This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #121 "SDCC 2015"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #121 "SDCC 2015"

Postby xRotorstormx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:58 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Hello and welcome to the lastest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host ScottyP along with RodimusConvoy13, xRotorstormx, our long lost partner in crime TigerTrack24, and coming to you live from San Diego Comic Con, Seibertron. In this episode we will be discussing all the latest news coming out of San Diego Comic Con from rumors and reveals to new comics that will be headed to a comic shop near you.

Episode #121 "SDCC 2015" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

San Diego Comic Con, the place where everyone wants to be, is taking place this week (July 9-12) and we've got the latest scoop on all the big surprising and those not so surprising reveals in the Transformers world BUT we decided to throw you a curve ball tonight and start off with a little discussion of non-TF SDCC news that we are each looking forward to.

Up next we'll dive into the world of transformers...

Oh, what do we have here, do my eyes deceive me? Nope, those 90's neon colors are headed our way again in the form of G2 Superion and Menasor and we couldn't be more excited!

We've also been shown this awesome spreadsheet of repeated mold use in the Combiner Wars line, just in case you were curious. :D

We fall back into some G2 chat when out of the blue, who do we have here? Live from San Diego, its Seibertron! He was able to take some time out of his busy schedule to join us to chat about everything from his first hand experiences to the overall vibe of comic con. You do not want to miss this.

While it may not come as a surprise to some, it looks like we've finally gotten an update that Toys R Us may actually be getting Masterpiece Starscream.

Up next, we discuss our thoughts on the awesome looking game from Activision Transformers: Devastation plus, our very own Seibertron was lucky enough to get a first hand walk through at SDCC.

The votes have been tallied and the fan built female combiner, Victorion, has finally been revealed. We'll discuss our first thoughts on her as well as the overall fan reaction.

At this years Botcon, we were lucky enough to get our hands on some G2 figures that never saw the light of day, General Optimus and Sgt. Hound. On top of Nacelle from the club, the twincast deviates a little to discuss what other unreleased figures we would love to see.

SDCC also gave us images of the upcoming Combiner Wars Scattershot and Betatron but the question still remains, will we actually see Computron? Guess we will have to wait and see.

With the popularity of the Combiner Wars line so far, what does this mean for the possibility of the other combiners making an appearance?

Combiner Wars Devastator, the set we have all be clamoring to get our hands on is finally popping up in stores. Some of the twincast were lucky enough to have him in hand so you'll have to tune in to hear our thoughts on this new box set.

There were a few things that were surprisingly absent at SDCC this year, most importantly, Titan Wars. The images were (leaked?) at Botcon this year on the Hasbro banner but with no official word, will we ever see these figures come to life? Well, just when we thought all hope was lost, an image of Titan Wars Blaster has appeared...

In other news, the twincast discusses the upcoming Combiner Wars animated series coming to us from Machinima.

Also, there was some exciting news to come out of the IDW panel at SDCC. Lets just say we will be seeing new comics galor in the coming year!

Of course, we finish up this episode with an excellent round of bragging rights. What has the Twincast picked up since last time? You'll have to tune in to find out...but here's a hint.

Well, that wraps things up for another episode! We really hope you enjoyed listening.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #121 "SDCC 2015"

Postby night18mare » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:56 am

Hi, am still new to seibertron, so I was wondering, what's a twincast/ podcast, and how do I watch it ?
night18mare
Mini-Con

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
I don't see Phiranacon or Abominus happening in CW-They can't get them out of the existing moulds. >:oP
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
night18mare wrote:Hi, am still new to seibertron, so I was wondering, what's a twincast/ podcast, and how do I watch it ?
Our podcast is an audio only experience for the moment, but to listen there are a few different ways. Episodes can be downloaded individually, clicking this text will start a download of an mp3 file of the latest episode. You can also find us on iTunes, and Stitcher Radio, though sometimes it takes a little while for the files to populate on those services so they may not be up to date with the latest episode until tomorrow or the next day.

Hope you enjoy it! If not, well, we tried :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Alpha Dominus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
night18mare wrote:Hi, am still new to seibertron, so I was wondering, what's a twincast/ podcast, and how do I watch it ?

Click on the "Media" tab of the top ribbon and click either the first two links of the dropdown to download/listen to hours of Transformers goodness.

Oh! And welcome to our fine community,fellow Seibertronian!
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Most of the time the episode is on iTunes as soon as the news story is posted. Only a few times it hasn't been. I hope you enjoy the show. You can go back and listen to old episodes or wait for new ones. I was a listener from day one and have always enjoyed listening and occasionally yelling about what was being discussed. :D Now I don't yell. But that's because the other people on the podcast can hear me. :lol:
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:46 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Most of the time the episode is on iTunes as soon as the news story is posted. Only a few times it hasn't been. I hope you enjoy the show. You can go back and listen to old episodes or wait for new ones. I was a listener from day one and have always enjoyed listening and occasionally yelling about what was being discussed. :D Now I don't yell. But that's because the other people on the podcast can hear me. :lol:
I mean, you can feel free to yell. As long as it makes sense. Or just scream random phrases every ten minutes.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby worldsgreatest » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Last Podcast there was a tease about Ryan potentially having to talk about third party figures in an upcoming episode.

Please tell me this is happening!
worldsgreatest
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby megatronus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
After listening to this show, I've determined that liquored up Scotty is the best Scotty. ;)
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
megatronus wrote:After listening to this show, I've determined that liquored up Scotty is the best Scotty. ;)

I may have been the podcast equivalent of a red shirt, but I could've told you that.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 am

megatronus wrote:After listening to this show, I've determined that liquored up Scotty is the best Scotty. ;)
Hooray for a weekend recording! Although my wife won't be pleased one bit if that becomes a regular thing.

worldsgreatest wrote:Last Podcast there was a tease about Ryan potentially having to talk about third party figures in an upcoming episode.

Please tell me this is happening!
Definitely maybe. Ok, yes, but it may not be soon. Plans changed a bit. Stay tuned.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:46 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
ScottyP wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Most of the time the episode is on iTunes as soon as the news story is posted. Only a few times it hasn't been. I hope you enjoy the show. You can go back and listen to old episodes or wait for new ones. I was a listener from day one and have always enjoyed listening and occasionally yelling about what was being discussed. :D Now I don't yell. But that's because the other people on the podcast can hear me. :lol:
I mean, you can feel free to yell. As long as it makes sense. Or just scream random phrases every ten minutes.

This screaming random phrases every 10 minutes sounds fun. I may need to work on the Professor Frink voice from the Simpson's. After all, every thing is better with some FLAVIN GLAVIN!!
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6

Postby megatronus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

This screaming random phrases every 10 minutes sounds fun. I may need to work on the Professor Frink voice from the Simpson's. After all, every thing is better with some FLAVIN GLAVIN!!

I'm particularly fond of Frink's "OYVEN FLOYGEN!"
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby xRotorstormx » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:55 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
hinomars19 wrote:I don't see Phiranacon or Abominus happening in CW-They can't get them out of the existing moulds. >:oP

Dreams = :michaelbay:

megatronus wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

I'm particularly fond of Frink's "OYVEN FLOYGEN!"

BORK BORK BORK
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Postby jrgreer74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 am

Motto: "In War There Are Only Casualties"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Armor-Piercing Missiles
I'm kind of surprised when they talked about MP Bluestreak that they didn't mention the MP Megatron picture in the package, like the ones in the other Combiner Wars packages. I realize it was a quick mention of Bluestreak but I thought someone would mention it regardless. I'm not sure if Megatron has been shown before. I do know it has been talked about some, and even fussed about for not being done yet, just don't remember it being in the news or mentioned in the forums. I might of missed it if it is in the forums somewhere. :???: Either way here is a picture of him in the package. Also there is a curious picture of Unicron in the package too. I wonder what that will turn out to be, just a little accessory piece or an actual MP figure?
Attachments
DSCN2344.JPG
MP Megatron
I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
jrgreer74
Micromaster
News Credits: 3
Watch jrgreer74 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm

jrgreer74 wrote:I'm kind of surprised when they talked about MP Bluestreak that they didn't mention the MP Megatron picture in the package, like the ones in the other Combiner Wars packages. I realize it was a quick mention of Bluestreak but I thought someone would mention it regardless. I'm not sure if Megatron has been shown before. I do know it has been talked about some, and even fussed about for not being done yet, just don't remember it being in the news or mentioned in the forums. I might of missed it if it is in the forums somewhere. :???: Either way here is a picture of him in the package. Also there is a curious picture of Unicron in the package too. I wonder what that will turn out to be, just a little accessory piece or an actual MP figure?
It's been debunked as just "cool art" for quite awhile, which is why it didn't come up :)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby jrgreer74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Oh man, that sucks! That is sad! Thanks Scotty for clearing it up for me. :oops:
It looks cool and would of been a great figure from the image in box. Oh well! :BANG_HEAD:
I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
jrgreer74
Micromaster

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:51 pm

jrgreer74 wrote:Oh man, that sucks! That is sad! Thanks Scotty for clearing it up for me. :oops:
It looks cool and would of been a great figure from the image in box. Oh well! :BANG_HEAD:
I agree on the sentiment. I'd love an official MP Megatron "2.0" from Takara. Apollyon is good, but it's so painfully un-fun to transform that I'm still left unsatisfied.

Honestly, I'd take a Tank Megatron if the bot mode was right, but with the direction Masterpiece has gone/is going in, coupled with the (I presume) general unpopularity of that idea, that's probably not in the cards either.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby jrgreer74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I'd take the tank too, but I'd love a G1 (Proper) gun mode more I think. I hate the whole bright orange safety plug idea though, especially if it is painted on or glued in, and a tank wouldn't need the plug. I guess they both would have an appeal to me. I lucked up on the original MP Megs and got it without a plug from someone already in the U.S. but it was several years after the original release.
jrgreer74
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:34 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
A little late on this, but I heard another request of me in this one.

That little yellow guy next to Roadbuster on the Sins of the Wreckers cover is... unknown to me. :-P

Some have guessed Armada Sparkplug (like you guys mentioned), others have guessed G1 Hubcap.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who it is when the comic comes out. :PEACE:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSOVER #4 Cvr D 1:10 incv virgin Image Comics 2021 DEC208788 4D (CA) Shaw"
CROSSOVER #4 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2020 JUL200237 8B (CA) Stegman"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 JUL220261 21A (CA) Camuncoli"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 NOV210236 5B (CA) Francavilla (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 (CA) Blank Sketch"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #11 Cvr B Image Comics 2020 OCT200232 11B (CA) Andolfo"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr K 1:30 Image Comics 2022 JUN220019 1K (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #15 Cvr E AAPI Image Comics 2021 MAR218080 15E (CA) Cheng"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM300 31B (CA) Randal (W) McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KILLADELPHIA #33 Cvr C Noir Edition Image Comics 2024 1123IM304 33C Alexander"
NEW!
KILLADELPHIA #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EIGHT BILLION GENIES #7 Cvr C Spawn Image Comics 2023 SEP228065 7C (CA) Browne"
EIGHT BILLION GENI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #347 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM457 347B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #347 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210B"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON