This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #155 "Pillarboxed"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #155 "Pillarboxed"

Postby xRotorstormx » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:13 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Welcome to the latest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. We're back with another exciting episode that features your host Scotty P along with Jon 3.0, Tigertrack, and xRotorstormx. Sit down, tune in and get excited as we discuss all the latest news and reveals.

Episode #155 "Pillarboxed" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

The 30th Anniversary edition of The Transformers: The Movie is set to be released in mere days on September 13th but our own Scotty P was lucky enough to *somehow* get it before any of us ("Editor's" Note: Thanks, Shout Factory!) We'll talk through the extra features included with this new version, and look back on previous versions of the movie from years gone by.

By the way, if you want to experience all the details for yourself without a breakdown beforehand, you'll want to skip to about the eighteen minute mark in the audio once you hear the movie talk crank up. If you do that, just be sure to come back after this next Tuesday and catch our thoughts.

Hot on the heels of Masterpiece Inferno, comes the one and only Grapple. The cast grapples with balancing want of a cool toy with indifference of a character. Also, speculation about other upcoming Masterpiece figures is found within. Is Hoist an inevitability?

On top of his reveal, we also got wind of the next two possible Masterpiece figures, starting with, at last, a new Megatron? Put another way, Megatron, is that you!? Our show has a hint.

Masterpiece also looks to be taking a turn down the stone cold highway to hell as the sound of broken glass appears to be ushering in a new era: Shattered Glass Masterpiece, starting with none other than Optimus Prime. You can take a look back at the history of Shattered Glass with our SG Optimus Prime 2.0 gallery. We also talk about SG Megatron, but maybe not in the way you'd expect! Why? Well, the picture below from Seibertronian Mindmaster will help as a visual aid for the speculation heard within this episode.

The topic struggles to come to the forefront for a bit, but we finally get around to talking about popular toy line and show topic, Titans Return.

No, seriously, we just can't seem to get to it for awhile. Even this comes up to distract us along the way!

There's an entire playlist of these terrible/amazing G2 toy ads on the site's YouTube channel, so check it out for maximum face-palming/jammin'!

:ahem: Anyhow, we finally do reach our Titanmaster promised land, and not a moment too soon. Wave 2 of the Generations Titans Return toys have started to hit the shelves and with most of the crew having them in hand, we turn all negative Nancy on a few but we end up balancing those out with some high praise.

An interesting list recently appeared of some rumored future Titans Return toys that may be coming down the pike. You'll have to tune in to find out what we think is real, what we think is wishful thinking, and what names might actually show up on packaging. Shattered dreams within, or just a lowering of expectations? Perhaps neither?

Robots in Disguise looks to be doing its best Transformers Victory Multiforce impression with Combiner Force. The recent app update leads to a conversation so in depth, you'll probably be finished reading this sentence in the time it takes for it to all play out.

Up next, our comic gurus discuss the latest comic issues of TF: Titans Return, MTMTE, and Till All Are One. A quick look at the latest stories and thoughts on where we think things may go from here await. In addition, one cast member just might have been hooked by a recent preview showing more of the potential of the Combiner Wars arc brought back to the forefront.

Up next is a great listener question from one of our news staff members, william-james88. New molds of existing characters, or repaints of existing molds into new characters - which reigns supreme?

To wrap up this episode, we have another exciting round of bragging rights. Tune in to find out what neat stuff we got our hands on since last episode. Find out how friend of the show Flux Convoy lends a hand in this episode's bragging!

Plus: Jon 3.0 wins bragging rights for the remainder of all time forever and ever. Seriously. Most of you know why, but if not, be sure not to miss this!

Hope you enjoyed listening! Check back in about two weeks as we prepare for the Revolution.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #155 "Pillarboxed"

Postby Big Grim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
That sounds like a corkin' Blu-Ray release. Might have to get it, though I'm still happy with my dvd copy.

Well, I reckon I want this Grapple. He looks great! Better than Inferno, in my opinion. I have MakeToys Hellfire and am happy with it, so Grapple gives me an excuse to try this mould!

Megatron. Hrm. Annoying. To be honest, I'm still thinking about ordering MakeToys Despotron. He just looks better to me and his transformation looks like a blast!

Shattered Glass Prime. Easy pass. Never cared for Shattered Glass and Masterpiece is my only hobby focus these days (though my resolve is being tested by the Titan Returns updates to the original Headmaster. Tested hard.) so there's simply no need for him.

I gotta say, having the official figure matters less to me these day for Masterpiece. I don't feel the need to replace 3rd party just for the official tag. FanToys Dinobots, Shockwave and Perceptor a perfect for me. Likewise MakeToys Protectobots, Inferno and Megatron. While not for everyone, they fit what I want from our (let's face it) very personal hobby! And hey, that leaves one more official figure out there for someone who DOES want it.

Those G2 commercials...*shudder*

Not noticing the read order kinda screwed me up with Titans Return and MTMTE. Figured it out in the end. Entertaining enough. TAAO is finally getting somewhere and holy cow! That preview! I CANNOT wait for that issue to be delivered! An insight into a combiners mind in general and Bruticus's in particular is MOST welcome.

Finally, congratulations to Jon 3.0 for his bragging right for finally getting to voice Prime officially! Hoping you get that original character(s) gig sooner rather than later! :BOWDOWN:
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby ScottyP » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Big Grim wrote:That sounds like a corkin' Blu-Ray release. Might have to get it, though I'm still happy with my dvd copy.
I should stress that if you have a HD TV, any subjectivity on the coloration aside, you won't regret the upgrade for a second! This one definitely looks nicer overall than the Metrodome one that's been available for some years as well.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:04 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
ScottyP wrote:I should stress that if you have a HD TV, any subjectivity on the coloration aside, you won't regret the upgrade for a second! This one definitely looks nicer overall than the Metrodome one that's been available for some years as well.

Nice! Thanks for the endorsement of the Blu-Ray! :D
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Menace-Or? » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Ha! I can't believe Bradlees got name dropped! I grew up in CT. I wonder if Claire remembers Caldor? :lol:
Menace-Or?
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Mindwipe is totally going to be the next Transformer I buy now. Just because of his place as the ugly one of the group. He's totally going to be mopey and emo.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby xRotorstormx » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:52 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Menace-Or? wrote:Ha! I can't believe Bradlees got name dropped! I grew up in CT. I wonder if Claire remembers Caldor? :lol:

Small world :D :lol: Oh goodness, of course I do!!
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Glad you're pleased with the Grand Convoy, Scotty. :-D
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Hey, regarding Alpha Trion...

I kind of thought it was more of a call back to the unreleased/unproduced Alpha Trion Botcon figure.

universe-alphatrion-005.jpg

download.jpg
download.jpg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 13875 times
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Counterpunch wrote:Hey, regarding Alpha Trion...

I kind of thought it was more of a call back to the unreleased/unproduced Alpha Trion Botcon figure.

universe-alphatrion-005.jpg

Yeah, thats what I thought. Plus that botcon homage persists with the other alt mode which references his other Botcon toy:

Transformers Convention & Club Exclusives Alpha Trion Gallery

So this Alpha Trion pretty much has the only 2 alt modes he was ever shown to have within the brand (through Botcon toys).

Also, it was releaved that the Shatered Glass Optimus is indeed a Takara toy, especially since he is numbered as MP 10 SG

BUT

it is meant to be released only in Asia through Hasbro Asia/Transformers Asia.

It is the same scenario as with MP 11 SW, a couple years ago, where he was a Takara toy but only released for the Asian market.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #53 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240210D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #65 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (CA) Sienkiewicz 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON