This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

You will lose all your art! Must read!

Got a great pic of G1 Op or BW Megs? Whether it's 2-D or 3-D it's welcome as is any other form of art outside the custom figure world.

Re: You will lose all your art! Must read!

Postby Scatterlung » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
I'm incredibly sick of the way people view Art nowadays. It's lost its position as a recognised form of expression and become soley and means for money.

This is absolutely sick.

If this is true, and if it goes through, I predict a lot of rioting.

Artists are very passionate people.
Scatterlung
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby bumblebeeconvoy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:23 pm

This is an absolute outrage!!! :-x
If this bill is passed how long before the UK and Europe give in to pressure from our friends across the pond's pressure?
I'm sure my fellow Trans-fans are aware of our country's reluctance to join the war in Iraq and our government went ahead and did it anyway.
This could affect the an entire global artistic community!

Please sign the petition at the link given in the article.

As individuals we are weak, but together, we can accomplish anything.

'till all are one.
bumblebeeconvoy
Mini-Con

Postby rhinox555 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Those sick freaks are basicly BANNING ART!

I suggest there be placed a "breaking news" banner about this news!
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Izanami » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Why oh why did they have to put this up as a new headline. It's really painful to see so many people get so worked up over something. It's the mob mentality. If everyone else riots, you have to riot too.

Calm down people.

Think about this for a second.

"Does this sound absolutely ridiculous?"

Hmmmmm.....

"Does this sound like something anyone would actually do?"

HMMMMMM....

"Have my opinions been formed by an angry rant and/or a whole bunch of people screaming in outrage?"

well...

"Do I really know anything about what they're talking about? Have I done research into it?"

"Have I tried to find the other side of the argument?"

"Could I have been mislead?"

Okay, seriously people. The orphan works law isn't necessarily "I'm gonna take your rights away! HAR!" Even so, if you're worried about people stealing your work, then don't put it out on the internet in the first place. In any case, has anyone ever heard of signing their work? Anyone? Fellow artists? Date and signature? Hellooooo....

Again, since I know one post won't do a thing, here's a link to a good amount of info on the law.

http://maradydd.livejournal.com/374886.html

....does anyone else hate the "save" button right next to preview and submit? I keep hitting that instead of submit...
Izanami
Minibot

Postby rhinox555 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah,save button sucks.
It's in the place where EVERY other board has "submit"
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Aurax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Caelus and Izanami, thank you for your words of reason.

Please do research on stuff like this, folks. I'm sure I'm already too late to stop it, but there should not be a single email or Facebook group formed to stop this "threat".

As has already been mentioned, there is nothing pending in front of the whole Congress. The author of this piece appears to have taken information from a hearing that was held on March 13.

This only issue this not-even-proposed-yet legislation would affect is the status of copyrighted works where the author is not reachable by a party seeking to obtain usage rights.

The only troubling aspect to the US Copyright Office's proposal for this situation is the vague condition that those seeking rights have to perform a "reasonable" search for the copyright owner. On just about every single repository for fan-created art (of whatever stripe) your username is attached to that piece. It is not invalidating your copyright claim. It is not opening the doors to corporations to steal your stuff. Copyright law is otherwise unchanged by this (i.e., valid copy protection for your lifetime plus 70 years).

Some more links to calm the storm:

The Orphaned Works Act of 2006, which is the most recent version of the legislation to see the light of day. It was later rolled into H.R. 6052, which did not get a vote before that session of Congress ended.

May calmer heads prevail...
Aurax
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7

Postby Mr-Valkeyreion » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:47 pm

oh great that means i'm gonna have to take down my transformer video's...wait does this mean i won't be able to say anything about transformers without getting sued? cause it sounds like it

i'm going to cry

well theres gonna be a pation eventulley...ANGRY TRANS-FANS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!! :-x :-x :-x :-x
Proud member of the ODB crew!

Sledge wrote:I quite like the look of Jetfire and Jetstorm. They've grown on me.

But then, so does athlete's foot, so that might not be a recommendation.

Tekka wrote:The ODB just showed up on gaydars across the world. And armed with that knowledge, I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Mr-Valkeyreion
Combiner

Postby Hyre » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:22 pm

I seem to be seeing several posts stating that this information's not worth the pixels that form it, so could the news posters please take DOWN the news listing on the front page until it's properly researched, please, as it's automatically going to raise people's hackles. I am not saying that it is bad information, only that it is an issue that requires actual citation and research of information.
Hyre
Micromaster

Postby Archanubis » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Aurax wrote:Caelus and Izanami, thank you for your words of reason.

I second that statement.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby metalformer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Well, that's just Prime! Oops! Hope I don't get slammed by a suit over that! Joking aside, I am HORRIFIED by this crap! :-x Is the greed of this people so endless they have to pull stunts like this to get their fix of cash?! And they want to make sure they double-screw you by forcing you to register everything. A win-win situation for them.

On a side note, I'm not surprised to see a certain name as the owner of one of the registration companies (Reminds me of those crazy stories I heard about him being/compared to the Anti-Christ many years ago. Also hoping this don't get me sued).

But the thing that... upsets me (trying hard NOT to use profanities) is that even fanart could become "orphaned" (On this aspect I would love to see those giants fighting over that). This show me just how desperate these people are!

Actually I should not be surprised by this. In my opinion, people with too much money are the ones who actually run the countries and it is only natural for them to rip off the poor like this. Just look at the way song artists are treated! Receiving a small percentage of the earnings while the company gets the rest AND keeps the song for themselves to do the heck they want to do with it!

I have been thinking about registering my works for a while, but never got it as priority. But seeing as how the big bad wolves are lurking in the shadows, I better start doing it NOW. So I better start researching on the topic and see if these BASTARDS at least has some discount offers for multiple submitting of works (if they at least want to pretend to be playing fair).

PS:
Will it be inappropriate from my part asking for some links to resources of the subject of registering or contacting the senate (besides the one posted)???
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Jazz Reborn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
*&%#$@#$^$$@!#%^*(^()&%#@!!!!! NO!! my fanfics are at risk!! how dare they!!!F*@$%#&^%!!
Jazz Reborn
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby masterpeice_skyfire » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:25 pm

I don't get it.
masterpeice_skyfire
Micromaster

Postby ragingtsunami726 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Why is it so hard for people to read before replying?
ragingtsunami726
Micromaster

Postby Justicity » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:13 pm

ragingtsunami726 wrote:Why is it so hard for people to read before replying?

Because fan's are stupid.
Me included...
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Sunstar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
This apparently is a load of Bullslag and the person who is talking about it does not know what he speaks of.

Read this link: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=38288 I quoted from Matt Moylan who doesn't seem worried at all.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby MYoung23 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Looks like the Rethuglican Party is at it again while the sacless Democrats sit back and do nothing.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Um ok
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Izanami » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Huzzah! Thanks for updating it, First Gen!

rhinox555 wrote:Yeah,save button sucks.
It's in the place where EVERY other board has "submit"

Yay! I'm not the only one!
Izanami
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'll say this...

Don't be surprised if corporate America would try this someday. When you have the money, power and connections they do, anything is possible.

Just remember to do everything in your power to make sure people know it's your work and if it's ever used, your name will be prominent in said work(s).

Besides, unless you're making money off of it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I realize that you've put a lot of work into these pieces you've made, but in a way, it's kinda flattering. What if your work was picked as advertising fodder to be seen all over the world?

Sure there's a negative to that, especially if you don't endorse the product or service, but you're out there.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Scatterlung » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:29 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Autobot032 wrote:I'll say this...

Don't be surprised if corporate America would try this someday. When you have the money, power and connections they do, anything is possible.

Just remember to do everything in your power to make sure people know it's your work and if it's ever used, your name will be prominent in said work(s).

Besides, unless you're making money off of it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I realize that you've put a lot of work into these pieces you've made, but in a way, it's kinda flattering. What if your work was picked as advertising fodder to be seen all over the world?

Sure there's a negative to that, especially if you don't endorse the product or service, but you're out there.

You're not over there, your image is. Remember the worry is the artist wont get credit.
Scatterlung
Godmaster
Strength: 1
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5

Postby PhantomPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:36 am

Motto: ""Even in our darkest hour... justice shall shine bright!""
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AND A MILLION MORE TIMES NO! Whoever was the piece of slag who came up with this must burn!
PhantomPrime
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stormrider » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I laughed the first time I read this because I knew it had been blown out of proportion. As others have mentioned - there is no way that the U.S. government can take the rights of copyrighted material.

The best advice for people - if you don't want your art stolen then add your name and copyright it.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 am

Even if, for the moment, a persons material is safe are that many of you actually so naive that you trusted either Corporate America or the Government to NOT screw you over at some point? Come on folks, your making me feel my age here and I didn't think I had been around that long. I may sound cynical or jaded but this is how things work and sooner or later the "kill or be killed" mentality comes out even in what seems like the most sacred or harmless of places. Yeah it sucks, but that's human nature for you!
If you want to protect what you love, be ready to fight to the death for it 'cause you better believe there's some A**hole out there ready to try and take it from ya.
Can't say as any of this surprises me, but it sounds like for now it isn't a major problem, (Moylan isn't sweating it) but I would not consider it a dead issue. Relax, catch your breath and get ready to start swinging HARD when the next round starts.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby GremlinGrimlock » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Caught this on dev....anywho as saying with them...is just be careful
of who yas deal with,and take the buddy system when it comes to promoting your work. Seiber,is like dev....if there is a scheister
about....put a posting...spread it around.

If yas want to see a scheister,if their still on line...go to
gremlincreatives.deviantart.com...see the main journal...these
people stole several artists work. Oddly enough...as the toad that I
am....reports on the messages seemed to be resolved fairly quickly.

So post and spread....by the way....you guys have a spot on our
page on dev as well...look after friends...mucho..grim:)........
GremlinGrimlock
Vehicon

Previous

Return to Fan Artwork

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230817 (CA) Klein"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #2 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230730 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221038 (CA) Dowling (W) Rowell (A)Miyazawa"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210821 (CA) Baldari"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR220764 (CA) Panosian (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #22 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230860 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #22 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #19 Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221134 (CA) Segovia (W)MacKay (A)Sabbatini"
MOON KNIGHT #19 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #16 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230909 (CA) Gist (W) Percy (A)Campagna"
GHOST RIDER #16 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230965 (CA) Ba 230328A"
DAREDEVIL #9 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 APR220763 (CA) Nakayama"
DAREDEVIL #1 var S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics MAY238596 (CA) Logo"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics AUG230652 (CA) Werneck"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230654 (CA) Gonzales"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #3 var Carnage Forever WHM Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220962 (CA) Skan"
SHE-HULK #3 var Ca ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON