This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:58 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Welcome to the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast and the first episode of 2017 - "Through The Space Hole". The crew this episode features ScottyP as host, as well as Razorclaw0000 and recurring guest podcaster Mr. Starscream, who listeners will recognize from our IDW comic-centric podcast episodes of the past.

Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

The show kicks off with some major comics catch up on the table. A fantastic duo of Scotty P and Razorclaw start out by talking about new sensation hearthrob series Till All Are One, with both issue 5 and issue 6 being available to readers. Discussion includes the title's place in the proper comic universe, the way it expands said universe, and just how creepy Elita really is. Please be aware that as always, all comics talk in the show may contain complete spoilers for certain issues!

Not Optimus Prime's Girlfriend

After that, the comics march continues with a dive into the newly launched Optimus Prime series, and dissect issues 1 and 2, discussing the art style, character appearances, and the larger implications of the series. Also, a lobster rides a sports car and we slide in some oily references to things that you probably wouldn't want your mother to hear.

Sumptous Art

After adding in the formidable Mr. Starscream to right the ship, the team gets to the relaunched Lost Light and its premier issue 1, and intense speculation on the foreshadowing therein. Prepare to confront and repel us after this topic for the massive space hole in the conversation that occurs. Why is that? Well, we completely forgot about Anode and Lug due to all the foreshadowing!

I hope the show isn't this dull

A brief interlude finds the Twincast podcasters achieving Total Brand Awareness, with that loveable MP3 finding a new job in the process. Suffice it to say that if you haven't read the amazing More Than Meets The Eye: Revolution yet, the laughter here may just convince you that it's time.

Josh Boyfriend is into G1?

Shifting gears, we discuss the reveals of Titans Return Kup and his casemates, Krok and Quake, as well as the other Wave 4 reveals. You didn't think we'd go a whole show without toys, did you? Some of the speculation here is out of date already, but at least there was always that twelve hours where Krok was just an oversized Gatoraider in our minds.

Quakin' in ma boots

Closing out the toy talk is a lengthy discussion of MP Camo Black Bape Convoy, including how to get it and some of the difficulties of the earlier BAPE releases. Hang out and find out just how out of touch some of your favorite podcast pals are(n't).

Definitely not Sleep Convoy

Finally, we wrap up the show with holiday bragging rights. Did we get Transformers for the holidays? Did we give them? Maybe there was a little bit of both. Plus - can you figure out the mystery counterpunching so hardcore, we had to delete it from the show's audio? Probably, but don't tell anyone.

Coming soon to Hascon: companion pieces?

Thanks for listening!

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"

Postby Big Grim » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
So wait, Skywarp has joined the humans, like Thundercracker did previously? The bloomin' hypocrite! He shot TC for saving earth!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Big Grim wrote:So wait, Skywarp has joined the humans, like Thundercracker did previously? The bloomin' hypocrite! He shot TC for saving earth!

Yep, but he's there more for convenience than desire.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby ScottyP » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Big Grim wrote:So wait, Skywarp has joined the humans, like Thundercracker did previously? The bloomin' hypocrite! He shot TC for saving earth!

Yep, but he's there more for convenience than desire.
Looking for some quid pro quo is what's implied. Basically, they don't dissect him for parts in exchange for help.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
So ready for this episode. SO READY
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Ok, really though, was this one any good? I know we had fun recording it, but had my concerns about how well it would translate over to a listening experience.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:23 pm

ScottyP wrote:Ok, really though, was this one any good? I know we had fun recording it, but had my concerns about how well it would translate over to a listening experience.

Listening to it this week! Travelling not-solo means no earphones time.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I must admit, I haven't gotten through it all yet. Sorry, just got rehooked on Rachel Maddow, so I've been listening to her podcast(audio of her show) daily. I like what I have heard so far.

Had I been on this show, I was going to respond to the GI JOE stuff. I really don't have a problem with Skywarp being here or the JOE team using the Nemesis as a base. This is what bugs me:

How the hell do you even explain the existence of Cobra in this shared universe??? If I'm going to read GI JOE, I want them fighting Cobra. Not Direwraiths. Not Rebels in Greece. Cobra. A Ruthless Terrorist Organization determined to rule the world!

There's no way a group like the Cobra that we've known for all these years could exist in the universe now. If they weren't wiped out in All Hail Megatron, surely the EDC, or the Mecha Group in China, would have taken them out by now.

I mean in the original Real American Hero, Cobra was a stretch. They were really well funded for not being a country or backed by any Rogue State or government. I really just don't see how you can have Cobra now.

That's my rant. That's how I feel about this shared universe stuff.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

GI Joe 1 spoilers under tag - But COBRA dudes show up at the end of Joe 1, yes?

Also apparently while it's a stretch to make some details of it fit in this universe, apparently this Joe is a continuation of a Joe series (or four) where they fought some COBRA.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Something I like that Razorclaw mentioned, was how unsettling the Junkions are. For some reason I got the feeling that these junkions want to make a snuff film out of the main cast.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm

I am NOT he!"
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Something I like that Razorclaw mentioned, was how unsettling the Junkions are. For some reason I got the feeling that these junkions want to make a snuff film out of the main cast.

Exactly! I don't trust them. Shiftless Junkions.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Something I like that Razorclaw mentioned, was how unsettling the Junkions are. For some reason I got the feeling that these junkions want to make a snuff film out of the main cast.

Exactly! I don't trust them. Shiftless Junkions.

Like this cover alone shows that wreck-gar is clearly a shifty looking grifter, I mean the only thing better would've been if he had a whole bunch of rings on each hand
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 3

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:37 pm

You guys kept me company all the way to Osaka yesterday, and I took some notes!

I agree with razorclaw on the TAAO assessment of politicking à la early exRID - and in fact, the heavy lies the head vibe that surrounds Starscream is also building on the AHM coda dedicated to him. So many back references are happening right now, it's almost incredible.

As for tropes being redefined, it's probably an overall shift, and not just for female characters. Look at OP, and how his heroism is not a thing. Look at the Brainstorm/Nautica/Velocity interactions in MTMTE. Look at how morals are shifting constantly and across the board - there is no right way, but a matter of perspectives (Revolution kinda shows us that, too).

Carcer: I still suggest, almost not entirely seriously, that Trypticon may be hiding around here somewhere soon. Also, what is the connection to/with Onyx Prime? (Other than Blackrock.) The pacing, on the other hand, I feel can be mostly down to IDW's magical scheduling magic.

[Sidenote: I actually almost kind of enjoyed Dawn of the Predacus for what it was...]

OP: art fitting comic, may be worth looking outside of TFverse, and more to 2000AD and Judge Dredd. Police state (especially in flashbacks), wastelands, aftermaths of conflict, rising tensions - that's where Zama also gets a lot of her influences.

The faceplate thing - what do people make of the delusional Prime trajectory? Is he going to go full Prime lineage? Aileron had a quick change of heart about him, but how is it going to work for the non-aligned characters?

I have more thoughts on the other bits later, too. Gotta run now though!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Va'al wrote:Carcer: I still suggest, almost not entirely seriously, that Trypticon may be hiding around here somewhere soon. Also, what is the connection to/with Onyx Prime? (Other than Blackrock.) The pacing, on the other hand, I feel can be mostly down to IDW's magical scheduling magic.

I think considering Trypticon's involvement in existing IDW backstory, that would be incredibly difficult to pull off.

He was last seen in "Redemption" on Cybertron.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Va'al » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:18 am

Counterpunch wrote:
Va'al wrote:Carcer: I still suggest, almost not entirely seriously, that Trypticon may be hiding around here somewhere soon. Also, what is the connection to/with Onyx Prime? (Other than Blackrock.) The pacing, on the other hand, I feel can be mostly down to IDW's magical scheduling magic.

I think considering Trypticon's involvement in existing IDW backstory, that would be incredibly difficult to pull off.

He was last seen in "Redemption" on Cybertron.

True. I had almost entirely forgotten about it - that's what was keeping my speculation afloat. Hmm.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:22 pm

I got back to Italy, and the thing that ScottyP sent arrived. I truly am #blessed.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:08 am

That's hilarious!
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 am

Seeing it in pictures makes me realize wow, my handwriting is bad.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:45 am

Nah man. Perfectly legible to me.

But I used to be a chef with an Irish Head Chef. His hand writing was worse than a Doctors.
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Kup would look great as G1 Crosshairs.http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/d/d ... shairs.jpg
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby ScottyP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Kup would look great as G1 Crosshairs.
Oh for sure! The alt mode doesn't need much tweaking at all to be spot on for it
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr M 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT220281 1M (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 1C"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr R 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230490 1R (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics MAY230338 1A"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230356 1C"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr F Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220272 1F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 1:50 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200916 (CA) Nicuolo"
POWER RANGERS #1 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr I 1:30 Boom Studios Comics JUN230423 (CA) Montes"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics FEB230325 5F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230509 6Q (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #54 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUL200907 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #1 (of 3) 1:25 incv Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230320 11E (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230452 7D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr D ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON