This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron.com's review of the Transformers Movie sneak peek event

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Transtopias Rodimus Prime » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:53 pm

Yeah what he said. G'nite Chi-town from a Cardinals..I mean Transformers fan. :grin:
(sector70)
Transtopias Rodimus Prime
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Well Ryan, from your little review here, I'm not to worried about the new movie now. Form what you've said, it seems to be okay. I too am still a little ticked off at the faces of some characters & the fact that some of them don't speak, but I can adjust. Maybe it won't suck...............
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Revimus Leo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:21 am

This review just gives me more faith in the film. Heck, my anticipation has been growing since I first saw the trailer. Granted, I too, am not carzy about the design of some of the faces, but really, this sounds very great.

The part with Sam's dog made me laugh. I can just see it now.
Iron Hide: *Nearly avoids crushing Chihauhau.* Oops, sorry little feller..
Chihauhau: *Yaps at Iron Hide a little, and then pees on IH's foot.*
Iron Hide: Why you little varmit.. *Aims an arm cannon at the dog.* This'll fix'ya!
Sam: What the? No, don't shoot him! >< *Completely flips out at Iron Hide.*

I know, I know, but I really hate those little "rat-dogs" as my dad calls them. XD Anyways, back to the comments. Really, like ID4? I saw that movie, was pretty good to me. Never saw Armaggedon, but my dad did, and he liked it, so this is all good news to me.

And Decepticlone Soundwave, they will talk in the film. They were only mute probably because the VA work is still being finished, and these scenes were the most complete of the ones worked on. So don't worry, at least the Autobots won't be mute, not sure of the Decepticons though... If Bumble Bee speaks in the Prequel Comics, but not in the Film, well, I think you get the idea...

Anyways, I just have this one thing to say. Bring on 7/4/7.
Revimus Leo
Mini-Con

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:18 am

awesome review, and i cant wait to see these monsters in action,

yes, i still think they look like monsters, but ive been wanting to see them in action nonetheless, and this review solidifies that resolve

and blue, i don't think your trolling, and i respect your views and opinions. i agree this is a total change from what my transformers are, but so was beast wars, and when i finally made myself watch it and check out the toys, they were awesome, and most of them had fugly monster bodies and faces.

that being said, the only reason anybody is saying these things to you, is that you are very abusive in stating your opinion, your accusations of siebs taking money to give a good review is a prime example.

you are totally entitled to your opinion and to voice them, but so is everyone else, and it becomes easy for people to take things personally when it comes to voicing our views.

a modicum of tact is a must in these situations.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Arcadius-Prime » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:18 am

Why is Bumblebee mute? What's that all about?
Arcadius-Prime
Mini-Con

Postby Wolfguard » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:05 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
I've gone back and forth on liking and disliking what I've seen, and whether I'll pay to see it in a theater or wait till it's out on DVD. I'm going to do what I've been doing with everything in my life lately, and that's to have an open mind about something I have not experienced.

I'll be seeing it at the theater. If I don't like it, big deal. In the grand sceme, what's $10 bucks? Just less than a full hour of work, that's all. Seibertron effin' rocks the Kazbah.
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:21 am

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
If I end up waiting for the DVD, it'll be just like Silent Hill: it would have been too much of a bother to go see it in the theater to be worth it for me, even if it is Transformers.

Really looking forward to this though. By the time 7/4 comes around I should be able to at least try to go see it at the nearest Harkens, because my nephew's gonna be out of school by then and I'm sure his mom's going to take him out to the movies at least once during summer break. Not sure how interested they'd be in the Transformers but I don't think they'd be too put off if I go on my own and see it.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby whodat » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:41 am

I am glad Seibertron went and gave his objective review. Like most things, I prefer to get the opinion of someone less inclined than to enjoy the movie, and the author of the Transformers 101 article is about as objective as it gets!

I will say that I remember seeing the Beast Wars commercial for the first time on TV, not seeing cars and planes and cassette decks, and REALLY getting a sinking feeling in my gut. My initial knee-jerk response was "Where is OP?"

Then I saw the first cartoon, then the second, and I was hooked. It was not G1...not even close. It was not cars and planes and cassette players. Worse, the voices were not even close. But the story was so good and the characters were so unique I was able to get past my initial response to the show.

Nothing will ever be like the children of the 80's remember, and as one I can say that is sad in a way. Something about our shows like Transformers, Thundercats, and GI Joe will never be the same again. But this is a new generation of kids that are watching the one thing I loved most as a child...Transformers! Over 20 years and our kids are watching our favorite show. How many other cartoons and toys can claim that same fame besides Barbie and Hot Wheels?

I look forward to taking my 4 year old to go see his hero (thanks to the boxed set of G1) - Optimus Prime. See ya there!
whodat
Mini-Con

Postby Stormrider » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:11 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Revimus wrote:This review just gives me more faith in the film. Heck, my anticipation has been growing since I first saw the trailer. Granted, I too, am not carzy about the design of some of the faces, but really, this sounds very great.

The part with Sam's dog made me laugh. I can just see it now.
Iron Hide: *Nearly avoids crushing Chihauhau.* Oops, sorry little feller..
Chihauhau: *Yaps at Iron Hide a little, and then pees on IH's foot.*
Iron Hide: Why you little varmit.. *Aims an arm cannon at the dog.* This'll fix'ya!
Sam: What the? No, don't shoot him! >< *Completely flips out at Iron Hide.*

Do dogs normally pee on other creatures when they get frightened, angry, or provoked? I thought most dogs either barked, ran away, or attacked their provoker.

Reading Blackout's transformation sequence excites me. But reading about the cliched humor depresses me.

By the way, were they referring to Shia's haircut when this comparison was made? :P
Shia Lebeouf (Sam Witwicky) was compared to a "young Tom Hanks".
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby High Command » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Seibertron wrote:I think once everyone has a chance to see the movie that they'll enjoy it. If they're looking for something that's not there, then that's their issue. The movie is what it is. It's got the recipe for a major summer blockbuster along the lines of Armageddon and Independence Day. If you don't like those kinds of movies, then I don't know what to tell you.

Oh dear. :-(
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.

Burn wrote:High Command is an arsehat.
High Command
Headmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Leonardo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:32 am

High Command wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I think once everyone has a chance to see the movie that they'll enjoy it. If they're looking for something that's not there, then that's their issue. The movie is what it is. It's got the recipe for a major summer blockbuster along the lines of Armageddon and Independence Day. If you don't like those kinds of movies, then I don't know what to tell you.

Oh dear. :-(

I concur.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Milanion » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 am

Bluebullet wrote:I'm not trolling at all. All I do is state my opinion in a topic, and someone tells me to "Chill" or "Stop hating". I have no intention to troll, nor have I been. I just won't take those comments sitting down.

Can it.

Anyways, Seibs, thanks for the review - especially some of the additional details. The 102 comment must have been a relief at the end.

Sounds like a lot of things will be different, but a good amount of thought and good effort has been put into the production value. I'm sold anyway, but this certainly makes me feel a little better about inviting lots of people out to see it.
Milanion
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Postby Milanion » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:38 am

stormrider wrote:Do dogs normally pee on other creatures when they get frightened, angry, or provoked?

Mine does.
Milanion
Combiner

Postby Myriagon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:32 am

Well this sure puts me at ease a bit, but i'll bring out my old saying as usual:

"I'll watch the movie, read the comics, buy the toys, and even make a fanfic outta the movie, but whether i will like it or not has yet to be seen."
Myriagon
Micromaster

Postby Stormrider » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:41 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Milanion wrote:
stormrider wrote:Do dogs normally pee on other creatures when they get frightened, angry, or provoked?

Mine does.

I didn't know they used your dog in the Transformer movie.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Milanion » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:44 am

stormrider wrote:
Milanion wrote:

Mine does.

I didn't know they used your dog in the Transformer movie.

Yeah, I was totally psyched when Bay called. I wasn't crazy about him giving the dog 4 eyes, but I got over it.
Milanion
Combiner

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:59 am

Arcadius-Prime wrote:Why is Bumblebee mute? What's that all about?

The way I see it and I talked to a freind about this is Either Bay or the writers possibly thought that if they couldn't use a VW whynot pay tribute to the first Autobot(even though he doesn't transform)

A liitle white VW Beetle with the number 53

Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby War Hammer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:11 am

It was a very good review of the preview to be fair. I've seen the clips of Blackouts transformation and I've seen the stills, while the CGI will no doubt be out of this world it still won't help me overcome the failings I see in this film.

Basic ingredients have been changed to a tried and tested methodology regarding the transformers. I didn't know Bumblebee was a mute, which I can see will offer comic relief but it's another silly design change against a character I used to love. I won't go into the same old argument about the head or character redesigns but you all know what I mean.

It still hasn't changed my mind I'm afraid and I will be saving my money for something, I'll just download the movie on release. It differs from people to people but in my case this movie has diminished my enjoyment in transformers as a whole.

**Before someone tries to flame me or tries to tell me I'm wrong, I'm only expressing my opinion and not comparing mine with someone else's over the movie.**
War Hammer
Minibot

Postby Gaijin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:16 am

What little I have read of the posts of this site's many members, I have to say that some of you act like people are attacking you personally, when in fact, they are telling what they feel or saw in the movie. Now, I agree that people should be free to express themselves however they should- afterall, I reside in the US, where the Amendment states Freedom of Speech. But, to push others to believe as you do is just not cool.

I personally did not attend the viewing, and I, too, have had reservations. But, since day-one, I have been overall pretty stoked about this movie. I refuse to pass judgment, regardless of how I feel about the Transformers' troublesome designs, until I go see the film in July. In the meantime, from what I have read from Ryan's report as well as the others who attended, I am even moreso excited than before. Thanks to Ryan and the others who attended and gave reviews.
Gaijin
Minibot

Postby hot rod 907 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:40 am

Must see movie...
Must see movie...
Must see movie...
hot rod 907
Micromaster

Postby magnusupreme » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 am

A good read.The film is going to be good
My GT is SaberBurst, if you wanna add me, message me first.
magnusupreme
Fuzor

Postby Prowl76 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:06 am

Motto: "Can't live by logical thinking alone."
Weapon: Wind Funnel Producing Laser
I can't wait to see this. I've even convinced some friends who aren't really into transformers to go see it with me.
Prowl76
Godmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Autobobby1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:22 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
While I do love a good action movie, which this movie will have a lot of, I'm most interested in the scenes like the one at Sam's house. The Autobots trying to blend into the human environments, human-Transformer interaction, and the Transformer's personalities are what I'm most excited about.

This movie will be awesome, and I hate it when people who have only seen robot designs and TEASER trailers disregard it. Only Ryan has seen it, so you can't tell if it sucks. It's only different.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Marty Rocket » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:40 am

So, now the main person who spearheaded the hate towards Michael Bay and this movie has changed his mind and approves of it, does that mean everyone else suddenly likes it too?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ass, but if Seibertron sees the whole movie before all of us, and changed his mind, I get the feeling everyone would change their minds too.
Marty Rocket
Minibot

Postby Autobobby1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Optimus Convoy wrote:So, now the main person who spearheaded the hate towards Michael Bay and this movie has changed his mind and approves of it, does that mean everyone else suddenly likes it too?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ass, but if Seibertron sees the whole movie before all of us, and changed his mind, I get the feeling everyone would change their minds too.

He hasn't seen the whole movie, just what he told us. Several scenes, that's all.

But is BB really a mute?
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #37 Cvr C Walking Dead Image Comics 0823IM393 37C (CA) Morazzo"
ICE CREAM MAN #37 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #318 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 MAR210228 318A (W) McFarlane (CA) Revolver"
SPAWN #318 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1123IM225 350C (CA) Stegman"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM457 2B (CA) Chan (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210A"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802A (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM288 1C (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 OCT220169 17A (CA) Robeck (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #17 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #73 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM316 73B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802B (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON