This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

RUMOR: Transformers Animated toy line… cancelled?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: RUMOR: Transformers Animated toy line… cancelled?

Postby Tekka » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
At the store where I did most of my TFA shopping, my local Tesco, which is the UK's equivalent of a big chain like WalMart, a portion of the TFA line was also marked as "cancelled". I reported it in our sightings thread a little while back.

This was especially frustrating for me, since after reporting it the toys reappeared shortly after their "cancellation" with new tags that made absolutely no mention of the cancellation which was supposedly coming.

Which goes to show how much faith I now have in the internal practices of retailers.

Having said that however, the line has been shelf warming pretty badly ever since season two ended. Now every time I go there, and I go there at least twice a day, nothing moves at all. It's been like this for far too long now, and even though I don't believe in this cancellation I am a little worried for the line.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Autobot032 wrote:You folks need to check all available sources before taking TFVanguard's words as golden truth.

The man is a well known liar in the fandom. He's come up with some crazy, crazy crap that boggles the mind.

Such as claiming he created the TF font that's used by Hasbro and other companies. (No, I'm not kidding.)

He also claimed that Walky (Shortpacked) threatened to kill him. (No, I'm not kidding, and yes, he did actually tell people that Walky threatened him, and no, it wasn't even remotely true.)

This guy is a jackoff, why TFArchive would even let him post that is beyond me.

I do think Animated is being killed in favor of ROTF, but I'm not basing that on TFG's post. Not a chance.

The same here I've delt with that moron a few times over the years and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I think Animated was going to get canned is going to happen sooner or later. I think some of designs were good but some flat out sucked
(like Sentinal Prime, Soundwave, and Shockwave) some that were great
like (Leader class Megatron) and some that looked very cool (Jazz and Lockdown).

I love Universe more.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well i hate this movie even more now. I wasnt a big fan of Animated but now that this **** is going down (if true) Then the few figures that i still wanted i wont be able to find. Thanks alot hasbro. Id rather deal with animated then the movie. So whats next the 3rd season wont air either? Just another reason why the Movies are a scourge on the TF franchise. Maybe we should get a petition going to continue the line cause this is bullshit man. I dont care if they dont make new figures i just want to see the ones that were planned for release.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Grimlock_1978 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:18 pm

GOD one can only hope they end that awful creation!!!! Some moron at Hasbro dropped the ball on the Animated Line... I know, I know people like it but around here where I live even little kids HATE it!!! They think it looks to kidish and rather have Bakugan or the Universe line.. The crap just sits on the shelfs.. Now Universe is a different story.. They should have based a whole TV cartoon series on the remake of G1 and used the Universe/ Classic line. Would have been a lot better! I don't know what kids Hasbro test this stuff on but they sure are the wrong ones..
Grimlock_1978
Minibot

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I hope to god this isn't true...if so I hate Michael Bay and his movie even more for ruining Transformers. I know that sounds harsh and I'm not looking to start a flamewar, but I hate that Hasbro created something new and awesome, and if this is true they're going to drop it for the marketing crapstorm known as Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen. Damn Hollywood.

And now all the scalpers will go crazy and drive up all the Animated prices on eBay, thus making it even more difficult to get all the figures that still have yet to come to my area.

Man, why does it suck so much to be a collector right now? These movies were supposed to be good for our hobby...

/rant. I'd appreciate if no one picks apart my post into a flamewar please.

I hope it's not true...
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
OK, I've been lying dormant for a few months now, but this is ridiculous.

Postpone I understand but cancelling is just preposterous, failing that keep the line as an online from Hasbro exclusive. This cuts out the middle men and lessens the cost to Hasbro.

The movie is undoubtedly going to be huge, as will it's correspondent toyline, but let's not piss upon the branch of the franchise that has made many of us feel so warm and fuzzy, and had our brain tickled.

:-B
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
kirbenvost wrote:I hope to god this isn't true...if so I hate Michael Bay and his movie even more for ruining Transformers. I know that sounds harsh and I'm not looking to start a flamewar, but I hate that Hasbro created something new and awesome, and if this is true they're going to drop it for the marketing crapstorm known as Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen. Damn Hollywood.

And now all the scalpers will go crazy and drive up all the Animated prices on eBay, thus making it even more difficult to get all the figures that still have yet to come to my area.

Man, why does it suck so much to be a collector right now? These movies were supposed to be good for our hobby...

/rant. I'd appreciate if no one picks apart my post into a flamewar please.

I hope it's not true...

What the hell? Bay? You think it's Bay's fault?

Not a chance. He was hired to direct the movie, and while he had input on their designs, he didn't tell Hasbro what to do with the toys. He came on board to run the camera and yell cut, that's it.

You blame HASBRO for the massive shitfest this has become. Retailers too. They called for more Movie stuff, it came. Hasbro answered their call and like a puppet on a string, did the dance for Wal-Mart, etc.

The thing that gets me is, Animated was in the works before the Movie even hit the theaters, so if they've been working on it for years, why did they do such a terrible, terrible job on getting the toys out?

Because they want the easiest buck, not the happiness of their customers.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby TylerDante69 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

see what happens when Hasbro did not make the leader class Lugnut!!!

if only they made size accuracies with TFA this line would have lasted longer :wink:
TylerDante69
Micromaster

Postby bumblebeeconvoy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:44 pm

The have been signs pointing to this for a while, UK comic cancellation etc.

Personally, i think it was only seen as a filler between movies and isn't considered financially viable to continue with as movies and movie merch sell more than cartoons and cartoon merch.

I will be sad to see it go as it was just beginning to find its feet and really starting down a path of its own, but a has been previously said, I'll believe it when Hasbro take it out the back door and .......silence.......single gunshot....
bumblebeeconvoy
Mini-Con

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Anybody feeling proactive about this, feel free to go here:
http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/contacts/

I regret not buying shares now, I could've written a very stern letter.

:MAD:
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tekka » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Geez. Before you go harassing Hasbro about their evil, take a moment to consider whether or not this is actually true. Especially considering the unreliable nature of the source.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Oh no, I know that, what I mean is should anyone wish to politely enquire...

;;)
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Autobotic9 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Meh. All i want is Soundwave and Arcee, and then I will be done with the line. I loved it, but Universe and Movie is longer.
Skywarp is afraid of the creepy grey bar of ads.

A Terrifying...Terrorist. Silence! I kill you!
Autobotic9
Combiner

Postby Wheeljack35 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

I have more interest in the animated line then I ever will for the movie line which is an abomination
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Na na na na! Na na na na! Hey hey hey, goodbye! :D :lol: :APPLAUSE:

I know a lot of you actually like this line for some unfathomable reason, and you have my condolences, but I can't stand the line and I hope these rumors pan out and we can get back to TF's that don't look like they were designed for pre-schoolers. If this line is what they'd come out with back in 1984, I wouldn't even like TF's at all.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Skill: 4

Postby insanityzmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Woohoo I cannot wait for this entire "animated" sore to heal up and go away!
insanityzmaster
Minibot

Postby misfire » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:12 pm

DAMN!!!
misfire
Mini-Con

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Many philosophers and other great minds have said that great things are born before and die before their time.

Let us just hope this is not the case with Animated.

Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... **** with us.

Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...

God I feel so disllusioned, disenchanted and disenfranchised...

Literally.

*Lurkz Moar*

(:|
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Metric titan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 pm

:cry: :lol: :-(
Metric titan
Mini-Con

Postby BattleRoller23 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 pm

F@#* the new movie!!!!!!! No!!!!! Please no!!

Stay Animated we love love you!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
BattleRoller23
Micromaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Seibertron wrote:My theory is that the Animated toys and cartoon are being shelved until after ROTF. Perhaps in the fall? Perhaps next year? I dunno. But I have a feeling that it's getting shelved for the time being. Time will tell!

That's what I was thinking, but by the time the movie line finishes, Season 3 would probably be long gone. Especially if they have a whole Allspark power and premium waves after the initial release, or something to that sense.

But What if there's a season 4 animated? I don't think I ever heard an OFFICIAL statment that season 3 would be the last.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby soundwave13c » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Motto: "Cake is a lie, toast solves problems, and everyone loves pie!"
Weapon: Static Laser Gun
hmm... not shore what to think. I have always disliked this line and have not participated in collecting it. but i really liked the new arcee and was planning to buy her as the only animated in my collection :-(

I just hope that they release her and cancel the line. it has been a blemish on the transformer name,(ducking while things are being thrown). Not that the movie designs are any better, i am just saying that the line that should represent the tf name should be universe or something similar :|
soundwave13c
Combiner
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Polite and concerned enquiry with suggestion of web only sales or delayed release sent to Hasbro and Hasbro UK both.

Gawd bless the interwebs.

We are consumers. We're the bi-products of a lifestyle obsession.

the things you own end up owning you.

I-)
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Editor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
For Primus
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f**king khakis. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Editor wrote:For Primus
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f**king khakis. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

:grin:

When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that name everything, the IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks.

Thank you sir!

Do you know what a duvet is?

I-)
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON