This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #100 "#100 In a Four-Episode Limited Series"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #100 "#100 In a Four-Episode Limited Series"

Postby ScottyP » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
We made it.

After four years and 99 episodes, we've finally arrived at episode #100. We're thrilled to bring you this very special edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Join your host Counterpunch as he brings along special pals John Barber from IDW Publishing, freelance author Jim Sorenson, and our comics editor Va'al for unique segments you're sure to want to catch. Although, first you'll have to listen to your regular cast Jon 3.0, Razorclaw0000, yours truly Scotty P, and Seibertron, who pops in for a few as well.

Episode #100 "#100 in a Four-Episode Limited Series" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

(3:26)
After a brief intro, we dig in to the storied history of the Twincast / Podcast! And yes, you get the actual history this time, not a made up story.

There is still no Generations version of us

(14:45)
Ever want to go behind the scenes of the show? You may second guess that desire after hearing us chat about our setups and where we record from. Here's a hint: it's not in a professional studio.

We heard that "Honest Trailers" is done from here too

(18:15)
Bragging Rights pop up out of nowhere! What kind of haul has Razorclaw0000 ready to Never Forgive? You can listen, but I'll just spoil it with an image here anyways.

You can call me Senpai

(21:35)
We do sneak in some actual news in this episode! New Masterpieces are on the way including Exhaust and Star Saber. Listen in and these exciting new toys make their way into our hearts and... lungs? Did we chain smoke our way through this one? You'll have to tune in to find out.

Come to where the flavor is.

(28:00)
From Counterpunches to debates to drunk convention appearances, there have been a lot of amazing Twincast moments over the years. The cast recollects their favorite times, so listen in to find out what we've enjoyed over the years, and be sure to share your favorite Twincast moments in the discussion thread below!

I was at a bar too, in Raleigh, sad that I wasn't in Orlando

(43:30)
Believe it or not (and I'm sure you probably do believe it), the show that you get to listen to doesn't always have a smooth road it travels down to get there. Can you imagine us messing up? We certainly can, and we take a look back at some of our "oops" moments over the years. Learn more than you ever wanted to about the how and why behind the "how" and "why?" moments you've heard.

[img][img]http://static.seibertron.com/images/misc/uploads/1410100996_Jazz%20stock%20art.jpg[/img]
[/img]
At least Hasbro makes transformation bloopers too. Wait, why won't that image work? Damn.

(53:53)
It's been a long journey, so we make sure to take a different look back in time. Which member of the cast has been on the site the longest? What awesome rockin' topics were all the rage back on August 12, 2010? Click the link to look back, and listen to the latest show to hear us realize that we're getting old. Oh, and don't tell, but this is technically our 101st episode :-$

This was once the new hotness

And now I toss it across the pond to our resident King of Comics, Va'al, who stayed up extra late to help us welcome some extra special guests! Take it away Va'al!

(1:05:26)
I'm taking it, ScottyP, takin' it to places where we've never been before: the realm of IDW, and its senior editor John Barber! And John doesn't only work with transforming robots, he has full tapestries of serial killings comics, where GI Joe shows up more than once too.

We talked about a number of things with Barber, and you can hear them all if you follow the time mark above, but here's a rundown for you:

Ever wondered how long he's been a part of the franchise? He was there when the comics started. He was there with the cartoons and even with the toys - which still pile-up on his desk regularly, it seems - all long before he became a writer (with the movie stuff) and editor at IDW Publishing.

Not Barber's desk

Since then, he's been doin' it with style on Robots in Disguise, which has hit a new peak recently with issue #32, and we talked about how he sees Prowl, Thundercracker and what the near future will hold for the cast, especially Galvatron, the Headmasters and a possible Game of Thrones echo.

Did it work?

With that in mind, we moved even further into the future, and what Combiner Wars might bring us, between six issues of 'the series formerly known as RID' and the returning Windblade series. And Razorclaw000 thinks we get a major scoop about Megastator.

So close

I also manage to sneak in a question about the highly divisive, but otherwise extremely popular, collaboration with Tom Scioli on Transformers vs G.I. Joe, and just how much fun they have working on it.

FUN

And to round off, we went back in RID's history to two of the best received issues pre-Dark Cybertron, to look at Soundwave's new spin, and how the cassettes got their voices in the comics.

Insult-bot: Origins?

If you haven't been reading Robots in Disguise this far, make sure to head to ComiXology or your local comics shop to pick up the Phase Two, Volume 1, any of the trades, or single monthly issues!

And thanks again to John Barber for joining us for this special occasion.

(2:25:54)
We weren't finished! The man of a thousand voices jON3.0 brought along a special guest, the curator/archivist/bounty hunter with a hat - Jim Sorenson! We talked hats, conventions, the Complete Allspark Almanac, past work that he's done for IDW like the Art of Prime and how he juggles it all.

Jim's robotic avatar, by Kris Carter

Then we looked at what's yet to come, specifically another co-authored book with Bill Forster, a celebration of 30 years of Transformers toys and their packaging art: Transformers Legacy. This will truly be a big, chunky piece of history.

A BIG book

And as we than Jim for also joining us to celebrate 100 episodes, here is where I launch the laptop back across the ocean, hoping ScottyP will get it to finish writing. Ready, Scott?

-----

Got it! Thanks for the write-up Va'al, and thanks again to everyone that's listened over the years, plus everyone that's dropped into the show! We're only going to get bigger and better from here, so stay tuned over the next four years on the road to episode 200 for fun Transformers talk and more, much more, than meets the ear.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #100 "#100 In a Four-Episode Limited Series"

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
hi counterpunch um for issue/podcast no. 101 um is there a way you guys could discuss series or characters that are falling into obscurity Like the 2000 RID series and i believe that the UT is slowly falling into that category and i would like to mention that 2014 is the 9th, 10th(!), and 11th anniversaries of Cybertron Energon and Armada In this order . this is my comment :michaelbay:
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
One of the pics in the above news post is broken.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:One of the pics in the above news post is broken.

Read the lead in to it ;)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:

:-? :shock: #-o :oops: :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

:-? :shock: #-o :oops: :lol:

My exact reaction when typing in my part of the post. ScottyP had to tell me not to change it pre-emptively. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Youtube auditions, I like the twincast, but that's to much work for me [-(

I don't know why Va'al but our conversation on smoking sounds different know that I know whay you sound like :lol:
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:47 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Youtube auditions, I like the twincast, but that's to much work for me [-(

I don't know why Va'al but our conversation on smoking sounds different know that I know whay you sound like :lol:

Smoking, vaguely southern English - this:

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Youtube auditions, I like the twincast, but that's to much work for me [-(

I imagine that's what universities in the U.K must be like :-?

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:31 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:

I imagine that's what universities in the U.K must be like :-?

Er.. yes. Definitely. :saint:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Va'al wrote:

Well, now I know what Episode 101 will be. 120 minutes of just this.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:41 pm

*AHEM*
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 pm

ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:

But Scotty, you already did that episode XD

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:

not to be impatient but what i had posted earlier would be a interesting discussion but there would be that one person to say no to that suggestion =; :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Autobot tap out wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:

not to be impatient but what i had posted earlier would be a interesting discussion but there would be that one person to say no to that suggestion =; :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:

*cough* (smoke)
Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:06 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:

*cough* (smoke)
Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

thanks SW
Autobot tap out wrote:

Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:16 pm

*wheeze*
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Autobot tap out wrote:hi counterpunch um for issue/podcast no. 101 um is there a way you guys could discuss series or characters that are falling into obscurity Like the 2000 RID series and i believe that the UT is slowly falling into that category and i would like to mention that 2014 is the 9th, 10th(!), and 11th anniversaries of Cybertron Energon and Armada In this order . this is my comment :michaelbay:

Great question.

Simple answer: yes.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Va'al wrote:*wheeze*

i take it you are either referencing Exhaust or making fun of the guy as he was a misspelled cigarette advertisement before the mold became wheeljack :-B
Autobot tap out wrote:

Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon

Postby Convoy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm

The "Stereo good; mono bad." Twincast was a pretty memorable gaff. I forget the number but, to the uninitiated, listening via earphones resulted in different voices coming from left or right speakers.

The muting mistake episode, (most downloaded/listened to?) made me think poorly of jON3.0 until ScottyP fessed up. The belching made me laugh until it made me sick. #bucketofbeer
Thanks, Scotty, by the way, for the scoop on where to pick up that Browning KO.
Thanks to all involved for everything while I'm at it.
Kudos!

Great guests. Va'al on for this episode was an especially tasty treat considering John and Jim. It was cool to have somebody totally into the comics there to ask the right questions.

Yeah.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:27 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
A call out and I'm in the group photo from 2010 in the write up. I'll take it. :)
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby RotorstormNZ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
What a ride that was - a thoroughly enjoyable episode!
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 8

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 2023 0823IM481 5F Hughes"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM819 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON