This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #104 "The Wrath of Con"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #104 "The Wrath of Con"

Postby xRotorstormx » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Welcome to the latest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host for the evening, ScottyP, along with Jon 3.0, Seibertron, and Rotorstorm. Tonight we look back on the fun that was TFCon Chicago along with another masterpiece reveal, some long awaited decals, the next star of the James Bond series and the latest announcement from the Botcon crew!

Episode 104 "The Wrath of Con" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

- If you want to skip to the main event, our discussion on TFCon begins at 58:58 :D -

First up the cast talks about the latest surprising reveal from Transformers Asia ... Masterpiece Skywarp!

Just when you thought you'd never get a masterpiece Marlboro wheeljack...we stumble upon these official masterpiece sticker sheets

Up next, we discuss ...

*James Bond theme song begins to play* The Man With The Golden Megatron.

Then we just totally get off tangent and dive into the Beast Wars talk!

(58:58)
TFCon was last weekend and 3/4 of the cast were able to make it to the inaugural stateside convention. Our very own Seibertron discusses what it was like to have a table set up in the dealer room and the fun that was had!

P.S. Huge shout out to everyone at Specialty Store Services for helping with the awesome Seibertron.com set up!

The crew at Fun Pub decided to steal some thunder last weekend and announced the 2015 location for Botcon...early...for a change!

We close out the night was a good 'ol round of bragging rights!

Thanks everyone for listening and we appreciate the continued support! Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #104 "The Wrath of Con"

Postby ScottyP » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:20 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Just want to reiterate since we get into negative-nancy territory pretty quickly and have a hard time getting out of it - TF Con was a TON of fun. An absolute whirlwind, but really a great time at a convention. Won't hesitate to go back if the opportunity arises again sometime. :BOT:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
All this makes me think is there need to be like a botcon, TFcon, whatevercon, East and West. Because much like last year with people from the mid west and south saying that it's to expensive to travel to the west coast; the reverse is true for me, as it would actually be cheaper for me to go to SDCC 2015 than it would be Botcon 2015. I'm damn skippy botcon is a cheaper event than SDCC, but the travel is what puts it over the top. I really want to go to these events, but they are to far from me on the Pacific Northwest. Not to brag, but if they want somewhere other than Cali' for the conventions, portland wouldn't be bad:
Oregon Convintion Center Literally less than 20 minutes drive from PDX (Portland International Airport) Dohohohoho ahhh It's never going to happen
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Flashwave » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Street Date Debate: Walmart WANTS you walking in to see if the latest TFs are out twice a week for four weeks, because inevitably you will buy toothpaste or paint or something. If a tf figure goes out on the 23rd, Walmart won't see you except on the 23rd, and/or when you HAVE to go grocery shopping. They want you randomly popping in. ;)

Scotty: I plan on being at Botcon in Chicago next year, and would love to be a Podcast Buddy... can't tell you how many times a show I find myself yelling at my laptop hoping that one of you will hear me from three weeks and a thousand miles away and say it yourself, but I work on weeknights and don't post as much as I read... So for now I'm just gonna have to sit here in the Peanuts Gallery and rib on ya!....
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's funny how the original Megatron toy has a connection to the James Bond franchise. The Walther P38 was used in a promotional pic during the Sean Connery era which became an iconic image of the brand. The creator of "Man From UNCLE" was friends with Ian Flemming took the basic P38 and jazzed it up a bit with a stock, scope, and elongated barrel.

Jeez, you guys didn't try to come up with catchy names when I was on :-( "What's on Joe Twincast?" "Seibertron On Your Mind? "WTF on Joe Mind@The Twincast?" That last one would be awesome. The internet would break from the level of awesome it would achieve. I would have to cut my ears off so that could be the last thing I ever hear.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Loyal listener and proud. Now where's my audio Transformers themed T-shirts for the show? :)I'd also love to be on the show but work nights during the week and often out of town.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Convoy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Regarding North/South Korea and the stamps, I've got a buddy who lives and teaches in South Korea and says the number one question his students get when traveling abroad, after they say they're from Korea is, "North or South?"
I imagine it's similar to U.S. citizens, Mexicans and Canadians claiming they're American. However, you don't see Made In America ever stamped on anything.

edit:
The fact that South Koreans even get asked, (as if North Koreans are able to leave their country.) and questioning whether something being stamped KOREA is from N. or S. is kind of a sad joke.

Oh, and I forgot about North and South America. Perhaps bad analogy is bad.
Claire, help. You know geography stuff.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Bed Bugs » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:16 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
That prototype you guys couldn't remember in the display case was supposedly God Bomber and made to attach to Xovergen's Powermaster Prime Trailer, IIRC.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Flashwave » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Hey guys, finishing the Podcast:

Ryan: Terrible thing to happen to your girl, I've made the same mistake when I was young; dropped a twenty. But also, I've been known to drop money accidentally whiloe getting in line, I like not fumbling in front of the register, and *maybe* the person who picked up her ten had money out to buy something and thought they'd dropped it? I dunno, doesn't make it less sad, but maybe they aren't at least evil greedy monsters
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby RotorstormNZ » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode guys, and man oh man did the TFCon talk make me think about plane tickets for BotCon.

I have to say I'm so glad you mentioned that unlike other TF podcasts you try to stay on topic - I tried WTF@TFW but I just can't listen to it due to the amount of non-TF chat that goes on. I won't go into detail because this is obviously not the place :oops: but I wanted to thank you for the great job you all do.
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
To those who said on the podcast that they picked up the Rescue Bots Bumblebee and MorBot figure 2-pack, were the elbows on your Bumblebees bent at a backwards angle?

I picked up four of that set to troop-build the MorBots, and all four of my Bumblebees have backwards elbows.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby ScottyP » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:To those who said on the podcast that they picked up the Rescue Bots Bumblebee and MorBot figure 2-pack, were the elbows on your Bumblebees bent at a backwards angle?

I picked up four of that set to troop-build the MorBots, and all four of my Bumblebees have backwards elbows.

I'll have to check later on, at the office right now, but I don't remember anything weird in particular. Also may not have noticed it, kind of chucked the Bumblebee aside without messing with it at all.

Flux Convoy wrote:Loyal listener and proud. Now where's my audio Transformers themed T-shirts for the show?

Serious question for any listeners - would you really want shirts? Those cost money. You want to spend money on us?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:To those who said on the podcast that they picked up the Rescue Bots Bumblebee and MorBot figure 2-pack, were the elbows on your Bumblebees bent at a backwards angle?

I'll have to check later on, at the office right now, but I don't remember anything weird in particular. Also may not have noticed it, kind of chucked the Bumblebee aside without messing with it at all.

Flux Convoy wrote:Loyal listener and proud. Now where's my audio Transformers themed T-shirts for the show?

Serious question for any listeners - would you really want shirts? Those cost money. You want to spend money on us?

Throw in a kreon, and I would.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby RotorstormNZ » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
ScottyP wrote:

I would. Totally. A cartoon of Twincast wearing headphones and talking into a radio mike, a symbol with headphones...I'd be keen!
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
ScottyP wrote:

www.teespring.com The shirts are made to order and are only made if a certain number are pre-sold. The price is determined on the quota.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Flashwave » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:26 pm

ScottyP wrote:

Depending on price and personal position at the time of avialability, sure. I'd love a Twincast shirt to go with m two Seibertron.com shirts, (Wish I'd been able to nab one of Ryan's Jurrasic Dinobot shirts) Although if you did shirts, I feel like you should have "staff" versions, so that you could actually do a live-at show podcast right.

Ooh! Do a Contest! Grab the Transtopia people, have someone draw up a shirt design! I can't draw stick figures with a ruler and a laser level, some some of those peeps, shoo-we. Just make sure they understand that the best artwork may not be the true-best, but the easiest to translate to a silk screenprint.

And for the love of Primus,don't take as long to announce and pick winners as you did the Metroplex contest. ;)

And the Ep you guys pick the winner in needs to be titled something to do with a certain female tshirt contest... ;)
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
ScottyP wrote:

Wouldn't be the firsf Seibertron shirt I've purchased. I hope it won't be the last. :)
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby xRotorstormx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:47 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Convoy wrote:Regarding North/South Korea and the stamps, I've got a buddy who lives and teaches in South Korea and says the number one question his students get when traveling abroad, after they say they're from Korea is, "North or South?"
I imagine it's similar to U.S. citizens, Mexicans and Canadians claiming they're American. However, you don't see Made In America ever stamped on anything.

edit:
The fact that South Koreans even get asked, (as if North Koreans are able to leave their country.) and questioning whether something being stamped KOREA is from N. or S. is kind of a sad joke.

Oh, and I forgot about North and South America. Perhaps bad analogy is bad.
Claire, help. You know geography stuff.

That is pretty interesting to hear that the students get asked when they travel abroad if they are from North or South, I always assumed that if something is stamped Korea or someone says they are from Korea, I automatically assume South Korea, just because of..you know...all the political issues of the North.

From my experiences, I think most people from Mexico / Canada say they are from those countries versus saying North America / American. There is certainly very little merchandise that is stamped "Made In America" though there are some popular products that still have the Made in the USA stamp (Wiffle Ball, Pez)...

I think more people tend to say the country instead of the region

...Geography lesson concluded :lol:
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
NEW!
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg foil Marvel Comics SEP230776 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC208 1C"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
NEW!
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg (CA) Miller 240126"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 Facsimile FOIL Marvel Comics 2024 NOV230745"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #300 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg JUN230960 (CA)McFarlane"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC803 1C (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON