This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #140 "Botcon 2016 Part 1: Eastbound and Down"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #140 "Botcon 2016 Part 1: Eastbound and Down"

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Botcon 2016 weekend has come and gone, and the Seibertron.com Twincast is proud to present the first of three episodes of material recorded during our convention adventures. Part 1 is all about the road trip, with recordings from the Twincast crew while driving to Louisville.

Episode #140 “Botcon 2016 Part 1: Eastbound and Down“ is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Your Botcon recap show starts with none other than the journey to the show itself! Seibertron, Starscream, and Dr. Va'al himself hit the road from Chicago to Louisville and recap the history of the show. But first, comics talk.

Managed to be relevant to the Botcon set after all!

How much comics talk? Well, it all starts out with Megatron: Origin. Dr. Va'al leads a deep dive through how that foundation has led to the current events with Megatron in More Than Meets The Eye.

Hot Rod's just ready for Botcon.

Road trip conversations can, and do, go anywhere. Even Pretenders come up along the way, with thoughts about what could happen if they mastered all the things. Ultra-Ultra Pretenders? That's right, they'll frame up the ongoing conversation about the Titan Master gimmick.

No hiding this head.

The Botcon set itself then takes over the focus, including the Dawn of the Predacus boxed set and attendee freebie Terrorsaur.

Red Dawn

A look back at Botcons of the past continues the conversation. Relive memories of the past with all your Botcon pals like Deathsaurus, Tyrese, Clench, and more.

From figures to the red carpet and back again.

That wasn't the only crew headed out on the open road. Scotty P and Razorclaw0000 wearily pass the last hour of their road trip from Raleigh by recording thoughts just for you. You'll have to excuse the quality on this one, as the rough road and some otherworldly environments took their toll on the recorder's mic.

Artist's interpretation of totally real events from the road trip.

After the brief origin story, current events are back in focus as we speculate on toys seen but not yet owned, those being this year's Botcon souvenir figures. Listen to what we're thinking about them mere hours before they're in our possession.

I mean, at least this mode is cool, right?

A big part of Botcon is the dealer and exhibitor room. ScottyP and Razorclaw go through their wishlists, with some items that are painful to hear about now that the convention has passed. When will Black Mach appear? What big ticket things were targets? How many Mini-cons will not be found? All this, and a cow pooping on the highway.

MORE Seekers!?

After a slightly boring look at the populations of Louisville as compared to our hometowns, we think about what we'd do differently for the future of Transformers conventions. After listening to this, you'll probably be glad we're leaving these things to the experts!

We just want to keep rock alive.

Stay tuned very soon for Episode 141, which will feature some of our more traditional convention news reactions and coverage.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #140 "Botcon 2016 Part 1: Eastbound and Down"

Postby Va'al » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:44 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
- I talked a lot. #-o
- By SixShadow I meant Black Shadow.
- Ben Jeong = Ben Chang, played by Ken Jeong.

Scotty, you sounded sleep drunk for a lot of your segment, as laughing at your own jokes indicated to me. I know the feeling. :-P
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Dr Va'al wrote:Scotty, you sounded sleep drunk for a lot of your segment, as laughing at your own jokes indicated to me. I know the feeling. :-P
I was indeed running on very little sleep. I'd actually just woken up from a massive 30 minute nap a bit before we started recording! Also Bob was super focused on the road/doesn't find me funny but that's ok either way :D
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Sure had a great time meeting you guys in person.
Scotty and Razorclaw, you guys quickly mentioned how well the Cybertron and Energon stuff has withstood the test of time. The majority of my haul from the dealer room was from both those lines. Things I had missed back when they were on the shelves. The fact that I am having more fun with those toys, right now, than I am with MP Shockwave speaks volumes to that fact.
Scotty, thanks for the nudge I needed to go back and nab that Cybertron Leader Galvatron. He is the jewel in my BotCon crown. Hope you're having as much fun with your Galaxy Force Megatron. ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:13 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ScottyP wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:Scotty, you sounded sleep drunk for a lot of your segment, as laughing at your own jokes indicated to me. I know the feeling. :-P
I was indeed running on very little sleep. I'd actually just woken up from a massive 30 minute nap a bit before we started recording! Also Bob was super focused on the road/doesn't find me funny but that's ok either way :D

We're laughing with you, don't worry.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
A buddy of mine had a booth there and he had a crap ton of Unicorn Trilogy stuff. Was that pretty scarce in the dealer room? He said a lot of people were saying no one else had those figures.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Cobotron » Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:A buddy of mine had a booth there and he had a crap ton of Unicorn Trilogy stuff. Was that pretty scarce in the dealer room? He said a lot of people were saying no one else had those figures.
Was your buddy a dark haired gent from Detroit? If so I grabbed a couple really nice MISB Energon and GDO Legends from him, and had two really nice conversations with him. Great guy with a great booth!
I wouldn't say it was scarce, but MISB stuff was a little harder to find then loose figures.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Cobotron wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:A buddy of mine had a booth there and he had a crap ton of Unicorn Trilogy stuff. Was that pretty scarce in the dealer room? He said a lot of people were saying no one else had those figures.
Was your buddy a dark haired gent from Detroit? If so I grabbed a couple really nice MISB Energon and GDO Legends from him, and had two really nice conversations with him. Great guy with a great booth!
I wouldn't say it was scarce, but MISB stuff was a little harder to find then loose figures.

Yeah, that was him. Glad you found some good stuff.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Cobotron » Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

Yeah, that was him. Glad you found some good stuff.
HA! Awesome! He was set up across from Stan Bush, and he was recalling his interaction with him, and started to get choked up as we talked about how important the Movie was to us as kids. Great dude! Tell him hi, and thanks next time you see him. :D
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
There are car fans who are as bad as TF fans. We heard about them during Alternators, because car companies were concerned about how the panel lines on the toys, were different than the real world cars.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers My Little Pony MAGIC OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 1B"
Transformers My Li ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (CA) Yaniger 210227A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #2 RE IDW Comics 2022 Pulse 2RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON