This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Advanced Reviews of IDW's Devastation #1 and Beast Wars Ascending #1

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Advanced Reviews of IDW's Devastation #1 and Beast Wars Ascending #1

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Comic Review Website Fractal Matter have released two advanced reviews of upcoming IDW Transformers comics.

Their first review is of Transformers Devastation #1, whilst their second review is of Beast Wars: The Ascending #1.

Both reviews contain major spoilers, so do not click the links unless you are certain you want to know what is going to happen in these issues.

Both comics will be released this month, with Devastation #1 out on the 19th of September, and Beast Wars: The Ascending #1 due the following week on the 26th of September.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Moonbase2 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Dang it, I'm torn! I usually end up spoiling surprises for myself, then freaking out if something happens to a character I like....I don't know if I want to read the reviews....
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 pm

I like that they start with "contains spoilers" so I know not to read this!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Scaleface » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 am

Both links are to Devastation. Ascending is here: http://fractalmatter.com/main/?p=702
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:14 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Wow, an actually insightful review. Nice.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Archanubis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:32 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I do have to wonder how this fits in with Beast Machines, unless that series is being ignored completely.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby darth reven » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 am

no pictures
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Stormwolf » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:21 am

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'm really looking forward to Devastation :)
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby clrobe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:56 am

Thunderscream wrote:I do have to wonder how this fits in with Beast Machines, unless that series is being ignored completely.

That's a good question. I don't think anything has been definitively stated whether or not they would ignore it or not. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
clrobe
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Stormwolf » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
clrobe wrote:
Thunderscream wrote:I do have to wonder how this fits in with Beast Machines, unless that series is being ignored completely.

That's a good question. I don't think anything has been definitively stated whether or not they would ignore it or not. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Furman plan a alternate timeline?
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Archanubis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Stormwolf wrote:
clrobe wrote:

Didn't Furman plan a alternate timeline?

I know that was the case with the G1 series, but I'm not sure sure about the Beast Wars series. Then again, I'm well known for my oblivious nature. ;)
Archanubis
City Commander

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:14 pm

I hope Furman doesn't ignore Beast Machines.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Night Striker » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:43 pm

So far it seems to be going that way considering the warring on Cybertron which wasn't happening in the actual Beast Wars show. If it does tie in then the fighting explains how easy Megatron took over, if not then it's a new story line that will have to be developed.
Night Striker
Fuzor

Postby Great Atlas » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Motto: "Don't worry, I got it all under control"
Weapon: Twin Swords
seems like ascending might be a remake of point omega
Great Atlas
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby zemper » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:45 pm

no, i think at some point furman must have considered BM.

if guys have read The Gathering, these events take place exactly at the season 3 storyline - though due to transwarp shunting a few nanoklicks from the current time zone, they cannot be seen by the regular BW characters.

i don't know how furman is going to pull this one off, but let's hope he does make it a continuity plug from the end of BW to the start of BM. maybe further issues will reveal how the Maximal Elders and the Tripred Council fell against megs.
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:16 pm

zemper wrote:i don't know how furman is going to pull this one off, but let's hope he does make it a continuity plug from the end of BW to the start of BM. maybe further issues will reveal how the Maximal Elders and the Tripred Council fell against megs.

There are so many possibilities for him to go onto Beast Machines stories. I hope it does not happen anytime soon, we need more Beast Wars stories to come out before Beast Machines is even thought of.

Especially considering that the Beasts still on Earth could stay on there throughout the Beast machines saga, them returning to a Tech-organic Cybertron could open up even more story possibilities.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby zemper » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:45 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Especially considering that the Beasts still on Earth could stay on there throughout the Beast machines saga, them returning to a Tech-organic Cybertron could open up even more story possibilities.

yeah, that a good idea there! never thought of that one before. guess it takes a lot of continuity headaches for Furman if he ever goes deeper into the BW saga.

we need more BW stories, 'nuff said. personally, it was the comics that really made me appreciate the whole BW saga. after reading the Gathering and looking at Don's excellent art, i got seasons 1-3 and man, was i sucked deep.

heck, i even lost all interest in collecting the movie toys! (well, if i ever find a deluxe arcee, that's another story haha). i'm diverting all my resources into acquiring BW figs, esp. Lio Convoy. he's very interesting, another Prime who's different from the original Primal. plus, he's got a better transformation and a cool robot mode overall.

guess you should email this idea to IDW, trunks..it's just too good to pass up. kudos dude. 8)
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON