This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"

Postby megatronus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your charismatic host RodimusConvoy13, plus Megatronus, Jon3.0, and xRotorstomx - listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Another episode of the Twincast Podcast, another round of new product sightings. This time, it's Titans Return Titan Masters + Deluxes Wave 3, and the highly anticipated RID Bisk. So, who's not picking these up?

Squeeeeeaaaaallllll!!!!

Now that Thanksgiving has passed - and with it all the sales we'll likely see the week before Christmas and after the New Year - we can grapple with a dose of self-reflection. Seibertron.com staff member william-james88 asks: "What price do you guys look at when wondering if a toy is worth the price?" Oomph. That's a doozy,

It's the most sales-iest time of the year.

Masterpiece Inferno is here, and, as is usually the case, the Twincast crew has some thoughts. Live thoughts. The liveliest. So live, that Jon3.0 opens his figure on air. After this live unboxing, the Twincast tackles the fandom's heretofore armchair accolades and critiques. Did I mention it was live?

Disco Inferno

Combiner Wars is back - or rather, ending. Takara's upcoming Baldigus appears to be the last known release of Combiner Wars molds, and as we look forward to more fabulous Titans Return figures, we conduct a post-mortem to understand how Combiner Wars marked a turning point for the brand.

So bald. So good.

Machinima is back with news of seasons 2 & 3 announced. Jon3.0 - the voice of Machinima's Optimus Prime - gives us an inside look at how the sausage is made, while others voice their critiques and hopes for the future of Machinima's work.

Write. Her. Better.

Bragging Rights is here. Last time, we geared up for a good old fashioned Black Friday smackdown. Now, it's time for the ACTUAL smackdown. Who got what this Black Friday, and who was brave enough to make more purchases after our consumer-driven culture's most shameful day?

Ready for the smackdown.

Ummm... who the heck is Grapple?

Seriously, we could use some help on this one.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"

Postby KVO Prime » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:01 am

I wish I'd bitten at the $75 Fort Max sale going on for one day only... sigh...
KVO Prime
Minibot

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
That MicroMaster in sins of the wreckers would be Stakeout. :WRECKERS:
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:That MicroMaster in sins of the wreckers would be Stakeout. :WRECKERS:

Never mind way to go Clair
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby ScottyP » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
A mention of Wahlberg and Bisk together without acknowledgement of Ted? All I can say to that is "You owe me lobstah money!"
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
This was a fun, silly episode. Had my smiling like a dork through my day in the office! Cheers! :D
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Big Grim wrote:This was a fun, silly episode. Had my smiling like a dork through my day in the office! Cheers! :D

Thanks, we had a good time doing it.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

As a father, I love Rescue Bots! Such a fun and happy way to bring the newest of generations into the fandom. I would absolutely love a podcast dedicated to this line, looking and talking about how we introduce our children to this franchise that we so love. Great idea, I hope to see something come from it!

Now, a bit of a negative. I always hate giving criticism online, as I always worry I'm coming across a bit mean. I hope nobody takes it personally. That said.....

The last few episodes, when you talk of new toys, it has sounded less like fans discussing new items, and more like Hasbro is paying you to say good things. Now, I genuinely believe you all do love the new stuff as much as you say, I just think it would be good to include somebody with a less rosy opinion for the sake of more balanced discussion. I understand that there are limits and difficulties in getting people on the cast and all of that, don't get me wrong. If everyone that can be on the show happens to love the product, than so be it, I get it.

As someone who is, lets just say, less than thrilled with recent official product, it would be nice to hear from somebody who isn't such a fan. I just like to hear a multi sided discussion.

All that said, I do enjoy the podcast, please keep up the good work, thank you all.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Ironhidesh wrote:Now, a bit of a negative. I always hate giving criticism online, as I always worry I'm coming across a bit mean. I hope nobody takes it personally. That said.....

The last few episodes, when you talk of new toys, it has sounded less like fans discussing new items, and more like Hasbro is paying you to say good things. Now, I genuinely believe you all do love the new stuff as much as you say, I just think it would be good to include somebody with a less rosy opinion for the sake of more balanced discussion. I understand that there are limits and difficulties in getting people on the cast and all of that, don't get me wrong. If everyone that can be on the show happens to love the product, than so be it, I get it.

As someone who is, lets just say, less than thrilled with recent official product, it would be nice to hear from somebody who isn't such a fan. I just like to hear a multi sided discussion.

All that said, I do enjoy the podcast, please keep up the good work, thank you all.

Criticism is always welcome!

Can you provide an example or two to give us a better idea of what you mean? :michaelbay:

I will say that the job of the podcast isn't to be balanced - we're there to be opinionated. For example, I know I tend to be really upbeat on official Generations product (these days at least). Sometimes there's a consensus, sometimes not. But what's important is that we've engaged you in a way where you feel comfortable continuing the conversation by saying "I disagree!" ;)^
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:34 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

As a father, I love Rescue Bots! Such a fun and happy way to bring the newest of generations into the fandom. I would absolutely love a podcast dedicated to this line, looking and talking about how we introduce our children to this franchise that we so love. Great idea, I hope to see something come from it!

Now, a bit of a negative. I always hate giving criticism online, as I always worry I'm coming across a bit mean. I hope nobody takes it personally. That said.....

Duly noted and feedback is appreciated.

I think in general, that I'm kind of the quality hard-liner. It just so happens that I've really, honestly enjoyed the past six months or so of retail releases.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:45 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Counterpunch wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

Duly noted and feedback is appreciated.

I think in general, that I'm kind of the quality hard-liner. It just so happens that I've really, honestly enjoyed the past six months or so of retail releases.

I'm generally positive about all the figures I get because I only get the ones I really want. I just really love the Titans Return line. I think it's fantastic.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Ironhidensh wrote:The last few episodes, when you talk of new toys, it has sounded less like fans discussing new items, and more like Hasbro is paying you to say good things.
I wonder if they would pay us? :-?

Nah but for real, I think all my negative energy has been going so hard towards Revolution that I probably haven't been looking at the toys very critically. I think I crap on Dezarus a bit in 162, but on the other side of my mouth I praise the limbs in the set.

RiD/TAV is a good example of something that presumably does not appeal to a large section of the fans that
listen to our show, but generally when it comes up, I bet it does sound to many like we're shilling it. Objectively, if these were compared to some same arbitrary set of standards as the Generations line, many of these would be figuratively slaughtered in a critical light. However, I think within the context of what that line is trying to do and for the bulk of the audience/age range it is aimed at, it's great. Ratchet's vehicle mode still needs some more damn paint though, and not even the TAV version helps, it only adds paint in bot mode!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Quintesson Set of 5 A B C D E Image Comics (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #44 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 44RI Garbowska"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #20 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 20B FEB200654 (CA) Lawrence"
TRANSFORMERS #20 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON