This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shia's Injury In The Movie- Spoiler

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Shia's Injury In The Movie- Spoiler

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
worstpreviews.com- According to this source, Shia's automobile injury was worked into the movie and NOT covered up using CG technology, as many people were theorizing after seeing Shia in the recently released clips on Michael Bay's website.

We all figured based on news from last summer that no CG cover would be the case. Since the film was only 1/3 shot at the time of his accident we reported many different ways they were dealing with this injury issue (he returned soon after to filming), but the biggest part we learned at that time was that the film's writers, Orci and Kurtzman, had somehow written the injury into the movie. What we didn't know was how they had included it.

S P O I L E R

According to worstpreviews.com, a plot device Transformers fans are all too familiar with was added to the story to cause Sam injury and make his real life injury work in the movie, so they did not have to cover it up.

This would also jive with what Shia has shared about getting hurt on set, with a piece of something from a 'spacebridge' scene just about poking him in the eye causing temporary blindness.

Is there enough support for this new spacebridge theory? Is that what Sam has in his head that causes the other problems, including the Decepticons apparently wanting to abduct Sam? Or is it something else entirely? Speculate on the possible plot, and the inclusion of a spacebridge (and how it is included) based on this new information.

Seibertron.com Movie News...revenge will happen soon.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Shia's Injury In The Movie- Spoiler

Postby Rodimus2006 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
In the trailer the new one of the 2 or 3 minuted were it showed BumbleBee crying cause Sam was going off to College and BB didnt want him to go and he was still having promblems with his voice still having to speak through the XM Radio.

In the trailer it seems the Decepticons were really interested in Sam, Sam found a wierd Insect Like Bug maybe a listening Device or some sort of Survilence Device keeping track of him.

Then towards the end of the trailer it showed a Wierd Insect like thing going into his mouth. Maybe this will be used to control him or get the information from his mind somehow.

When I saw this it looked like the Bug thing that entered into Neo during the 1st Matrix Movie.

So it seems that this movie is about Sam more I think the info he carryies in his head may be blue prints to make or find a Space Bridge.

But this is my Theory not set in stone.

Yes the old Bot with the Can that said Ass that was Jet Fire in the Bone Graveyard possible were he scans his new Earth Alt Mode.

Cool scnes with Optimus spitting out a Robo Tooth why do I have a gut feeling that something will happen to Optimus in this movie.

Also Devestator Kicks ass looks wicked cant wait to see more of the Big Guy in action.

That was Arcee chasing Sideways through a Building maybe in downtown Shanghai looked Japanese to me. That was one of her Motorcycles chasing him down.

That wasnt Barricade but Sideways looks almost like Barricade so it is easy to get confused.

Also that was the Brooklyn Bridge in New York were some Robots were fighting on top of it.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Serpent O - R » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I saw this before, stargate, right? the wormhole that travels across space, had something to do with the pyramids?

Devlin and Emmerich made a movie, i think there was a tv show or something... maybe a spin-off or two, made for tv movies...

Do you know what would be funny? If stargate universe has a malp that changes into a soldier drone. There would be no need for a TF3.
SlyTF1 wrote:I dont understand why the hell anyone would see a movie for the story, if you want a story, go read a f*ckin book.
Serpent O - R
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby YRQRM0 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:13 pm

I was wondering about this, you could see his hand bandaged up in the latest trailer hen he yells "Optimus" and when he holds that insecticon thing.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
The spacebridge would be a good homage to G1 :D
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus2006 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Here is how Stargate is for people who dont know it

Stargate Movie - Kurt Russel

Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1 through 10

Stargate Antlantis - Seasons 1 - 5

Stargate - The Ark of Truth

Stargate - Continuum

Stagate - Universe This Fall 09 The Final 9th Chevron

Stargate is about the ancitients, The Ga;auld, Jaffa and we the humans are called the Tarui, You also have the Wraith, And the Asgard.

The Stargate is used to traswarp from planet to planet bye a wormhole they use the DHD Device to connect to that planet then travel to through the wormhole to thier next destination.

A Spacebridge is very diffrent from the Stargate or the Chap ari as called in ancient language.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster

Postby Prime's Trailer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:59 pm

I L-O-V-E all this.
It reminds me of the old G1 comics when Buster Witwicky went mental due to the blueprints for Superion being downloaded into his bonce.
8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Prime's Trailer
Minibot

Postby Serpent O - R » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Rodimus2006 wrote:Here is how Stargate is for people who dont know it...

I know, and it is a good homage to G1.

I guess what I said was intended for someone who will never see my post.

When I was in school, back in '00, I had to write a treatment for my screenplay development class. I wrote a tale about ancient sumer and the influences of alien gods. I got an F because my professor said I plagiarized 'Stargate'. So whenever I see anything that can relate to stargate, I call it 'stargate' to share what I felt that day.

You, unfortunately bit. My bad.
SlyTF1 wrote:I dont understand why the hell anyone would see a movie for the story, if you want a story, go read a f*ckin book.
Serpent O - R
Fuzor

Postby Rodimus2006 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

You didnt come up with Stargate Roland Emmerich did and the writers of the Stargate movie which was released in 1997 or 98.

You copyied Stargate didnt come up with it so queit taking credit for something you didnt create or come up with on youre own.

Star Gate SG-1 was with Richard Dean Anderson, Micheal Shanks and Don S. David and Amanada Tapping and Christopher Judge as Tea'lc

Stargate - Had Dr. Weir and Robert Picardo from Star Trek also became the new Commander of the Base after Weir was turned into a Replicator.

Stargate - Universe will be the final stargate series has it is about the 9th and final chevron decoded on the DHD. It leads to an ancient ship from which they used it to Seed the Stargates throughout the Entire Cosmos. Also they can not get back home and must find a way back but meet new enemies and encounter new promblems along the way.

Also Lou Diamond Phillips and Robert Carlye are in Universe commanding the new SG-1 team.

They are also suppose to me new movies such as Ark of Truth and Continuum based off Antlantis maybe Micheal comes back or they have more Wraith to deal with.

So no you didnt come up with it you just copyied it and claimed as youre own idea.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster

Postby Shadowman » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus2006 wrote:You didnt come up with Stargate Roland Emmerich did and the writers of the Stargate movie which was released in 1997 or 98.

You copyied Stargate didnt come up with it so queit taking credit for something you didnt create or come up with on youre own.

Read his post again; his teacher thought he ripped off Stargate. He never took credit for it, nor were the similarities between his work and Stargate intentional.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Star Gate SG-1 was with Richard Dean Anderson, Micheal Shanks and Don S. David and Amanada Tapping and Christopher Judge as Tea'lc

Stargate - Had Dr. Weir and Robert Picardo from Star Trek also became the new Commander of the Base after Weir was turned into a Replicator.

Alright, how is any of that relevant?

Rodimus2006 wrote:Stargate - Universe will be the final stargate series has it is about the 9th and final chevron decoded on the DHD. It leads to an ancient ship from which they used it to Seed the Stargates throughout the Entire Cosmos. Also they can not get back home and must find a way back but meet new enemies and encounter new promblems along the way.

Decoded on the DHD? The SGC doesn't have a DHD, they have a dialing computer not even close to a DHD.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Also Lou Diamond Phillips and Robert Carlye are in Universe commanding the new SG-1 team.

Sorry, what? Unless Daniel, Mitchell, Vala, Teal'C and Carter have left the SGC (They haven't), they're still SG-1.

Rodimus2006 wrote:They are also suppose to me new movies such as Ark of Truth and Continuum based off Antlantis maybe Micheal comes back or they have more Wraith to deal with.

And a third SG-1 movie. Also, Michael is dead.

Rodimus2006 wrote:So no you didnt come up with it you just copyied it and claimed as youre own idea.

Once again, he never claimed that. You're just umping to conclusions.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Neko » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:23 am

Transformers just wouldn't feel quite like Transformers if there wasn't a space bridge involved. :)
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby RocknRolla » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah, as Neko said, a spacebridge would be a welcome feature in the movie, even if it was just used once briefly. :)

As for the Stargate feature film starring Kurt Russell, it came out in 1994, and I thought it was pretty good. I never saw the TV series.
RocknRolla

Postby Shadowman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:59 pm

RocknRolla wrote:As for the Stargate feature film starring Kurt Russell, it came out in 1994, and I thought it was pretty good. I never saw the TV series.

The series is better. It elaborates on a lot of stuff from the movie, goes more in-depth, and also it has the guy who played MacGyver.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby RocknRolla » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Shadowman wrote:
RocknRolla wrote:As for the Stargate feature film starring Kurt Russell, it came out in 1994, and I thought it was pretty good. I never saw the TV series.

The series is better. It elaborates on a lot of stuff from the movie, goes more in-depth, and also it has the guy who played MacGyver.

Yeah, I loved MacGyver and I wanted to check out the series just for him, but I never had ShowTime, which aired the original series...and I never got into Atlantis or the others...SG-1 did look real good, though. Might have to get them on DVD...how many seasons were there? (And have you seen Richard dean Anderson lately? Dude's out of shape )
RocknRolla

Postby Shadowman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:25 pm

RocknRolla wrote:
Shadowman wrote:

Yeah, I loved MacGyver and I wanted to check out the series just for him, but I never had ShowTime, which aired the original series...

Correction: Showtime aired the first five seasons of SG-1. The rest was handled by Sci-Fi, including reruns of the seasons handled by Showtime.

RocknRolla wrote:and I never got into Atlantis or the others...

Well if you didn't get into SG-1 you would have had a hard time getting into Atlantis.

RocknRolla wrote:SG-1 did look real good, though. Might have to get them on DVD...how many seasons were there?

10 seasons, plus two direct-to-DVD movies that finish off unresolved elements from the show.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I like the idea of the Spacebridge. I don't know how it'll look in the finished product, but it should be awesome.

What really has me P.O.ed is that people will see the Pyramids, and the Spacebridge and automatically think "Oh they ripped off Stargate, how utterly cheap of them."

When it's entirely the reverse. The Spacebridge existed in TF lore since 1984, 10 years before the original Stargate film hit theaters in 1994.

And the weapon hidden inside of the Pyramids that The Fallen wants? There was no weapon in any of the Pyramids in Stargate (the movie, I dunno about the series, even then...TF has them beat as well...) and the G1 episode Fire On The Mountain was about a weapon contained in a Pyramid. A South American Pyramid, but a Pyramid nonetheless.

So, Stargate, if you want to get technical about it, was in fact, a rip off of TF. (I sincerely doubt they did, but it could be argued.)
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Shadowman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Autobot032 wrote:So, Stargate, if you want to get technical about it, was in fact, a rip off of TF. (I sincerely doubt they did, but it could be argued.)

Close: THE Stargate is (probably) a rip-off of the Spacebridge. When you just say "Stargate" you imply it's the franchise as a whole. In no way is a series about interstellar explorers interacting with a number of alien species, a rip-off of a series where two factions of alien robots fight a civil war while turning into vehicles.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Shadowman wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:So, Stargate, if you want to get technical about it, was in fact, a rip off of TF. (I sincerely doubt they did, but it could be argued.)

Close: THE Stargate is (probably) a rip-off of the Spacebridge. When you just say "Stargate" you imply it's the franchise as a whole. In no way is a series about interstellar explorers interacting with a number of alien species, a rip-off of a series where two factions of alien robots fight a civil war while turning into vehicles.

Ah, but the franchise was spawned by the original film, so it's very core elements could be considered a rip-off. Though I do see your point.

Besides, after reading about Stargate: Voyag...I mean Universe, it looks like the Stargate franchise is used to taking ideas from other sources anyway.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Mega **NOT complete** vtg Hasbro 1996 210923A"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #4 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transmetal 2 SCAREM Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete 1999 230609A"
NEW!
Transmetal 2 SCARE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL 2 MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Dragon complete 1999 230711A"
TRANSMETAL 2 MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Roleplaying Game DICE BAG Renegade Game Studios RPG AUG218181 New"
Transformers Rolep ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON