This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast #124: "Dogfight"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast #124: "Dogfight"

Postby megatronus » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your prodigal host Counterpunch, xRotorstormx, TigerTrack24, jON3.0, and Megatronus - listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #124 "Dogfight" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We start out with news from across the Atlantic - an intriguing, remarkably detailed fan survey run by Hasbro UK, allegedly a result of feedback Hasbro received at this year's Auto Assembly. Several members of the Twincast filled out this survey, and boy do we have thoughts. All the thoughts. Also, what's this about 3rd Party items?

This seriously took a couple of hours.

We move on to toys, a staple of our friendly neighborhood podcast, starting with the TFCC Service 4.0 reveals. As of this writing, Bludgeon is the latest Club reveal, and Twincast reactions are mixed. Is this the Bludgeon we're yearning for, or does he leave us wanting?

Faux-Pretender goodness.

Optimus Maximus is here! Combiner Wars wave 4, AKA the 1984 Autobots (check out our very own Seibertron galleries, here), and Battle Core Optimus (available at Amazon) are hitting shelves. Will the Twincast crew pick these up? More to the point, will these versions spur us to replace our Classics and Universe figures? It's a tough call, so tune in.

Yea buddy... we feel ya.

We've got some interesting redecos coming out of the Transformers Adventures line, including legends class Override and Runabout, and the ever-stoic and much vaunted deluxe class Vehicon General. These sweet rides have caught the Twincast's eye, so listen in to hear what we think about these speedsters... Megatronus makes the wrong choice.

Ugh. Dem stickers.

We've wound our way back to the MP line, and we still have some gripes about the upcoming and much debated MP-27 Ironhide. Is the Twincast crew capable of making peace with this figure? You're just a download away from finding out. Also, what's with this red Bumblebee?

We want Cliffjumper!

We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording - or even since two recordings ago?

Dat headsculpt.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Twincast #124: "Dogfight"

Postby megatronus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 pm

I've been working myself up to buy BC Optimus all day...
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:38 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
megatronus wrote:I've been working myself up to buy BC Optimus all day...

And...?

btw, thanks for finding me an Override.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:47 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
So I'm not done listening, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on CW Wave 4. Prowl looks awesome. As for the talk of him being better than Universe Prowl, I don't know. Universe Prowl is definitely the updated G1 version. However, I've never been super happy with that mold. It's always been a bit fiddly for me. In terms of displaying him on a shelf, he looks great. I think CW Prowl might be more fun to mess with. Please know that I LOVE Classics/Universe, etc. I'm not saying that they are bad figures at all(Except for Tankor/Octane. You suck, dude.). As for the rest of wave 4. Sunstreaker is in that terrible yellow that just doesn't look good. It's sorta translucent and just looks cruddy. Also, I really don't like that mold all that much and I wouldn't have bought Breakdown if I'd known the legs were that crappy. Mirage just doesn't compare to Classics Mirage. That is still, hands down, one of the best Classics figures. The CW alt mode looks great, but the robot mode, no matter what you do to it, just can't compare. I really don't like Ironhide's head sculpt at all. Just doesn't look like him.

All that being said, if I can find a Prowl, I'm going to pick him up. The CW figures are a lot of fun to play with. And that mold they used for him is great.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 am

Counterpunch wrote:
megatronus wrote:I've been working myself up to buy BC Optimus all day...

And...?

btw, thanks for finding me an Override.

Still considering. I have an Amazon gift card somewhere. Once I have that glossy piece of plastic in hand... I will use the code to buy a different glossy piece of plastic.

Also, you're welcome!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:34 am

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:So I'm not done listening, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on CW Wave 4. Prowl looks awesome. As for the talk of him being better than Universe Prowl, I don't know. Universe Prowl is definitely the updated G1 version. However, I've never been super happy with that mold. It's always been a bit fiddly for me. In terms of displaying him on a shelf, he looks great. I think CW Prowl might be more fun to mess with. Please know that I LOVE Classics/Universe, etc. I'm not saying that they are bad figures at all(Except for Tankor/Octane. You suck, dude.). As for the rest of wave 4. Sunstreaker is in that terrible yellow that just doesn't look good. It's sorta translucent and just looks cruddy. Also, I really don't like that mold all that much and I wouldn't have bought Breakdown if I'd known the legs were that crappy. Mirage just doesn't compare to Classics Mirage. That is still, hands down, one of the best Classics figures. The CW alt mode looks great, but the robot mode, no matter what you do to it, just can't compare. I really don't like Ironhide's head sculpt at all. Just doesn't look like him.

All that being said, if I can find a Prowl, I'm going to pick him up. The CW figures are a lot of fun to play with. And that mold they used for him is great.

I'm 100% with you on Sunstreaker. That mold is one of the weakest, if not the weakest, mold to come out of CW. That yellow plastic does not help things. I do love the Offroad mold, but it's just not a great fit for Ironhide.

Mirage... I kind of like. I'm not sure I like it better than the Classics version, but I'm also not so sure that the Classics version is better. If he had a Prowl-like chest plate covering the combiner peg, I think the CW version would be my favorite.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Had I been on, I would have said how I'm all about that Grand/Ground Vehicon General. I can't wait for that guy. The PRiD Vehicons and the two Jet Vehicons are the only Prime figures I kept besides FE Bulkhead and FE Prime. And since Bulkhead has been in the comics as well as the Vehicons, they're G1 baby! So totally ok with my classics collection.

I bet it was Alpha Bravo who set that all up. He's always saving G1, you know.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:48 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:And since Bulkhead has been in the comics as well as the Vehicons, they're G1 baby! So totally ok with my classics collection.

Shucks... Now I have to buy that Bulkhead again...

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I bet it was Alpha Bravo who set that all up. He's always saving G1, you know.
:lol:
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby kurthy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:35 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
I don't know who it was on the podcast that recently got Hot Spot, but the robot mode legs work great if you transform them correctly.
"You have HotSpot's knees wrong. Bend them at a 90 degree angle then snap them into the top of the "shin". Secures the legs. Makes him awesome-er." On shortpacked.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 am

kurthy wrote:I don't know who it was on the podcast that recently got Hot Spot, but the robot mode legs work great if you transform them correctly.
"You have HotSpot's knees wrong. Bend them at a 90 degree angle then snap them into the top of the "shin". Secures the legs. Makes him awesome-er." On shortpacked.

I'll take another look. I thought I had tried that and couldn't get them to fix there.

I might have been wrong.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:18 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I need to finish listening, but in our interview with Pete a few episodes back, when I asked him very point blank about FSS figure arrival being at Botcon time, he was insistent that yes, this happened, but won't next time.

Seeing as there's been a factory move on the Hasbro end (China to Vietnam), I'll choose to believe that until it happens otherwise.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Survey: i wouod not be surprised if those fee response questions get hit with search filters, instead of being just read
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:15 pm

kurthy wrote:I don't know who it was on the podcast that recently got Hot Spot, but the robot mode legs work great if you transform them correctly.

You were definitely right about this. I'm not sure how I missed it.

I remember thinking that it should work like that when I first took a look. To be fair, mine were considerably tighter than I would have expected but after the first time it snapped in, the rest were easier.

Thanks!
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby kurthy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Yep, I was worried the first time I did it, then I got it snapped in. The joint was so nice, but the mold seems terrible if you leave it the way you would expect.

Don't thank me, I didn't realize it until I read Willis' blog.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:38 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Great podcast, I love it most when you are discussing toys and the pros and cons you find with them so I was in heaven.

Firstly, I am on Megatronus' side for TAV Runabout over Override. When I saw the Blackjack mold, the windows on his chest looked just perfect for a Batlechanger homage to a point where I thought this mold was made to eventually redeco it as one of them. And they did, so its great. Here are some points on how this is totally the perfect mold to homage the Battlechangers:

BWTF wrote:Blackjack's sculpt has three of the hallmark design elements of those G1 characters including car windows as part of his torso and a section of the car that is swung behind the head, almost like a hood that has been pushed back. However, the biggest give away is his head sculpt which features visor eyes and a mouthplate with a distinct notch that sticks out in the middle.

However, I am totally siding with Counterpunch for Hotspot. When I first held him I could not beleive this was issued by the same guys who brought us Motromaster and Superion. I hate those hip ratchets, they give such odd poses. Theya re either too close together or too far apart. And while his wheels stay on, the chest flap comes off all the time. While I dont mind how he stays together in combined mode, he seems to much smaller and stockier than the other combiners. And the upper part of his combiner torso limit his shoulder articulation, unlike Superion who had a bunch of space for his shoulders to move.
He is my least favourite voyager mold and least favourite combiner, although I preffer his version of the limb molds to all previous uses of their molds.

OH and guys:

Hotspot's knees do lock but it isnt in the instructions

youtube wrote:there is a way to lock the knees so they are tighter, he's mis-transformed out of the box, each knee is on a triple hinge and to lock it just press in on the lower hinges to get a step pattern and they click into place

EDIT: I just saw that you took note of that Hotspot fix already. Still, it would have been nice if it was included in the instructions. It makes a huge difference.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
What is going on with Jon's audio? Background noise and he's generally quiet, otherwise. Get with the program mister voice actor! :P
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Kibble » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:So I'm not done listening, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on CW Wave 4. Prowl looks awesome. As for the talk of him being better than Universe Prowl, I don't know. Universe Prowl is definitely the updated G1 version. However, I've never been super happy with that mold. It's always been a bit fiddly for me. In terms of displaying him on a shelf, he looks great. I think CW Prowl might be more fun to mess with. Please know that I LOVE Classics/Universe, etc. I'm not saying that they are bad figures at all(Except for Tankor/Octane. You suck, dude.). As for the rest of wave 4. Sunstreaker is in that terrible yellow that just doesn't look good. It's sorta translucent and just looks cruddy. Also, I really don't like that mold all that much and I wouldn't have bought Breakdown if I'd known the legs were that crappy. Mirage just doesn't compare to Classics Mirage. That is still, hands down, one of the best Classics figures. The CW alt mode looks great, but the robot mode, no matter what you do to it, just can't compare. I really don't like Ironhide's head sculpt at all. Just doesn't look like him.

I haven't listened yet, but none of these molds are better than the previous versions, save maybe Ironhide which is a junk mold...but this version doesn't really say Ironhide either. CW has a lot of weak molds, as is the case with just about ever figure since FOC Generations figures.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby megatronus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Kibble wrote:I haven't listened yet, but none of these molds are better than the previous versions, save maybe Ironhide which is a junk mold...but this version doesn't really say Ironhide either.

Ironhide isn't a junk mold, it's just a mold that doesn't fit Ironhide. Offroad and First Aid are great, and I fully expect Ruckus to be great, too.

Kibble wrote:CW has a lot of weak molds, as is the case with just about ever figure since FOC Generations figures.

=;
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Kibble wrote:I haven't listened yet, but none of these molds are better than the previous versions, save maybe Ironhide which is a junk mold...but this version doesn't really say Ironhide either. CW has a lot of weak molds, as is the case with just about ever figure since FOC Generations figures.

You gotta get yourself:

Generations Cosmos
Generations Arcee
Generations Spriger
AOE Evasio Mode Optimus Prime
AOE Hound
RID Drift
Generations Brainstorm
CW Blades
CW Blackjack

Those are all amazing molds.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:44 pm

megatronus wrote:
Kibble wrote:I haven't listened yet, but none of these molds are better than the previous versions, save maybe Ironhide which is a junk mold...but this version doesn't really say Ironhide either.

Ironhide isn't a junk mold, it's just a mold that doesn't fit Ironhide. Offroad and First Aid are great, and I fully expect Ruckus to be great, too.

I think he meant the universe ironhide/ratchet mold was junk and that of the 4 cw autobot limbs of wave 4, the ironhide was the only one that he found beat the original.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby megatronus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:50 pm

william-james88 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

I think he meant the universe ironhide/ratchet mold was junk and that of the 4 cw autobot limbs of wave 4, the ironhide was the only one that he found beat the original.

Re-reading it, that makes sense.

Sorry, Kibble!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:57 pm

megatronus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Re-reading it, that makes sense.

Sorry, Kibble!

Dont be sorry, he still called every mold since FOC crappy (I am at least hoping he includes FOC in this generalization).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kibble » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
william-james88 wrote:You gotta get yourself:

Generations Cosmos
Generations Arcee
Generations Spriger
AOE Evasio Mode Optimus Prime
AOE Hound
RID Drift
Generations Brainstorm
CW Blades
CW Blackjack

Those are all amazing molds.

I have most of those. Cosmos, I agree is really good. Arcee looks good, but I hate the tabby transformation that doesn't hold together well. It seems since FOC (and yes, including) there has been an over reliance on tabs for the transformation where they previously folded together solidly instead of just having a tab peg and loosely hold it together. Springer is solid, but overrated. Evasion Prime, probably a great mold if it had proper paint. Don't have Hound or Drift. Brainstorm...bland, but effective, I guess. Blades...okay. Blackjack, have him, but I don't remember anything about him so I'll assume I wasn't impressed.

Not every figure has sucked, but I'd say the ratio has flipped as of FOC for good vs mediocre to bad figs compared to Universe 2.0 through Pre-FOC Gens.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:25 am

Well of course because in that time period you get Animated, First Edition Prime, HFTD, RTS and the best movie leaders. Plus you get Onslaught and Warpath. Yeah, thats a beautiful era.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby megatronus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:17 am

Eh. I think we just have a rosy view of that time. There were plenty of stinkers then, too.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249146 3ZD (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr U 1:40 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240208 3U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103A"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT221753 3A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin Lost Years DIRECTORS CUT #1 Cvr A IDW Comics FEB231516 1A"
TMNT Last Ronin Lo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr C RI 1:10 Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231657 (CA) Ziritt"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2024 OCT231364 9B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC221446 5C (CA) Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SOURCEBOOK #2 IDW Comics 2024 2024 JAN241265 Ninja Turtles (CA) Santalouco"
NEW!
TMNT SOURCEBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210317 3B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON