This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #116 "Character Piece"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #116 "Character Piece"

Postby ScottyP » Tue May 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your no-longer-on-the-market host ScottyP, site owner and photographer extraordinaire Seibertron, Not-Optimus RodimusConvoy13, and the late (to the show) Jon3.0.

Jon 3.0 was saving Drift during our comics discussion

Episode #116 "Character Piece" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

On this episode we start out by catching up on some comic talk. The not-quite latest issue of More Than Meets The Eye kicks things off, as we take a rather long time to catch up on the dastardly(?) deeds of the DJD.

Not sure if the audio gives a reminder of who the Best Character is, so here's one.

After that, we catch up on the goings on with the rest of the crew in the fallout of Elegant Chaos. The feels run strong while we chat about the emotional "Ratchet" issue. Will we ever successfully say "goodbye" to this topic during the episode?

Off the page, but into your heart

We then move on to Combiner Wars Parts two and three, found (respectively) in the pages of Transformers #40 and Windblade #2. The ongoing war is so compelling, it may get glossed over with only the quickest of discussions - who will save us from the lack of discourse for these super fun issues?

My money's on Lightbright

We then move onto Cartoons and discuss Robots In Disguise Episodes 6 & 7. Is the cast enjoying the show so far, or are we truly still in the "too early to tell" phase of the show?

Buy her now kids! Oh wait, you can't. We're so good at cross channel marketing.

The Robots in Disguise chat rolls on for a little while longer, when we take a look at some potential toy repaint color schemes.

Obligatory

The last toy in the Botcon 2015 boxed set has been revealed as the "Double Pretender" Oilmaster! "The Bounty Hunter" comes to us as a resurrection of a canceled late-G1 concept. Split opinions reign as we discuss whether or not this made some dreams come true.

Trukk AND Monkey!

With Botcon coming up soon, we then briefly turn our attention to the boxed set on the whole. What do you think of the set? Will we see you at the convention?

Maybe Axl was singing about Mach Kick all along

Next up, we'll answer a very fun question from Seibertronian lordME.gatron, who asks:

lordME.gatron wrote:Hey there guys I'm a long time listener, first time caller;

I started collecting a little over 5 years ago, I managed to buy more generations toys than g1. Would it be wise to continue collecting both g1 and generations or stick with either line. I like both lines but its becoming too pricy, any advice? :CON:

Choices, choices...

After that, it's time to wrap up with some quick Bragging Rights. Listen to us all live vicariously through one another's collective eclectic hauls!

He's on a quest to save the show!

Hope you have fun with this one, we'll see you again in some indeterminate amount of time!

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #116 "Character Piece"

Postby megatronus » Wed May 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Great episode guys! I really enjoyed the free-ranging conversation on this one.

And also, ScottyP is hitched! Congratulations big guy!*

*Disclaimer: I do not know the actual height, width, or weight of ScottyP
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby worldsgreatest » Thu May 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Ryan, James Roberts wrote a fan novel years ago called Eugensis which is available for free online (PDF version). So you can check that out if you are curious about Roberts' prose.

Also: FansProject has a Dinoking complete with shells in the pipeline so yeah, third party is sort of already tackling pretenders.
worldsgreatest
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Convoy » Thu May 14, 2015 10:32 pm

This would be my first Botcon that I can realistically do. Probably looking at a couple general admission tickets to pop my cherry. I'm still on the fence and registration still isn't open. I'd like to see what all the fuss is about and to meet some Seibertron members in person. I just don't think I'll be finding anything I NEED that I couldn't find online for a better price without the haggling. (I'm not sure how the dealer room works.)

This may be the wrong thread to say such things but you people seem to know what's up.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad fan.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Va'al » Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
MTMTE #39 - I said most of my thoughts in the review, but I mostly agree with ScottyP's reading of the issue. They're not being 'humanised', in my view, but rather shown as a different kind of evil, somehow. And the addition of Nickel, plus the feeling of intense betrayal that Tarn feels, they all just reinforce the notion of their skewed sense of reality.

MTMTE #40 - I actually teared up towards the end of the issue. The scene with Ratchet and Ten about favourites was great, and I adore the fact that both Magnus/Minimus and Megatron write poetry. Simply adore it.

Combiner Wars - I feel as though there was a good start, with a dip in between issues. I like the contrast of styles, myself, though the part that Scott mentioned about the rushed feeling in the latter part does very much stand. HOWEVER. I'd keep an eye out for the tension in TF#41. Holy robots is it tense.

(In terms of art dislikes overall - Farinas, Heart of Darkness. That's the one that really did not work for me. Really really really did not.)

The thing from Roberts' interview, about prose pieces:
- Prose stories such as those in the LSotW hardcover and the one from the end of Remain in Light have been a fantastic way to expand the story in ways probably not otherwise possible. Have you had desire to do this more often? Any times where this was desired and an editorial decision prevented it?

There's a difference between the stories in Last Stand of the Wreckers and the ones in MTMTE so far: Bullets and Zero Point were pretty much just extras, for me to have fun in the universe we created for LSotW. In MTMTE, in the Remain in Light arc, they were necessities: it felt that some loose ends were left hanging, and needed addressing. There was more story to tell, and part of it was due to IDW editorial decisions, like the Skids in-pack issue (MTMTE #22) and Dark Cybertron happening shortly after that. But any further stories that might appear, will definitely just be fun extras - much like that deleted scene between Drift and Ratchet I posted the script for a while ago.

(I'll listen to second half later, and comment more.)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby megatronus » Fri May 15, 2015 7:29 am

My main issue with Combiner Wars isn't with what it does do, but what it doesn't do. CW has been one big action scene so far, which in itself is OK, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more of the Mistress of Flame helping to control/contain the chaos or simply present to comment on or shape events. People were making a big deal about the Mistress in previews and interviews, and as of right now, it seems her only function was to draw Optimus back into the larger political environment. If that ends up being all she does, I'll be quite disappointed.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Va'al » Fri May 15, 2015 10:05 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A fair criticism, yes.

As much as #41 does not address it directly, it does do something a little different from what we've seen so far. I think it may speak to those points you raise.

(*Makes notes for review.*)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ryan, you went to Joe Con? Did you run into my boys? Vintage vs. Modern collecting is interesting. From my simple observations newer releases and reissues generally go up in value shortly after release, and in the case of the Book Box reissues tend to be more expensive than their vintage counterparts. I've always wondered why, I guess you can explain it away as the reissues tend to be in better condition. A reissue Optimus Prime will be in better shape than a vintage one MISP from 84.

By the way it appears I've been on this site for 9 years. Thanks for having me, where's the dancing girls and cake?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby megatronus » Tue May 26, 2015 6:49 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:By the way it appears I've been on this site for 9 years. Thanks for having me, where's the dancing girls and cake?

Sorry, that only comes at 10.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 pm

megatronus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:By the way it appears I've been on this site for 9 years. Thanks for having me, where's the dancing girls and cake?

I did lurk for a bit, it's funny but most of the people I spoke to back then aren't even around anymore.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby megatronus » Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

I did lurk for a bit, it's funny but most of the people I spoke to back then aren't even around anymore.

Actually... if you joined in 2004, seems like you've been around 11 years, no?

In that case, you missed the girls & cake. :P
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 27, 2015 1:06 pm

megatronus wrote:*Disclaimer: I do not know the actual height, width, or weight of ScottyP

It used to be on my old Myspace page, but since that's down for maintenance, I'll list it here too. Respectively, the numbers you're after are 6'11", They don't make that size, and "At least it's 45 pounds less than a year ago".
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
ScottyP wrote:
megatronus wrote:*Disclaimer: I do not know the actual height, width, or weight of ScottyP

It used to be on my old Myspace page, but since that's down for maintenance, I'll list it here too. Respectively, the numbers you're after are 6'11", They don't make that size, and "At least it's 45 pounds less than a year ago".

You're nearly 7 feet tall? Why aren't you in a wookie costume 24/7?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Too busy bench pressing 450 while doing keg stands. The wookie costume would get in the way.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Why be a wookie when you could be Baby Godzilla?

**SHUDDER**

Nevermind. Wookie is better.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Too busy bench pressing 450 while doing keg stands. The wookie costume would get in the way.

How about the predator? I'm sure you could rock body paint and fishnets.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 pm

megatronus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Actually... if you joined in 2004, seems like you've been around 11 years, no?

In that case, you missed the girls & cake. :P

Yeahhh I can't read
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230128 20A (CA) Bogdanovic"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #29 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM346 29B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #29 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #2 Cvr B virgin Image Comics DEC220303 2B (CA) Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124D"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #333 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220320 333B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #333 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM336 26A (CA) Barberi (W) Layman"
NEW!
SCORCHED #26 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #10 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220234 10B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #10 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 AUG210013 1A (CA) Lee"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #14 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220216 14B (CA) Nachlik (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #14 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131C"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr E Image Comics 2021 MAY218952 1E (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #254 Image Comics 2020 SEP200222 (W) Larsen (A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #254 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #20 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230129 20B (CA) Colak"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON