- Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
- Weapon: Plasma Cannon
It just hit me, after all this time traveling schtck from War Dawn and Beastwars, I think I've got a handle how come Optimus was portrayed as a dock worker or an archivist, two diverging points of origins.
1. Smart @ss reason, heck, it's a cartoon, a convinient plot device so there.
2. A deeper introspective which hopefully I can harmonize. If we are to follow the diverging origin of the Aerialbots, just assuming they were already sentient mechanoids instead of transport vehicles, we can fairly assume that Orion Pax was indeed one of the faceless millions that were maimed or injured by Megatron prior to the Great War and some good samaritan just happened to have come across him and Ariel to send him to Alpha Trion for a massive upgrade.
3. War Within, if this is indeed the official final cannon of G1, we now have Orion called Optronix so where's the beef?
4. Given the fact that cybertronians had already been dabling with hyperspace travelling with the end consequences of time travel, it is highly possible that the datatracks we have all been viewing is a lie, or a little bit of falsehoods.
5. In Beastwars, the theft of the Golden Disc had Megatron instructing his future brethren that just in case they lose, to do something about altering the past to destroy the future, I believe that the Autobot hierarchy had also foreseen this and implanted false datactracks on the precise origins of their illustrious leader aka Optimus. If indeed time travel would have been feasible,why not kill Op before he got the upgrade no?
6.The Decepticons or Predacon's couldn't 'cause they couldn't get a precise or accurate record on who Optimus truely was right?
7. And one more thing bothering me, in Beast Wars Optimal solution, when Megatron the short whacked Optimus' head, a chronal storm erupted because reality itself was threatened and yet when Megatron stole Megatron the Big's spark, why was there no chronal maelstorm running wild? Shouldn't reality itself had been threatened then? Or was it just pre destiny?
8. Planting falsehoods in history may have also been a failsafe device by the Autobot's/Maximals to preserve history or reality itself. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
Last edited by fenrir72
on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Transformers purchasing habits, here are my following considerations so as not to DERAIL thread discussions:
1. Not hung up or hate scale. MP, Legend, Voyager....I'll take 'em all.
2. Price is indeed a big factor but if its a need to own one even if I have to eat "Scooby Snacks " for a month then so be it.
3. I tilt towards Tomy products over Hasbro because it's got lots'a bling (Legends Jetfire being the exception)