can post comments (I don't feel like going through the whole signing up process on another site just to ask one question). And yes I clicked on it but couldn't find out anything. I saw comments but they weren't talking about the "R.I.P. AOE toylin" topic.
Looking at the topic in question, the "R.I.P." isn't pertaining to the AOE toyline dying. It's referring to how the guy who first made the post was so disappointed by the AOE toy news given at SDCC that the line is essentially dead to him.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: AoE Deluxe Class Lockdown on Amazon.com

Postby Zeek99g » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 am

Motto: "Always Forward, Always Progressing."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Zeek99g
Minibot
Strength: 8
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 4
Firepower: Infinity

Postby TransformersFan89 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:19 pm

I know. Thanks! I fished through the comments and found out what it was talking about.
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Postby TransformersFan89 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Hey I live in Greer SC and haven't seen any wave 2 toys from the new transformers movie yet. Does anyone know when the street date is for these? I've seen reviews of them all over youtube.
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Transformers Age of Extinction Exclusive Two-Packs Sighted at UK Retaild

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In further sightings news, fellow UK-based Seibertron.com board member Mr. O has found the Wal-Mart exclusive repaint special two-packs from Age of Extinction in Asda Living (part of the Wal-Mart chain), priced at £9.97 each - around $16! Check out the image below, featuring Slug with Stinger, Strafe with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime with Grimlock.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Exclusive Two-Packs Sighted at UK Retaild

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Va'al wrote:In further sightings news, fellow UK-based Seibertron.com board member Mr. O has found the Wal-Mart exclusive repaint special two-packs from Age of Extinction in Asda Living (part of the Wal-Mart chain), priced at £9.97 each - around $16! Check out the image below, featuring Slug with Stinger, Strafe with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime with Grimlock.

GIMME! =P~
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
good to know theyre out somewhere. i loves me some beast wars, so let the hunt begin!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:42 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Va'al wrote:In further sightings news, fellow UK-based Seibertron.com board member Mr. O has found the Wal-Mart exclusive repaint special two-packs from Age of Extinction in Asda Living (part of the Wal-Mart chain), priced at £9.97 each - around $16! Check out the image below, featuring Slug with Stinger, Strafe with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime with Grimlock.

GIMME! =P~
No, GIMME!! :D

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

GIMME! =P~
No, GIMME!! :D

Not wanting to sound repetitive but it's not gimme, its mine :lol:
These, generations dinobots, and the evolution packs are all I want from the AoE.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Discussion Thread

Postby CyberKite9000 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:57 pm

The Walmart Exclusive is already out in Canada. The Slash there is just equally as hard to come by too.
CyberKite9000
Mini-Con

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Well these haven't hit the website yet.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Discussion Thread

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:02 pm

CyberKite9000 wrote:Image

The Walmart Exclusive is already out in Canada. The Slash there is just equally as hard to come by too.
Slash, hmm? That's interesting, because west of Detroit I see plenty of him, but Scorn's almost vanished because wave 1's already come and gone.

As for these exclusives, it's about bloody time! Toys'R'Uses have begun dismantling their Grimlock gateways, so I was starting to think WalMart was taking the unorthodox strategy of holding their exclusives back until the AofE DVD release.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Mr O » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
KirbyForce1 wrote:I was at ASDA earlier today and they didn't have these.

I've been around all the main Asda stores locally and have only seen them in Asda Living, the department store version.
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Re: AoE Deluxe Class Lockdown on Amazon.com

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:49 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail

I bought one. I'm tired of waiting on BBTS, I'd have to go to the trouble of returning the rest of the assortment (since I don't want duplicates), plus The Chosen Prime is an excellent store to deal with, so it was a no brainer, for me.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Age of Extinction Voyager Slog Video Review

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 am

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
If you want to complete your movieverse G1 Dinobot team, here's the sauropod you'll need! Peaugh gives us a look at AoE Voyager Class Slog!

TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 231208Z"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518A 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 5th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM892 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220414 3RI Meugniot"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON