This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Megatron Origens#4 NEw Sampels!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Megatron Origens#4 NEw Sampels!

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
OK he did it again the artist of MO has posted more samples of MO#4 in color and lines only.

OH yea spoilers, bigass Spoilers!

Lines only:

Page06
Page07
Page09
Page16

Color:

Page06
Page07
Page09
Page16

Damn they look good!

Oh crap just saw the thread saying they're out today, sorry :oops:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Front Paged and Credited.

Some great work in there, the line art is fantastic, and the colours are suburb Josh, page 16 is some of your best work I have ever seen.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby dragons » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm

i agree great colors great work on this issue on page 16 looks like a gundam turned into decepticon i watch alot of anime that could be why.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:38 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and Credited.

Some great work in there, the line art is fantastic, and the colours are suburb Josh, page 16 is some of your best work I have ever seen.

Hell yea, my front page No4!
Thanks

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Cyber-Kun » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:44 am

wow, you can really see the gundam influences...
recent acquisitions: TFA Black Arachnia, Ratchet & Leader Megatron, Movie Stockade
Cyber-Kun
Headmaster Jr

Postby Leonardo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 am

Yes, these look really good.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:34 am

Please don't think I'm being a douche when I say this, but honestly the one thing that has turned me off in the Origins series has been the coloring. While I think it has a nice ancient "feel" to it, tone wise, the flatness tends to hide a lot of the details, making the characters blend into the backgrounds. I guess I'm just more use to the bright colors that have been the staple in previous books.

I think everyone involved are doing a superb job, of course, it just doesn't mesh with my eye, personally.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:14 am

You're not the only person who has complained about the colouring in this series. I think the muddy, blurry style is a sound approach to the story, especially given the dirty, almost seedy nature of the Cybertronian society at this point in history. It's a time when it's harder to make the distinctions between good and evil; the roles of both the mistreated 'future-Decepticons' and the rather aggressive, forceful Autobots seem to illustrate this. In that respect, the colouring style almost mimicks the narrative zeitgeist. That said, Milne packs a lot into his panels and draws with much detail, and I feel that the colouring style used in this series is perhaps not the best approach to take as it often compromises the dynamics of the pencils.

Of course, it's not entirely the colourist[s]'s fault; there are some panels where I wonder what impression Milne was trying to give and I can't always see how the panel composition is telling the story. Megatron's first murder of an Autobot, for example, should have had more resonance in the drawing. Overall, though, I feel murky colouring doesn't mesh well with cramped, detailed pencilling. It seems to me to be a case of two considered ideas that would work well independently, yet when applied in tandem don't support one another very well.

There are, as well, some issues with the writing that really should've been tightened.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby bookofjunon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:54 am

The biggest mistake they have ever made with this was making it Megatron who founded the Decepticons. They should have had him be one who crushed the previous leader and took over.

I think it would have been a lot more interesting if there were multiple Decepticon leaders in the past.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Leonardo wrote: there are some panels where I wonder what impression Milne was trying to give and I can't always see how the panel composition is telling the story. Megatron's first murder of an Autobot, for example, should have had more resonance in the drawing. Overall, though, I feel murky colouring doesn't mesh well with cramped, detailed pencilling. It seems to me to be a case of two considered ideas that would work well independently, yet when applied in tandem don't support one another very well.

There are, as well, some issues with the writing that really should've been tightened.

I have to agree here, the colours suit the story well, but the art could have been better.
The story and concept were sound, the writing somewhat disappointing.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Leonardo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:19 am

i_amtrunks wrote:
Leonardo wrote: there are some panels where I wonder what impression Milne was trying to give and I can't always see how the panel composition is telling the story. Megatron's first murder of an Autobot, for example, should have had more resonance in the drawing. Overall, though, I feel murky colouring doesn't mesh well with cramped, detailed pencilling. It seems to me to be a case of two considered ideas that would work well independently, yet when applied in tandem don't support one another very well.

I have to agree here, the colours suit the story well, but the art could have been better.
The story and concept were sound, the writing somewhat disappointing.

Yes, the premise was intriguing and the concept, as you say, was good. For me, it was largely the plotting and some of the panel-to-panel writing that were flawed. (I read somewhere that this was cut to four issues from the proposed six that Holmes had pitched to DW, so that might be why.)

And how many times did I feel like using the word 'well' in that quote?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby mechajol » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:57 am

dragons wrote:i agree great colors great work on this issue on page 16 looks like a gundam turned into decepticon i watch alot of anime that could be why.

sorry for the off-topic reply, but, dude, your sig is awesome! where can i get a high-res full picture of that? thanks! :grin:
mechajol
Vehicon

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADAY Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes Hasbro 2020 apple"
ADAY Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUAVÉ VERDE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020 suave salsa"
SUAVÉ VERDE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIZZY BONES Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 maraca"
DIZZY BONES Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FAIL POLISH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Nail Polish 2019 Hasbro"
FAIL POLISH Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRISOURTOPS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Triceratops Orange 2019"
TRISOURTOPS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUND Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
HOUND Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAH-WAAAH THE CLOWN Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors blowout 2020"
WAH-WAAAH THE CLOW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRIFT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
DRIFT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAKEOVER N OVER Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers 2019"
MAKEOVER N OVER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LUCKANEER Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Lawn League import 2019 Hasbro"
LUCKANEER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STINKEYE STAPLETON Transformers BotBots Series 1 LOST BOTS 2018 Hasbro Stapler"
STINKEYE STAPLETON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUMBEATS Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 drum kit set"
DUMBEATS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEALTH FORCE BUMBLEBEE Transformer Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
STEALTH FORCE BUMB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 CHOPPER MODE DROPKICK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition"
Series 4 CHOPPER M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON